quiet love.

Quiet Love

Daehyun, for the fifth time already, released an awfully bored groan. His hands were tucked inside his pockets, whilst his legs freely rested at the top of the table. He didn't care whether or not the librarian would make him leave the library for his actions, he actually wishes for this to happen.

He was listening to songs on his phone. As he heard the door open, he took off his headphones for a while.

"Good afternoon, ahjumma." It was a girl's voice. She was conversing with the formerly moody librarian, who seems to be happy now thanks to the girl.

After finished talking, Daehyun could hear her footsteps coming closer. He immediately put on his headphones again, acting as if he didn't hear her coming. He set his gaze to the window, where he could see his own friends having fun.

"Jung Daehyun," Daehyun turned around to face her.

"Kwon Suji." He responded, not taking off his headphones.

Thinking this was very rude of him, Suji slightly frowned. Daehyun heard her sigh frustratedly.

Suji wore a white cardigan, and underneath it was a light pink dress that lengths to her knees. She had black, simple mary janes and black-rimmed glasses. Suji was hugging her books to her chest. For short, Daehyun thought she was a complete nerd.

"Let's get this over with," Suji placed her books on the table, still frowning. She only stared at Daehyun's feet. "but first, please sit properly."

Daehyun groaned and rolled his eyes. He lazily took his feet back to the floor. "Whatever." Daehyun muttered, which Suji heard.

Suji was annoyed at this guy, for his lack of manners and for being so careless. She knew it from the start; he was definitely not the studying type. Just his appearance described everything about him.

She noticed his headphones. Suji, once again, sighed. She looked away and her eyes landed on the book shelves.

Daehyun slightly tilted his head. "What?" He asked, purposely sounding to be mean to her.

"I'd appreciate it if you took off your headphones." Suji muttered. She was almost unhearable.

Daehyun mentally slapped his face. Well, this is going to be very long, he thought.

A minute felt like an hour for Daehyun. He always kept glancing at the clock, and Suji always notices this. She would mumble things that Daehyun doesn't even know, and had a cold expression on her face.

Her habit was really annoying, Daehyun thought. She would've just told him to listen and not get distracted at other things. But if she does say that, Daehyun has a pretty good reason to talk back.

He never wanted to have Suji as a tutor, nor did he even agree to this. This was all thanks to that damn principal, who says this is punishment for what he did wrong. For some reason, Daehyun felt like he was being treated as a kid, or something. And he does not want to be treated so lightly.

The clock ticked again and again. This is really getting his on nerves. Damn, he just wants to get away from this place and do whatever he wants. There's no point to this punishment, this can't teach him anything.

Noticing his expression turn darker, Suji's lips fell into a frown. She looked at her notebook and was telling herself not to be distracted, but it was too late. A sigh escaped her lips, and she found herself scribbling on a scratch of her notebook.

She passed the paper to Daehyun, who raised a brow on her. Suji bit her lower lip and avoided his gaze.

Daehyun lowered his sight at the paper.

There was a little drawing of a girl, who looks like she's encouraging him, or something. And beside the poorly drawn stick figure was a message,

'this will end soon, i promise.'

For some reason, Daehyun chuckled at her silly message. His action made Suji fluster in embarrassment, pushing up her glasses again and again. She was a bit curious of how his expression would be now.

Suji slowly looked up, only to find him smiling at her. He once again chuckled, which Suji thought was the cutest thing she ever heard.

Daehyun quickly wrote something on the paper, and handed it back to her.

Beside her own message, was a speech bubble. Inside it were words written by Daehyun,

'thanks.'

It was just a simple, one word. But she didn't understand why it made her heart skip a little bit faster, and her lips curving into a tiny, but gleeful smile. Suji felt her cheeks burning up a bit, and found herself blushing over his little message.

On the corner of her eye, she took a small peek at him.

Daehyun was, unexpectedly, writing on his notebook whilst reading the textbook next to it. He had a serious expression on his face, but there was a hint of happiness in his eyes.

Suji quietly giggled to herself, continuing her work.

He glanced at her and smiled a little.

An hour had passed, and it actually felt like a minute for them. They would steal glances at each other and chuckle, as if they were telling jokes. But words weren't needed for them to understand each other.

As the clock struck 4pm, the two secretly sighed to each other. To be honest, they never wanted this to end, just yet.

Suji gathered her books, pushing up her glasses. She bit her lower lip and looked down on the floor, her fingers entwined to each other.

"Um, so.." She shyly said, not really knowing what to say.

Daehyun rubbed the back of his neck, gaze floating everywhere but to Suji. He was very embarrassed, her seeing him act like that. Daehyun was a cool guy, he wasn't the type to get flustered and smile freely.

"I'll see you around." Suji finally said, somehow feeling a little akward. She grabbed all her books, hugging them with her arm.

She turned around to leave, but was stopped when Daehyun grabbed her wrist.

Daehyun felt his face turn red. He noticed how she had a very small wrist, and thought it was kind of cute.

Suji looked at him, puzzled. She looked at her hand. "Daehyun..?"

And in just a second, she was swiftly pulled into a warm hug. Daehyun's arms were wrapped around her upper waist. She felt embarrassed, but loved it anyways.

"Don't leave me." He whispered to her ear. His husky voice gave her goosebumps, and butterflies on her stomach.

Giggling, Suji responded back to his hug.

After a few seconds, Daehyun broke the hug and softly pecked Suji's lips. It was an innocent, small kiss. Just like their love for each other.

"I love you." Daehyun said, a smile on his face.