I miss you Oppa

I will make you suffer , Even if it hurts me more

 

Hye Rin and In Su were identical twins. They shared a special bond since the day they saw the first sunlight, people said the siblings can't live one without the other. The two were born to a middle class loving family. They had a normal childhood till the age of 11 when Mrs Oh died after a short but strong battle with an incurable disease. Their father started to drink , neglecting everything, house, work, himself even the little ones that he loved so much. He was fiered from his job and 4 months later the police found him frozen in the park. It seems he was to drunk and once he got into the snow there was no chance for him because he could not get up. That day Rin and In Su become orphans. And if that wasn't enough the bank sold their house so they end up in a small one room apartment with his father's aunt. Moving from their home, without money, without their parents and with an aunt too old and ill to provide them the food to survive made In Su  drop school and search for work.
 
 
 
The next summer the 84 year old woman died leaving them once again on their own.
That summer was the worst. There were days when the boy starved just to give a slice of bread to his sister. For 3 years he worked 4 jobs to provide everything for bouth of them until he meet an old man. 
The last one was dressed as a poor man and he was selling flowers on the street. The twins always helped him, that was easy they both had part time jobs at the restaurant nearby. Every night after their shift ended they could eat the  unordered food. It wasn't much but they managed even to put something apart to give it to the poor man next morning, less they  knew the old man was in fact the CEO of the " Garden and flowers" enterprise. The biggest in the country ( in that domain I mean). His name was Lee Dong Ho. It was the night before Christmas when Mr Lee invited the twins to have diner with him. When the siblings arrieved at the address they were confused. A big white mansion with a huge garden was behind the fence.
 
A butler opened the gates and told them to follow him. At the mansion door Mr Lee now dresed in an expensiv disign suit was waiting for them. 
 
" Welcome home, kids!"
 
" What is the meaning of all this?" the boy asked , the teenagers were obviosly shoked.
 
" Come in. It's freezing here , and I will explain to you." they nodded and followed the 2 men.
The house was luxurious , with mrble floors and big windows. It was a combination between a clasic and modern house. 
The entrance was followed by a hallway and a big living room with stairs to the first floor. A  Christmas Tree was waiting to be decorated near the window.  Big and small boxes were all over the living room. The only place "cleaned" was the fire place area. " Please have a sit."
 There were leather coutches so expensiv that the 2 at first hasitated to sit down.
"  I know I lied to you, but before you say anything please lisen to me." Mr Lee said looking straight into In Su's eyes. He knew the boy was the one who decides everything.
 
" I did that to learn your trust, to make you confortable in my presence. The true is  your father worked for me, but he was a good friend too. I was out of the country for half an year and when I came back I found out the manager fiered him and he was allready dead. I felt terable, he never asked for my help , he was a good man ,always trying to rezolv his problems without asking for help. The next day I went to your home, but it was allready sold. I bought it 2 years after from the new owner so now if you want you can go there. I searched for you 2 but no one  knew what happened to the children. It took me almost 4 years and 5 different detectives to finally find you. I start the paper work before I went to see you and now it's done. You are officeally the Lee hairs. I know you are mad or angry and you have all the rights but after meeting you and knowing you two I know I took the best decision in my life."
 
The siblings were speachless trying to process all the information. It was true they were angry because the older man( that was 59 by the way) lied to them but they allready loved him like a grandfather so they accepted his offer. After the dinner they helped him decorate the Christmas tree and all the house. It was almost midnight when they finished all the work and they were exausted. The butler took them upstairs showing them their room. Yes it was a huge room with 2 beds, 2 desks, 2 of everything. They never staied in separate rooms and Mr Lee knew that. The twins soon felt asleep. The hollidays were the best of their life. That year In Su was schooled at home and soon learned everything that he nedded  so in march he could attend the same classes as Rin. Even if they were now rich they attended the same public school that Rin went till then.
 
Almost 4 years  passed since that Christmas and they were now preparing for their birthday party. In Su became a basketball player, he was handsome, inteligent, well manered and most of the girls in the high school were his fans. Rin became a beautifull lady, she didn't like to call herself a queenka , even the others students refer to here like one. She was kind and frendly with everyone, and her smile brought happiness even to the sadest persons. The girl was the sunshine everywhere she went, that was how In Su nicknamed her and everyone called Rin like that almost forgeting her  real name. She was interested in design and quite talented at it. The twins devided their chores . In Su will became the CEO of the company and she will be the designer. They were happy but that happines will not last for long. In fact 4 months after their party , Rin's world will colaps around her.
 
 
 
It was  raining outside but that didn't matter for In Su he was to exited to show his new car to Rin. She was in the states for 2 months ,some design project, her plane will land tonight and he wanted to be the one to wait for her and take his sunshine home. He was proud he got his driver licence. 
" You should stay , let the driver take her home." Mr Lee said with worry in his voice.
 
" Don't be that way Haraboji. You know how much I missed her." In Su replied and it was true they missed each other so much , this was the first time they were apart. For him the 2 months were like years , he couldn't wait to hug his lil sunshine and squeeze her cheeks like he always did.
The old man nodded and waved goodbye to his grandson. Little he know that was the last time he will see In Su alive.
 "Aish. What's taking so long?" the boy was constantly checking his watch. The plain was delayed because of the weather conditions.
Half an hour later he could see his preacious sister coming from the gateway. I big smile formed on her face as soon as she saw him Rin runned to his arms. In Su huged her tight and spoon the girl around. 
 
" Oppa you make me dizzy." The girl kissed In Su's cheek. He was only half an hour older then her but she always called him oppa and he loved it. Somehow he felt much older and able to protect her. In fact the last part was true too , In Su was tall 6'' 1 and well build almost twice the size of his thin twin. She felt like a snowflag in his strong arms. In one hand he took her suitcase and with the other he hold thight his sister hand. 
 
"  Oppa you are not going to lose me!" she said smiling and he smiled back, but something from inside  told him to keep her close. He didn't know why he felt that way.
 
" Surprise!" he said when he opened the door of his black mercedes cls
 
" Omo is that yours?" she said surprised
 
" Come my princess."  and he bowed like the genthelman he was.
 
 
 
They were  smiling and laughing, talking about her experience in the state. It  was raining heavily now and the visibility was reduced, but he was a good driver and he didn't though something bead will happen. The next moment a LOUD bang could be heard and their car flipped two full times in midair before landing on his wheels. It was dark , it was cold, it was raining and smoke came from the other car that was upside down .The impact was violent, even if In Su drived safety the other driver had probably 200 km hour, add that with the weather condition and the tragedy was iminent. A strong light and loud noise woke Rin.  A strange man dressed in a firefighter uniform was talking to her.Everyone was yelling and the sounds and lights from the police, firefighter and ambulance cars made things worse. So worse she could not understand a thing. A strong pain overwhelmed her, she felt something wet on her face. She wiped it with her hand but more was coming down.Then Rin realised it was blood and she was badly injured on her head. The girl had an opened wound on her right arm and her entire body was hurting. The man was still talking to her but she could only blink with her widened big brown eyes. It seemed she forgot how to speak. Then....then she remembered the accident. Rin wanted to turn around because In Su didn't make a sound, but her body was paralyzed with fear.Maybe he fainted, maybe he was in shock like her, maybe....but her heart told her something was wrong, way wrong. Finally she turned when  In Su said something, but his voice was so low that she could not understand. When Rin looked at her oppa she realised he was in bead shape. They were trapped in the car and the firefighter from In Su part put a coler onto the boys neck and bent him slowly into Rin's direction. Now he had his head on her lap and she tried to make him as confortable as she could, ignoring her pain.
  The firefighter put some kind of blanket to cover them and started to cut the car schelet. Someone gived Rin a small flashlight that she could hold with a big efort because of her injured arm. With the other hand she was carresing In Su's cheek . His face was so pale and his eyes were wide opened, looking straight at her. He was scared and she could tell. Then his face looked peacefull like he knew what is going to happen and he accepted it. He took her hand and tears began to roll on his face.
"Sunshine, my little Sunshine. Please forgive your Oppa. Please forgive me I will not be able to be there for you when yo will need me. Forgive me I could not keep my promise to protect you." He was talking like a man who could feel his end geting closer.
" Oppa, pls don't talk like that. You will be here to see me in the white dress , to see my children grow... "she was now sobbing 
In Su tached her cheek." Promise me you will be strong, pls promise me you will not lose your beautiful smile and you will be happy." She nodded unable to think how she could do that if something would happen to him.
" Ani, ani you will be fine." Rin tried to convince bouth of them but she knew it was a lie. Her heart felt like it was beeing stabed by a hurndret knives.
" I love you sunshine. When you will feel alone look at the stars, we will watch over you. Be happy for bouth of us. Don't change sunsine, no matter what remain my little angel"
 
" I love you 2 oppa!" A trail of blood was forming in the corner of his lips. He had internal hemorargy and now the blood spread everywhere. He coughed a few times after he looked at her, a last tear, a last hand hold , a last look , a last smile and a last " I love you sunshine, Be happy my lil angel" and he closed his eyes forever. His hand hold broke. For a few seconds Rin thought he was sleeping. Then the bigest pain she ever felt, hit her. The girl's heart was going to jump from her chest
.
" Oppa open your eyes, Oppa don't leave me alone, please Oppa , pls don't leave me alone" The people outside the car could hear her and they got tears to their eyes. Her vision was blurred by now but Rin could kiss his forehead and say a fainth " I love you oppa! I will never forget you! Pls watch over me!" before she was pulled out of the car. Seeing him alone and his lifeless body  on  the front seats was to much for her and she lost her conscious.
 
 
 
She woke up 2 weeks later in a hospital bed with all kinds of wires attached to her. The girl moved her injured arm but the pain was to much to bear so she diceded to keep it still. Seojin had bandages on her head and it took her a few seconds before she could see clearly.
" What hapened?" she asked her grandfather who was sleeping on the armchair that was near her bed.
 The older man opened his eyes. Before he could say anything she asked about her brother.
" Where is In Su? Where is my Oppa? Why is he not here with me?" "Mr Lee" a nurse said when she entered the room.
 
" Call the doctor. Now!" Mr Lee raised his voice and Rin knew something is not right. She pulled off all the wires that connected her to the life  support machines. The girl  took off of her the iv with a hard move, blood was running on her arm. She stood up " Where is Oppa?" Rin yelled trying to get out from her grandfather's arms , who hugged her tight in an atempt to confort her. A sharp pain traveled through her entire body. She remember and tears were running down her face. She looked into her grandfather's eyes. Mr Lee shooked his head No like he knew what she was going to ask. The doctor and 2 nurses rushed in. The old man let go of his granddaughter but he regreted the next second when her trembeling legs failed to support her body weight and she hit hard the floor with her knees. Rin was crying, sobbing, apparently the girl was in her own world trying to block her in with In Su's memory. She missed him so much.
" I want to see him!" she yelled
 
" I'm sorry but you woke up after 2 weeks....."
 
" That means you already buried him?" Rin yelled again , this time louder
Her grandfather felt his heart struggling and tears went down his face.
She stood up, almost jumping on her place, ignoring the excruciating pain.
 
" You are telling me you buried him without giving me a chance to say goodbye? To see him for one last time?" She was almost isteric by now but everyone undestood.
Finally she was restrained on the bed and she cried untill the calmant made his efect and she felt asleep.
 
 
 
 
3 weeks went by and she was released from the hospital. This was her first night at home. She didn't know how she will face it, how she could get into their room, seeing his bed empty less she could imagine how she would face her life without him.
" Sunshine, we prepared another room" Mr Lee said. They were in the living room, having dinner, her favorite food but she was absent again, she lost her appetite and she got so thin that her life was in danger, but she didn't mind. The doctors had to put her on iv's 3 times a week to make sure she will get the nutrients her body needed. Anyone who can see could tell she was lost. The girl lost her smile, her joy of life, her heart, she was practicaly dead inside.
" I'm done, I'll leave first." She stood up and went to the stairs. Every step Rin took was paintfull and when she got in front of their room she took a deep breath and stood there for a few minutes before she went in and loked the door behind her. The room was covered in darkness , only the moon light made it thru the windows. Rin walked with baby steps to his bed but the girl stoped when she saw something on her desk. It was a note on top of a small box. " to my little sunshine" Always keep your smile beacause I'm here with you." She opened the little box and saw a necklace with a loker pandand. Inside it was the picture they took on their 18 th birthday party. They were happy. On the back of it was an inscription, " Be happy my lil angel. Oppa loves you." A little smile creaped on her face and she felt a little relived but this feeling will not last for long.
 
 
Outside was raining again , and a thunder scared her. Images from the accident rolled in her mind. She felt a big dizzy and went to In Su's bed. She crawled into the fetal position hugging the big panda bear that he gived her on their last birthday. 
Somehow she hopped this was a nightmare and she will woke up soon, finding him near her smiling like he always did. 
She had all kinds of feelings, she felt guilty because she came back home that day, she felt anger, she felt helpless and most of all she felt a deep hate for the man who was responsible for her brother lost.
 
 
 
 
 
The girl could not sleep and the next day she went to the cementery to visit In Su. She brought him a white rose , their favorite flower.
She missed him more then ever. They started their life like one, became 2 and grow up like a whole. Now he was dead and part of her died with him that night. When she read the name on the white stone and looked at the picture near it she knelt. Rin was crying uncontrollably, gasping for air. Her heart felt like a stone and the pain was so big that if she could she would rip it off of her chest. She laid down on the grass with her hands covering her face. 
 
Rin tried to remember all the moments when they were kids and she got scared at night. In Su took her into his bed and hugged her thin body, conforting her until she fall asleep. He was her father, her mother, her brother and her best friend, in one word he  was her world and she lost him. He will not be able to see her in the white dress, he will not be able to see his nephews , he always , he wanted to be a young uncle, he will not be able to kiss her forehead late at night or early in the morning.
" Oppa, I miss you so much. Who is going to sing to me in front of the fire place? Who is going to calm me down when I have a nightmare? Who is going to brush my hair everytime I will not get it the way I want?  Who is going to scold me when I'm wrong or make me smile when I'm sad? Who will love and protect me?"
No one answered her qwestions. She would give anything to have him back but that was impossible. Rin stood like that for hours not minding about the people who went by her. Some pitied her some thought she was crazy. It was almost dark when she felt a hand on her sholder. The girl was exausted because she cried until not a single  tear excaped her red swollen eyes.
 
" It's time to go home, darling." Mr Lee said. He was sad , unabel to confort Rin. He felt guilty.
The girl nodded and stood up. She look for the last time at her borther's resting place. 
 
" Good night oppa. I will visit you everyday! I promise I will  make the other driver pay even if that is the last thing I will do before I will  me you again."
 
Mr Lee looked at her worried, he knew he lost his inocent granddaughter.
What will happen to his beautifull angel? 
 
 
 
 
.....................................................................................................................................................................
 
 
comments are welcomed. Thank you for reading :)