Chapter 1 (Himchan's P.O.V)

One Day

It isn’t a preferable situation to be stuck in an unbelievably long queue simply to purchase a freaking bubble tea; especially after having spending hours practicing in the studio. I could unveil my face by taking off my mouth mask thereby getting instant access straight to the front desk. However it would also illicit unwanted (at this time) attention from fangirls, not that I don’t appreciate my fans… I just need my own time now and again. So waiting it was, for who knows how long in that god-forsaken queue. True, I could just give up and head home where food and drink would be waiting for me anyway but I just had... an extreme want to come here. It’s classy exterior was not one I had seen before, that meaning both that I hadn’t seen a bubble tea shop as pretty as this one but also this seemed to be only recently opened. So doing my, hah, duty as a citizen of Seoul I decided to see if the actual bubble tea matched the expectation.


Having drifted off into my own little world, the people in front of me had halved and I was now indeed very close to being able to order. Innocently drifting my eyes up to view what there was to offer, my gaze halted on the figure at the counter. My chest pounded heavily and hard in my chest in a manner I can’t even describe, a strange sensation fluttered through my stomach. My Adam’s Apple visibly bobbed up and down as I gulped suddenly, my eyes not even being able to blink as I stared at this girl. Honestly speaking, I couldn’t even tell if she was pretty or not. It was not that that stunned me, it was the smile. The infectious pull of her cheeks, the teeth shining and the skin crinkled around her eyes; genuine happiness gleamed from her expression. Now that, that is what made my heart fill. 


“Hello there sir, how may I help you?” a soft, tinkling voice broke my reverie and to my slight horror I was now being pushed by the customers behind me to go up and order from the girl who had entrapped me. Time to play it cool, Himchan.


“Ah sorry about that, um I guess I’ll just have the Iced Milk Tea with Tapioca Balls,” and with a flop I failed in any attempt with flirting. Something within me just didn’t have the will to be sleazy or greasy with this girl, despite not even knowing her I felt protective and very unlike my usual self. I felt all mushy, for lack of a better word. My eyes followed every move she made as she bustled around with all the machines that should have been noisy, but I couldn’t hear them above the sound of my blood beating around my body. Shivering, I shuffled my feet around suddenly feeling incredibly awkward with an intense impulse to run but I controlled my nerves so as to stay. Calmly I nodded to her, as it finally came to her coming to hand me the plastic cup but then hurriedly I shoved a note in her hand and bolted out the door.


With a blank expression I stared at the cup I held, only imagining her hands around it. How did this girl, this stranger have such an impact on me to leave me out of sorts and confused. I didn’t even want the bubble tea now in all honesty so I dumped it in the nearest bin and then took it easy down the road to the dorm. It being night time, and hardly any people on the streets I deemed it safe to take off my face mask so the cold air could bite at my skin; cooling me down after the past intense 20 minutes or so. That’s all it had taken to turn my world upside down, 20 measly minutes. Noticing a puddle from the earlier showers in front of me, I took a leap and start jumping up and down in it causing my designer jeans to get wet; I didn’t care. What in hell’s name was wrong with me, I needed to get my head on straight. Yet even that night, I couldn’t stop thinking about her. If she wouldn’t get OUT of my head, I would have to get her IN to my life. 

It's shortish, I apologise and I also apologise on how long it took. But yeah this is Himchan's version of the first chapter, I will soon update with "Your" version. I hope you enjoyed, feedback is very welcomed and wanted!