Coming Home

The Sharehouse

The ride back home was full of groaning from Victoria, whose high hadn’t worn off yet. Leeteuk had agreed to drive because Heechul wanted to be as close to Gain as possible. Simon went shotgun, but he was turned around to face the backseat for the entirety of the ride, talking to Jia. Jia’s stutter was back, but it was the usual halting every other word instead of barely able to cough out one.

Gain was taking everything well. Heechul had whispered sweet Korean nothings to her, taking her mind off of things. She fell asleep cuddled against his chest in the backseat while he held her securely through the trip home.

It was past midnight when Leeteuk parked at the Sharehouse. He smiled as he looked at their home, being quiet for the sleeping people in the car. The house seemed like it was shivering in excitement to see them again. Leeteuk chuckled and stretched back, assuming he’d been driving too long. He reached over and poked Simon’s chest, waking him up. “Home,” he said softly before unbuckling and sitting backwards in his seat to wake the rest of them up.

Simon’s hand grabbed Leeteuk’s before he could nudge Jia. “Just wake Heechul up, let’s do them a favor and carry them inside.”

Leeteuk grinned and nodded. He pet through Heechul’s hair, speaking softly, “Home now, wake up.”

Stirring and looking up at Leeteuk, Heechul stretched a little before petting Gain’s hair. She nuzzled closer in his arms, sleeping soundly.

“Can you carry her in?” Leeteuk asked.

Heechul nodded, clearing his throat softly. “She’s not heavy.”

Getting out of the car, Leeteuk helped Heechul open his door. Heechul stepped out slowly, holding Gain’s shoulders and under her knees. “Thanks,” he told Leeteuk and carried Gain to the front door that Simon had opened already.

Only half awake, Gain had her arms draped around Heechul’s shoulders, her cheek resting on his chest. Heechul opened her room, nudging her door farther with his foot so he could get inside to her bed.

Not caring where her blankets were, Gain left Heechul’s arms for the comfort of her own pillows. Heechul smiled and pulled her blankets out from under her to wrap her up like a burrito. As he turned to leave, Gain caught his wrist. Heechul paused and sat at her bedside.

“We’re home now,”

“I know,” she said. “I just don’t want to be alone.”

“You’re not alone, the house is all around you, happy you’re here.”

Gain smiled and leaned up to hug Heechul tightly. “I really love you.”

“I love you too,” Heechul said, squeezing her. “You’ll be okay sweetie.”

Not wanting Heechul to leave, Gain pouted as she pulled back. “I wish I could keep you.”

“Why would you want me?” Heechul smirked. “I’m just a smelly old brother.”

Gain laughed softly and gave him a quick peck of a kiss.

Smiling at the peck, Heechul leaned to kiss her cheek. “Now sleep.” He waved his arms over her, pretending to cast a spell. “Sleep and have good dreams.”

“I promise,” she said, grinning at his spell casting as she made herself comfortable.

Heechul got up from her bed and closed her door, stretching as he went back out to the car. He was going to help bring things inside, but Simon and Leeteuk had made short work of the other two girls and all the luggage.

Simon caught Heechul in a tight hug as he came back inside from locking the car up. “Thanks for the vacation bro.”

“Yeah, no problem. The girls are okay?”

“Yeah, sleeping like babies in their rooms.” Simon let him go and waved to him and Leeteuk. “Night guys, I’m beat.”

They waved at him and Heechul turned to Leeteuk, smiling. “Tired too?”

Leeteuk scratched the back of his head as he nodded, yawning a little. “Are you not?”

“I think I just got my second wind,” Heechul chuckled. “But I’ve been asleep all day under a warm girl.”

Laughing softly, Leeteuk pulled Heechul into his arms kissing his neck. “You want me to stay up with you?”

“No, it’s okay, go to sleep.” Heechul kissed his cheek, petting his hair.

“Mm, carry me too?”

Heechul laughed. “Piggy back?”

Leeteuk grinned and hopped on Heechul’s back, holding his chest as he nuzzled his neck. Heechul held his legs and carried him down the hall to his room. Pushing his door open, Heechul brought him to bed and set him down.

Half asleep already, it was hard for Leeteuk to keep his eyes open as Heechul covered him up. “Come sleep in here when you get tired,” he mumbled.

“I will, I will,” Heechul said softly, realizing Leeteuk was already fast asleep. He sat on the edge of his bed for a while, watching him sleep. Smiling, Heechul leaned to kiss his forehead and stood up for the front room.

Unsure of what to do with all his energy and no one around, Heechul finally plopped himself on the couch. He the TV, finding something about people selling their old junk to watch. Heebum mewled at him and Heechul grinned. “Hi baby.” He picked up his cat and held him on his lap to pet him. “Did you miss me?” Heebum just purred loudly at him.

“You probably miss Teukie more though huh?” Heechul chuckled. “Since you stopped coming to wake me up early for food in favor of him.” Heebum blinked slowly at him and closed his eyes, rolling on his back more in his lap. Heechul pet his belly, scratching his favorite spots. “I don’t mind though, I love him too. We can share him sometimes.” Chuckling, Heechul kept petting the kitty as he looked back at the TV.

Warm cat body and comforting purrs were making him sleepy suddenly. Heechul curled up on the couch more, holding his cat on his stomach. Without realizing when it happened, Heechul started dreaming.

He was petting his cat, lying on the couch in the same dark room with the same TV show in the background. Except he wasn’t alone. Gain was sitting on the other end of the couch, hugging a pillow. She looked scared and Heechul sat up to hug her, but she kept getting farther away from him.

Frustrated with the distance, Heechul stood up and was suddenly on the beach, alone.

“Hi baby,” a voice said. Heechul refused to turn around, fear gripping his body and making him shiver.

Fear wasn’t the only thing gripping him as he felt hands on his shoulders. “Did you miss me?” The voice asked, impossibly closer and echoing in his mind. Heechul tried to shrug away, tried to run away but the hands were wrapping around his throat so he couldn’t breathe.

Heechul woke up with a gasp for breath. His heart was racing and his hands were shaking as he forced himself to sit up. Outside, birds were chirping. The sun was up and there was the sound of laughter coming from the backyard.

Still shaking, Heechul stood up, heading for Leeteuk’s room. He was gone, probably outside with the girls. Heechul didn’t care; he crawled into his bed, mounding the blankets on top of him as he tried not to cry and curled into a ball.