Never Forget Love

Illa Illa
 
When the warm and scented wind passes by my cheeks
I think of your face that I used to love
 
 

The lonesome figure was happily welcomed by the familiar dim lights, shining down on him as he entered the coffee shop. He went over to one of the many tables for two, sitting down and facing the road outside.

Juniel was not surprised to see the man, for he was a regular here. Always wearing that black coat and black hat of his, the man never came accompanied by another. He was alone, drinking his coffee in silence, staring out the window with a distant look in his eyes, and keeping all of his thoughts to himself.

She was very curious about what thoughts the man could have.

Although the man came to the shop every day, Juniel did not know his name. In fact, she didn’t even know what he looked like, exactly. Feeling somewhat intimidated by him and his aura, she made her co-worker, Yoo Ji Ae, take his order instead so she doesn’t have to face him and possibly make a fool out of herself. His back is all she sees.

Unfortunately, Ji Ae decided to take the day off today, leaving Juniel as the only worker to run the shop. That also left Juniel to be the only one to be able to go and take the man’s order.

Promising herself she’d strangle Ji Ae later, she walked over to the man, who was facing the window with his back turned to her, and put a smile on her face. “Good morning, what would you like today?”

He turned around and she felt her heart skip a beat as she took in his piercing eyes, sharp jawline, fair skin, and golden hair. It was quite overwhelming to see someone like this in an almost-empty coffee shop.

“The usual, please.” The man said, his voice deep and a bit husky.

Plain black coffee. That was ‘the usual’.

Juniel knew this because Ji Ae always complained about how bitter it tasted and the two wondered how the man could stand it. She nodded, “I’ll be right back.”

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw the man turn back to the window and she can’t help but wonder… Why was he always so sad?

 

Oh, when the wild, unknown flowers bloom hidden on the streets
I think of you, whom I hide away in my memories
 
 

Kris sighed and stared out the window, where cars were passing by and people were moving on with their lives. Moving on… that was one thing Kris couldn’t do, no matter how many times he tried.

He was quite amused with the fact that the other worker took his order today. Juniel, her nametag said. During his many visits here, she never once came up to him and he kept pondering why.

The shop’s radio was on in the background and a soft melody reached his ears. He focused on a tree on the other side of the street, listening to the singer’s voice and to what they were singing... something about first loves and flowers. How ironic; it fit his life so well.

Shifting his gaze to the inside of the shop, Kris saw some rose vases placed on the countertops. He’s never seen them there before and a solemn smile decorated his visage.

Roses. Such simple flowers, yet they bring back so many memories. Kris’s eyes landed on a particular vase, where the flowers were a lavender color. How odd for a lavendar rose to hold so much meaning to him...

 
 
 
My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love
 
 

It all started on his first day at school. He was only five or six then, and he had just moved from his hometown Guangzhou, Guangdong, China, to Gwangju, Korea. Naturally because of this, his first day at grade school was beyond horrible; his Korean wasn’t very good and the other kids didn’t want to befriend him.

He vaguely remembered the time the other kids laughed at him, causing him to run off in tears. He sat against the brick wall, hugging his legs to his chest. Being the little kid he was, he missed his friends, his school, and his home back in China. He didn’t like it here at all.

Suddenly, he felt something (or someone) move and slump down next to him. Lifting his head up, he saw a girl looking at him from under her brown bangs. Her hair was tied into pigtails and a pink flower-clip was in her hair.

"Are you okay?" She asked, looking at him from top to bottom. Kris just sniffled, so she continued talking. "Just ignore those kids. They make fun of everyone."

This time he nodded and she sat up straight. "My name is Jun Hee, but you can call me Juniel. I like that name better. What's yours?"

Sniffle. "Yi Fan." Pause. "N-no, Kris."

"Kris? That's an American name! How cool!" Juniel smiled brightly and stood up, brushing the imaginary dirt off of her clothes. "It's time to go back to class. Let's go together!"

He didn't answer because he was so surprised by her friendliness and cheerfulness. She took his hand and pulled him up to his feet. "Come on, Kris! Let's go!"

With those pigtails bouncing up and down and that cheeky smile, Kris had fallen in love. Sure, he was only a kid, but he was sure of it.

Without her noticing, he placed a lavender-colored rose on Juniel's desk. He could cleaerly remember the smile on her face when she picked it up, looking around to see who had put it there. Kris turned away, smiling to himself and blushing.

 

( lavender ): love at first sight.

 
Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower
 
 

"She's already forgotten me, hasn't she?" Kris whispered to himself. The last time they had seen each other was five years ago and of course he had changed; he got taller, a lot taller, dyed his hair blonde, and his facial features grew more defined. But he had recognized Juniel right away; why didn't she?

Kris shifted his legs and leaned forward to look at the girl, who was frantically moving around and about behind the counter. A loud crash was heard and she poked her head out to him shyly.

"I'm so sorry, I accidentally knocked the cup over and it spilled." Juniel rubbed the back of her neck, embarassed. "Is it okay if you wait a bit longer?"

Kris chuckled at the girl's clumsiness; it was so like her to do something like that. "It's alright, I can wait."

She smiled gratefully before going back to work, determined not to knock anything over this time. Her shoulder brushed against a vase of yellow roses as she did so and another memory resurfaced in Kris's mind. It was a memory Kris thought he had forgotten.

 

 
Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love
 
 
 

The other kids were bullying him again this time. The boys, Kai and Kyungsoo, snatched his backpack from him and dumped its onto the ground, rummaging in it to steal his pocket money. Ji Eun stood by, watching everything unfold until Juniel saw what was happening and came to his rescue.

"Kai, Kyungsoo! Stop it!" She cried as she yanked the backpack out of their hands. Shoving it into his hands, she bent down to pick up his notebooks and pencils. "Stop being so mean!"

The boys laughed and mocked her. "You can't make us, you know."

Kris stood behind her, frightened and not moving. His defender put her hands on her hips defiantly. "Yes, I can!"

"No, you can't!" Kai said. "You're just a girl!"

"So?" She stuck her tongue out and stomped up to him, looking at him straight in the eyes. "Just tell me what it'll take for you to stop. I'll do it."

Ji Eun took this chance to step in with her arms crossed. "Cut all of your hair off! Then we'll stop."

The hair that reached Juniel's elbows was golden brown, long and luscious, silking and shiny, soft and pretty. She styled it everyday, wether it be in a ponytail or a braid, and she treasured her hair. It was the one thing she liked the most about herself.

Despite her love for her hair, she accepted the challenge with a strong voice. "Really? If I cut my hair off, you'll stop?"

Ji Eun nodded, but then smirked. "But you won't do it, will you?"

"Of course I will! Something as easy as that?" When Kris heard Juniel say that, he tapped her shoulder to stop her from doing it but she ignored him and ran back into the classroom. She grabbed a pair of scissors from her own bag and ran back outside.

She put her hair into a low ponytail, held her hair with one hand, and before anyone could stop her, she took the scissors and snipped it off. Her lovely brown locks fell to ground, one by one, snip by snip. Ji Eun gasped, not believing that she'd actually do it. Kai and Kyungsoo just stood there, staring at the clumps of hair that every girl in school was jealous of.

"There." Juniel said, breaking the silence once she was done. "Now you have to leave Kris alone. You promised."

The bullies went away, as promised, and Kris stared at the girl in front of him. "Juniel, your hair..."

She didn't turn around and he could tell that she was going to cry. A six-year-old girl's hair was like her life and cutting it off was something that was just so unthinkable. "It's okay, Kris. Friends help each other, right?"

Her mother was clearly upset when she came to pick her up after school. The teacher and about every other kid in class was shocked too. "Choi Jun Hee! Why did you do such a thing without permission?!"

She only smiled and answered with, "Don't be upset, mommy. Now the kids won't bully Kris anymore."

"What?" Her mom looked puzzled at her statement.

"I miss my hair too, but don't worry," Juniel continued, "it will grow back soon, right?"

"R-right..." Her mom seemed to have gotten over it and accepted her daughter's new haircut. "Let's go home, Jun Hee, and see what your father has to say about this."

Juniel nodded and went to get her bag. The yellow rose that Kris had secretly slipped inside of it's pocket fell out and she picked it up. Smiling, she tucked it behind her ear and skipped out the door, following her mother.

In Kris's opinion, he thought she looked ever more cute with short, rigid, un-even hair.

 

( yellow ): friendship, i care.

 
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa,
My love, good-bye
 
 
 

"Here you go, one black coffee and strawberry shortcake." 

Kris snapped back to reality as Juniel placed a cup and a plate down in front of him. He studied her face, but it showed no realization in her eyes, no sign that she recognized him as her best friend from long ago. 

"I didn't order any cake..." He said, pointing at the plate.

"I know, but it's an apology treat since I spilled your coffee earlier." Juniel explained. "Also, you need to eat something sweet for once. Drinking bitter coffee everyday is just too much."

"You haven't changed one bit," Kris chuckled to himself. "Thank you."

"No problem!" She said brightly, going back to her place behind the counter. Kris took a forkful of the strawberry shortcake and put it into his mouth. The sweetness hit him like a wave of surprise and he swallowed. It was too sugary for his taste, but it was also comforting at the same time. The flavor was soft and gentle, just like the Juniel he had fallen in love with. Just like the Juniel he was still in love with.

 
 
When the stars drawn out on the night sky bring up your memories,
I take you out of my old diaries
 
 

He remembered the day it was her twelfth birthday and how he had planned to sing a song for her. It never happened though, because as soon as she saw him at school, she crushed him into a hug.

Kris thought she was just happy that she got to be treated like princess for her birthday, but instead it was the exact opposite. She was crying, tears streaking from her swollen eyes and down her face. Kris caressed her hair as she clutched his shirt and sobbed against his chest. "Juniel, what happened?"
 
"M-my dad, he's g-" She choked a sob and her fingers trembled as she struggled to speak. "He's gone, Kris. He was o-out drinking with his friends... and his c-car... I can't- he's gone!"
 
Kris was quite taken aback. He never really knew her father, but he could tell she loved him very much. He hugged her tighter and her hair. "It's okay, Juniel. It's okay."
 
Her grip on his shirt tightened as she spilled her tears onto his shoulder, body shaking like there was no tomorrow. It hurt to see her devastated like this. Kris felt like his heart was torn in two once her familiar smile was not on his angel's face. Slipping a black-colored rose in her hand, he whispered into her ear. "It's okay, just cry. I'm right here."
 
She stayed in his embrace, crying, and didn't let go.
 
 
( black ): death, farewell.
 
 
My baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa, baby illa illa illa
Never forget love
 
 
 
The door opened and a young girl rushed inside, heading straight to the display of fancy cakes and desserts. A woman ran in after her, most likely her mom, and scolded her for running off. Kris watched from across the shop as Juniel smiled at the eager child. "How may I help you today?"
 
The young girl smiled and jumped up and down. "It's my birthday today!"
 
"Really?" She answered, bending down to be on the same eye level as her. "How old will you be this year?"
 
"Six!" The girl exlaimed proudly.
 
"Then you'll need a special treat from us. How about some cake?"
 
"Yes, please!" She nodded her head furiously and her mother shook her head with disapproval (probably because her daughter was so hyper, but it was her birthday after all).
 
Kris blinked. The smile on Juniel's face was what he missed the most about her.
 
 
 
Because first love is beautiful, a first love is a flower
Blooming widely when spring comes – dazzling like a flower
 
 
 
For Juniel's fifthteenth birthday, Kris had gotten her a guitar. It was a nice guitar; brand new, polished, and of quality wood. She had eyed this guitar for a while now, ever since she passed by it's display case at the local plaza. Being the high school student she was, she couldn't afford to buy it, so he instead got it for her (and promised his dad to pay back as soon as he got a job).
 
When she saw her own name carved into the wooden part of the stringed instrument, she had hugged him and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you so much, Kris! I love it! This is the best birthday present ever!" And of course, he had blushed and turned into an awkward turtle.
 
Juniel grew very attached to her guitar (she even named it Panini, for what reason Kris didn't know) and brought it with her wherever she went. Always plucking and strumming its strings, she eventually got interested in composing her own music.
 
About four months later, she had already composed her first song on the guitar called, "Boy". She didn't let anyone hear it though, saying it wasn't very good and needed to be finished. Kris thought otherwise when he eavesdropped on her singing and secretly recorded it to enter it in a music competition.
 
He was ecstatic when her song won second place in the competition but when he revealed it to her, she was half-shocked and half-terrified. The reason why she didn't want people to know of her song was because she was afraid they wouldn't like it.
 
However, it got a good response and she began to grow more open about her music. Once she found out that the person who had won first place was none other than Ji Eun, the person who bullied them years ago, she had a sudden desire to beat her. Using revenge as motivation, Juniel was able to snatch the gig at the place Ji Eun had applied for.
 
Right after her first performance in front of actual strangers, Kris had left an entire bouquet of roses in her guitar case. He continued to leave orange and pink roses anonymously because he was proud of her for stepping out of her comfort zone and showing others what she could do. His Juniel was beginning to grow up.
 
 
( orange ): enthusiasm, ( pink ): admiration, joy.
 
 
Like a young child, a first love is inexperienced
Because you can’t unconditionally give and take love
 
 
"Here you go!" Juniel scooped a slice of chocolate cake onto a plate and stuck a pink-and-white-swirled candle in it. "What's your name?"
 
"My name is Jimin!" The small girl answered, watching her in fascination as she lit the candle. "Shin Jimin!"
 
"Jimin," the older girl placed the treat in her small palms and patted her head lightly, "happy birthday!"
 
"Thank you!" Jimin smiled and looked up at her mother, who finally decided to break into a small smile herself. Being ushered outside to go and prepare for her birthday party later that evening, Jimin waved back to her. "Thank you, unnie!"
 
Juniel chuckled and her eyes met the ones that had been focused on her since the beginning of that morning. She blushed upon seeing the man staring at her and rushed behind the cash register.
 
Kris couldn't deny that he was smiling at such a cute scene. Juniel was always like that.
 
His thoughts suddenly drift to the roses he had given her back then. Did she still have them? Or has she thrown them all away?
 
"Why would she keep them?" Kris scoffed to himself. "How pathetic of you to even think that."
 
 
I was young back then, I didn’t know any better
Now I think I will know
 
 
Sixteen. That was the age when people learned to love, realized they loved, realized they were being loved, and wanted to love.
 
Kris was determined to confess to her. After knowing her for ten years, he was finally going to tell her that she was his special someone. Spring the most beautiful time of the year, when flowers bloomed and the sun shined and couples got together. He was going to tell her this spring.
 
Unfortunately, that spring was not his spring.
 
Huang Zi Tao, Kris's friend from back in China, came to visit him. It just so happened that he was good-looking, tall, outgoing, amazingly attractive, and liked by all. He was everything Kris wasn't, he had concluded to himself.
 
Juniel and Tao had clicked with each other the moment they met. Their personalities matched well and they became close, fast.
 
The day Kris decided to confess, the two began dating.
 
He recalled the day he had found her hugging Tao's arm in the hallway and pecking his lips lightly. His friend whispered something into her ear and she giggled brightly, swinging his arm back and forth. The moment she saw him down the hall, she had pulled Tao to him and told him, "Kris! Guess what? We're dating!"
 
The red rose he held behind his back went limp and he felt as though she had taken Panini and hit in square in the gut. "R-really?"
 
"Hehe, yeah." Tao said, smiling nervously. "You don't mind though, right?"
 
Kris could only stutter. "Of c-course not... why would I?"
 
Juniel smiled at her boyfriend. "See? I told you he would approve if we told him!"
 
I didn't know I would approve of this either, Kris thought to himself. "But if you hurt her, Tao, then I won't forgive you."
 
His friend grinned. "Of course, I won't hurt her!"
 
I know. And that's what I'm afraid of.
 
Tao decided to stay in Gwangju because of Juniel. Their relationship was known by the entire student body and by almost the whole town. Never once did Kris see Juniel leave his side; the two were always hand-in-hand, laughing, smiling and hugging.
 
He felt forgotten, like the forever-friend-zoned male lead in cliche Korean dramas.
 
He felt forgotten, like the red rose he had stuffed deep into his messy desk at home.
 
He felt forgotten, like the unsaid confession he had erased from his memory.
 
He didn't like feeling forgotten.
 
 
( red ): love.
 
 
I call out to you as I draw you out
Illa illa illa illa, illa illa illa
 

 

Kris put down his cup and grimaced. His coffee didn't taste as bitter as usual... probably Juniel's doing, again.

He didn't like black coffee, not at all. He forced himself to drink it though, and he eventually grew accustomed to it over time. The bitterness matched him and his life, that was the reason why he drank nothing else.

Bitter, remorse, sorrow, and most of all, regret. He regretted not using his chances when he had so many, and now he suffered for it. He blamed himself for his cowardice; if only he had said he loved her first, then she would have been his. It didn't matter if she chose to reject him instead because then the heavy feeling in his chest would have been lifted and he wouldn't have turned out this way.

 

 

Illa illa illa illa, never forget love

 

"Hey, Kris?"

"Yeah?" He turned around and saw Juniel standing behind him. "What is it?"

"Thank you." She said softly, surprising him. 

He put his pen down onto his notebook, puzzled. "For what?"

"For introducing Tao to me," she continued, "and for everything. Thank you."

A lump appeared in his throat once he heard his friend's name and he smiled half-heartedly at his object of affections. "Oh, it's nothing."

"Of course it's not nothing!" Juniel replied. "I feel as though my life is perfect right now. I don't know how to repay you, Kris."

You can repay me by saying you love me, by becoming mine. "Just be happy with each other, alright? That's enough for me."

"Don't worry, we will!" She answered happily and giving him a short hug. "You're the best bestfriend ever!"

"But I don't want to be your best bestfriend." Kris whispered to himself before holding her wrist tightly. Surprised by his sudden actions, she watched him with wide-eyes and tried to wriggle away.

"K-Kris? What are you doing...?"

Not answering her, he pulled something out from his pocket and laid it in her palm, closing her fingers around it. "Juniel, I'm going to be gone for a while. I know you'll be okay, but I still want you to be careful, do you hear me?"

"Gone? Wait, are you going somewhere?" She asked.

"I l-love... I..." I love you, he wanted to say, but instead he ignored her question and bit his lip as he looked away. "I hope you two are happy."

Letting go of her wrist, he turned and left, leaving a confused Juniel as she looked down at the blue rose laying in her palm.

 

( blue ): the unattainable, the impossible.

 

Seeing as a first love is painful, a first love is like a fever
Because after you are mindlessly sick, you become an adult
 
 
 
"Thank you for coming here so often and supporting our business." Juniel bowed, her hair swishing back and forth. "Today will be on me, as thanks."
 
"No," Kris objected, standing up to hand her the money. "How could I leave without paying?"
 
She shook her head and pushed the offer away. "I insist."
 
He sighed and pocketed the money. "Then what can I do to repay you for such great service?"
 
She blushed and looked down at her fingers. "Your name. I'd like to know your name."
 
Kris smiled and got an idea. He motioned for her hand and she slowly held it up as he slipped a red rose into her palm. "Yi Fan." He paused. "No, call me Kris. I like that name much better."
 
Juniel's eyes widened when she those words. "Yi Fan? K-Kris?"
 
With a close-lipped smile on his face, he nodded and his hand fell from her hand. She stared at him for a while, searching his face for any emotion and for the same insecure boy he was years ago. Realization washed over her when he looked away. "Kris!"
 
Without looking back, he turned around and exited the shop, leaving Juniel hanging in the empty room. "Wait, Kris-!"
 
It was him. The reason why the man was so interesting to her was because he was the person she missed the most. Kris. But it was too late. When she rushed outside to run after him, he had already disappeared and she felt her heart tighten.
 
"Juniel?"
 
She turned around, hoping for it to be Kris calling her name, but of course it wasn't. Her co-worker Ji Ae walked up to her with a curious expression on her face.
 
"What are you doing out here? Shouldn't you be inside in case any customers come?"
 
Juniel nodded mindlessly, looking down a the red rose she was holding. "Uh, yeah..."
 
"Look, I'm sorry for being late today, okay? Let's just go in." Ji Ae said, pushing open the door and heading to the back to put on her uniform apron.
 
The still stunned girl followed her inside and took one last glance at the road outside. "Kris..." The name she whispered rolled off her tongue and into the wind, blowing away from her and up into the sky, as though it was a fallen leaf, lost and seperated from its tree. "Why?"
 
 
Because a first love can never be, a first love is lingering attachment
Because you can’t have it since you loved too much
 
 
The following day, Kris left for Canada.
 
Juniel was stunned. He never told her that he was leaving her, as in leaving her and traveling to a place that was on the other side of the earth. He had promised that he would always be there for her, that he would never abandon her.
 
To tell the truth, Juniel was in love with Kris. She has always been in love with him ever since she saw him during his first day of school, ten years ago. But she knew he didn't love her back. She knew.
 
Tao was a nice guy. He was sweet and considerate, but he wasn't Kris. She found herself comparing the two all the time, and she felt bad because it made her fall in love with Kris more.
 
When Kris said he was okay with them dating, she was heartbroken. She was disappointed to realize he didn't return his feelings for her; if he did, then wouldn't he have objected?
 
Her unrequited and one-sided love had hurt her. If only she had come clean and just confess... if only.
 
Tao eventually left to go back to China and they agreed to break up. They promised each other to stay as good friends and keep in touch, but soon they drifted apart and disappeared from one another's lives and Juniel was left, longing for Kris. She longed for his hugs, his laugh, his voice, his presence, his everything. She missed him so much.
 
Juniel had always known who the giver of her roses was and that was just another reason for her to treasure the delicate flowers. She didn’t know why he kept on giving them to her, but she kept them in a box, each and every one of them. They’ve all wilted, but she didn’t have the heart to throw them away. All of them held a special meaning to her and she didn’t want to erase her memories. She didn’t want to lose such gifts from the person she loved the most.
 
Five years past. Five long years went by without her being able to see Kris, and she felt as though there was nothing left for her to do in life. She had given up her passion for music a few months after Kris left, since she saw no point in it anymore. She was only into music because of Kris and now that he was gone, there was no reason to continue.
 
Green roses. Juniel has never seen green roses, but she went to the local flower shop and decided to take a look at them because it was the only color she didn't have in her rose collection from Kris. In the end, she bought one single green rose because it reminded her of him.
 
"Kris." She whispered his name to herself, wanting to hear his name. "I hope you're alright. I hope you're doing well. Are you happy, wherever you are? Are you lonely?"
 
She stared at the roses and suddenly thought if the colors meant anything.
 
"I hope you know that I love you."
 
 
( green ): good luck, take care.
 
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye
 
 

The next day, the man did not come to the coffee shop, nor the next day, nor the next. In fact, for the next week and a half, he did not step one foot inside the shop, and this worried Ji Ae.

Did something happen when she was gone? Ji Ae looked over at Juniel, who seemed to be spacing out as she washed the tables with a wet cloth. She's been like that ever since the day she came late, and it was bothering her.

Ji Ae spotted something red on the floor and went over to pick it up. It was a rose. "How odd. Did this fall out of the vases...?"

"That's mine." Her co-worker immediately appeared at her side and took the rose from her before returning back to her task at hand of washing tables. Juniel's face seemed tired, more tired than usual, and it seemed as though her eyes were distant and faraway. Her eyes had the same look that the man always had. Ji Ae stared at her, eyebrows raised, at the slightly weird behaviour.

"Something definitely must have happened." Ji Ae said under her breath. "And what's so special about that rose? She's so protective about it..." Shrugging, she waved the thought away and turned her full attention onto the new customers that entered the shop. It couldn't be anything serious or important, could it?

If only she had known what that rose meant...

The red rose Kris had given to Juniel was his final goodbye to her, that he was letting her go for good. It symbolized the end, that it was the end of a love that could not be.

First loves are impossible, for first loves are inexperienced.

First loves are impossible, for first loves are loved too much.

First loves are impossible, for first loves are like flowers; young, innocent, and lovely at first, but as time goes by, it wilts, turns gray, and fades away, forgotten. First loves can never be. 

 

 
Illa illa illa, illa illa illa, illa illa illa, my love, good-bye
--  illa illa, juniel ( english translations )
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A/N: Omfg I take back what I said in my Zoophobia oneshot; this is the longest chapter I have ever written in my entire life /falls over dead/ I hope it was fluffy-but-sad-at-the-end enough for you, 33jjlover ^^; And to everyone else... how was it? This is my first songfic ever, so let me know what you think. There were like 1000+ flashbacks (whatever that was in italics was a flashback, hope you guys were smart enough to figure that out) OTL sorry guys.