1/3

Did Not Happen

 

Let me tell you something. 

My class is like a family in a way.  Everybody knows everybody and we talked to one another.  Between second grade to now, we’ve been together.  Mostly every year, a new kid would join our class.  You were lucky enough to join our class because everyone can quickly adapt to our environment.  Then one day, Lee Taemin joined our class.  He was the first Asian to be in our class.  Lucky for him, the boys took him in and he made friends, including me.

After a week he was here, I decided to greet myself and from there, we began to be close.  Naturally, I began to like him more and more when I found out more about him.  But as Taemin’s feelings grew for me, my best friend Ara kind of ruined everything. 

The three of us hung out together and shared fun times with each other.  Little did I know that Taemin started to fall in love with my best friend, not me.

On Valentine’s Day, Ara had dropped the bomb.

I was all happy and positive minded until Ara came to my locker.

“Rose! Guess what!” Ara was all giddy.

“What?”

“Taemin asked me out!”

There it was those four words that crushed me damn hard.  I was too stupid to not expect this.  This always happened to me.  It always happened…

When I had become best friends with Ara, I slowly began to notice a pattern.  At first, I would like a guy and have a crush on them, and then when Ara bumps in, the crush would notice her and like her.  At the end, they go out.

I relaxed myself and pretend as if nothing was wrong but this time clearly I was not.  In fact, I really hate it when that happens.

As their relationship was going on, Taemin and I grew father apart.  We did not hang out like before and he did not even talk to me occasionally anymore.  In school, he would try to have a conversation but I pulled away.  The more I talk to him, the more I like him.  I get easily lost in his words.  I don’t want to like him because I do not want to hurt my best friend.

But I almost did… almost.