[Chapter 1]

Because of the War

North Korea

 

*BANG

Eunhyuk shoots his rifle, barely hitting his target.

“Aish…” he cursed to himself.

The commander of his base gave him his famous death glare and walked step by step to him. Eunhyuk hesitantly faced towards his commander and sighs. Then came a slap. –whip!- The general had harshly slapped him across his face.

“Next time….do better. Like hit the bulls eye,” the chief stated calmly.

“Okay, I will,” he replied.

But this isn’t all the pain the general has given him. This is the least painful thing that he has ever…received. Even being whipped in the back isn’t the worst. The worst thing though, is being whacked by a piece of wood personally by North Korea’s leader, Kim Jong Un. But Eunhyuk has ever gone that far to be beaten by the leader.

He dragged himself into the nearest bathroom to wipe off the remaining blood off his face. “Am I gonna spend the rest of my life in this hellhole?” He looked into the mirror and asked himself. He respects his country, but sometimes, it’s a little too much to handle. He had no friends there, no one to talk to so you can imagine that a life like that can be a…you know… a hellhole. Eunhyuk joined the army because of the law of course. It makes little money, but it’s the only way he could take care of his family. It’s a harsh world but it’s reality in North Korea. You’ve gotta make it through whether you like it or not.

 

 

South Korea

“Ahh…” Donghae gulps down his cup of soju with his mate Ryeowook.

“So, how long are we going to train today?” Ryeo asked.

“Hm.. 2-3 hours? The general wants us to be prepared for our intense training tomorrow.”

“No meeting?”

“No meeting.” Donghae said.

Later that day Donghae practiced shooting his targets.

*BANG BANG BANG

He shoot all of his targets directly in the middle. Every one of the soldiers praised him for doing so great. Of course, he’s the goody two shoes. Everyone admires him, even the general. Even if he’s that good at shooting, he is still nervous about war between the two countries. He questions himself if he’s going to do okay? Like be as good as in training. He trained himself really hard because you never know of the North is going to secretly attack. It’s like everyone depends on him. And it’s hard. He only has to be in the army for 3 years, and he just joined a year ago.

“2 more years Donghae… You can do it. I promise that if all the hard work is done, it’s worth it for sure,” he whispered to himself. He prayed every day, for everything to be okay. And in hope that one day, he’ll find love…