Chapter 2

Nadia

 

 

18 Hours Ago...

 

Hyung Jun stood in front of the elevators, waiting for his partner to arrive. He was dressed sharply in a tailored black suit and ivory dress shirt. Ignoring the stares of the ladies passing him, he shifted from foot to foot and glanced at his watch again. "Aish this girl," he muttered. Three years on the job, and she still liked to do everything at the last minute. 

Then just as he was about to press the button and go ahead, she finally rounded the corner. He relaxed a little at seeing her. Looking at her did that to you. She looked calm and in control, not a hair out of place, and she exuded a comfortable confidence, so different from the frazzled reporters who'd been pushing their way into the elevators all night long. Her pale pink evening dress complimented her eyes, and she smiled as she neared him. 

"Yah. Don't you know what time it is? Do you know how long I've been standing here?" Hyung Jun complained. 
He couldn't hold his frown for long, though, and he broke out into a smile. The excitement for the evening was getting to him, and he couldn't wait to get started. 

"Mian," Jin Kyoung said, not looking sorry at all. She walked over to the elevator and pressed the button. The doors slid open, and she stepped in. "At least there's no more line." 

 

 

The line into the conference room was long, and Hyung Jun found himself tapping his foot impatiently and wishing he'd grabbed some crackers before heading out. He stole a glance at Jin Kyoung to see how she was faring and wasn't surprised at what he saw. She stood there, head tilted a little to the side, calmly surveying the rest of the crowd. From time to time she'd pat her clutch, but the gesture was more absent minded than impatient. Jin Kyoung looked at him. "Wae?" 

"Ahniya. You're just always so calm. I'd like to see you get harried just once." 

She smirked. "Hmm." She pulled a small bag of Ace crackers out of her clutch and handed it to Hyung Jun. "Here. I figured you'd need it." 

He tore into the package eagerly and munched on its contents as they slowly made their way through the doors. The ballroom was strategically lit with soft lights all around, showing the tables filling the room. They made their way to their table, and Hyung Jun raised his eyes excitedly to the stage. In a few minutes, they'd be doing what he loved best.

"Over here," Jin Kyoung motioned at their table as she bowed to several of the other reporters. "Ah! Park Jin Kyoung-ssi!" One of the more senior reporters smiled at her. "Can we expect some more hard hitting questions? Another revealing investigative article, maybe?" His coworkers looked as eager and excited as he did. "You flatter me, Mr. Choi. Enjoy your night," Jin Kyoung gave another smooth bow and smiled, ending her noncomittal statement. Mr. Choi waved and moved on to his table. "Well, you handled that nicely," Hyung Jun commented as he came up beside her. "Although, they should expect those investigative articles every time now." 
Jin Kyoung merely shrugged. "It's nice to keep people guessing."