Her first date

A Day with You

 

Eun Ae was nervously walking towards the back door holding her backstage pass with her body bag hanging on her shoulder. She arrived at the door and met eyes with a scary, tall and big body guard. He looked down to get a better look at the girl's face and she just blinked at him with a little fright in her heart.

 

“Do you have a pass?” the body guard asked. “Uh.. Nee.” she stuttered and with her shaking hands, she handed him the piece of paper. After checking if the pass is valid, the big man gave Eun Ae a big smile as he opened the door for her. “Have a great day miss.” He told and the girl bowed as a thanks before going in to the building.

The girl was still wandering on how big the place is when a familiar man came running towards her way smiling like he’s looking at a very important person. That familiar face she always sees on those EXO fan shots especially on their airport pictures.

He was none other than, EXO’s manager who always makes sure that his kids are comfortable and covers the boys from all those eye damaging camera flashes.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.” He greeted and Eun Ae bowed to greet back. “Miss, Eun Ae right?” he asked surprising the girl. she couldn’t believe that she was actually talking to EXO’s famous manager hyung.

Her hands got cold from nervousness and without her knowing it, she replied with a muttered ‘yes’ with her nonstop shaking jaws. The girl already looked like she’s going to die from nervousness and she’ve only just met their manager. Who knows what will happen when she actually meet the 12 guys he’s taking care of and especially her bias, Xiumin.

 

 

“That’s great; we’ve been waiting for you.” He told and motioned the girl to follow him. ”Let’s go and meet the others.” He escorted her to the busy hallway and made sure she’s not bumped and have enough space to breathe. He then stopped in front of the room with EXO sign on it and turned to Eun Ae with a beam. “We’re here.” He cooed and reached the doorknob to open the door. He let the girl in first and they there are, the 8 Korean and 4 Chinese guys who changed her life completely.

Her world stopped before she as she can only see the twelve shining in perfection.

 

The 12 and the coordinators all looked at her and greeted with a friendly smile and a bow, and she was just standing there, frozen. Her hands began shaking and her knees felt weak as never before, she can feel her heart ready to explode not being able to handle its fast beating.

 

Then, a voice snapped her out from her daze, the voice she never thought she’d here live, in person and this close. “Hello Eun Ae-ssi, we’re EXO.” Xiumin beamed. “Nice to finally meet you.” He added making the girl just blink.

*He knows me? They know me?!* She asked herself. It took every single effort on her body to respond with a bow along with the words ‘Nice to meet you too’

 

“So, any request for our special fan?” Kris asked with a smile that almost made her brain stop functioning. They waited for a minute of silence to let her respond and forcing her body to do what she want, she managed to say a simple “Uhm…”. They waited for its continuation but she was hesitating and held the strap of her bag.

“What is it Eun Ae-ssi?” Chanyeol asked. “Don’t be shy, it’s okay.” He assured with a big white smile.

 

Eun Ae almost cried in their kindness and her happiness thinking if she really deserve such a good thing to happen in her life. She took something out from her bag and with a bow, she said “Uhm… this… can I have a sign please?” she pleaded as she showed them the two versions of their latest albums.

 

“Uh… sure.” They all said with an awkward and disappointing tone. They expected for her to ask more and to add with that, she still feel intimidated to the 12 and instead of handing them the albums directly; she passed it to their manager so he could hand it to her idols who was looking at her weirdly.

The manager, still confused, was sensitive enough and delivered the albums to the 12 without saying anything.

 

“A sign is it then.” Suho smiled at the girl before taking the EXO-K version of the album and started signing it while Kris took the other one and signed on it too. “Make it special guys.” Xiumin told as their leader passed him the album to sign. “Yes, sir.” Kyungsoo cutely cooed and started signing the other one.

 

They were all busy on the albums as she watched them diligently writing on them making the girl smile. Soon, they all finished signing both albums and gave it to her. But of course, she hesitated to go as she expected the manager who delivered it, to give it back to her.

 

“Here you go.” Kris stretched his arm to give Eun Ae the album but she was still on the other side of the room making it clearly impossible to get them without moving closer to them. “I want you to get it this time.” Baekhyun requested with aegyo making the girl's heart explode.

 

“C-can i? Really?” she asked. the girl was already satisfied seeing them in person and letting her near them made her think it’s more than enough. They all chuckled at the girl's question and chorused a big ‘of course’.

“Now, come and get your special autographed albums from us.” Xiumin motioned for Eun Ae to come and she obliged. She walked towards them and took the two albums before bowing saying her thanks that got followed by sniffles.

 

 

They all panicked and let out a forced awkward laugh to ease the awkward mood. “Why are you crying?” Kyungsoo asked as he scooted towards the girl with worried eyes. “It’s okay.” Kris patted the girl’s head assuring her to comfort. She never knew those idols of hers are this nice and warm. It was too good to be true, she said to herself.

Lay handed Eun Ae a Kleenex and flashed the girl his dimple-lethal smile. “Here, please don’t cry anymore.” He said and the girl couldn't help but just nod as she took the tissue before bowing.

 

Then, a pair of arms wrapped around her shoulders giving the girl a back hug surprising the hell out of her soul. “Aigoo. Don’t cry, it’s bad for you.” her bias’ voice rang on her ears making her face, red as tomato.

“Xiumin hyung is right; you should be happy Eun Ae-ssi.” Tao said wiping a tear on the girl's cheek. “Ohh, your eyes are beautiful.” He added making Eun Ae blush even more.

 

Xiumin playfully pushed Tao away from the girl with his one arm and said “Hey, no stealing. She’s my fan.” with a pout.

“I’m just telling the truth, hyung. Aigoo, so over protective.” Tao said and pouted.

“Now, now… stop arguing.” Kris told. “And Minseok-ah, you’re making her feel uncomfortable.” He added pointing to Eun Ae's stoned body.

 

“Oops. Sorry.” Xiumin said and let go of the girl making her body feel heavy at the loss of contact.

 

“So, any request?” Chanyeol asked. “How about a group photo?” he suggested. “That’s a great idea!” Baehyun cheered and get the Polaroid in his bag.

“Let’s go.” Xiumin took the girl's hand and guided her to the center of the 12. Manager hyung took the camera and snap the photo for the 12 including Eun Ae. After that, Xiumin gave her the photo with a smile.

“You can have it as a remembrance.” He said and winked at her. “Any things you want to do with us or she want us to do for you?” he asked and she shook her head no. This photo and the autographed albums are more than enough. she can’t possibly ask for more.

 

“Oh? That’s it?” Sehun asked and she nodded. “You sure, we could make Chen hyung and Baek hyung do a dance battle together?” Kai suggested earning a smack on the nape from Baekhyun. “This brat!” he hissed at Kai and turned to Eun Ae. “On second thought, we could do that and if you want I’ll show you my famous light dance.” Baekhyun told the girl but she shook her head again saying no. They’re so kind and she doesn’t want to abuse their kindness.

 

“Stop asking her.” Xiumin told s and turned to the girl with a smile. “Now that you don’t have any more requests, we’ll get going on our date then.” He held her hand intertwining his hands with hers and dragged the girl out grabbing the albums from Kris and Suho on the way. The boys waved their goodbyes to the two but Eun Ae didn’t even have the chance to react with it. She’re too shock on what’s happening to her today.

 

The two reached the parking lot and Minseok opened the door for the girl. Of course, she went in without a word, still shocked on what was happening. He went in to the driver’s seat and after helping the girl with her seatbelt; he smiled at her and asked. “Where do you want to go? Any place you want to visit on your 1st date?”

 

The girl was a bit taken aback by his question, how did he know that this will be her 1st date? But of course she doesn’t get an idol to ask her for a date every day and grabbed the opportunity. Eun Ae answered his question by giving him her diary, opened in a page where she have the list of ‘Must do‘ on her first date.

 

* Go to the Lotte world

* Watch movies

* Seat together on a park bench while eating ice cream.

 

Xiumin took a mental note of the things they have to do today in his mind and returned the diary to Eun Ae before starting the car engine. “To the Lotte World then!” he cheered and drove away.

 

The two arrived in Lotte World and had a great time. They both only rode carousel and some mild rides because the girl can’t ride big rides. But in spite of that, she’ve never once felt regret or bad as Minseok made sure to keep her on the happy mood even though he really wanted to ride the Atlantis and the Gyro drop badly.

 

After that fun ride, they both went to a restaurant and he ordered everything the girl wanted and paid for all of it. He also made sure she’s in a comfortable place to eat and even made sure she was eating well before he started eating.

 

 

He’s the most thoughtful and caring person she have ever met in her life making the girl feel proud of her self for picking him as her bias. Even though he’s not as famous as the other members, he always does his best and never stops aiming the top as he takes care of s at the same time.

Xiumin is also not Chinese but he chose to venture to China to do music. She admired his she admired his strong will and braveness, how he is brave to face another world where he doesn't understand a word and how he tries his very hardest to learn, to explore and to discover new things, his passion for music and his will to fulfill his dreams to change for a brighter day, things that she never had.

 

After having lunch, they both went to the cinema and of course, he let Eun Ae pick the movie to watch. She picked a romcom one and the two of them went to the snack bar before going in.

She adored on how the boy takes note of every single details of everything. He didn’t have to ask what kind of drink she wanted because water is the only option for her, and that she doesn’t like salty things so he bought sweetened popcorn instead. He didn’t want Eun Ae to feel insecure because of not being able to eat or drink any good snacks so he didn’t bought himself anything that she can’t eat nor drink.

 

They both entered the cinema and watched the movie. To their luck, the movie was a good one and the girl enjoyed it quite a lot, but she can’t say the same for Xiumin because he was so busy looking at her every 10 seconds wanting to make sure she’s okay and comfortable.

The movie ended and they went to a park nearby and sat on a bench under the tree letting the girl rest and mostly, Xiumin who took care of her the whole day.

 

Eun Ae looked at her idol and even though he’s doing his best to hide it, he was obviously tired. After all, they just filmed a concert and haven’t got any sleep since yesterday. Then he has to take care of her. The girl kind of felt bad and stood up from her seat as she turned to him with a smile.

 

“Go and rest, I’ll get us some ice cream.” she said and as expected, Xiumin insisted on buying it for the both of them. With half an hour of pleading, Eun Ae managed to win his permission to go and buy the treat by herself as it was not too far from the seat. She made him lie down and rest before walking away to buy the said treat.

 

 

After a few minutes, the sun was about to set and she got back to the bench to see Xiumin still resting on the bench with his droopy eyes. The girl smiled at the lovely sight and went towards him covering his face from the sun’s ray.

 

“Did you bought it?” he asked with his eyes still closed.

“No, it’s already late and I couldn’t make it.” Eun Ae replied.

“Should we find a store nearby?” he asked and was about to sit up but the girl stopped him.

“It’s okay.” she told and sat beside him. She tapped her thighs covered by long skirt and told him to rest his head on it. Xiumin then, turned to the girl and obliged closing his eyes again as he lay in comfort.

 

Eun Ae brushed the idol's bangs and fixed her hair on the other side of her shoulder so it wouldn’t touch the idol’s face. She stared at his perfect features and leaned down to give him a kiss on the forehead before saying ‘Thanks for today’

 

 

 

The boy was almost asleep when he felt soft lips touch his forehead and heard his fan's voice saying 'thank you'. He was very happy to be able to give his fan happiness and wanted to respond to her thanks giving but his tired body kept on doing what it wants and rest. But then, a loud scream hollered in the whole park making Xiumin bolt up from his resting position.

 

 

“HELP! THE GIRL FAINTED!” the woman screamed in panic and Xiumin turned to the girl's seat to see no one. He then turned and saw the ice cream shop still open and in front of it was a forming crowd to see his date lying on the ground.

He wasted no time and dashed towards his the girl but he was too late. Then, a thought rushed to his mind.

 

“Did you bought it?” he asked with his eyes still closed.

“No, it’s already late and I couldn’t make It.” she replied.

 

Now, he knew what she meant and looked at the girl's peaceful face. She had a smile on her lips and a calm contented expression, like she was just having a good dream.

 

 

 

Eun Ae has a rare heart disease. There was no cure for this illness and the doctors could only prolong her life by giving her medicaments. But the time where her body stopped accepting those medications came and her heart could only beat for another 24 hours.

That is when the doctors and her parents decided to discharge her from the hospital and let her have her last wish by seeing her idols, EXO. Knowing this, the EXO members agreed on the request and Xiumin volunteered to spend the last hours of the girl’s life with him as well as seeing one of his fans off.

 

He smiled bitterly as he caressed his fan’s face lovingly. “I’ll promise you that I’ll work even harder so I could give you a better stage, you better watch me from up there. I’ll never forget you, Eun Ae-ssi so don’t forget me either, okay?” he said and a gentle breeze blew his way as he looked at the pink-violet sky with his fan resting on his lap.