Everybody knows (I'm hung up on you)

Everybody knows (I'm hung up on you)

 

 

~ Everybody knows (I'm hung up on you)

wc: 1358


Lu Han thinks that no one looks better in blue and white than Kim Jongin, number 9. It is not often that a Korean soccer player makes it to the Premier League, especially one that becomes a star player and top scorer. Lu Han hates Chelsea with a burning passion, but for Kim Jongin, he puts all animosity aside. 
 
Jongin is an exception; Jongin has always been an exception.
 
The game is not set to start for two hours, and the players are milling around on the sidelines, some warming up and others chatting with each other. Lu Han makes his way to the bottom and joins a group of fans calling for the players. It is a home game for Chelsea, and Stamford Bridge Stadium will soon be packed for the much anticipated showdown with the Red Devils. 
 
He gets a few weird looks for calling at Chelsea players while wearing United’s red and white, but he ignores their judging gazes. The striker hears and approaches, signing a few autographs over the railing.
 
“Jongin! Jongin-ah! Kim Jongin!” Lu Han calls, along with a few of the other fans.
 
For a moment, Jongin seems to look up at him; but then, the moment is gone, and he is moving away for warm up sprints. Lu Han feels a sense of crushing disappointment as his fingers clench around the chocopie in his hands. All he had wanted to do was give his favorite soccer player his favorite snack, goddammit.
 
Jongin scores a goal that day and performs brilliantly, unlike the rest of his unusually sluggish team. Lu Han leaves feeling disappointed, chocopie still in hand, even though his team had won the game 2-1. 
 
Maybe some things just weren’t meant to be.
 
Lu Han stops by an isolated cafe for a quick dinner and coffee, and settles into a corner booth with his iPad. By the time he gets on the bus home, it is late, and the station is empty, except for one solitary figure. Lu Han takes one look and almost s his pants because what the is Kim Jongin, star striker for Chelsea FC and basically a god, doing riding public transportation?  
 
Jongin looks up upon hearing footsteps, and he scoffs upon seeing Lu Han’s red and yellow scarf. He pulls his own collar up higher, and turns his head away,  thinking that he wasn’t recognized. Lu Han takes a few deep breaths and seats himself on a bench. 
 
Although Lu Han’s favorite soccer team has always been Manchester United, his favorite player has always been Kim Jongin. Even when Jongin had played for Liverpool, United’s rival, years back, Lu Han had still secretly supported him. There was just something about him - the toned and tanned body, the dark eyes and dazzling smile, the charming personality and gorgeous face - that draws Lu Han in. 
 
The loud noise of the bus exhaling exhaust as it pulls up to the station draws Lu Han out of his reverie. The driver is three minutes early, and he gets off to take a bathroom break, leaving the doors open. Lu Han sees Jongin getting up, shouldering a gym bag, and boarding the bus. He takes four more deep breaths, and the follows. 
 
Jongin has seated himself in the very back, forehead against the cool glass of the window. He looks up again and Lu Han boards, and this time, a flash of recognition flits over his face, so fast that Lu Han wonders if he had imagined it all.  
 
“That last goal was a fluke,” Jongin says, finally, using Korean. “The tactical tackle was so illegal and the refs didn’t call it. Van Persie is a .”
 
“There was nothing illegal about the tackle,” Lu Han replies at once out of defensive habit. “Van Persie’s goal was spectacular.”
 
My goal was spectacular,” Jongin retorts sourly. 
 
Lu Han can’t find it in himself to disagree, so he nods and takes a seat next to the athlete. 
 
The driver returns, and starts the bus; a moment later, the bus pulls out of the station and starts for downtown London.    
 
“I saw you,” Jongin says suddenly, turning to look at Lu Han. “At the game, I mean,” he adds. 
 
“You - what?” There were thousands of people in attendance; surely he wouldn’t have stood out.
 
“It’s not often that someone wearing the other team’s colors are calling you,” he replies, grinning impishly. “I was intrigued.” Jongin pauses for a moment, and shrugs. “Besides, you looked really adorable, even if you were wearing the wrong colors.”  
 
For a moment, Lu Han flails. His favorite soccer player in the world has just called him adorable. Then, he remembers the Korean pastry he still has tucked away in his backpack. 
 
“I wanted to - here,” Lu Han says, shoving the chocopie at Jongin. He blushes, a little mortified. “You tweeted the other day about missing chocopies and I have...I have chocopies.”
 
“You have chocopies?” Jongin looks mildly amused as he opens the package and takes a bite. His eyes roll up in ecstasy, and Lu Han has to look away to avoid blushing again. “God, I love these things. Coach Jones doesn’t like us eating too many snacks but honestly, I can work off a chocopie in five minutes of warm up drills.”
 
“My family, we own a store that sells Asian snacks,”Lu Han explains. “I have tons of chocopies.”
 
Jongin nods, then frowns. “Wait, you follow me on Twitter? But...” He waves a hand at Lu Han’s Manchester scarf airly. 
 
“Um...my name is Lu Han and you’re my favorite player even though you don’t play for my favorite team and I’ve liked you since forever even when you used to play for the stupid Reds.” Lu Han stops to draw a deep breath and study Jongin’s impassive face. 
 
There is a moment of silence, and then Jongin grins, smile splitting his handsome face and making Lu Han feel faint. “You like me?”
 
The bus reaches its first stop and pulls alongside the curb of a well-lit London street. Lu Han opens his mouth, then closes it wordlessly. 
 
“This is my stop,” Jongin says, getting up. He reaches into his duffle bag and pulls out a black Sharpie. Reaching forward, he snags the end of Lu Han’s scarf, and scribbles a name and phone number on to the red felt. He shoulders his bag, and sticks his hands into his pockets. “Be sure to call me, Lu Han-ah,” he calls over his shoulder teasingly as he starts off the bus. “I’m going to be needing someone to get chocopies from soon.”
 
Even the bus driver stares after his retreating back. “, was that Kim Jongin? The soccer player?” he asks, shocked. “Was that ing Kim Jongin sitting in my bus?”
 
Lu Han nods dumbly. 
 
As the bus starts moving again, Lu Han looks down at his scarf. 
 
“,” Lu Han mutters. He is going to be needing a new Manchester scarf, because this one is going to be framed and displayed for the rest of his life. 
 
,” Lu Han mutters again, for a completely different reason. He now has the famous Kim Jongin’s phone number after more or less confessing his love for the other man. He takes out his phone and saves the number and his fingers hover over a screen for a moment before he types out a quick text. 
 
Van Persie should have been called for an illegal tackle. You were right
 
A moment later, his phone vibrates with a reply.
 
Let’s talk about how right I am over dinner tomorrow night. My treat, for my biggest fan ^-^
 
Lu Han’s eye widen at the words and he draws in a deep breath.
 
 
 
 
(Lu Han looks like a mess at the next Chelsea v. Manchester United game. He is wearing his boyfriend’s jersey, #9, but also has a new bright red scarf wrapped around his neck. The other fans give him him weird looks for cheering on both teams. His friend Jongdae laughs until he almost pisses himself; Lu Han hits him with a foam finger.) 
 
 
 

[A/N]: OTL when Lu Han becomes Jongin’s chocopie dealer. I’m not a ManU fan to be honest. I don’t hate them or anything, but I prefer Chelsea. I used #9 because Jongin = Torres (who used to play for Liverpool, one of United’s rivals get it get it get it). Also, this was inspired by Choi Minho, the Rio fanboy, trying to give him a chocopie. LOL okay first I write Sekai and name it after a Hot Chelle Rae song, and then this happens.