chapter 16

Creating a Dancing Queen

Hello Everyone!

I'm Back :D

I'm sorry for being gone so long, I went on an unintentional hiatus as I needed to update my Hyoyeon Oneshot request shop and then I got swamped with homework and tests.

(College is a rough life)

(Plus I wasn't really in a happy mood for a couple months so yeah....)

Anyway because I was gone for so long I have written this extra chapter for you all.

(Fun Fact: it is actually the longest chapter I have written so far)

(Another Fun Fact: it is about double the length of most of my previous chapters)

I hope you all like it and enjoy as I hope you all also continue to support this story even thought I should update more often....

I am going to try to update more often, but I don't know if my homework is going to allow it...

Anyway, I'm back and I hope you all enjoy!

tumblr_n1n7jhXTGb1ql0ysvo1_500.gif

These girls are so cute!


"What are you going to wear?" asked Sunny.  She was looking through Hyoyeon's closet while Hyoyeon was in the bathroom brushing her teeth.  It was the morning of the competition and Sunny came over to help Hyoyeon get ready.  

"The white dress in the back," yelled Hyoyeon.  After she got done brushing her teeth she walked into her bedroom over to Sunny.  Hyoyeon was wearing her white bathrobe and had a ton of curlers in her hair that Sunny had put in. 

"This one," said Hyoyeon as she reached in the back of her closet and pulled out the dress that Eunhyuk had bought her.  It was pretty and would work perfectly for her routine.  

"Where did you such a gorgeous dress from?" asked Sunny as she reached out to touch it in awe.  Hyoyeon smiled while remebering the day Eunhyuk had dragged her to the mall.  

"It's a long story."

"Does it involve Eunhyuk?"  

"Actually he bought it for me."  Sunny's mouth dropped. 

"He bought you this dress."  Sunny pointed her finger at it still in shock.  Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"Now I have to hear the story," whined Sunny.  Hyoyeon just shook her head. 

"Don't have time, we probably need to get going soon." 

"Okay, let's go and finish you hair."  Sunny then pushed Hyoyeon into the bathroom to help her finish getting ready. 

 

Once Sunny was finished helping Hyoyeon do her hair, they headed out to the facility where the dance competition was going to be held.  

"Nervous?" asked Sunny.  Her and Hyoyeon were walking down a long hallway towards the dressing room.  Hyoyeon was dressed in a pair of sweats and a t-shirt while carrying her dress in a bag so it would not get ruined. 

"Yeah, I'm really nervous," replied Hyoyeon.  Sunny patted her on the shoulder and smiled. 

"You are going to be great."  Hyoyeon gave Sunny a small smile of gratitude and they both kept on walking until they finally reached the dressing room.  They found the table reserved for Hyoyeon and set down all of their stuff on it. 

"I'm going to go check you in, so just relax and think happy thoughts," said Sunny.  She gave Hyoyeon a reassuring smile before leaving the dressing room.  Hyoyeon took a deep breath and was seriously thinking of happy thoughts.  

"Hyoyeon."  She heard a voice behind her, she turned to find Taeyeon, Leeteuk, and Donghae entering the dressing room.  The three of them walked over to her with smiles on their faces and Hyoyeon smiled back at them.

"How are you feeling?" asked Donghae.  

"Nervous, but also kind of excited," replied Hyoyeon.  

"I'm sure you will be fine," said Leeteuk. 

"I should probably go and get dressed," said Taeyeon.  She gave Hyoyeon a small wave and told her, "Good Luck."

"You too," replied Hyoyeon.  Taeyeon then went to the changing area and Hyoyeon saw Suzy step out of it.  She looked really pretty with a black  sequined dress that clung with her body and flowed out at the bottom.  Her long black hair was straightened and hung over her shoulders.  Her make-up was also done and it reminded Hyoyeon of a graceful cat.  Suzy spotted them and quickly walked over. 

"Good morning everyone," she said with a bright smile. 

"Good morning Suzy." said Leeteuk. 

"Did you guys come here to support Hyoyeon?" she asked. 

"Yeah, and to support Taeyeon and you of course," said Donghae.  Suzy smiled and nodded her head. 

"Hyoyeon, you are not dressed yet?" asked Suzy, "And your make-up isn't done yet." 

"No, I just got here," replied Hyoyeon. 

"Come then," said Suzy as she grabbed Hyoyeon's hand and the bag that her dress was in and started to walk her over towards the changing area. 

"We will just be a minute," she yelled over her shoulder to Leeteuk and Donghae.  Suzy then dragged Hyoyeon into the changing area and got her a dressing room.  

"Here," she said as she set the bag down and opened it to grab her dress.  Suzy recognized it immediately once she pulled it out.  Her face fell as she remembered that night.  She hung the dress on the rack and turned to face Hyoyeon. 

"Come on and get dressed," she said.  Hyoyeon nodded her head and went into the room.  Suzy pulled the curtain shut as she waited for Hyoyeon to be done.  Once she was finished changing, Hyoyeon stepped out of the dressing room.  Suzy just stared at her for a couple seconds in silence as her eyes scanned Hyoyeon's dress.  She then gave Hyoyeon a small smile and her eyes fell to the ground below her. 

"I really am sorry about everything Hyoyeon.  I really am truly sorry," she said as she kicked her foot into the ground nervously. 

"I know you are Suzy and it's okay, I already told you I forgive you," said Hyoyeon.  Suzy just solemnly nodded her head, but kept her eyes glued to the floor in front of her. 

"You really do look pretty Hyoyeon."  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head. 

"And you do too."  Suzy then looked back up at Hyoyeon and gave her a small smile. 

"Thanks," she said.  Hyoyeon then grabbed Suzy's arm and linked it with hers.  Suzy smiled some more. Together they walked arm in arm out of the changing area and back to regular dressing room area.  The group from earlier had grown.  Sunny was back and same with Taeyeon.  Hyoyeon then noticed Kyuhyun had finally arrived and then her eyes fell on Eunhyuk.  She stopped and stared.  He actually came, she said to herself.  Suzy looked up at Hyoyeon and noticed that she was staring at Eunhyuk.  Suzy rolled her eyes and continued walking, practically dragging Hyoyeon with her. 

"Good morning everyone," she sang with excitment once her and Hyoyeon reached the group.  All of them looked over to the two of them and Hyoyeon noticed Eunhyuk was staring at her.  It was obvious he recognized the dress and he smiled at her.  Hyoyeon smiled a little bit and her eyes then fell to the floor in front of her.    

"So everyone is finally here," said Suzy as she smiled some more.  Hyoyeon looked around and noticed someone was missing.

"Where is Sungmin?" asked Hyoyeon.

"Everyone agreed to send him out on a coffee run," said Donghae. 

"Why him?" asked Hyoyeon. 

"Because he was the last one to arrive," said Leeteuk. 

"I wonder how is he going to carry that much coffee with his two arms?" wondered Eunhyuk.

"We should have sent someone with him," said Taeyeon.

"Nah, he will be fine," said Leeteuk. 

"Yeah, he will figure it out," said Donghae. Donghae, Leeteuk, and Eunhyuk were then smiling at the misery that they were putting their friend in and Taeyeon just shook her head.  Hyoyeon saw that Kyuhyun kept on looking at her, but she kept on avoiding his gaze.  She still did not understand why she felt this uneasy around him all of a sudden.  Like she felt bad for him or something. 

"Well, as much fun as it is talking to you guys all day, I need to finish getting ready," said Taeyeon. She got up from her chair while still holding Leeteuk's hand.  She then leaned over and kissed his forehead. 

"I will see you later," he said to her.  She smiled and walked over to Suzy. 

"Suzy, can you help me finish my hair?" she asked her.  Suzy nodded her head and smiled as her and Taeyeon walked away from the group.  Hyoyeon noticed that Sunny was glaring at Suzy and she sighed.  Hyoyeon then walked over to stand next to Sunny who continued to give mean looks to Suzy. 

"Watching you walk arm and arm with her wanted to make me puke," Sunny whispered to Hyoyeon.  Hyoyeon then nudged Sunny hard.  

"She is different now, why don't you give her a chance?" Hyoyeon whispered back to her.

"I will never trust her, Hyoyeon.  You do realize all the that she has put you through."  Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"Yes I do, but I see the good inside her as well."

"I just don't want to see you hurt by her anymore."

"I know."  Hyoyeon then gave Sunny a tight hug. 

"What is this all about?" teased Donghae.  Sunny and Hyoyeon broke apart from their hug. 

"None of your business," said Sunny as she kicked Donghae in the shin. 

"Ow, you did not need to do that," whined Donghae as he rubbed his sore shin.  Sunny just gave him a smirk.  

"Hey, looks who is back," said Eunhyuk.  Everyone turned their attention to the door where a tired Sungmin just walked through.  His arms were full of coffee cups and bags of bagels.  He glared at his friends as he crossed the room and set everything down on the table in front of them. 

"There, you guys happy?" asked Sungmin in a dry tone.  Eunhyuk, Donghae, and Leeteuk just smiled and nodded their heads at him. 

"Well what are you guys waiting for?" asked Sungmin as he gestured to the coffee and bagels in front of him.  Everyone else then stood up and went to grab a coffee and bagel.  Sunny grabbed a coffe and bagel then walked over to Sungmin. 

"Thanks for the coffee," she said as she went on her tip toes and kissed him on the cheek.  He smiled and nodded his head. 

"Anything for you Sunny," he replied.

"Anything for you Sunny," said Donghae is a mocking tone.  Sungmin just glared at him.

"I got you coffee, so treat me with some respect," said Sungmin.  Donghae just shrugged and walked away with his coffee.  

"Want some coffee?" Sunny asked Hyoyeon as she sat back down next to her.  Hyoyeon shook her head no.

"I don't think my stomach will handle it," replied Hyoyeon. She then placed a hand on her stomach while taking slow and deep breaths.  She was nervous as hell and the nerves were starting to get to her as the time slowly ticked on by. 

"Still really nervous?" asked Leeteuk as he took a sip of his coffee.  Hyoyeon nodded her head. 

"Don't worry, you are going to do just fine," said Sungmin.  

"You are going to be great," said Eunhyuk with a warm smile.  Hyoyeon nodded her head with a small smile.  

"Okay, Hyoyeon we should finish getting you ready," said Sunny as she stood up from her seat.  She then turned to face everyone else.

"You guys should all go and save some seats," said Sunny as she pointed to the guys.  

"It is getting to be almost time," said Leeteuk as they all stood up.  

"Good Luck," said Sungmin to Hyoyeon.

"You are going to be amazing," said Donghae as he patted her lightly on the shoulder.

"Thank you Donghae, for all of your help," said Hyoyeon.  Donghae nodded his head and gave her a small smile before leaving. 

"Make sure you still have fun out there," said Leeteuk. 

"I will," said Hyoyeon, "and thanks for everything as well Leeteuk."  Leeteuk then left and Kyuhyun stepped forward towards her.  He has been quiet all this time and Hyoyeon could feel this tension or something between them.  

"Good Luck Hyo, I know you will do great," said Kyuhyun. 

"Thanks Kyuhyun," replied Hyoyeon.  Kyuhyun just nodded his head and started to walk away.  Something seemed really off with him.  Her eyes then fell on Eunhyuk in front of her and her heart seemed to flutter for a moment. 

"Have any second thoughts?"  asked Eunhyuk.  

"Not at the moment," replied Hyoyeon.   

"Just remember that you can do this," he said.  He placed his hands on her shoulders and looked deeply into her eyes.  Hyoyeon stared back into his eyes and found herself falling into them.  

"Don't forget that passion I know you have," he said.  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head. 

"How can I forget now?" Eunhyuk smiled.  He then leaned forward and Hyoyeon in her breath.  He then kissed her lightly on the forehead.  

"Good luck," he whispered.  Hyoyeon's eye widened as her heart began to beat widely.  Eunhyuk gave her one last smile before making his way to the door.  Hyoyeon reached up to touch her forehead where her skin seemed to burn from his touch.  She watched his every step until he disappeared out the door.  Hyoyeon then smiled to herself and she slowly turned to find a shocked Sunny.

"That was extremely cute," said Sunny with her voice in a squeal.  Hyoyeon blushed and smiled shyly to herself. 

"Come on, let's finish getting ready," said Hyoyeon.  Sunny nodded her head and turned to the bag behind her.  Hyoyeon took a deep breath and touched her forehead again.  Thinking of Eunhyuk's words again, Hyoyeon felt more than ready for this competition.  

 

Stanidng behind the big curtains of the main stage, Hyoyeon took a couple more deep breaths to try and calm her nerves.  Her palms were sweating as he heart was racing.  It was almost her turn to perform.  Within her head, she was visualizing her movements with the beat of her music playing in her head phones.  She wiped her hands on her skirt and kept on taking more deep breaths.  This was probably the most nerve wrecking moment in her entire life.  For some reason, she could not believe that she was even doing this.  A couple weeks ago she wouldn't have believed this moment would ever come into her life.  

Everyone worked so hard to get me here today, Hyoyeon said in her head.  She smiled as the memories of working with everyone filled her head.  Her nerves were starting to go away as she remembered her first moments with Eunhyuk.  

"Passion," Hyoyeon said quietly to herself, "Just remember passion is what it takes to dance out there."  She took her headphones out and began to prepare herself mentally.  The music from the performance ahead of her finally stopped and her heart skiped a beat as she knew it was finally her turn.  

"Contestant number 26, Kim Hyoyeon."  It was finally time.  Hyoyeon took another slow breath as she slowly walked out from behind the curtain onto the stage.  She was greeted with bright lights and a huge audience.  A lot of people were there, meaning a lot of people were going to see her dance.  She slowly kept walking to the center of the stage telling herself to forget about the amount of people.  Her heart was beating rapidly as she stopped once she reached her ideal spot to start.  Her eyes looked up into the crowd and she immediately found everyone.  

Donghae, Leeteuk, Sungmin, Sunny, Kyuhyun, and Eunhyuk.  

Everyone who was there to support her.  Her eyes then connected with Eunhyuk.  He seemed to comfort her and she immediately forgot about the amount of people watching her.  She felt like him and her were the only two people in the room.

 Slightly smiling to herself, she got into position and took another deep breath while waiting for the music to start. Her heart was still beating rapidly as the silence filled her ears.  

Passion, she reminded herself mentally again.  

The music then started and Hyoyeon felt her body immediately connected with her music.  She felt herself move gracefully and easily as she flowed along. There was no hesitation or doubt within her movements.  She was steady and her love for the routine began to shine from within her.  

Hyoyeon crossed and leaped around the stage as the passion within her took over her movements.  She stayed with the beat and kept on going without missing a step.  Smiling to herself as she moved, it all seemed to feel like a dream.  She felt like she was all alone as the music filled her ears.  

The music stopped, and Hyoyeon could feel sweat coating her skin as she smiled proudly towards the audience.  A roaring applause followed and Hyoyeon's smile grew even more.  She bowed before quickly walking off stage.  Her heart was beating so quickly as her legs suddenly felt weak.  

Once she made it back behind the stage curtains, Hyoyeon immediately sat herself down on the floor.  She placed her head in her hands and could not stop smiling to herself.  She could not believe what she just did.  She just danced in front of a ton of people and there was no hestitation within her what so ever.  

"I can't believe I did it," she said to herself in disbelief.  After all these years being afraid, Kim Hyoyeon was finally able to dance in front of other people. 

"Hyoyeon."  She looked up to find her friends standing a few feet away from her.  They were all smiling as they walked quickly over to her.  She smiled back as Sunny pratically ran over to her.  Sunny then wrapped her arms tightly around Hyoyeon. 

"You were absolutely amazing out there Hyoyeon," said Sunny.  Hyoyeon hugged her back. 

"Thanks Sunny," replied Hyoyeon.  Sunny released Hyoyeon from her hug and sat herself down next to her. 

"She is right Hyoyeon, that was unbelievable," said Donghae. 

"Yeah, you did an awesome job," said Sungmin. 

"It was absolutely amazing," said Leeteuk. 

"You did a great job Hyo," said Kyuhyun.  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head.  

"Thanks you guys," replied Hyoyeon in a shy tone.  She wasn't used to getting so many compliments at once.  Eunhyuk stepped forward and knelt down so he was eye level with Hyoyeon.  

"See, that wasn't so bad now was it?" he asked.

"I guess," replied Hyoyeon shyly.  Eunhyuk smiled and then patted her lightly on the head.

"Good job today, Hyoyeon."  Hyoyeon smiled and Eunhyuk ruffled her hair for a second before standing back up.  He then held out his hand to her.  Hyoyeon took it and he helped pull her back up to her feet.  

"I still can't believe I did it," she said.  Sunny then linked her arm with Hyoyeon's. 

"You did and I'm so proud of you," said Sunny as she then reached up and pinched Hyoyeon's cheek. 

"Don't do that," said Hyoyeon as she leaned her head away from Sunny's hand.  

"How about we all go and get something to eat to celebrate?" asked Donghae.  Everyone nodded their heads in agreement. 

"I'm starving," said Sunny.

"Don't we want to wait for the results?" asked Kyuhyun. 

"How many more performers are left?" asked Sunny. 

"Not many. Plus Suzy and Taeyeon already performed so it shouldn't be long before they annouce the winners," said Donghae.

"Let's go back to our seats and wait then," said Leeteuk.  Everyone then went back to their seats.  Hyoyeon sat next to Sunny with Eunhyuk on her other side.  She felt nervous as she watched the last group of performers.  They all danced with great passion as well and it made Hyoyeon start to question her performance. 

"Hyoyeon, no matter what the results are, just remember that you accomplished something greater than some award," whispered Eunhyuk.  She turned to face him with confusion. 

"What would that be?"

"You conquered your fear.  That is something that is more impressive than anything else."  Hyoyeon smiled and nodded her head. 

"I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for you."  Eunhyuk then smiled and grabbed her hand.  He squeezed it tightly and Hyoyeon could feel her heart beat in her chest. 

"Looks like they are about to annouce the winners," said Sunny.  She then grabbed Hyoyeon's other hand and squeezed it tightly.  

A lady then walked to the center of the stage with a microphone as a small group of people were setting up a table behind her with awards.  Hyoyeon could feel herself starting to get nervous all over again.  Conquering her fear was a great accomplishment, but winning a competiton would be another great accomplishment. 

"Good after noon.  I would like to first off thank all the amazing performers who braved the stage today.  With their dedication and passion, it was very difficult to choose the winners," said the lady.  She then looked down at the envelopes in her hands and Hyoyeon felt her heart beginning to race. 

"I will first off annouce the seventh place winner."  The women then grabbed one of the envelopes and tore it open.  She unfolded the piece of paper and grabbed the microphone again. 

"Seventh place goes to contestant number 12, Park Jiyeon."  Hyoyeon took a deep breath. She watched  as a girl walked happily up to the stage to accept her award. 

"Sixth place goes to contestant number 33, Yoon Bora."  Hyoyeon sighed and watched as yet again another girl went up onto that stage to recieve an award.  

"Fifth place goes to contestant number 4, Kim Hyuna." Still not her.  As the number was getting smaller, Hyoyeon's hopes started to diminish. 

"Fourth place goes to contestant number 15, Victoria Song."  Eunhyuk squeezed Hyoyeon's hand in reassurance.  Hyoyeon just sighed again as she watched  the girl happily recieve an award. 

"Third place goes to contestant number 20, Kwon Yuri." Not her name again, her hope was growing smaller and smaller.

"Second place goes to contestant number 2, Bae Suzy who was last year's champion."  Hyoyeon smiled as everyone around her cheered for her, except Sunny.  She sat with her arms crossed with a blank expression. Hyoyeon rolled her eyes and clapped for Suzy. 

"Yeah Suzy," cheered Donghae.

"Way to go," cheered Leeteuk.  Suzy went up to the stage and recieved her award with a smile.  Hyoyeon then grabbed both Eunhyuk and Sunny's hands again. 

"And now the first place goes to contestant-" The annoucer paused to open the envelope.  Hyoyeon squeezed both Eunhyuk and Sunny's hands tightly as she was silently praying for it to be her.  Closing her eyes, Hyoyeon took a deep breath as she silently wished and hoped for her name to be called. 

 "Number 10, Meng Jia."  Hyoyeon opened her eyes and felt her shoulders slump. She knew that it would be a longshot for her to win an award for her first dance performance, but it was still disappointing. 

"Hyoyeon, nobody really pays attention to the winners anyway," said Sunny trying to cheer her up. 

"It's okay Sunny, I was really expecting to win anything anyway," said Hyoyeon quietly.  She was about to get up when Eunhyuk held his grip tightly, preventing her from leaving her seat. 

"There still is one more award," he said.  Hyoyeon looked back up to the stage as the woman had gotten another envelope from somewhere. 

"And now the 'Best Performance' award goes to the contestant who displayed to best routine of the competition."  The woman opened the envelope and Hyoyeon watched her pull the piece of paper out.  Her heart was beating widly again as the woman's hand unfolded that piece of paper. 

"And the 'Best Performance' award goes to contestant number 26, Kim Hyoyeon."  Hyoyeon's mouth fell open as she could not believe her ears.  She sat perfectly still as she did not know how to react.

"Hyoyeon, you won," said Sunny, "go up there and get it."  Sunny then pushed Hyoyeon up from her seat.  Hyoyeon then slowly walked up to the stage in a daze.  

She won.  She won an award.  She actually won an award. 

It all felt like a dream to Hyoyeon.  She slowly walked up the stairs with a small smile on her face.  She walked past the other contestants and found Suzy giving her a bright smile.  She also noticed the girl who won first place sending glares her way.  Hyoyeon quickly turned back forward and accepted her award from one of the judges.  She held the plaque in her hands as she turned to face the audience again.  Excitement and happiness filled her body as she smiled brightly. 

This has to be one of the greatest days in her entire life.

 

After the competiton, everyone decided to go out to eat to celebrate Hyoyeon and Suzy's awards from the dance competiton.  

"Even thought you did not win anything, I still think you were the best dancer there," said Leeteuk to Taeyeon.  They were both walking together with their arms wraped around each other. 

"Thanks Leeteuk, and I'm not disappointed that I did not win.  I don't consider myself a fantastic dancer."

"But you are, and an amazing singer as well."

"Stop it Leeteuk, you are making me blush."  Taeyeon elbowed him slightly and smiled.  Hyoyeon smiled as she watched them together.  She then felt a hand tap her shoulder.  She turned to find Kyuhyun behind her. 

"Hyoyeon, can I talk to you for a minute," he asked.  Hyoyeon stared at him in confusion. 

"What do you need to talk to me about?" she asked. 

"There is something that I wish to tell you."  Hyoyeon nodded her head.  She then stopped and the rest of the group continued to walk to the restaurant without them. 

"What's up?" asked Hyoyeon. 

"I really wanted congratulate you Hyoyeon on your amazing dance performance," he said. 

"Thanks Kyuhyun."  Kyuhyun took a deep breath.  Hyoyeon stared at him in confusion.  She could not seem to understand why he looked so nervous all of a sudden.  Something did seem off about him all day.

"There is something else I wanted to tell you, but I'm afraid to how you will react.  So I'm just going to say it right now."  Kyuhyun took another deep breath and Hyoyeon continued to be confused.  

"Hyo, I like you."


Hello Everyone,

I'm ending it here as you will all find out Hyoyeon's reaction in the next chapter.

What do you think she is going to say?

Anyway I hope you all enjoyed 

I hope you all anticipate the next update!

Thanks for all your support and everything :)

You guys are Awesome! :D

 

tumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo6_250.giftumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo7_250.giftumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo3_250.gif

Chapter 17 Coming Soon   :)

tumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo4_250.giftumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo5_250.giftumblr_n1qan3eJdd1rwl5auo1_250.gif