기대 (Hope)

Like My Heart

 

As Suwha woke up she found herself lying in soft bed sheets. Her head was resting on a fluffy feather pillow. There was a smell of herbs and medicine in the air. She knew that smell. She had been treated here before. She opened her eyes. White light shone in her face. Suwha had a look around. The healing house was brightly lid. Nurses were scattered here and there treating other children. Her eyes wandered down her bed. Her hands were bandaged and her feet were wrapped in green leaves. It looked quite odd, but Suwha couldn’t remember ever feeling healthier. A little nurse appeared at her bed, smiling at her. “Finally you are awake. Are you feeling fine?” Suwha nodded but then she tried to remember how she even got here. “What happened last night?” she asked the nurse eagerly. “Last night? Sweetie, you have been in my care for three days.” Suwha wrinkled her eyebrows in wonder. “Maybe you should go back to rest.” Before Suwha could protest, another nurse handed her a little letter. “What is this?” The little nurse asked. “It’s a letter from master Jonghung.” She answered and left again. Suwha ripped open the envelope, curious about reading her master’s words.


Suwha,
I hope you’re feeling better these days.The condition you were in when I found you, gave me little hope for your recovery. Fortunately the nurses were able to treat you. As much as I want you to rest, I want to speak with you. Meet me by the church at noon. I hope you can make it.
Master Jonghung

Suwha dropped the letter and jumped out of bed. The nurses were startled and looked after her with a clueless look. Suwha ran out of the healing house and towards the little hill. The leaves slowly came off of her feet and scattered on the ground behind her. The sun was almost directly above her. She wandered up the little stone path to the church.

As she reached the top, she spotted master Jonghung sitting on the ground, facing the slope of the hill. Quietly she sat down beside him and folded her legs. “Suwha.” He said. He hadn’t opened his eyes. “Good morning master. It didn’t mean to disturb you.” He opened his eyes. He turned his head and looked at her with a smile. “I’m always happy to have your company. Did you get my letter?” Suwha nodded. “Have your treatments been effective?” Suwha peeled of the last leaf that was still on her foot. “Yes, master. I don’t feel any pain anymore.” Her master once again smiled and closed his eyes again. “I’m glad you’ve made it back.” Suwha still had problems remembering what happened that one night three days ago. She had the image of shattered pieces in front of her eyes. Then she remembered the red eyes in the dark. The blows she had taken in. The scream she had heard. “I was attacked by dark shadows.” Jonghung turned to her. “It was like I fell into one of my nightmares. Master, do you know of those shadows?” Master Jonghung sighed and scratched his forehead. “They belong to the temple in the west. They attack everyone who gets too close to their territory. That’s why I don’t want any of you children to leave our temple. I want to protect you.” Suwha didn’t understand. “But we were headed east.” Jonghung thought about it for a moment. “Maybe you got off the right road. It is hard to find orientation in these vast landscapes.” Suwha nodded and lowered her head. “So my nightmare became reality after all.” Jonghung shook his head. “No, dear one. You woke up. You survived. Isn’t that all that matters?” “But I lost the dagger, the reason for our quest. I broke it. It was foolish of me to think I could succeed.” To her surprise, master Jonghung laughed out loud. “Oh, that very old rubbish. I was wondering when it would break.” Suwha widened her eyes. “Wh..what? I don’t understand.” She asked in disbelief. Jonghung explained to her. “To retrieve this dagger has never been your quest. Can you guess what it was?” Suwha immediately shook her head. “Trust, Suwha.” He said slowly. “You have returned having made a new friend, haven’t you? You've learnt to trust each other..help each other..and face all the dangers. Together.
That has been the real quest I have given to you.”

“Friend?” Suwha said without meaning to. Then she remembered. She remembered that night she had been resting over his cold body. The night she had heard his scream piercing through the air. She remembered his laugh. His smile. His eyes. She remembered everything. “Youngjae.” She gasped. She turned to her master. “Where is he?” she asked him eagerly. But master Jonghung didn’t answer. Instead he pointed at the little locket Suwha was wearing around her neck. “Remember when I gave it to you?” Suwha nodded hesitantly. She couldn’t remember putting it on again. “I gave it to your nurse, so that she could place it around your neck.” Suwha smiled. “Thank you.” Jonghung coughed. “I thought it might help your recovery. I know how much it means to you. But I have never told you where I got it from.” Suwha listened carefully straining her ears. “Suwha, that golden locket belonged to Youngjae’s parents. It was given to me along with their little baby after they died.” Suwha gasped. “This was from Youngjae’s parents? Then why do I have it?” Jonghung smiled. “I was hoping Youngjae would take it but it reminded him too much of his parents. He wanted to forget. I didn’t know what to do with it so I gave it to you. The little girl that needed something to distract her from her nightmares. I only wished to protect you.” Suwha’s eyes welled up. “Youngjae refused a gift from his parents?” Jonghung nodded sadly. Suwha gasped and a tear escaped her eyes. She took a deep breath. “Master, where is he?” Jonghung was about to answer her as his eyes wandered up behind Suwha’s head. A smile spread on his face. Suwha turned around.

From the little path up to the church came a boy with a white bandage wrapped around his chest. Suwha’s heart stopped for a moment. She couldn’t help but cry. Tears were uncontrollably running down her cheeks. She had never felt happier to see him. He lifted his head. He had stopped seeing her. They stared at one another and it felt like ages for Suwha. Then Youngjae sighed and came closer. Suwha looked up into his eyes. “I thought..I thought you were..” she sobbed. Youngjae took her hand and it softly. “I wasn’t the only one seeking to protect you. Master Jonghung found us in front of the gates. It is because of him we survived.” Suwha thought of her master's letter. She turned around and wanted to thank master Jonghung for bringing him back to her, but he had disappeared. Youngjae and her were alone on the little hill. He was standing so close to her. She could hardly breath. Youngjae softly wiped away her tears that kept pouring over her face. “Why are you crying, Suwha?” Suwha sighed. “I’m just so happy to see you.” Youngjae intertwined their fingers. “How..I mean you were nearly dead. I thought I had lost you.” “We’ve all got light and darkness inside us. It is only important on which side we chose to act on.” Youngjae said slowly. “What?” Suwha sighed. “I didn’t want to leave you. You are the reason I survived.” She stared into his beautiful brown eyes. He meant every word he had said.

Then she remembered Jonghung’s words. “Before I forget..” she opened the necklace and placed the golden locket in her open hand. “This belongs to you.” Youngjae smiled lowering his eyes. Then he closed her hand with the locket inside, putting both of his hands on hers. “Keep it.” Suwha wanted to protest. “But..” Youngjae planted a kiss on her lips. Then he pulled her in his arms and whispered:

“It has always been yours…like my heart.”

 


Thanks to all readers! I hope you have enjoyed this story :D If you have..please leave a comment with a feedback...I'd be very very very happy about that :D :D :D Thanks again ^_^ B.A.P fighting! Youngjae fighting! Cheers! ;)

 


Gotta add some gifs of Youngjae, because he's just sooooo cute!!! ^o^ <3