Chapter One~

Modern Day Angels (or idiots)

“Tae! Wait for—”

Taemin laughed without even looking behind him, and after he composed himself, he turned and ran over to the fallen boy mumbling to himself.

“Jinki, why are you always so clumsy?” he said as he helped said fallen boy up to his feet.

“‘Cause I’ll I’m thinking of is you, sweetheart.” He said, grinning wildly.

“Yeah, yeah, okay. Let’s just go. I’m starving, and if we miss our bus because of you, you’re dead.”

“Feelin’ the love, babe.” Jinki laughed.
“Oh, shut it. You know you’re the only one for me.”

“Are you sure you won’t leave me for that bastard Choi Minho? I heard a rumor that you like bad boys, and he’s the worst of them all.” Jinki asked with a smirk on his lips.

“I’m sure. Trust me, he’s tried more times than I can count.”

“One more time, and I’ll punch him in the throat!”

“I love the fact that you’re protective of me, but please, tone it down a notch.”

“Of course. I’ll always listen to you, sweetie.”

They both reached the bus station, and the bus was nowhere in sight. Taemin checked the clock on his phone, and sighed in relief when it found out they were more than fifteen minutes early.

“So, Jinki,” he started as they sat down on the bench.

“Yes, sweetie?”

“What’s with all the pet names? Did you do something wrong?”

“You forgot?”

“Forgot what?”

“It’s our one year anniversary tomorrow! How could you forget such an important day?”

“Oh, Jinki, I’m so sorry!” Taemin pulled Jinki into a tight hug, and kissed his cheek repeatedly as if he was asking for forgiveness through that.

“Baby, it’s ok—”

“Oh, look. It’s a gay couple! Eww!”

“Eunyoung! That’s a terrible thing to say! Apologize, now.”

“But they are probably used to it.”

“It doesn’t matter. Apologize.” Taemin had gotten up from his seat and walked over to them at this point.

“Sir, really, you don’t have to fight with your girlfriend over us. We are used to it, and just chose to ignore it. It doesn’t bother us.”

“Yes it does! I know how it feels! I know how much it hurts even if you don’t show it.”

“What? You’re gay?”

“I experimented in middle school.”

“Eww! I can’t believe I was going out with ! You’re disgusting!”

Jinki spotted a figure not too far away from this scene, and called him quietly. The figure happened to be Minho.

“What do you want, Onew?”

“I want you to go over and kiss that guy.”

“Taemin?”

“The other one, you bastard.”

“You call me a bastard, yet I’m one of your closest friends. Ironic, no?”

“Just go kiss him!”

“Why?”

“His now ex-girlfriend is homophobic, and he’s a closet gay.”

“Lovely match.”

“I know right? Now go!”

Minho winked at Jinki, and walked over casually to the man.

“Name?”

“Huh? You talkin’ to me?”

“Uh-huh.”

“Jungmin, Oh Jungmin.”

“Nice to meet you, Oh Jungmin, I’m Choi Minho, but you can call me your dream come true.” Minho’s words slide so prettily off his tongue.

“What do you—”

Minho cut Jungmin off short by pressing his firm lips against Jungmin’s surprisingly soft ones. Jungmin tried to let out a yelp of surprise, but it came out in more of a moan the more Minho moved his lips so sensually.

“Jungmin! Stop it! It’s disgusting!” Jungmin glared at Eunyoung before wrapping his arms around Minho’s neck tightly, and being pulled closer by Minho’s arms snaking around his waist. Jungmin poked his tongue against Minho’s clamped shut lips, and Minho slowly released him from his spell, for only a moment.

“Wanna take this to a more private place, babe?” Minho panted lightly against Jungmin’s ear.

“Oh, absolutely.” Jungmin was completely out of breath, but somehow managed to keep up with Minho as they ran off. Now that Taemin had thought about it for a second, Jungmin did look their age.

“You gay bastards! You took my boyfriend from me!”

“No, that was actually our friend, Minho.”

“You should’ve known he was gay from the start. It was obvious.” Jinki added.

“What do you mean?”

“There were signs that made you doubt, weren’t there? Now that he’s out in the open, there is no point in lying.”

“He...got aroused...”

“When you touched his upper chest, and lower back, right?”

“How did you know?”

Taemin shot her a ‘isn’t it obvious?’ look. Eunyoung caught on quickly, and decided to just leave. She apologized for her actions beforehand, but both Taemin and Jinki heard her swear obscene things directed towards them under her breath.

“Well, that was fun, wasn’t it?” Taemin said after Eunyoung was out of sight.

“Yeah, and here’s our bus.” Jinki laughed. He boarded first, and Taemin climbed the first step, then looked back. He saw a disheveled Jungmin, flushed red and swollen lipped. Then there was Minho looking all smug and satisfied. Taemin paid the fare for three people, and motioned for Minho and Jungmin to get on the bus. They hopped on, and Jungmin collapsed immediately into one of the seats.

“Did you have to wear him out so quickly?”

“Hey, he pushed for it. I just agreed.”

“You shouldn’t just agree! You don’t even know him!” Taemin glared at Minho.

“I know his name. Shouldn’t that be enough, you shining ray of sunshine?”

“No! Do you think I wanted to do it with Jinki when I first met him?”

“You didn’t?” Jinki asked, confused.

“Of course I didn’t, you idiot!”

“Do you want to now?”

“Don’t tell me... You guys haven’t done it yet?” Jungmin interrupted.

“Shut up!” Taemin was red up to his ears.

“Even I’ve done it, both ways.”

“You’re not an ?”

“Freshman year of high school. Seniors are more tempting than I had originally thought.” Jungmin chuckled at the thought. “My hurts for like a week though.”

“How old are you anyway?”

“Nineteen. Just graduated last year.”

“I’ve always wanted to try it with an older guy.” Minho purred as caressed all different (and appropriate for the area they were in) places of Jungmin’s body.

“Minho!” Taemin was getting embarrassed by other people talking about ual things when he was in all areas.

“Jinki, you have no idea how lucky you are.” Jungmin said after getting Minho off him.

“What do you mean?”

“He’s the kind of guy who is very dedicated, and won’t use to save a relationship. Isn’t that right, Taemin?”

“Of course it is!” Taemin was all fired up now.

“Jungmin, you’re pretty cool. Why don’t you hang with us? or do you have better friends somewhere else?”

“Nah, all my ‘friends’ were just Eunyoung’s groupies. I’m so done with them. I’d much rather hang with you three.”

“Oh, there are more of us.”

“More?”

“Yeah, Kibum and Jonghyun. They are the iest couple you will ever meet.”

“Are all of you gay?”

“That’s how we became friends. The gay outcasts banded together and became super awesome!” Taemin giggled at his own words.

“I think I’m definitely going to stick around. I would love to meet them.”

“And now that you have Minho, no one is gonna mess with you.”

“Why not?”

“Nobody messes with Minho or his man.” Jinki said, but he couldn’t help but laugh.

“What’s so funny, you idiot?”
“I can beat you up, so it’s funny.”

“Yeah, if you don’t fall on your face before you reach him.” Taemin said, laughing himself.

“Is Taemin standing up for me?”

“Hell no. Everyone knows of Onew Condition.”

“Onew...condition?”

“Oh, Onew’s real name is Lee Jinki, and I’ve always called him Jinki, even though everyone else in the school, even the teachers, call him Onew. And since he’s so clumsy, whenever someone, especially Jinki, does something stupid or clumsy, they call out ‘Onew Condition!’”

“You guys are so strange.”

“We get that a lot.”

“Boys, it’s your stop!” an older woman in the front of the bus called to them.

“Thanks, ahjumma!” Taemin called back as he grabbed his backpack, and motioned for the others to get off the bus with him. They all jumped the steps, and Jinki almost fell, as usual.

“See? That’s exactly what we were talking about.”
“I have a feeling that my life is about to get very interesting with you guys around.”

“Oh, it already has.” Minho whispered in his ear.

“Minho! Stop being such a ert!”

“Yes, sweetie.”

“And don’t call him ‘sweetie’! Only I can do that!”

“Oh! Is that my beautiful son coming home from school?” A voice cried, not too far away.

“Oh no. They’ve been in another fight.”

“Great, just what I needed on my Friday.”

“Well, we aren’t getting any younger, and their relationship isn’t going to fix itself, so let’s just go and get this over with.” Taemin sighed heavily as the four of the walked up the small hill to the apartment complex, where an exhausted looking, yet smiling Kim Kibum awaited their arrival.


I am so sorry, everyone! I didn't update this in such a long time! I hope you enjoy this first chapter. It was seven pages long, and I worked on it for two days! I'll definitely be working on this story a lot more often for you loyal subscribers who stayed with me! :) Thank you!