Final

고해 (Confession)

It was a Saturday morning and they were at the café near their dorm. All of Infinite except for Sungjong were gathered around the round table, each holding a cup of piping hot coffee in their hands to warm themselves up. Woohyun spoke up first, “Why did you call us up so early hyung?” The rest of the members looked eagerly into his eyes, if they can even spot his eyes, searching for a valid reason. Sunggyu closed his eyes for a second and huffed out a breath of cold air before revealing, “I plan to confess to Sungjong.” “Woo… love is in the air!” Sungyeol teased. “Well it’s about time hyung.” Hoya added. Myungsoo then continued, “Yeah all those long, dreadful nights where you kept on mumbling his name in your sleep kept me awake all the while.” Dongwoo joined in, “So why are you telling us for?” Sunggyu slung his arm around Dongwoo’s neck, pulling him closer and continued with his explanation, “That’s because I need your help.” And he whipped out a bunch of paper slips from his pocket with his other hand, “You’re going to draw lots!”

 

~

 

“Aish! This Sunggyu hyung always bothering us!” Myungsoo grumbled and ruffled his hair as he walked down the sidewalk. “Come on! It’s a once in a lifetime chance! At least we got it better than Woohyun and Sungyeol. Oh we’re here!” Dongwoo said to the frustrated boy beside him and dragged him into the stationary shop. They made a quick grab for a bunch of heart-shaped sticky notes and rushed to the counter. Two guys with a bunch of heart-shaped sticky notes! Seriously? The cashier eyed them suspiciously as she scanned the barcode. They paid up and carried on to their next destination, the pet shop. Myungsoo was on the phone with Sunggyu, “Hyung what kind of kitten do you want? Oh wait… Dongwoo hyung just sent you a picture of one of them.” Sunggyu tapped onto the incoming message from Dongwoo and it displayed a picture of a cute, yellow kitten. Sunggyu then lifted up the phone to his ear and spoke to Myungsoo whilst smiling to himself, “We’ll take that.”

 

~

 

“Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! What dumb luck today!” Sungyeol muttered under his breath. “Well… at least you’re not alone.” Woohyun sighed and dragged his feet. They were on their way to supplementary classes because of what they had chosen earlier. An hour ago, back at the café near Infinite’s dorm, each of them picked a paper slip and opened it slowly to reveal their fate. “Whoo-hoo! Daebak!” Dongwoo and Hoya cried at the same time and pumped their fists into the air. Meanwhile, on the other side of the table, “Wae…” Woohyun and Sungyeol whined. Woohyun had to learn to play a musical piece whilst Sungyeol had to learn to cook a meal. “Come on! Always look on the bright side! At least you’re picking up a new skill!” Dongwoo hyung cheered them and left the café with Myungsoo. “Kaja!” Sunggyu told Hoya and they too left on their own, leaving the two behind to sulk.

 

~

 

“Hoya-ah! What are you doing?” Sunggyu’s voice rang through the departmental store as he searched high and low for his friend. “Yah! Why are looking at ladies’ undergarments?” Sunggyu scolded his friend in front of a huge crowd. Passers-by giggled at Hoya as he stood there embarrassedly. “Come on! We don’t have all day.” Sunggyu called out and dragged his friend out of his stance to the jewellery shop. “Get me one of your most expensive rings!” Sunggyu hollered as he stepped into the shop. “What’s the size of your partner’s finger sir?” the salesperson spoke from behind the counter. “Hmm… I’m not so sure about that.” Sunggyu replied. “Isn’t he your partner?” the salesperson asked whilst pointing at Hoya. “A-Aniyo!” Hoya stuttered whilst waving his hands. Two guys buying a pair of couple rings! Seriously? The salesperson gave both of them a dubious look as she went to process their order.

 

~

 

Back at the dorm, the doorbell rang. Sungjong rolled off his bed and bumped onto the cold, hard floor. “Ouch!” he cried as he picked himself up and made his way towards the door. “Who’s there?” he said groggily as he flung open the door but he was met with a long, eerie silence. He stepped out of the house to take a look but felt a thud at his feet. “Omo! What’s this?” he spoke with surprise as he picked up the heart-shaped box and brought it back in. He slowly lifted open the lid but instead, a cute, yellow kitten jumped out. “Omo! Where did you come from?” Sungjong spoke with shock. Just then, a piece of paper fluttered out from the box onto his lap. “Oh what’s this?” he mumbled as he picked it up to read: I love you. Question marks started to pop up inside his mind as he scanned the house for his hyungs. But he saw no one except more heart-shaped sticky notes scribbled with I love you.

 

~

 

Sunggyu and Hoya were busy setting up the decorations at the rooftop of their dorm when Sunggyu received a phone call, “Yeoboseyo?” “Hyung the cat is in the bag.” The other person spoke. “Has he wakened up yet?” Sunggyu questioned. “Neh. He received quite a bit of excitement this morning.” Another voice said. “Yah! Return me back my phone, Kim Myungsoo!” Sunggyu heard and chuckled to himself. “So you guys know where we are?” Sunggyu queried. “Neh. We’ll be there in a minute.” Dongwoo responded as he retrieved his phone and hung up the call after that. Before Sunggyu could place his phone back into his pocket, he received another call. He sighed and looked at the caller id before picking up the call, “Yah! Nam Woohyun! This is your fifth time calling me! What do you want?” “Hyung the kids in class are laughing at me…” Woohyun pouted. “If you continue to call me, I’m going to switch off my phone.” Sunggyu threatened. “Okay I understand hyung. I won’t disturb you anymore.” Woohyun answered quickly and hung up the call. “Busy man huh?” Hoya smirked to his hyung.

 

~

 

Soon, it was time, time for the big surprise. Sunggyu, Dongwoo, Hoya and Myungsoo were done with the decorations at the rooftop. Woohyun was sulking behind the piano and Sungyeol was nowhere to be found. “Yah! Where is that Lee Sungyeol?” Sunggyu shouted to his phone as he heard the tenth beep from the automated voice. “Mianhae hyung.” Sungyeol replied as he stepped out from the doorway. “What happened to your phone?” Dongwoo inquired with concern. “Erm… well… I dropped it into the pan while I was cooking…” Sungyeol responded whilst rubbing the back of his neck uncomfortably. “What? Luckily I bought insurance if not I’ll get food poisoning!” Sunggyu admitted. The other three around him laughed along as Woohyun restrained Sungyeol from hitting Sunggyu, “Yah! What’s the meaning of this?” Sunggyu calmed down a little before turning to Woohyun, “Are you confident of playing yet?” “Ever ready hyung.” Woohyun answered with a smile. “Hopefully it’s music to my ears.” Sunggyu teased. Once again, the other three laughed along with Sunggyu as Sungyeol held back Woohyun, “Yah! What’s the meaning of this?”

 

~

 

Sungjong had a puzzled face as he sat across Sunggyu whom on the other hand, was grinning from ear to ear like a Cheshire cat. “Hyung what’s all of these for?” Sungjong whispered to the person opposite him, taking note of the elaborate decorations and the other members wearing nicely pressed suits. “It’s for you my dear.” Sunggyu told him. Sungjong’s cheeks flared up upon hearing that, “H-Hyung is t-there something w-wrong with y-you today?” “Aniyo I’m fine. How’s the dinner?” Sunggyu inquired. “Dinner… well it’s… delicious and tasty!” Sungjong replied after hesitating for a moment to ponder. Sunggyu nodded understandingly and smiled at Sungyeol before lifting up his glass of wine, “Cheers!” Sungjong lifted up his glass as well and was about to clink his against Sunggyu’s when his partner stopped him, “Let’s do a love shot.” “Mwo!” Sungjong shrieked. “Come on!” Sunggyu encouraged him and their wrists went around each other’s. Sungjong drank till the end, only to find a ring at the bottom of his glass. “Hyung what’s this?” he questioned curiously. “Enjoy.” Sunggyu smirked and went up on stage to pick up the microphone.

 

~

 

어찌합니까

What should be done

어떻게 할까요

What should I do

감히 제가 감히 그녀를 사랑합니다

I dare, I dare to love her

조용히 나조차 나조차도 모르게

To live quietly and pretending to have forgotten

잊은척 산다는건 살아도 죽은겁니다

That is a life that is just like death

 

세상의 비난도 미쳐보일 모습도

The criticism of the world and the portrayal of me as a madman

모두 다 알지만

I know of it all

그게 두렵지만 사랑합니다

I am afraid of it all but I love you

 

어디에 있나요

Where are you?

제 얘기 정말 들리시나요

Can you really hear me?

그럼 피 흘리는 가엾은 제 사랑을 알고 계신가요

Then do you know of my poor, bleeding love?

용서해주세요

Please forgive me

벌하신다면 저 받을께요

If you were to punish, I will gladly accept it

허나 그녀만은 제게 그녀 하나만 허락해 주소서

But, her, please allow me, just her and her only

 

Credit: http://delacroix.egloos.com/4560201

 

~

 

As Sunggyu was singing on stage, he kept on staring at Sungjong. Everything about him was perfect; the flawless, white skin and cute, rose-coloured lips. Whenever Sunggyu saw Sungjong wear his exposing, low-cut clothes, Sunggyu couldn’t help it but feel infatuated. As the song ended, Sunggyu queried, “Do you like it?” Sungjong, whom was holding his tears back, nodded his head repeatedly. Sunggyu turned his head and smiled at Woohyun whom sat behind the piano as the other members clapped and cheered. Sunggyu then stepped off the stage and walked towards Sungjong, taking the ring from the wine glass, he kneeled down and popped the question of the century, under the eyes of the shining stars, “Lee Sungjong, will you be my boyfriend?”