Baby

My First Love

 

Junhong was utterly shocked with what I said. I didn't want to look at him though. I didn't want to see him lie for me again so I'd think I didn't hurt him.
He was doing it to help me save my face...

"I know you know what happened last night." I held unto him and encircled my arms tighter over his shoulders. "Junhong, I-I think I like you too."

"What are you talking about..." 

"Yah!!!" I hit his shoulder for trying to act again.

"Okay, okay...ouch, you didn't have to hit me." He finally returned my affection by hugging me back.

"I'm going to look like a loser right now but...Junhong, I am. And I know you know that. I've never have someone confess to me like that. You babo...what do you expect me to do!! You closed your eyes and think I'm going to give you a kiss? Do I look that easy to you?!" I blurted out as I cried more. Oh god.

"Baby, it's not that. I just...when I looked at you..."

"Don't call me baby! I am not your baby!!"

He only laughed and continued, "I just really wanted to kiss you. But the hug was even better. It's not the kind of 'I'm sorry, I don't love you.' but the 'I'm sorry, I'm too shy to tell you yet' kind. I knew you have a crush on me too :)"

I scoffed. But I didn't have a comeback for that. I knew he was saying the truth. Thinking now, I've always wanted to hug him like this. I was only afraid of what people would think...I was afraid what he would think of it. I've always wanted to text him goodnight every night...but I thought it would be too much for /friends/. I've always thought how he looks hot in our gym class and how handsome he is every morning and oh, how he looks cool with his stupid skateboard...I've always wanted to hold hands with him as we go home because I feel better that way... 

My fear for liking someone pushed those thoughts away and forced me to keep everything to myself.

"I've told you about my fear of loving right? How I don't want to fall in love ever?" My voice was faint but I'm sure he heard me. I'm sure he knows everything about me...

He was carressing my back as he nodded.

"I really don't want to fall in love so what do I do now..." I mumbled. I really didn't make any sense but everything doesn't make sense now. I turned my face and rested my head against his chest. "I want to be friends but I l...I love you...and I thought how much I wanted to kiss you last night too but I stopped because I don't know...I was afraid maybe you were just joking or maybe this is something that might not last long. I'm afraid of you..."

"I'm not going to change...Ms. Our-friendship-is-really-sincere." He held me by my shoulders and looked at me in the eye. "We're still friends...only, from now on since we clearly love each other more than that, we get to go on dates, also cuddle and maybe someday kiss...and then you know..." I held my hand to stop him from saying more. He chuckled and held my hand to his lips. "But I'll wait. At least now you've told me about your feelings...the wait won't hurt as much."

"You're cheesy..."

"You started it..."

We stared at each other. But this time, I wasn't afraid he'd discover more of me.
In fact, I'm glad he's the one who knows about my feelings now...and of course, he made me see it too.

I don't know when I started liking him.

I don't know how he started liking me too.

But what I know is I really do...and I'm sure of it now especially with him kissing me like this.

Love may be quite a burden but this doesn't compare to the contentment it could give you when you have that right person with you...

We stopped kissing to breathe and he smiled at me. "I wasn't really drunk last night you know..."

I didn't care was what I wanted to say but it came out in the form of lips crashing against each other again. He took over and his tongue searched for mine as he pulled me closer to him. I was holding unto him, fearing I might collapse from the intensity of the kiss.

It was my first kiss...and I wanted to enjoy it as much as I can however, after all this, we have loads of work waiting for us...

"We need...to...study......for....exams..." I managed to say in between kisses.

He chuckled as he started planting kisses on my cheeks, down to my neck and shoulders. "Hmmm, I'm good with studying...as long as we get to do this in breaks..."

I slapped him playfully on the face.

 


 

THE END