Pilot

Threads of Life

 

~*Chapter 1*~

"Pilot"

1,

                                  2,

                                                                    3,

                                                                                                      4,

                                                                                                                                        5

 

Five seconds was all it took for me to leave this body. Five seconds was all it took for Park Eungi to disappear and leave this world.

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

 

"There's someone trapped underneath!"

People screamed and knocked on glass windows. Eungi's eyes flicked open. She stares wildly around. Many were shocked and dismayed at what laid in front of their eyes. A semi-truck had flipped while it was turning from the busy intersection to enter the even busier highway. Dazed, Eungi stood up and joined the masses of people staring at a truck. As she got closer, she realized that someone was trapped underneath the truck. The flashing of red and blue lights blinded her, as the vehicle came closer.

"Clear the way!" The latter obeyed and seperated, making a path for the medics, revealing distressed young woman was clutching the hand of the victim.

"It's alright, they're coming soon. They'll save you. Shhhh, it's fine, I'm here." She desperately cooed and the victim's hand.

"Ma'am, I need you to step away," one of the medics gently grabbed her shoulders and pulled her away. The young woman gave the hand a final squeeze before standing up. As she left the scene, Eungi moved closer. Underneath the semi-truck was a striking young woman, with long flowing brown hair and a heart-shaped face. Her fierce eyes were losing their ferocity as her breathing slowed. 

'Why does she look so familiar?' Eungi took a step closer and caught her reflection on one of the glass shards on the floor. The same long brown hair and the same fierce gaze. She let out a gasp. It was her. It was her underneath the truck. "How can that be? I'm here...and I'm there." Her view was blocked when a bystander also move closer to catch a glimpse of the scene.

"Excuse me," The man did not hear her. "Excuse me!" Eungi said slightly louder but the man or anyone else did not hear her voice. She had to push if she wanted to get through and she did. 

   A young man sitting on his black motorcycle across the street, regarded the scene with annoyance. A young brunette caught his eye as he was glancing around. The young woman was trying to get the attention of the man in front of her. Frustrated, she tried to pat him, only to have her hand go through the man. Her eyes widened, her jaw dropped. She looked around, and the young man pretended not to see her. As she turned back to the man in front her, the young man glanced back. She poked him again and again and each time she did, her eyes would widened. The young man chuckled in amusement. His phone vibrated in his pocket and he let out an exasperated sigh. He held the phone at his ear.

"Yoboseyo?" A loud screech emitted from the other side and he cringed. He held the phone further away from him, as his superior let out a string of profanities.

"Yah! What is this? What is this schedule mess up?" The other man yelled. The young man pinched the bridge of his nose.

"Jaesung-sunbaenim, calm down. It seems that a suicider tried crossed a busy intersection while a semi-truck was turning. The vehicle flipped, trapping a young woman underneath it." His superior let out another string of profanities. "Good news, the suicider survived and will die as planned, however the young woman is suffering from intensives wounds. I'm afraid that her hourglass cracked, spilling her life force...She may die today." After his statement, the young man quickly pushed the phone away from his ear.

"AISH, why couldn't that woman wait for three hours? She would have gotten her wish and died and we wouldn't have a messed-up schedule." He heard a tired sigh from the older man. "Jaejoong, you deal with the dying girl. She can't come up yet. It's not her time." Jaejoong was about to ask him how but heard the dial tone instead.

   During this time, Eungi had finally made up her mind and passed through the body of the man in front her. She whipped back and looked if she had hurt the man in any way. The man seemed to not feel anything. She glanced at her hands.

'Am I a ghost?" She whipped around at the sound of metal clicking. The medics had taken out the gurney and was rolling it toward the victim. With the help of other medics, firefighters and concerned civilians they managed to hold the 48 ton truck high enough for the medics to pull out the dying girl. They quickly and gently put her on the gurney and rushed her into the ambulance. Eungi quickly followed after them murmuring.

"Please save me."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

 

"Doctor, she lost too much blood! We have to resuscitate her." Eungi watched as nurses darted in and out. Tears were already rolling down her cheeks. Nurses dash around her lifeless body, handing the doctor whatever  instruments he needed.

"Stay with me, come on. Fight!" The doctor said whilst doing emergency CPR. The doctor glanced up the monitor and his face paled. He screamed at the nurse. "Hurry!" Eungi couldn't bear to watch her dying body anymore. She turned around and heard the doctor scream "CLEAR!" She closed her eyes and prayed. 'Save me. Let me live. Please let me live!' Silence descended upon them. She slowly turned around and silently cried. The doctor bit his lip back, to prevent him from lashing out. The nurses' eyes were slightly watery. The monitor let out a long beep.

"Park Eungi. Time of death, 13:30" 

   Eungi's head felt like it was splitting open. She held her hands on her head. A loud screech, like nails on blackboard, pierced her. She collapsed on the ground and curled up in pain, screaming. She twisted and turned as if to escape the pain. Then...everything stopped. The pain and the sound. Gone. Instead, darkness descended upon Eungi and she passed out.

   Jaejoong peaked in the hospital room, pity in his eyes. He looked down at the young brunette with tear stained cheeks. She was curled up on the cold, hard, granite floor. He bended and slowly picked her up in his arms. He walked out the room, glancing at her dead human body one final time. A old couple rushed in and passed through Jaejoong's body. He shivered. He still wasn't used to people going through him. A loud wail came from the room. He sighed and started down the hallway.

"Don't worry, you'll live again."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

 

   Eungi woke up with a massive headache. She look about, dazedly. She immediately sat up in surprised. As soon as she sat up, a wave of pain passed through her, and she yelped. She put her hands on . She wasn't in her room. She wasn't in the hospital. She got up and caught her reflection on the mirror hanging on the wall. She yelp and fell back. She wasn't Eungi anymore.

 

 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ 

A/N:

Please consider this as a preview xD

(The foreword explains everything)

This was originally a B.A.P fic but I needed a 'scheduler' (49 days LOL) and it couldn't be any of the BAP members so I used Jaejoong. Now, I don't know if Jae will be a main character now. DANG IT JAE, you'll probably change this entire fic. Oh yes, there's a plot twist in the end that I can't wait to write LOLOLOLTEASINGYOULOLOLOL