A Promise

A Wounded Heart

"Omma is he bothering you?"  He looks at his mother and sensing that there is something wrong, he goes in front of her and faces the man talking to her. "Hey! Mister! Stop Bothering my Omma!" The child is standing in front of his mother staring at the man with a serious face, ready to defend his mother.

 

In the past . . .

Eley was wearing her Skull Candy headset on her iphone. She had her eyes focused on nothing in particular.  She was using the cross trainer in the gym where she has a lifetime membership. She was wearing gym clothes that fitted her nicely and a pair of Lacose rubber shoes.

She was not paying attention to anybody at the gym but some of the guys were looking her over, gave her the glances and the side glances but she did not see any of that. She did not give them the time of day.

When Eley finished with her cardio workout, she stepped off the cross trainer and  drunk from her own water bottle, and  then wiped the perspiration from her forehead,  face and neck. She walked to go to the ladies locker to take a little time to rest. She did not see the eyes that followed her actions and followed her walking out from the main part of the gym. She sat on one of the bench available there and became busy with her iphone.

Even the women gave her side glances. They took note on what she was wearing and how beautiful she really was even close up. Some were even envious of her.

Eley has a beautiful complexion being half Korean and half Chinese. She has a straight long black hair which she kept on a pony tail while doing her work out. She has a nice model figure too.

And after a while, she returned to the main gym and did her weight regiment. She just focused on what she was doing and did not see the looks she was getting.

When Eley finished her weight regiment she went back to the ladies locker to rest a little and prepared to take a shower. And when she had all the things she needed she went to one of the cubicle for her shower. She only took a few minutes to finish and went to another of the cubicles  to change clothes. Her iphone rang while she was changing. Eley answered the caller.

Eley's side of the conversation. "Abusayo?" A pause, while she listened to the one on the otherside of the phone. "Baby . . I'm finished now. I'm just changing clothes. I'll be out soon." Another pause. "Yes?" She listened quietly. "We will have our dinner in a restaurant.  Do you have something in mind? Maybe you would like something to eat?" The one on the other side did not say anything back. "Think on it, so when I see you you'll have something that you've decided on." Listened for the response. "Baby, whatever you like. . we'll have whatever you like, okay? So think on it, okay?" She smiled while she listened to the response. "Bye baby, see you in a while." She closed her iphone and returned it to her bag.

Eley  finished changing her clothes and placed all the things she used in a gym bag. Now she was wearing a tight fitting jeans and t-shirt and a  high heeled sandals. She allowed her hair loose because they were still wet from the shower. She did not blow dry it because she was in a hurry.

She was not wearing any make-up on, but looked beautiful.  She was still glowing from her exercise and her lips were red without any lipstick on.

When Eley was ready to go she carried her 14 inch lap top on a back pack and she wore a waist bag, and then carried her gym bag. When she was leaving the ladies locker more heads were turning. All she passed by were turning their heads towards her.

And one pair of eyes was surprised to see her. Yoochun just arrived at the gym at that exact time Eley was leaving.  He could not go to the gym on a regular basis because of his busy schedule. He was wearing a t-shirt, long shorts and sneakers, and carried his gym bag. "El? Was that El?" He followed her with his eyes and could not help himself and continuesd to look. She did not see him. He's thought, 'How she looks more beautiful than ever. She can still make my heart skip a beat.'

And when he was looking at her, he saw a small boy running on a far distance coming towards the direction of the gym. He did not pay much attention to the child but returned his focus on her, admired how good looking she was and admired her long black hair.

Eley bent down with open arms which suprised Yoochun.

And when the child run to her arms was a big surprise.

Then he focused his attention to the child, who was facing him and was surprised . . his knees buckled and he thought his heart jumped a  beat for a while then returned beating so very fast. The child looks like him. The exact replica of him.

The mother and child was holding hands and was moving away, but he could not move from his spot.

He was puzzled, whispered, "What? What does this mean? Why does that child looks like me? Is he mine? El? El? What does this mean?" Yoochun could only watch the mother and child, and then he ran to catch up with them . . but did not see where they turned and lost them. . he looked in different directions but could not find them.

"El? El? What have I done? El? The one thing I promised myself not to do . . the one thing . . A BROKEN HOME! ! I promised myself I'll have my family whole . .now .  . I think I have a child . . and I . . don't know anything about him . . "

Tears started to fall from Yoochun's eyes unnoticed. .