Love is a Life saver.

Breakin' me down.

 

 
There was nothing Bang Sungjoon hated more than school. He was 18 in grade 11 at a prestigious private high school. Friends were something he never had. 
 
The one friend Sungjoon had was a boy who was in almost every class with him. His name was Lee Jongsuk. Over the years, the two boys became extremely close; they confided in each other about almost everything; Girls, drugs, and, their home life issues. There was still one thing that Sungjoon knew he had to tell Jongsuk. 
 
Lately, he had been feeling some odd emotions begin to arise from his injured heart. Now, when he looked at Jongsuk... He didn't think of what they would do after school. He thought of what they would be doing the rest of their lives. What Sungjoon thought of... It scared him. Rather than him growing up with a wife, Jongsuk as he best friend... He thought of Jongsuk as the one he would be with. The one he would grow old with... The one he would start a family with. 
 
One day after school, he and Jongsuk were headed back to the pristine dorms. Sungjoon couldn't get the images out of his head. He couldn't be gay, right? He had never been too interested in girls but, he never thought that meant he was gay. 
 
Heavy thinking and walking was never a very helpful combination. Before he knew it, Sungjoon was on his , staring up at a concerned Jongsuk. His eyes... They were magnificent, alluring. And his plump pink lips forming a small from; they drew Sungjoon mad. 
After a few moments too long he finally heard Jongsuk's soft voice breaking through to his confused brain “Yah.. Sungjoon-ah? Are you okay? Do you need me to get a nurse?”
 
Without saying a single word, he stood up and begins to trudge to the dorm. When he steps into the room tears are already streaming down his flushed cheeks.  Sungjoon didn’t understand why he felt these emotions but, everything was beginning to make sense. All the years he would pick Jongsuk over a girl. How he did anything to please Jongsuk. 
 
Finally it hit him. That four letter word he disliked oh so much. That small yet powerful word slapped him like a ton of bricks. With a quick paced walk through the dorm, he grabbed a towel and stepped into the large bathroom practically slamming the door. He couldn’t let Jongsuk see him like this.. He couldn’t let him know of the immense feelings he felt for him.. Right?
 
After a few days, a rumor had somehow gotten around that Sungjoon may or may not like boys. The rest of his school treated him as if he were a sewer rat the crawled up the sewer system. His grades began to suffer; he stopped eating. Sungjoon knew that something had to change. Something had to be done. He knew what he had to do. And it may just kill him. 
 
 
Over the next few weeks, the bullying became worse. Words turned to repairable bullet wounds exiting through his already battered heart. His mind slipped into a dark haunting world of its own. The love he felt for his best friend was the only thing keeping him alive; the only keeping the blood pumping through his veins. 
 
Sungjoon had a plan. He had everything thought out perfectly. Everything was in order for his big day. 
June 3rd, 2013. It was the day of his big plan. Sungjoon was calm. Too calm for his current state of mind. He began to walk from his dorm a black bag in his hand. He headed towards the office where announcements were made. Luckily for him, there was no one around to stop him from entering the small stuffy room. The rest of his class was at lunch; Jongsuk was probably looking for him now. 
 
This was the moment he would spill out everything. He would put everything to an end; he would be free. 
 With a shaky breath he the PA system, slowly beginning to speak. 
 
“Hello. This is Bang Sungjoon speaking. There have been rumors of my uality. I’m  here to clear them up. Yes, I am gay. And I am completely and utterly in love with a man.. my best friend Lee Jongsuk.” He stuttered a bit before spitting out the last sentence “I’m sorry for everything, my love. I will be out of your life now.” 
 
A gun. Something that could rid him of all of his problems; All of his hurt. He slowly cocked the gun and placed it to his head. He mumbled to himself “I’m so sorry Jongsuk”. Just as he was going to pull the trigger, he heard a loud sob coming from outside of the door along with a few jumbled, broken sentences. 
“Sungjoon! You ing idiot! I love you too! I always have! I need you. Don’t leave me here alone.. Please” Jongsuk screamed; trying to persuade his love to stay.
 
Tears were flowing everywhere before he knew it, the two were connected in a passionate embrace; teachers only standing around, watching in awe. As he lips were pressed against Jongsuk’s he smiled shyly, mumbling “Thank you for saving me, Lee Jongsuk.”