Just Lay Your Eyes Only on Me

Just Lay Your Eyes Only on Me

 

            “Don’t talk to that guy ever again.” He sat up with his back laid straight on the black couch coated with white fine linings.

            “Who?” She asked after quenching her thirst with a cold glass of water.

            “The guy with the big eyeglass.” His head tilted slightly as the gaze of his two focused eyes followed the petite yet appealing figure of a woman as she makes her way to the living room where he is in. The woman took the empty space beside him, resting her back on the couch. His expressive eyes were fixed on her, it never moved away, never did it dare to blink even once. He just wants a good sight of her, a better view of his woman as he delivers his demands. “I don’t want to see you talking to him again, not even a smile nor a glance, Arasseo?”

            “Are you talking about Shin Dongho?” With a mark of confusion from her question, she shifted her gaze to him with furrowed brows.

            “Yes. Never see that nerd again?” He affirmed.

            “I can’t. Dongho is my friend. He is my childhood friend.” From the very beginning her boyfriend already proved what kind of man he is. ‘Protective’… He belongs to the group of those type of boyfriends in the world. He won’t let any anonymous man come and lay a finger even on the tips of her hair. She’s alright about that fact but just now, his remarks made her feel that he instantaneously changed into an irrational type of man. And this forced her to negate from his requisition.

            “You can’t?” He spoke with a hint of disbelief in his voice and expression. “Hyoneul, had you noticed the way he talks to you, his silly looking smile, his stare which can melt you like an ice cream under the sun and that moment when you two held hands… He looks like a crazy man while enjoying the moment of your intertwined hands! Had you seen all of those?”

            “Minhyuk, you are exaggerating everything. You are seeing it in a different way.” Hyoneul explained hoping that it’ll subside the rising temper of her boyfriend.

            He laughed after she spoke and then stood with his feet on the tile floor of her apartment. “Hyoneul…” He turned to see her sitting figure still wearing his expressive eyes she loves to stare at. Her sight was stuck on his view as she waits for his ensuing statement. “It’s not overstating. It’s a transparent fact and apparently Ms. Park Hyoneul, you are hindering that truth from your senses. Why do you keep on ignoring it? Do you like the way he stares at you with those weird eyes of him?” The tone of the man’s voice abruptly changed into a more inflamed one.

            “What are you talking about? How can you say such things when you don’t even understand a thing? You just met him and you’re judging his ways already. He’s just happy to see me again. And besides, don’t expect me to throw away the years we shared together. I treasure the kind of friendship we have. Minhyuk, just stop being unreasonable, this won’t go anywhere.” She started to argue with him as she stood in front of him. She can’t tolerate the obstinate side of him. It was just earlier when she had the chance to see his childhood friend after they had parted for about five years. Excited for their meeting, she brought along her beloved boyfriend to introduce to her friend but hey, she never expected him to act as childish as he is right now.

            “Great! Why am I expecting you to choose a one year relationship with ME over your countless years with that FRIEND of yours?” He quoted with sarcasm marked in every word.

            “Minhyuk~” She tried to explain further but he just dig in, cutting her next lines.

            “Don’t try to explain. Don’t worry, it’s totally fine with me.” He paused and gulped in a deep breath. “I’m giving you the freedom to do whatever you want with him… Just forget the reality of having me as your boyfriend.” With a serious face, he ended not only the conversation but also the year he shared with her. The man’s shadow disappeared after he shut the door close with an earsplitting slam. It was a careless move from him. Comparing it to the board game chess, that can be considered as a critical move that endangers the life of its king. From his own decision, he only made things more than worst especially for his situation. It developed a more complicated flipping in his heart which will test his patience and limits.

 

 

 

            “Hyung, how long do you plan on melting her with those eyes of yours? You just said that everything’s finished but it doesn’t seem to be that way.” Ilhoon, his friend, jokingly talked as he slid an arm on his shoulder and gazed on the woman whom his friend’s eyes were permanently nailed.

 

            Loud music with a hip and trendy tune was playing on the background, lights turning and off were flashing with different attracting colors, people around their age were grooving to the songs being played by the disc jockey on the dance floor… To be exact, they are spending the hours of darkness in a nightclub, it was rented for a special occasion, a birthday of a friend and since they both know the celebrant, of course both Hyoneul and Minhyuk were invited. Heaven’s really nice to them.

 

            “Long straight shiny hair, the black and white dress of hers which takes the shape of her slim body and the face of an angel which---”

            “Shut up Hyunsik.” Minhyuk glared at him who just took the seat beside him. Now, he’s in between his two friends who never failed to at his knotty situation.

            “Why? I’m just voicing out your thoughts.” The other said with a mischievous smile traced in his lips.

            “Aish! I can’t even understand why that guy is here. And look at him…”

            Changsub cut his blabbering as he says. “He looks cool.” With that statement of his own friend, Minhyuk’s nerves wanted to move out of him, just the sight of Hyoneul’s childhood friend annoys the whole being of him. Well, just now, the man whom he always addresses as a geeky nerd turns out to be a dashing young man. His suave fashion makes him look like a perfect gentleman or a better way to describe him, his new look is similar of an idol in South Korea like a member of a boy group U-KISS. His eyes without any big spectacles, gosh! You’ll definitely die in the stare of his handsome eyes and from all those description, it’s more than perfect to say that the geeky nerd out of him vanished, the most abused description Minhyuk is using for him is now invalid. And now, the two are together since she brought him along as her ‘Date’, it’s tearing his world apart… And this inconvenient truth makes our young lover boy more and more…

            “Jealous” Sungjae who was standing behind their seat spoke as if reading the annoyed heart of his hyung. He leaned closer to his hyung and gave his shoulder a slight tap. “Hyung, you broke up with noona because you were just jealous and now you’re jealous again.”

            In unison, his group of ever supporting friends nodded from the thought their maknae just said.

            “I am not! I am not!” Irritatingly he stood and the heat of his boiling temper is barely felt. Actually, he isn’t really jealous, not at all. Not even a pint of jealousy struck his burning heart. It’s just that he is drowning in the depths of an ocean of zealous vigilance and saying that ‘not even a pint’ is too much for understating because in the actual truth of circumstances it’s a million of gallons of this thing they call jealousy.

            “Minhyuk.. Calm down for a bit” The oldest among the group said as he stood beside him. “Look at her. I mean… them.” He turned around with him to get a great vision of Hyoneul and Dongho.

            As they turned around, Minhyuk’s eyes immediately avoided the bothersome view of the childhood friends. They were just laughing as they talk about something, maybe it’s about their past… But he doesn’t care anymore… Because he started to care more than before. And his curiosity is trying to kill him off… He wants to hear their conversation and he’s dying to listen even just for a few words.

            “You’re a fool to leave her. He might steal her away… It’s not impossible, we both know it.” Eunkwang added as if scaring his friend to the bones.

            “I don’t care” Minhyuk spoke being the hardheaded him and sat on a different seat, a little far from his friends who were adding fuel to the fire of his jealousy. He slumped on the seat with his chin on his hand and both his eyes centered on his woman, well his woman before he left her with a foolish decision of his. And it has been more than 24 hours since that day meaning it’s not possible not to care especially when the feeling of his love gets more evident and stronger.

            “I want you back baby, I swear it’s true. Won’t ever make you jealous… Oh this is wrong… Won’t ever make MYSELF jealous of him” Peniel started to rap BTOB’s latest song ‘Second Confession’ and changed it to make it fit for the jelly Minhyuk... The group laughed but Minhyuk just pretended not to hear any of their unstoppable laughter because he knew they’ll just more if he’ll buy it. He remained his stare to the beautiful sight of her while his eyes were almost talking to her…

 

            ‘Don’t smile at him’ but she just did flash a smile on her friend. It’s frustrating his existence.

            ‘Ignore him’ but she continued talking to him. His temper is beyond its boiling point, he’ll explode like a volcano in any moment.

            ‘Refuse his offer’ but she just took his hand for a dance. He’s over the limit of his patience, he can’t take it anymore.

           

            They went to the dance floor and before they started to groove on the music, Hyoneul stared at Minhyuk who was also looking back at her… ‘Just lay your eyes only on me… Just like this’ It was his last warning that his eyes had sent to her but she just… ignored him and danced with his ‘date’.

            It’s crashing him into particles, dancing they were with painted smiles on their faces. Minhyuk’s glare can almost kill him, and he would be glad if his stare could really end the life of her date. Their bodies slowly drawing nearer to each other, it was too suffocating to look at… and his hands touched her skin… her shoulder… and then it remained on her waist… And he just had enough of it. Enough because the volcano of his emotions just erupted and in an instant…

 

            “Back off! She’s mine” The dancing pair was separated as Minhyuk grabbed her by the waist and consequently pulled her closer to his body as he pressed his lips against hers. She tried to shove him away but he just drew her closer to him, too close that their bodies looked like as one body, he even pushed his lips more onto hers making their kiss deeper. From that she gave in and returned his deep kiss with a sweeter one, her arms moved around him and in between the passionate kiss he smirked.

            “I’m taking back my words from yesterday, just forget about it… I know I was wrong… I’m just jealous and…” He whispered as their lips parted. Their faces were just an inch away from each other as his forehead leaned against hers. Both his hands were caressing her face, her face which he missed to feel with his warm hands, it seems like more than eternity since he last felt her pretty face. Finding the words to say, he intently looked at her dazzling eyes while his finger traced the curve of her lips… “I can’t stand it when the reason for your smiles is not me.” He slightly brushed her lips with his. “I feel like death is after me when another man touches you.” Again, he lightly kissed her, it was quick yet sweet. “And I’m jealous when your eyes looked at another… Just lay your eyes only on me… Okay?”

            “Ne~” her soft voice spoke forgetting the yesterday’s incident. With his alluring voice and tempting kisses, how can she not forgive him? This time her eyes never moved away from him but it just shut close in unhurried motion as his boyfriend touched her lips with his. It was another kiss from him… She doesn’t care even if he’ll kiss her a hundred times because she likes it… No, she loves it… So much…

            “Forever you will be the reason of my beating heart… I love you Hyoneul.”

            “Never get jealous again, I promise to lay my eyes only on you… I love you too Minhyuk…”

            The crowd cheered for the couple. From the scene that they showed, everyone thought that they were watching a blockbuster movie. Minhyuk and Hyoneul’s friends happily teased the two who just got out from a rocky road Minhyuk just created. The disc jockey played a new song, a more alive and groovy tune of music. Everyone went on the center and danced in group or by partner… And the two…

 

            “Want to dance?” She smiled at him. They were surrounded by the dancing crowd, all were enjoying the music’s melody.

            “That’s good, a dance with you… but this would be better... I mean the best” Left with confusion on her face, he beamed at her. He doesn’t care about the crowd, he’ll do whatever he wants to, he missed her more than so much, her touch and the sweetness of her lips… unpredictably he kissed her soft irresistible lips again as he warms her with his embrace full of love and longing…

 

            ‘Hyoneul… I love you… for eternity it’ll be only you.’

 

 

----

And there it ends... So let me know your thoughts about Minhyuk the loverboy's fic. Hope you enjoyed it my dear friends! ^^ Thanks for reading^^