Epilogue

Woes Of A Twenty-Seven Year Old

"Yixing?! What do I do? Today's Ace's graduation! What do I do? I'm so nervous!" Kris said to Yixing over the phone, his phone resting on his shoulder, head pressed on it as his hands were busy on making his best omelet for today's breakfast.

 

There was a laugh from Yixing at the other end of the line and somehow, Kris could picture Yixing's eyes crinkling up and a small dimple appearing at the side of his lips. "Why are you nervous? It's not like you're the one making his speech, stupid." Yixing said and Kris had just flipped the omelette over to a plate.

 

"But still! You understand me right?" Kris whined as he placed the plate on the table. Just in time as Ace was walking out of his room, buttoning his uniform. Ever since Yixing left, Kris started bringing Ace to his office again after his school and he goes off work earlier than before to Skype with Yixing. It was hectic, of course. But with Yixing's constant cheering and telling him he's going back soon once he had finished the things he needed to do in Changsha motivated him into trying his best.

 

Yixing sighed from the other line and there was a shutting of a door. "I understand, Kris, I have to go now. Talk to you later? Maybe on Ace's graduation?"

 

Kris pouted a little and nodded as if Yixing could see him. "Okay, talk to you later. I love you."

 

"I love you too."

 

"Dad... can you pass me the catsup?"

 

 

***

 

There were parents, students and teachers bustling around the school grounds as the graduation ceremony was about to start in a few minutes. Teachers were starting to lead the parents into the auditorium with their children. But Kris was still kneeling in front of Ace, trying to pin the badge on his son's chest.

 

That was when another pair of hands landed on his, easily putting the badge on the cloth on Ace’s chest. Kris was shocked at first and turned his head sharply, mouth slightly open because of the intruder.

 

“Xing ge!” Ace was the first one to react, slipping away from Kris easily and hugging Yixing’s legs. Kris though was still glued to his spot, his knees slightly aching from kneeling too much but he still couldn’t decipher the fact that Yixing was in front of him.

 

Kris only reacted when Ace pushed his shoulder. “Daddy, are you not going to kiss Xing ge or hug him?” Ace asked innocently, a giggle escaping his lips and without second thoughts, Kris jumped up from his spot and enveloped Yixing into a huge bear hug.

 

 

“You’re stupid. You should’ve told me you’re coming back.” Kris whispered against Yixing’s ear because he wanted Yixing to be the only one to hear his next words. “You stupid .”

 

Yixing laughed then snorted before wrapping his arms around Kris’ middle. “I love you too.” Yixing giggled, placing a quick kiss on the side of the blonde’s head.

 

“C’mon. We have a graduation to attend!”

 

 

***

 

The graduation was uneventful but both Kris and Yixing felt really proud of their son. Yixing got a hold of a video camera and recorded everything. From Ace’s speech (with the help of Kris) to the part where Kris was to go up to the stage to give Ace his medal. He was just there, at the bottom of the stage, clapping proudly because Ace finally graduated pre-school.

 

From the side of his eyes, he saw Kyungsoo clapping proudly and when they shared a look, Kyungsoo bowed and waved at him. He did too. Then there was Kyungsoo’s boyfriend at the side, sitting grumpily with legs crossed.

 

“Xing ge! Look, I have a medal!” Ace grinned up proudly at the dimpled man and Yixing knelt to his height, taking the gold medal in his hands.

 

“Good job~ hey, Xing ge will give you a wish!” Yixing smiled at him then at Kris who looked down at them, a smile tugging up at the side of his lips.

 

“Anything?” Ace questioned.

 

“Yeah, wish for anything.”

 

“I wish for you to stay with us. Forever.”

 

Yixing chuckled then looked at up at Kris who has his brows raised by now. Yixing kissed the top of Ace’s head before speaking. “I will. I won’t leave. Ever. Because I want you to grow up as a healthy man like me and feed you lots of nice food~”

 

“Are you mocking me?” Kris asked.

 

“I might be~” Was Yixing’s reply.

 

 


A/N: Wow, I finally finished it finally! It's not much but this is probably the longest three shot I've written and it's also the first time I tried domestic!au so yeah >_< Thank you guys for reading this stupid messy story that needs cleaning up and thank you for putting up with my . I love you all and thank you for reading, really. There might be open questions here but I have no answer for them haha. I thought this would be a longer author's note but idk. Thanks guys, really~ <3