That Childhood Memory

Second Confession ~ H I A T U S

Your POV



"Unnie, I heard from Minwoo oppa that BTOB will be having a vacation next week here in Jeju." Raim said while helping me hanging the blankets I finished embroidering. Those are the blankets from the hotel.

"How did you know?" I look at her. Amused.

"Aigoo, I said Minwoo oppa told me! He said that BTOB booked a reservation for next week, and they're staying here for two weeks!" she clapped her hands. Minwoo is our cousin working at the resort.

"So...?" I raised my brows.

"Can...can I go there? I want to see Sungjae oppa." Raim showed up her puppy eyes in front of me.

I hissed.

"You can't. Kids are not allowed around that area. Especially I'm working there too." I pick up the empty basket and walk away from her. But Raim blocked my way.

"Yah, unnie! I'm not a kid anymore. I'm already ten years old. I promise I'll behave when I go there. And besides...you're a head chef there right? Why don't you grant your sister's little favor?" she pouted her lips.

I chuckled.

"Let me see your grades first before I decide." I said.

Raim shrugged.

"Of course unnie, my grades are as high as the buildings of Seoul. Sungjae oppa is the reason why I'm keeping up the good work in school." she said proudly.

"Oh really? Well then. Since I believe you, okay, you can go with me at the resort."

"Jinjja? Thank you unnie!" Raim embraced me. After that, she ran to the house, squealing.

I smirked while seeing Raim tripping around like a five-year old kid. I turn around and stare at the beautiful clear waters of Jeju.

After the long wait. I'll be seeing you again...

 





Author's POV



"Yay! The grand vacation I've been waiting for. So, who's excited?" Eunkwang was tripping around the living room while holding a slice of watermelon and holding his duck stuff toy on his left arm. He just finished packing his things even the trip is still four days from now.

Everyone raised their hands except Peniel. Minhyuk tapped him.

"Yah, Peniel, aren't you excited? This is your first time going to Jeju right?" he said.

"I...I guess so." everyone look at him.

"What do you mean 'i guess so'?" Sungjae asked.

"I don't know but I feel like I've been gone there before." Peniel sighed.

"How come? You grew up in Chicago right?" Sungjae asked again.

His head suddenly ached.

"Are you okay?"

"I'm okay, it's just a mild headache." Peniel said.

"Aigoo, I think you should take a rest. We've gone through rushed promotions these past few weeks. It's really tiring that's why we need to relax." Eunkwang said.

But in the back of Peniel's mind, he still keep on thinking.

Why do I have this feeling that I left someone there...

 





Your POV


"You're still keep thinking of that kid, aren't you?" I was startled when halmoni suddenly appeared beside me. I was in the balcony that time. I look up to the sky. It was a starry night.

"Halmoni, do you think he will still recognize me?" I asked.

My grandma chuckled.

"But I know he will never forget my special crab soup." she laughed.

I lean on her shoulder.

"I missed him so much halmoni."

She gently tapped my back.

"I know my child. But it was one and a half decade ago. You still feel that way?" she asked.

"He promised me that he'll be back." I sighed.

"Unnie~!" we both turn around when we heard Raim screaming. She approach us.

"Unnie..." she said while catching her breath.

"Why? Is there something wrong? Why are you screaming?"

Raim shook her head.

"T-they will arrive tomorrow! I heard from one of the guests at the hotel. Even the suites are all occupied. Their fans found out that BTOB will come here." she pouted her lips.

My heart skipped. I look at halmoni. She smiled at me.

"I'll just leave the two of you for a while." halmoni said before leaving. Raim continued talking.

"I guess I can't see Sungjae oppa... It will be crowded over there for sure." she frowned.

"So you went to the resort without my permission?" I ask.

"Sorry unnie, I just went there because of Minwoo oppa. I brought the last blanket you forgot yesterday... I didn't mean to listen to the guests' conversation." she look down.

"It's okay. I'm not mad. But you said that there's a lot of guests at the resort right? I'll be very busy tomorrow. Promise me that you'll behave." I gently caressed her hair.

"Yes unnie. I will." she smiled back at me.

 





Peniel's POV



The place, the coast, the cold breeze, everything seems familiar.

I shook my head.

"Peniel hyung, is there any problem? You look pale since we came." Sungjae said.

"Uh...jetlag?" I said. But Sungjae laugh instead.

"Jetlag? C'mon, it's just a short trip all the way from Seoul. Aigoo, this is life." he stretched his arms and took a deep breath.

I lay down on the bed, and spread my arms.

"Yah, you're not going down with me? The others will have a lunch in the restaurant." Sungjae asked.

I closed my eyes.

"I think I'll just go down once I feel hungry. I want to sleep for a while."

"Okay. If you say so. I'll go ahead." Not after a while, Sungjae left.  I fell asleep...


"What are you doing?" I saw a girl playing with sand on the shore. I think she's around ten years old or younger than me. She turn her head.

"I'm making a sand castle. You want to try it too?" a friendly smile showed up on her face.

My eyes widened.

"C-can I make one too?" I asked.

"Sure." she gave me that little shovel. I sat in front of her as she tries to build the sand castle.

"You have a sand on your chin." I quickly wipe it off.

She stared at me.

"Thank you." a sweet smile showed up again on her pretty face.

I was stunned, and startled when suddenly the waves washed up the sand castle we're making. We laughed in unison.

"By the way, I'm Peniel. And you are?" I look at her, but her face suddenly fade away.

"Hey!" But when I tried to reach on her, she disappeared like a sand being blown by the wind...

 

"Huh!" I almost catch my breath.

I realized I'm still at the hotel suite. Alone

So, it's just a dream. But who is she?

But my head suddenly ached.