I Love You Even if it Kills Me

Eternal Love (A Story of Best Friends)

 

“Donghae oppa! Palli! We`re gonna be late.” Ji Eun knocked her best friend`s room as she tries to peek on a hole. “Omo!”, she almost fell down when Donghae opened the door.

“Yah!”, he was also surprised when he saw Ji Eun almost fell down, luckily he caught. “Aigoo this girl, cant you wait for me outside?”, he smirked. “Gwenchana?”

She nodded. “Uhm, gwenchana. But what did you really do that it took you almost an hour in your room?”

“Kaja! We`re gonna be late.”, he insisted.

“Arasso.”, she grasped for his hand and enclosed it with hers. “Oppa,”

He got confused seeing their hands enclosed together.  “Wae?”

“I like your new hairstyle.  It really suits you. You look manlier with that.”

“Neh, I like it too.”

 

They finally arrived to their room. Donghae and Ji Eun are classmates.  Wherever one of them goes, the other one will follow,  whenever the other one wants to eat, the other one will eat whether he/she`s full or not.  They both do their home works together before they go home, it`s either they eat on a fast food restaurant or have a sleepover in one`s house.  They have original bond together.  They only stick to each other. Almost all the people around them suspect them to have a mutual understanding. They are childhood friends. They met each other when they were still young.  Their houses are next to each other so in case of unexpected emergency,  they are always ready  and open for each other.

Mrs. Lee, Donghae`s mom likes Ji Eun for him. So she keep on wondering why Donghae never had a plan to court her.  She`s a perfect girl to a man like him. Ji Eun is very nice and always respects Mrs. Lee. Whenever she`s in their house, she never forgets to bring fruits or any needs that Mrs. Lee really likes. For Mrs. Lee, Ji Eun is her ideal wife for Donghae, aside from being very gentle and affectionate, she`s very fond and devoted to Donghae. Ji Eun already confessed her feelings towards Donghae to his mom.  She likes him so much. Like is not enough to describe how much she feels for him, it`s LOVE. She confessed her feelings to Mrs. Lee,  when they were still young, she really feels a different feeling for him, that she feels really safe when she`s with him, she feels secured and protected when he`s around. Ji Eun almost cried telling these to Mrs. Lee. On her 20 years of existence, she only liked him. She only likes  LEE DONGHAE. She`s waiting for the time when he will literally confess his  bona fide feelings for her,  but that`s if he feels the same towards her. If he sees her as a best friend only, Ji Eun can accept it as long as they will be best of friends forever. She cant oblige him to love her. 

 

BACK TO THE PRESENT.  Ji Eun was waiting for him under the tree where they sometimes make their home work. She`s almost there for an hour but he cant foresee even a shadow of him.

“Aigoo, we need to finish this before it gets dark.”, he pouted. “Where the heck is he?”

It`s almost dim and she really cant see him, she went to their house to check if he`s home already. If he really is. “You`re dead LEE DONGHAE!”

“Omma!”, she yelled Mrs. Lee`s name. “Is DOnghae oppa already home?”

“Ji Eun, he`s still not here, I thought you``ll go home together.?”

“I waited for him inside the campus, but I guess he wasn’t there anymore so I decided to go home.”, she worriedly responded. “Aigoo, where could he be?”

 

“Im home.”, a drunk Donghae entered the house.

“Oppa!”, the only word she said when she saw him.

“Son, what`s wrong with you? Why are you.......?”, Mrs. Lee frowned seeing her son in this condition.

“Ji Eun! You go home.”, he commanded.

“When did you learn how to drink? Huh?”,  she sat him on the couch.

“None of your business.”, he glared.

“UH? None of my business? How come?”

“I said go home.”

“Do you know i waited for you for 2 hours in the campus? I waited for you for 2 hours oppa but you didn’t come just because you get drunk?”

“Did i tell you to wait for me?”

“Oppa, what`s happening to you? Do you have a problem?”

“You`re my only problem so get lost.”

“Mworago?”, she was shocked. “Since when did I became a problem of yours?”

“I don`t wanna see you anymore. I don’t want you to come here in my house.  I dont want you to fetch me every morning.  I don’t want you to wait for me every dismissal time.  I don’t need you. Dont ever stick to me anymore. FORGET ME! You understand?”, he stood up.

“Donghae-ah, what`s happening to you? What are you telling her?”, Mrs. Lee interfered.

Her tears wanted to fall. “Waeyo? Did I do something wrong?”

“Just get lost.”, his tears fell from his swollen eyes.

“SARANGHAE!”, she finally confessed to him. “I`ve been wanting to tell you this.”, her tears also escaped from her eyes. “Now, you`re telling me to forget you?  You`re telling me to stay away from you? Ottuhke? “

“LEAVE!”, he pointed out the door.

“Aniyo. I want you to answer me. Don’t you feel anything for me? “, she closed the door.

“Do you want to know?”, he fiercely asked.

“Neh. I want to know.”

“I ....C...CAN...CANT LOVE YOU!”, he screamed. “I can’t love you. You should find your own way and don’t just depend on me. I am not the right one for you. Get a better life and forget me.”

All she can do is to shook her head. She can’t believe it. She opened the door and her feet led her to a place where they used to go. All the memories replayed back. She can only cry her tears away. The sweet memories which she treasures a lot made her cry. The sweet memories which tore her now helpless and fragile heart.

Days passed, and they never saw each other, even just a glimpse. Ji Eun went to school alone but Donghae was not in class for almost 4 days. She wanted to go to their house but the words he said always contradicts her. She was  undeniably worried. As his best friend, she should do what is right. So she dialled his mom`s number and ask where he is that he was absent for 4 days in class.

“Isn`t he in school? He dressed up with his school uniform a while ago.”

“But he`s not here mom.  He was absent for almost 4 days so I`m kinda worried. “

“WHAT? 4 days?”

“Uhm, I thought he`s just sick mom.”

“But, he`s not here. Aigoo. What`s happening to him?”

 

She looked around the campus but found no DOnghae inside. She started to worry a lot. “Should I call him?” With a bit hesitation, he dialled his phone number. But he seemed to be not answering it. “Oppa, you should pick up the phone.” Ottuhke? He`s not answering my phone calls. Where could he be?

 

“Ji Eun!”, a panting voice of a girl came from the back.

“Wae?”

“Palli, follow me!”, she seems frightened.

“Wae? What happened?”

“FASTER!  You should be fast.”, the girl was really nervous.

She started to become nervous too. Her feet just followed the direction where the girl goes. “Where are we going?”

The girl stopped in a group of crowd in front of an unused and dusty building in the campus. “You go inside.”

“Wae? What`s the matter inside?” , her heart beats faster than the normal one.

“They said a group of fraternity did this to him.”, she stuttered.

“To who?”

“Ji Eun, DOnghae oppa was involved in a hazing.”

“MWORAGO?”, her eyes widely opened. Her body trembled unstoppably. “You`re just making fun of me, right?”

“Ani... Im telling the truth. Someone found him just this morning here.”

“You`re joking, right?”, her tears escaped from her eyes. She shook her head. “Joke.Joke.Joke.Joke!”

“That`s  Ji Eun, right?”,  a professor of the campus asked the students.  He neared her. “Can we have an interview?”

“Mwo?”, she shook her head.

“I feel so sad on what`s happening right now.   He has been a good student. I didn’t expect this to happen.”

“Professor Ji, what are you talking about?”

“I know how you feel  Ji Eun, I understand you.”

She hurriedly entered the building to confirm what is really happening.  A group of local police investigating HIM appeared on her sight. She kneeled down to the fact that she cant believe this is really happening. “Oppa, you cant be like this!”, she shook her head. “You cant be like this! You wake up! Oppa!”, she hugged Donghae firmly. “How did you involve yourself with this? Oppa, waeyo? Please wake up! WAKE UP! How can you leave me like this?”

 

 After some days of mourning, Mrs. Lee found a message on her son`s phone. Ji Eun was always beside the coffin examining her best friend.  Tears falling continuously as she reminisces the memories since they were young.  She never left him, nor eat or sleep. “Oppa,who did this to you?”,she clenched her fists. “Who the heck did this to you?”

“Ji Eun!”, Mrs. Lee called for her attention. 

“Uhm?”, she asked without looking at her.

“Look at this.”, she showed his phone as tears still escaping her eyes. It`s really uneasy to see your son in a coffin, knowing that he wont be with you for a long time, but as his mom, she understands how he feels. After she read the message in his inbox, she let Ji Eun read it too.

Please don’t  do anything to my best friend. I am willing to give myself. Just please let her go. Don`t  even lay your hands on her. I already did what you asked me to do before. I already abandoned her as my best friend. I know i hurt her feelings. I don’t want to do that but I don’t want her to be harmed by you. I LOVE HER SO MUCH. So don’t ever cause detriment on her. If you do that, I am ready to sacrifice myself for her....even if it kills me!”

Her world collapsed after reading the message. She moaned loudly and hugged Mrs. Lee. Her body started trembling again, the wind blows uncertainly and it gave her goose bumps.  She felt the wind like arms which hugged her. A typical hug which is very familiar to her. “Donghae oppa, is that you?”, her hands trembled. “You listen to me, okay? I love you so much. If you sacrificed yourself for me, them Im ready to sacrifice mine too. I`ll seek justice for you. I`ll look for those people who killed you.  I promise you that.  Dont stop me. What`s the use of ME being your best friend if i wont do anything for you. I`ll seek you justice. Even if it kills me.”

 

Years have passed, Ji Eun married No min Woo, a mysterious guy. He was rumoured to be the leader of the gang that killed Donghae and it was confirmed. No Min Woo killed Donghae. One night, on their subdivision, their neighbours  overheard simultaneous explosions from their house which made all of them panicked. The local police then again arrived and found So Ji Eun lying on the floor bathing with her own blood but they also found No Min Woo, who seemed to hung himself on a rope after killing his wife.

That`s how their story ended. Ji Eun promised to him that she`s willing to sacrifice herself for him even if it kills her. She never wanted to do this, never in her life did she seek for this. She never planned to kill anyone. But as his best friend, she found a way to take revenge. She didn’t kill Min Woo, but she`s happy now that he repented what he have done as human. Though he killed them both, Ji Eun felt happy coz DOnghae and her can live together again.  They might not be living physically for now, they are now together on each other`s hands, living on the other world............... as a COUPLE

 

A one shot fanfic again. :) Well, I know it`s very sad. Mianhe. 

I hope you guys love the story just ike how much you love COFFEE PRINCESS and my other fanfics. 

 

KyuAnnHae