Chapter 1

Untamable Love

First Meeting

It's still an hour away until the sun rise from the eastern horizon, the city still covered with thin mist-- an absolute silence. Only those with good pair of ears could hear amongst the dark trees the sound of four wheels carriage being dragged by tiredless horses. From outside of the black carriage, people can only see darkness inside the carriage, but when you closely there is a pair eyes that are starring blanklessly through the slight gap between the curtain.

"Can this thing go any faster?" asked a woman to her travel companions while relieving a sigh. She sit at one corner of the room with one hand supporting her chin, both eyes looking outside. For a few seconds no one open their mouths.

"This is the fastest it could go, sist." Someone finally broke the silence. "Calm down, he wouldn't go anywhere." A deep and clear voice of a man tried to calm his sister who start to pout. Making Jessica turn her head and sending a cold glare across the sit. She doesn't like it when her brother said something as if he can read her mind. It makes her feel expossed and ashamed.

"I don't know what you are talking about." She responded quickly with eyes still lock to her brother. The man just smirk and not replying back the death stare given by his sister. His eyes concentrate on the gold ring that is wrapping his finger, putting it off sometime and putting it back in. "Why cant we just walk? We are faster than this," realizing she just being ignored, Jessica try to bring the previous topic back. "Krys, I don't get it why you insist us to ride this rubbish." Now, she giving the same cold look to the other passenger that sit at the opposite of her.

 

"Because if we walk, someone might heard us." Short and exact.

"So, what's wrong if someone heard or see us? They will scared to death if they know who they found." Being an attention seeker as she is, Jessica pointed out how she disagree with what her sister said. "Urgh, this takes forever." She complained for the millionth times.

"Well, we do have forever, Jess." Yunho responded soon as Jessica finished her sentence. "But if you want the wild bushes to ruin your dress, I could ask them to let us walk. You want?" As it seems he offered a good option, both of the Jung sisters know that it's not what their brother offering.

 "Hmm," Jessica directly answered, while Krystal just stay silence. "No, thank you." Although, it might make her insane sitting on this flat couch for another hour, but considering the possibility that if she continue to argue, her brother will definitely kick her out of the carriage and make her have to walk and ruined her dress-- she doesn't want to think twice.

"Good."

Not long after their little talk ended, their carriage arrive at their destination called home. Soon after, couple of man and women with black and white uniform running from inside the huge house. Some of them busy putting down luggage from on top of the carriage, while the others stand beside the carriage door. Waiting for the passenger inside to come out.

"Welcome back, Master Yunho," said one of the servants, Park Jinyoung. He is the head butler of the Jung's residence. When the eldest son step down from the carriage, he and the rest of the servants bow their head until Yunho tell them to stop. "How was the business trip to the East?" 

"Same as any other trip, Jinyoung." Yunho replied shortly and cold. "Any interesting news you want to tell me?" He asked while he fixing his black suit. 

"Prime minister Kim invites you, Lady Jung and Miss Jung to his inaugural commemoration tonight, sir." The old guy answered as he help the rest of the Jung members come down from the vehicle.

He got selected again as prime minister, huh. His one brow raised. "Thank you for the not-so-interesting-news, Jinyoung. Tell Jessica and Krystal about this and prepare the carriage before 7." Then he walks inside then dissapear behind the door.

***

Tonight the city is very busy as  people celebrating the inaugural of the new prime minister.  However, the busiest place is probably The Kim residency as they are throwing huge party. Everyone from the parlement and high class families will be coming to the party, which include the Jung family although they can't be classified as members of parlement or the high class. They are above them all, the super class people usually call them.

As the party already start from 6, Prime Minister Kim still standing outside his house not inside with the rest of the people. He is waiting for the last guest, which is the Jung family. From a far he saw a huge black carriage being dragged with two black horses. As the carriage approaching to the front terrace of his house, he recognize the familiar symbol of gold and silver color on top of the carriage and his posture suddenly become stiff. They are here, he thinks, trying to not to look nervous.

From inside then appear three personages with their best dress and suit. Although it's not the second or third times Prime Minister Kim meet The Jung siblings, he will always left in an awe everytime they appear. As if they are not from this world, their features never age. As he saw Jung Yunho approaching him, he quickly fix his tie and collar. 

"Congratulations, Minister Kim." Yunho congratulates the host of tonight party with a firm hand shake. "I believe the city is in a good hand as you being the head of the parlement, sir." As he speak further, Yunho give a soft grip on Minister Kim's shoulder. Since his strength not like any other normal human, his action makes Minister Kim winced a little.

"Are you okay, Minister Kim?" He asked in concern. Although behind all this concern, he is laughing at Minister Kim's and his humane strength. It's easy for him to break this man in front of him into pieces, but he far too valueable. The two have been in good relationship since the first time Minister Kim became prime minister. Minister Kim never ask questions when Yunho ask him to do or don't do something.

"Ye-yeah, I'm fine, si-"

"Good evening, Minister Kim." Another greeting is spoken. This time by a woman who is no other than the eldest daughter, Jessica Jung. "If you may, my little sister and I will come inside first." She ends her sentence with a small smile then heading to the front door.

"Good evening, sir, congratulations for your inauguration." Finally, the youngest family member speak and take his free hand for a quick hand shake before following her sister inside and leaving the two gentleman on the front porch.

The next minute Krystal stop beside her sister that already standing inside the house, she freeze. The limelight have turn to them and the room turns quite. All eyes on them with mostly is to her sister. She could vividly hear the sound of their breath, their heartbeat that increasing every second pass by. And not to mention the wave of smell she really loathe. That smell of rotten metal-- blood, makes her pupil grow bigger. She needs to go. I need to go. I have to go.

"Sist, can I-"

"No." Jessica objected before Krystal even said what she wants. She takes her little sister right hand and then start walking to the venter of the house. Helpless Krystal just follow her sister who literally dragging her deeper to the lion cage. She knows how much Jessica enjoys this moment, being the center attention and all, but she didn't like it for a bit. "Just stay beside me for awhile. Don't you smell how good they are?" As Jessica talking, her head tilt a bit toward Krystal and on her face there's that sly smile which she knows her sister starting to get hungry and will have a hell hunt tonight. Suddenly she feels bad for any of these guys that soon going to be her sister's dinner.

"You know I don't like them, stop asking me about it." 

"Just quit your little act, Krys." She whispered while still putting that bright smile on her face. "Vampire loves blood, especially from a handsome and young man. Doesn't your stomach grumbling right now looking at these delicious food?" She said it so easily as if all of the guys that currently lining in front of her can't hear their talk.

"That's you not me." Krystal responded her sister with short and cold tone. 

"True, that's me not you. Sometimes you have to try to drink them directly not from blood bag." She stopped as one guy leans closer to kiss Jessica's cheek and move to Krystal's direction. But before he comes any closer, this youngest Jung shows a clear signal that she doesn't need any kiss on the anywhere on her face which makes the stranger man quite taken aback.

"Sorry, but my little sister doesn't like to have physical contact with strangers." Jessica quickly throw some lie to break the awkward atmosphere. "Can I know your name?" As Jessica continue talking, she's loosening her grip on Krystal's hand. Slowly, slowly Krystal walking away from them and the rest of the crowd. Because she knows that it is impossible to go back home along before without getting killed by her older brother later, Krystal then stay as far as the smell could get her. She stopped near by an old abandon fountain at the back of the house and take a seat facing the dark forest. Although it's ridiculous for a vampire to feel exhausted, but she does feel tired. For a moment, she decided to close her eyes.

 

Doesn't your stomach grumbling right now looking at these delicious food?

She remembers what Jessica said earlier and try to think about it for a while. When she thinks about it, her stomach does need to be filled. It was three days ago since she drinks that red liquid. However, she can't drink anyone here-- the smell of fresh human blood is just the worst. Later, as she tries to control her craving, her nose catches a wave of temptation which makes her open her eyes. What is this? Blood? She gives another try to inhale that scent that makes waters but at the same time not making her wants to puke.

CRACK

The sudden sound had take her back to the reality. Her head quickly turn to the direction where the sound earlier came and soon realise it's didn't caused by some animal instead it caused by a young man.