Are You Cold?

Cold

It was a big difference from when the other four were around.

It was quieter, somewhat lonelier. She unlocked her phone and put her music on shuffle, deafening out the awkward silence that they were making.

She looked over to the sidewalk, looking at him through the corners of her eyes.

His face looked almost angelic, it was hard to describe it. The current state of weather they were in had also helped in that process. (Which was freezing with lots and lots of snow.) Yes, he wasn't as attractive as Jongin, or as well-built and charismatic like Minho-sunbae but she found him perfect, in his own little way. She pried her eyes away from the sidewalk and took a glance at him, fully taking in the view of the side of his face.

Those white lips and pale face breathing in snowflakes and making pouty faces was something that could never, ever be etched out of her memory.

That image would torture her in her sleep and her waking hours in school, reminding her that 'yes, you still love him and find him amazing in any sort of way, screw every thought of getting over him.'

She had tried to pry her eyes off of him, but with no success. She cursed herself under her breath for letting herself put her guard down.

'Get a hold of yourself, Jung Soojung. He's just a boy, it's not like you've ever seen one before.'

But it's the boy you love.

He had finally noticed her staring and smiled that wide, bright smile that always made her heart beat faster and shred it to pieces at the same time.

She quickly looked away, her face starting to redden.

"You were staring." He states, with that knowing smirk and i-knew-it-so-don't-deny-it face.

"I wasn't staring. Your imagining things." She groaned, giving him a tiny glare.

He chuckled and oh god, it shouldn't be called chuckling anymore, it sounded like bells ringing.

"Krystal Jung, stop denying it."

She scoffed and the awkward silence had started once again.

It's hard to keep a conversation with you whenever i'm like this, it's no wonder you like Jinri.

I'm not like Jinri.

You like Jinri.

Not m--

"Achoo!" She sneezed, covering half of her face with her jacket sleeve and afterwards taking out her phone to change the song.

"Krys, are you cold?"

She looked up from her cell phone and looked at him with disbelief.

"No Chanyeol, I'm ing sweating 'cause it's so hot. Of course i'm cold, can you take a hint?"

She bit her lip in consideration while jumbled thoughts laced with frenzied emotion ran through her head.

Cold? Since this is an honest question, I'll respond honestly. Of course I am, why the hell would I not be? It's ing minus twenty and we're walking home from the subway we just took with four other friends because the school bus was going to be fourty minutes late. If we were going to be completely honest without the sarcastic remarks, and this is probably an overreaction; I'd say i love you, but only because my everything is cold and my hands are shaking from the snow I threw at Chen earlier and I'm not sure if I want to mention it because I forgot my gloves in my locker or if I really just want you to hold my hand until we get to your house and I have to walk home by myself. Because it was an overreaction, and I'm biting my bottom lip and staring at your gloveless hand because someone somewhere said that love is energy and if we create enough of it equals heat. So instead of overthinking everything like the kind of person I am, I'll just hold your hand...but I won't stop shaking. 

He laughed at me.

"Just making sure."

She looked at him warily.

They stopped in front of a cozy, yellow house.

"Well, this is me."

She had opened about to utter a 'goodbye', but he started to unwrap his monstrous, almost snake-like knitted scarf and proceeded to slowly and carefully wrap it around her neck and smiling at the finished product.

A warm, wrapped up Krystal.

"There, so you won't get cold the rest of the way home."

"Do--"

"No. I have another at home. Mom wanted me to give this one to you anyways. Goodnight Krys, see you tomorrow." He started walking and had waved from behind.

She smiled warmly.

"Goodnight, see you tomorrow." She murmured, waiting until he had gone in and closed the door before starting the two-block journey to her own house.

Cold? Not so much. 

Feeling butterflies? Yes.

In love? Hell to the yes.

She grinned.

"I'm not so cold anymore. Achoo!"

Well, maybe not completely.


whut, i had just written 797 words of a 90% accurate experience of mine. which parts were purely fictional? him catching me staring and the whole scarf shabang. needless to say, i had caught a cold that day which was crappy but yeah. it was pretty much how sad my love life is. as implied, chanyeol/the guy doesn't like krystal/me back, and likes a close friend of mine which will be sulli in this story. hope you enjoyed, thanks for reading!