Chapter 13

Never Should've Walked Away

Yul's POV

 

I walk into JJ Enterprise building and went straight to Jesse's room. Its been awhile since I met him since he's so busy with his so called fashion show. I do know his intention and yes I support him. Maybe this is one of the way to win Tiffany back. I went inside his room and see him spacing out again while staring at his window.

"Jung." I called him.

"Jesse Jung. Hello ?" He ignore my calls. Okay that's it. I took a deep breathe and shout.

"A CUCUMBER DELIVERY FOR JESSE JUNG !"

"WHA-- WHAT ? WHERE ?  NO !!" He shout in fear and cover his face. I laugh out loud when I see his face.

"Oh my god ! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YOU SHOULD SEE YOUR FACE !" I pointed while laughing at him.

He removes his hand and glare at me. "Seriously Yul. Not funny at all. What are you doing here ?"

"Let me breathe first. Fuhhhhhh. Breathe in. Breathe out. Okay. Is it crime to see my own bestfriend who's been ignoring me about what, hmmm 3 weeks ? So how are you Mr. Jung ?" I asked him while adjusting my sit.

"I think I'm doing great." He smile widely.

His smile is creeping me up. "What's up with that creepy smile and who are you ? What have you done to Jesse Jung ?" In a second his face change to the cold one and that is even creepier. "I was joking. So care to tell me more about it ?" And again in a second he started to smile widely again. I furrowed my brow when I see him this way.

'Bipolar Jung.' I thought to myself.

"I finally met her Yul. I finally met Tiffany."

"Wow, you made up again ? That fas-- OUCH!" I felt my head burning because of the slap. "What was that for Jung ?" I rubbed my head.

"Care to shut up and listen to me idiot ?" I nodded and start listening. "I met her Yul. She's getting more beautiful than ever. She changed from head to toe. How should I say it ? She's more elegent and more attractive. And .. she's a bit cold to me. She's trying to avoid me." He sigh and stare at his laptop's. "What should I do Yul ? I'm afraid she won't be the same."

"You're saying that you're giving up on her now ?"

"No ! No ! I mean what should I do ? Take her to dinner ? Movies ? Accompany her ? I don't know Yul."

I chuckled. "You know Jesse, real love is not based on taking her to dinner, movies nor accompany her. In fact it is based on Respect, Care, Trust and Love." He stared at me blankly. "Give her your respect that you should give to her before. Care for her the way you should. Trust her in everything she do and Love her unconditionally and don't ever stop loving her." He smile sadly and sigh.

"I wish I could turn back time Yul. Went back to the first time I met her. The first time I lay my eyes on her. I would go to her and ask her to marry me again." He look down and start fiddling with his fingers.

I went to him and stop his action. "If there's love from her to you, nothing is impossible. Dont live in the past. Its time to turn the table big bro. Be there for her like she used to. I know its gonna hurt and don't give up on her. And don't ever think that you're alone in this fight. I'm here with you. Okay big bro ? Now smile. Lets's go and have some lunch. Talking make me hungry." I said while knocking his head.

"You spoiled the mood idiot !" He chuckled and grab his coat and we went out for lunch.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Author's POV

All the things that Tiffany did for the past few days didn't went well. Everything she did seems wrong. Mixed feelings overwhelmed in her and it does disturb her. What Jesse did to her on the last few days, really made her wondering why. Why does he came back to her after all this time. Its not like she didn't wait, she did but she give up on waiting and decided to move on. What's bothering her is why now.

'That's it. I need a fresh air. Yes fresh air can help me.' With that, Tiffany grab her car keys and decide to go on a drive. While driving thru the long road, Tiffany turn on the radio and 'Broken Hearted Girl' song is on the air.

(A/N ; Listen to Broken Hearted Girl by Beyonce while reading this)

 

You're everything I thought you never were
And nothing like I thought you could've been
But still you live inside of me
So tell me how is that

You're the only one I wish I could forget
The only one I love to not forgive
And though you break my heart
You're the only one

And though there are times when I hate you 'cause I can't erase
The times that you hurt me and put tears on my face
And even now while I hate you it pains me to say
I know I'll be there at the end of the day

 

Tiffany start to ruffle her hair with her left hand and let the palm of her let hand support her head. She sigh heavily and stare at the long road. She let her brain led her. Tiffany didn't know where she at, she drove wihout knowing where she headed to

 

I don't wanna be without you babe
I don't wanna a broken heart
Don't wanna to take breath without you babe
I don't wanna to play that part

I know that I love you but let me just say
I don't wanna love you in no kinda way
No, no, I don't wanna a broken heart
And I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl
I'm no broken-hearted girl

 

She realise she had arrive at the cliff. She decide to pull off and stare at the city view below her. She look next to the passenger seat and she realised its empty. 'It should be me sitting there..' She thought. She sigh and let herself into the song.

 

Something that I feel I need to say
But up 'til now I've always been afraid
That you would never come around
And still I wanna put this out

You say you got the most respect for me
But sometimes I feel you're not deserving of me
And still you're in my heart
But you're the only one

And yes there are times when I hate you but I don't complain
'Cause I've been afraid that you would walk away
Oh, but now I don't hate you, I'm happy to say
That I will be there at the end of the day

 

Wind start to blow and touch Tiffany cheek. Tears start to flow down her cheek without she realising it. The emptiness is killing her. The fact that she's still in love with Jesse is killing her. Tiffany know this time God wont go easy on her.

 

I don't wanna be without you babe
I don't wanna a broken heart
Don't wanna to take breath without you baby
I don't wanna to play that part

I know that I love you but let me just say
I don't wanna love you in no kinda way
No, no, I don't wanna a broken heart
And I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl

Now I'm at a place I thought I'd never be, ooh
I'm living in a world that's all about you and me, yeah
Ain't gotta be afraid, my broken heart is free
To spread my wings and fly away, away with you
Yeah, yeah, yeah, oh, oh

I don't wanna be without my baby
I don't wanna broken heart
Don't wanna to take breath without my baby
I don't wanna to play that part

I know that I love you but let me just say
I don't wanna love you in no kinda way
No, no, I don't wanna a broken heart
I don't wanna to play the broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl, broken-hearted girl
No, no, no broken-hearted girl, no broken-hearted girl

 

Tiffany looked up at the shining star and let her tears flow. Her heart do know that she still need Jesse in her life. She wish her broken heart, all the pain that she felt with Jesse to go away and let her be with Jesse again. But she's afraid. She's afraid all the pain come again. She's afraid Jesse will go away again. She don't want to play as the broken hearted girl again. She wipe her tears when her phone start ring and she picked up the call.

 

"Hello ?"

"Are you okay ?"

"I'm fine." Tiffany sniff and the caller start to worried.

"Are you crying baby ?"

"No. No. I'm not. I just catch cold. I'm at the cliff so yeah its kinda cold here. Don't worry about me."

"Its late. You should go home."

"Okay. Don't worry too much. I'm a big girl." Tiffany joked with the caller.

"Okay okay. Go home. Take a warm bath and sleep. Oh mmm babe, are you free tomorrow ?"

"I think so why ?"

"Mmmm, wanna go out for a lunch with me mmm.. tomorrow ?"

Tiffany smiled at the caller shyness. "Sure. Fetch me at 12 noon tomorrow."

"Okay. I'll see you tomorrow then. Bye I love you." The caller said to her.

"Love you too baby. Bye" She hung up the phone and drove back to her house. When she arrived at her house, she saw a figure sitting in front of her house while rubbing hands and shaking because of cold. She went closer the figure and she widen her eyes when she see the figure up close.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------

 

Jesse's POV

 

I'm in front of Tiffany's house. I was dead worried when the workers told me that she's been absent for 3 days. The workers told me that she's very sick and I immediately went to her house. On my way to her house, I bought her a few medicines and a porridge. As soon as I arrived at her house, the light was off and after knocking for a few times, I realise she's not at home . And here I am, sitting in front of her house and waiting for her. I keep the porridge inside my coat so that it will stay warm. As I rubbing my hands, I heard footsteps come to my spot. I ignored the footsteps since I thought it just another street walker passing by.

"Jesse ?" I looked up and saw her with her eyes wide open. "What are you doing here ? In front of my house ?"

I stood up and took the porridge out from my coat. "I heard that you're sick so mmm I bought you this." I hand her the porridge and the medicines. "Sorry if the porridge its a bit cold. I've been protecting it from getting cold. You can heat it up later." I said while rubbing hands.

"You shouldn't trouble yourself because of me. Thank you anyway." She said softly.

"I'm glad to see that you're okay now. Get inside the house. Its getting cold." I told her in shiver tone.

"Come inside for awhile. A cup of coffee maybe to warm you up ?" I looked at her and nodded. She lead me into her house. "Sorry my house is a bit mess." She said to me. Her house look cozy and warm. Somehow I feel like home. "Wait here." She ask me to wait at her living room. I open my coat and hang it at the coat rack. I went to her living room and inspect her living room. 'What was I thinking ? Its not like I'm gonna find a picture of me hanging at the wall.' I thought to myself. She come back with 2 cup of coffee on her hands.

"Here drink this. I hope it can make you warm." She said softly.

"Thank you." I grab the coffee and drink it slowly. I look around the living room and look at her who stare at her coffee. "Is there something bothering you Tiff ?"

"Uh ? Oh no. I'm okay." She said while sipping the coffee.

"Tiffany, mmm hows life ?" 

'Hows life without me ?' I thought sadly.

"My life ? Mmmm I'm doing good. You ?"

"Miserable." I smile sadly. I start to feel awkwardness around us and I can sense she's getting uncomfortable with me. "Oh look at the time, I think I should go now." She look at me and nodded slowly.

She lead me to the front door. I wore back my coat and walked out from her house. "Jesse.."

I turn around and look at her. "Yes ?"

'Tell me you want me to stay.' I said to myself.

"Thank you." She smile sweetly. 'Fat hope Jesse Jung.'

"Sure. You should go in now. Its getting out here. Eat the porridge and the medicines. Oh and a warm bath to make yourself warm." I said coolly.

She nodded. "Thank you Jesse. Be careful on your way home."

"I will. Take care and sleep well Tiffany." I smile at her and walked out from her house.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Tiffany's POV

 

I look at the porridge he bought for me. Actually its still hot when he handed it to me. I pretend it wasnt. I sigh heavily and eat the porridges and eat the medicines he bought after finishing the porridge. After taking a warm bath, I slide into my comforter and stare at the ceiling. 

'I need to stop this from getting worse. I'm not gonna left him for Jesse. No.' I thought to myself while slowly let myself drown iinto darkness.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-TBC-

A/N : Should I make it really hard for Jesse ? Enjoy reading people. Peace.