Golden Lady

Golden Lady

 

After long hours of studying, Mir and Jia met up at a nearby cafe for some snacks before going home. Both of them were in college now. Jia was a junior and as for Mir, he was still a freshman. Despite being two years apart, they managed their relationship quite well and they were now attending the same university.

Mir sighed. "I wish we were classmates instead."

"That will never happen," Jia stated the obvious, "Unless you're secretly a super genius and take a test to skip two years to be in the same class as me or you can go back at the year I was born and force your parents to make you at that same year." By that, Jia laughed at her own statement.

"Or you can stop two years until I'm the same year as you," Mir shot back which made Jia at lost. The girl pouted and Mir found it very adorable of her.

Jia wasn't the cutesy type but she has her moments. She was more of a tsundere which may be one of the reasons Mir liked her. The male was kind of an otaku after all.

Jia's cheeks became pink as she stuttered, "Y-yah! I will never do that!"

Mir smiled. "I know you won't. Jia-ssi is a good girl."

Three years of being them being together was tough. Jia went to college while Mir was still in high school. There were nonesense bickerings, jealousy here and there and sometimes even doubting each other.

"And that's noona for you," Jia pointed out.

This time, it was Mir's turn to pout. He actually didn't like to call Jia 'noona'. They were in a relationship for almost four years! He wanted to get rid of the formalities. "But I don't want to," he admitted. They have been pestering each other because of this matter their whole relationship and none of them has yet to give up. "I want to be called oppa by my girlfriend." But Jia was as hard-headed as he was.

 

Still, a person can only take so much.

 

The two eventually decided to head home. As always, Mir would walk Jia to her apartment first. Jia needn't to unlock the door since her roommate, Fei, was always home before her. They greeted the older girl who was busy reading a cook book and just nodded to greet them back.

"See you tomorrow, Jinah-ssi." Mir kissed Jia's forehead. He looked at her with uneasy eyes. He gulped before finally turning around leaving Jia slightly confused.

On the other side of the room, Fei finally removed her nose from the book. "He said Jinah instead of Jia. Didn't you hear that?"

"He did not." Jia defended.

They were now facing each other while sitting on their own bed.

"He did and he looked nervous." Fei maintained her statement.

Jia wouldn't accept it, though. "You were reading a book. How can you be so sure about that when you weren't even paying attention to us?"

"I was paying attention," Fei replied. She rolled to her stomach again and opened the same book. "Don't pretend to be deaf. I know you heard it clearly. He said another name." Fei was actually right.

Jia did heard Mir saying another person's name. And she knew that person her boyfriend was referring to. Jinah-Im Jinah or also known as Nana-the girl who kept getting rumored to be dating Mir behind her back. In spite of that, she just has too much faith in him to believe in such topic. It was only a rumor, after all.

"Don't get yourself hurt by a whiny kid who still has a lot of growing up to do. You can find someone who's a lot better." Fei was harsh but she was only trying to protect her. But finding another guy? No. Jia wasn't up for that. She loves Mir genuinely and she would stay and make their relationship work as long as she can.

 

Still, a person can really only take so much before he/she eventually breaks.

 

"So it was true, huh?" Jia cocked an eyebrow.

The rumors weren't rumors at all. Whatever the people fromt their campus spread, Jia finally saw with her own eyes. What did she expect? Of course, it would be true. After pretending to be numb and ignoring the fact that her boyfriend was getting distant, often dazes off during their dates and has a lot of tongue slips and kept getting her name wrong then, acting like it was nothing. Pretending to be innocent didn't work, though. All of it hurt Jia. It was painful to actually see and confirm that Mir was really cheating on her.

"No, this is not what it looks like." Typical bull. Who would even believe in that when you already found your lover all over another person-a person who he/she was not supposed to be with. Mir was Jia's boyfriend...but not anymore.

Mir begged, explained while catching up with Jia, abandoning the third party on their secret date. He tried hard to get Jia back. He was so eager. But in the end, she didn't want him. She didn't want to see him nor hear from him. Since the day of their separation, Jia hasn't cried even a single tear. And Fei rubbing salt on her scar by telling her, "I told you so," didn't have any effect either. Was it because she didn't really love him? No. Of course, not. Was it because it was just too much she couldn't express what she really felt? Yes. It was all too surreal to Jia. They loved each other so much but their relationship got ruined. She didn't want to accept it but what's happened has happened.

"We've been through so much! We were together for four years. Please, don't do this to me," Mir pleaded one day.

Hearing this, Jia only felt insulted. The pits of her stomach curled as her anger rose up. "Yes. We were together for four years, Mir! And you ruined it! And whatever I am doing to you, you deserve it!" Jia hollered as she pointed her index finger at him. She didn't care if it was out of character or if she gained the attention of the people around them. Faith-she gave her full trust to Mir and the male knew it. He doesn't deserve a second chance. Because if he did love her, he wouldn't have cheated in the first place. No-a second chance wasn't a reason for her to get him back. She loved him but she had enough. They were over. Slowly, Jia turned into a mess as the days passed.

 

Still, a person can only take so much before they realize that they just need to move forward and not look back.

 

 Mir was a depressed kid. He grew matured, alright. But he couldn't get himself out of his mistake. He kept blaming himself. It was his fault, anyway but torturing himself was another story. Im Jinah stayed by his side and seemed to really love him. She took good care of him and patiently waited until he healed from his past.

On the other hand, Fei bombarded Jia with her nagging. It was honestly irritating but a lot of it was good advice. She didn't completely turned into a lifeless girl who would die for love. In fact, she turned prettier and because she was now single, more men adored her and even asked her out. She did well with her life.

Jia was one true golden lady.

 

"There are people who are greater than her. There are people who are more attractive, more intelligent, more caring and more fortunate. That's life-full of temptations. But don't be deceived by things. Because didn't you ever realize that there are  people who are also greater than you? Yet, she chose to love you."

 

The End


The last quote is not mine. Credit to the real owner! I hope you liked it. I did my best. ouo;;; Don't forget to leave a comment~ ILoveRappers1104