Memory Lane

Forgotten Memories

A world of scenery flew passed him. The aniticipation of returning to him hometown kept Youngjae busy, rather than the open book in front of him. It was all so familiar, the houses, trees, people, and how he knew exactly where he is without having to look at the direction signs. 

It's been a while..., he thought as he swiftly set foot onto the station. Immediately, Youngjae's senses became overwhelmed by nostalgia. 

Nothing has changed! Wow, I remember that store. It feels like ages! Youngjae thought as he became too immersed in his surroundings. Six years huh. More like six months, he chuckled to himself.

Before he could continue looking around, a familiar face popped in front of him view.

"Woah, mom!" he exclaimed.

"My baby! How have you been? Have you eatten? Were you train sick? Did you get all of your things? Did y--" his mother went on until Youngjae gave a tired smile and interrupted,

"Aiya, I've been on that train for eight hours. Please don't bomb me with questions that I can barely catch up. My head feels like it's going to burst open any moment, mama," he flashed a cheeky grin, knowing that his mom won't stop if he didn't interrupt.

"Aigoo my son haven't seen me in six years and when I see him, he goes and tells me that I'm annoying. AIIIGOOO AIGOOO" his mother cried in a dramatic manner.

"Mom shhhh! Not here. You can yell at me at home, when no one's around! Heehee," he grabbed her arm and led her out the train station exit. 

As they walked, Youngjae's mom asked all sort of questions ranging from "how is college?" and "what do you want for dinner?" to "do you have moeny problems?" and "do you have a special someone yet?"

Instead of intently listening to his mom, Youngjae's focus drifted elsewhere. He saw his favorite cherry blossom tree where he used to act out as a brave superhero and a crude evil private that stole twigs to use as hostages. He saw the old rusted swing set in which one of the swings had a "YY" marked on it. It meant that that was Yoo Youngjae's territory. He saw his old elementary

 

------------

 

Will continue later.