Chapter 1

That Place Across the Street

"Just look at him hyung, he looks so ing smug." Dongho cursed, peering out the large window of the shop to the building across the street.

There were two men, one was very tall with shaggy blonde hair. He was standing near an obviously younger male, whose bright red hair stood out. His eyes were bright, as his associate handed him a large pair of scissors. Fumbling slightly, the red-head managed to slice the ribbon that metaphorically said, "Come onin, we're open!"

"Ugh, why are they even bothering? Every small business that has moved in there has failed within a year. Why do they think a bakery, especially an unknown one, will be successful?" Kevin ranted in the open air of the empty shop. He ran his fingers through his messily styled hair. His dongsaeng, Dongho, merely grunted at him. The coffee shop they ran was very successful, and the two workers had grown cocky with their popularity. As had their attitudes.

"Hyung, just let them fail, they always do." Dongho called out, stepping away from the window to clean some tables.

"It doesn't bother me, really. I just think that they're idiots." Kevin mumbled, brewing a fresh pot of expresso.

Their conversation was cut short as the bell on the front door jingled, signifying a customer. The person who walked in was the red-head from across the street. Dongho mutttered darkly under his breath as he stopped cleaning the table he was working on to take the man's order. The man took his time scanning the large menu behind Dongho's head, and Dongho sighed in annoyance while tapping his foot.

"Uhm, I'll take an expresso, and an iced caramel-chocolate latte please." He spoke, smiling, and his eyes brightened as he recited the order.

"Seven dollars even." Dongho announced, punching numbers into the cash register. After the man handed Dongho his money, he shouted out to Kevin.

"Yo Kev! An expresso and a Number Three!"

"Alright! Give me a minute or two." As Kevin began brewing the drinks, the red-head began to whistle. Looking at Dongho's bored face, he decided to strike up a conversation.

"Uh, hi. My name is Kiseop, and my best friend and I just opened up the bakery across the street." Kiseop spoke, smiling cheerfully.

"Yeah, uh-huh." Dongho mumbled, checking his nails. Not noticing that conversation partner wasn't paying attention to him, Kiseop kept on talking.

"So my friend Soohyun-hyun, the one that I memtioned earlier, talked me into opening a bakery, and he I am!" Kiseop finished with a smile.

"One expresso and," Kevin cut himself off when he saw Kiseop. His hair was parted off to the side, and his bangs fell into his bright, chacolate brown eyes. Clearing his throat, he shook his head.

"And an iced caramel-chocolate latte."

"That's me, kasahamnida!" Kiseop said excitedly, taking his order, and bowing. Shaking his head, Dongho mumbled something that Kiseop didn't quite catch.

"I'm sorry, what?" Kiseop asked innocently.

"I said, 'Have fun failing in your crappy bakery.' " Kiseop sttod there shocked, and Kevin's heart panged slightly at the boy's hurt expression.

"Ohh...uhm.. okay." Kiseop mumbled, walking away. The door opened and closed as he left, the little bell above the door jingling. Kevin just sttod there, staring at his dongsaeng.

"What the hell was that for?" He snapped at the younger. The black haired male stared at him like he had grown a second head.

"What? I was just telling him the truth! You said so yourself, so why are you acting like it's such a big deal?" Dongho snapped back, resuming his table duties.

"Well don't be so direct about it. He's obviously very naive, so let the economy break his spirit." Sighing, Kevin went back to clean the coffee machines. Halfway done, a thought popped into his head.

"Wait, why the hell did I just defend him?"

~~~~~BREAK~~~~~

Kiseop walked out of the coffee shop with a few unshed tears in his dark chocolate eyes. Pressing the button for the crosswalk with his elbow, he waited for the light to switch to green. Making his way across the street, he opened the door to his own shop. Eyeing a customer in one of the booths, she had a double chocolate chip muffin.

"Oh, that's a great choice, I made those fres about a half hour ago. I hope you enjoy it!" Kiseop smiled, and the woman blushed as she smiled back. and bat her eyelashes in a flirtatious manner. He winked at her, and her blush intensified. Kiseop giggled, shaking his head as he delivered Soohyun's expresso. Sipping at his own drink, he smiled contendidly with the cool, sweet flavor.

"Hyung, I got your coffee." Kiseop spoke as he walked behind the counter to see his friend wiping up some batter he spilled on the floor.

"Thanks Seoppie, just set it on the counter. Oh, and do you think you can make a fresh batch of sugar cookies?" Soohyun added as an afterthought.

"No problem hyung." Kiseop told him, smiling wide, and showing off his teeth. Soohyun smiled back at him, and sipped some of his own coffee.

"Where did you get these Kiseop, it's really good." Kiseop froze slightly at the thought of the two boys who ran the coffee shop. Shaking it off, he looked towards Soohyun.

"I got them from across the street." Soohyun notced how hesitant Kiseop was about his answer, and questioned him about it.

"It's nothing hyung, the cashier over there was just a little rude." After that, Soohyun said nothing and went back to enjoying his drink. Kiseop went to the kitchen and grabbed the ingrediants he needed to make the cookie batter Soohyun spilled.

"Okay so butter, milk, eggs, and...sugar! Of course you need sugar for sugar cookies!" Kiseop laughed lightly as he spoke to himself. Twenty minutes later, the cookkie batter was in the oven, and the timer was set for an hour. Cleaning up his mess, he looked to the front end and glimpsed a familiar face.

"Yes, may I take your order?" Soohyun asked, doing his job.

"One red velvet cupcake please." The voice said.

"On it!" Kiseop yelled from the back. Ten minutes later, he presented a beautifully garnished cupcake to the person he had seen not even an hour ago.

"Thank you," he said, and looked toward Kiseop, " And I'd like to apologize for Dongho earlier. My name is Kevin."

~~~~~BREAK~~~~~

I finished the first chapter! Woot! The next chapter should be up next Saturday. I'll try and do a weekly update. Let's see how this goes! Love you all, and don't forget to comment, subscribe, and upvote! Muuuaaahhhh <3