1/1

In Denial

sunggyu hates anything and everything that has to deal with dongwoo. he hates the way dongwoo laughs, teeth and gums showing everywhere. he hates the way dongwoo's always so happy and the most irrevelant of times. he hates how jumpy and excited dongwoo is all the time. he hates the way dongwoo styles his hair and dresses. he hates how dongwoo looks at him with those sparkle in his eyes whenever the younger would see sunggyu, and sungyyu only, and how dongwoo calls him gyu gee gee. he hates dongwoo. and the thing he hates the most is the way he can't control the stupid butterflies from having a seizure in his stomach whenever he sees dongwoo. 

 
sunggyu wouldn't let himself admit that he may probably be somewhat head over heels in love with dongwoo. no, he wouldn't. he wouldn't let himself fall weak in his knees whenever he sees dongwoo smiling, or whenever dongwoo's holding onto him. it was just something sunggyu didn't want to admit to dongwoo, let alone, to anyone. 
 
so when dongwoo asks the older one if he could stay in his and woohyun's apartment until myungsoo comes back from his visit to his family, sunggyu couldn't possibly say no. i mean, he could've said no and closed the door on dongwoo, but he hates seeing the younger upset, just as much as he hates dongwoo. 
 

but while dongwoo is staying with them, sunggyu finds various ways of ignoring the younger, shrugging him off while avoiding the look of hurt coming from dongwoo. 

but dongwoo doesn't give up, and continues to try and talk to the older. he continues to make the older a cup of tea, or cook breakfast for him. he offers to help sunggyu with his homework, even though dongwoo was a year younger and couldn't possibly understand the work sunggyu had to do. dongwoo would always stay up late with his hyung, making sure he goes to bed with extra blankets. dongwoo even woke up extra early to make a lunch box for sunggyu when he knew the older had a major test that day. dongwoo never gave up.
 
sunggyu never drank the tea the younger made him, and he'd excuse himself from breakfast when dongwoo announced he had made breakfast for him. sunggyu never let dongwoo help him with his homework, despite the many protests of the younger. sunggyu didn't even eat the lunch box dongwoo had woken up so early to make him. sunggyu took dongwoo for granted, and that's when dongwoo gave up.
 

dongwoo gave up trying to communicate with his hyung. he gave up trying to help and be nice. he gave up trying to show sunggyu how much he really cared and love him. dongwoo just gave up.

sunggyu definetly noticed this. he noticed the lack of comments coming from dongwoo. he noticed the way dongwoo would immediately leave the room whenever sunggyu entered. he noticed one time when dongwoo sat sniffling in the living room, holding the unopen lunch box he specially made for sunggyu, and a pang of guilt pulled at sunggyu's inside.
 
he even noticed how the sparkle that was in dongwoo's eyes whenever he saw sunggyu, was completely gone. and that was what made sunggyu's heart drop all the way to the core of the earth's crust.
 

sunggyu learns to admit the fact that he's head over heels in love with the adorable dino. he learns how much pain he must have put the younger one through, as he watches dongwoo hug woohyun, claiming he'll make sure myungsoo's on vacation more so he could come back, and makes a small wave towards sunggyu. and that's it. not even a hug. how badly sunggyu hadn't wanted the younger one to hold him tightly in his embrace, and he honestly regrets ever hating dongwoo. he doesn't hate him; no, he COULDN'T hate him. and now that sunggyu thinks about it, he never really hated dongwoo. 


so when sunggyu asks dongwoo if he could stay over his and myungsoo's apartment for a couple of days, ("woohyun caught a nasty cold, and i have exams to study for, i can't be sick!") dongwoo really wanted to just slam the door in sunggyu's face and never bother with the small-eyed hyung he ever thought was cute. but he doesn't, and he agrees that sunggyu could stay over.

now it's sunggyu's turn to make breakfast for dongwoo in the morning. it's his turn to make some tea for the younger when he's working on his homework, and for him to stay up a little bit longer to help him with his homework. he makes lunchboxes for dongwoo every single day he's staying over, with a small note on it saying, "jang dongwoo, hwaiting!! ^-^"
 
dongwoo isn't strong headed like sunggyu, he can't ignore such kind acts coming from the older. he couldn't. as much as his mind yelled at him, saying "he's the that made you put all that effort in but for what? NOTHING." he followed his heart, and let himself be treasured by sunggyu. 
 
and now sunggyu can see dongwoo smiling at him again, and he can see the sparkle in dongwoo's eyes whenever he sees him. 
 

"hey, dongwoo?"

"yes, hyung?"
 
"erm--i'm sorry for ignoring you and all the kind things you've done for me, really i am. i regret it, i do. if i could, i'd take it back."
 
"why would you ignore me, hyung?"
 
and so sunggyu explains to dongwoo how, at first, he hated the younger, which earned a shocked expression from the dino. sunggyu is quick to explain that he hated how dongwoo made him feel; mushy, giggly, and in love. he explained that he was in denial.
 
"in denial of what, hyung?"
 
"in denial that i was completely in love with you. but now i know i can't deny the truth. dongwoo, i'm in love with you."
 

sunggyu loves anything and everything that has to deal with dongwoo. he loves the way dongwoo laughs; it's like music to his ears. he loves the way dongwoo's always so happy and how dongwoo could immediately make him happy. he loves how jumpy and excited dongwoo is all the time. he loves the way dongwoo styles his hair and dresses. he loves how dongwoo looks at him with those sparkle in his eyes whenever the younger would see sunggyu, and sungyyu only, and how dongwoo calls him gyu gee gee. he loves dongwoo. 

and the thing he loves the most is the way he can't stop smiling when dongwoo says, "i'm kind of sort of hopelessly in love with you, too, hyung."  
 

sunggyu and dongwoo, obviously, end up becoming a couple. it wasn't official until one day, while they were cuddling on the couch watching tv as woohyun whines and covers his eyes ("get a room, puhlease. or just go out already") that dongwoo suddenly gets up and sprints to the kitcehn of sunggyu's apartment.

he brings out the lunchbox dongwoo had made sunggyu a month ago. sunggyu, eyes filled with confusion, tilts his head.
 
"dongwoo-ah, we can't eat that. it's too old."
 
"kekeke, hyung you're so cute. you thought there was actually food in here?"
 
sunggyu looked at him baffled, "yah then what else is in a lunch box?"
 
dongwoo shrugged, "since you didn't get to see what was inside the lunch box before, and--" a nervous cough from the younger, "since nothing is really official." dongwoo shoves the lunchbox into sunggyu's hand, a blush starting to form across his cheeks.
 
sunggyu smiles at how adorable his dino looks, and opens the lunchbox, with a note in it saying, "would you like to be my boyfriend? i'll actually make you a lunchbox this time ^^"
 
and sunggyu doesn't stop himself when he goes over and smacks the dino lightly on the arm, his face getting warmer by the second, before nodding his head eagerly.
 
"yes, jang dongwoo, i'd love to be your boyfriend. now how about some actual food in this lunchbox, huh?" 
 
and with that they spend there day laughing and smiling like there's no tomorrow.