Frustrated

Heartbeats and Banters

Mirai yawned as she made her coffee for that morning. Her first class was with Maki-sensei and that wasn’t until 9 in the morning. She checked her phone and was surprised to see a message from Maki-sensei and it was sent at 2 in the morning! It must’ve been an emergency! When she opened the message though, it was Maki telling her that she wouldn’t be able to attend the class that morning. Apparently she had to take care of someone.

So it was her job to give the text brigade and tell her other classmates that they wouldn’t have class with Maki-sensei that morning.

“Sugoii we get the morning off!” Mirai’s roommate Suzuka came padding into the room as she nursed her own cup of coffee.

“Want to join Ryosuke and I for breakfast?” Mirai asked.

Suzuka however shook her head and smiled. “Oh come on I wouldn’t want to be the third wheel.”

Mirai amusedly rolled her eyes. “Since when have you been the third wheel?”

“Uhm Always?” Suzuka answered. “You and Ryou just look all lovey dovey and sh*t that it’s too obvious I’m just a companion.”

Mirai knew her friend was kidding but she also didn’t want Suzuka to feel that way. “Alright alright.” Mirai said. “Ryou and I will keep it simple, come on. It’s rare that we have a morning off, let’s eat!”

They decided to meet with Ryosuke at a certain café which was not very far from the dorms.

Mirai and Suzuka arrived, to see Ryosuke chose to sit outside where the warm sun could touch their skins. He was at the corner part and had a nice view of people passing by.

Suzuka leaned close to her friend. “Ne Mirai-chan, ever notice how people always seem to stare at Ryosuke?”

Mirai snapped her head over to her boyfriend. Suzuka was right. Ryosuke was only sitting there, drinking on a cup of coffee and yet people, (well okay, girls) always seemed to stare at him as if he was a piece of art from a museum.

“He’s too good-looking for his own good.” Suzuka commented with a snicker.

Mirai chuckled as they moved closer. But Suzuka was right. Sometimes she wondered what Ryosuke ever saw in her.

“Ohayo!” Her thoughts were cut short when Ryosuke approached them when they were near and gave her a small peck on the cheek.

“Ohayo.” She greeted back while Suzuka siled and chose to sit down on the chair.

“Ne, so what happened to Maki-sensei?” Ryosuke asked while he and Mirai sat down.

Suzuka answered first before her friend could. “Mirai texted that she had to take care of someone. Hope they’re alright, whatever happened.” She said off-handedly. She really just wanted to eat.

“Oh, so we won’t see her today huh.” Ryosuke said in a rather disappointed tone. This caught Suzuka’s attention.

“Chotto matte! Why are you so sad?” Suzuka asked.

Ryosuke and Mirai both looked at each other whilst Suzuka began formulating thoughts in that pesky little mind of hers. “Oho, Mirai aren’t you jealous?” Suzuka said teasingly. “Ryosuke here has a little crush on our professor.”

“Eh? Chigau yo!” Ryosuke tried defending himself while Mirai stayed quiet, not really sure what to say.

“Oh? What is it then?” Suzuka challenged.

“Etou…” Ryosuke grumbled.

Suzuka chuckled at this. “Oho, It’s alright Ryou, if I were a guy I’d also have a crush on Maki-sensei…”

“It’s not that! I found out she’s…”

“Ryou!” Mirai said in a warning manner. By this time Suzuka felt that the atmosphere had tensed. She turned to Mirai then Ryosuke.

“Hey, what’s going on?”

Mirai wasn’t sure herself. Should they tell Suzuka?

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Was that someone hammering the walls? Tomohisa rolled on the bed. But it was a bad idea to do so. Now he felt like he wanted to throw up. Slowly, his dead-fish eyes started opening. Wait a minute. His vision was slowly changing from a blur to a clear picture. This wasn’t even his apartment! He wasn’t even in his own bed! Oh god... He saw this happen in movies. If he turned around he’d see a faceless woman he had slept with a drunken stupor! Alright, time to get it over with. He turned to his side, ready to see if the woman was at least decent looking when he stopped short. The woman wasn’t just decent looking… she was gorgeous! Because the woman was Maki! He slept with Maki last night? He inched closer while Maki slept on her side, her hands folded beside her cheeks. She looked so cute when she was asleep. Tomohisa smiled to himself. From this angle he could see the mole she had on her left nostril and another one by her right eyebrow. From all the staring, he realized that Maki had her clothes on. Then he turned to himself. He still had his pants on! But his chest was bare. Oh, so I didn’t sleep with her last night. Why did he sound so disappointed?

He tried not shifting too rough because the world started spinning again. He needed to throw up! From all the shifting he did, Maki was rudely awakened.

“Mmmm.” Maki’s eyes slowly opened, the same manner Tomohisa’s did. She wasn’t at all surprised to see Tomohisa right there beside her.

“Tomo, you’re awake, are you alright? I’m pretty sure you have a hang-over.” Her voice was still raspy from waking up and that caused something inside Tomohisa to stir.

Then he remembered he had to throw up. “M-Maki, where’s the bathroom?”

“Eh?” Maki sat up from the bed and quickly helped the man up. Too bad he was so heavy that she had a hard time doing so. “Oh my gosh.”

“Ah gomen.”

Maki heaved the man to the direction of her bathroom, depositing him by the toilet bowl. The moment he kneeled, Tomohisa emptied out no contents at all! Just air and some spit.  Maki sighed as she patted the man’s .

“Now why would you be drinking that much.” She whispered.

Tomohisa stopped himself from answering. Because of you.

“Come on, up you go.” Maki lifted Tomohisa up gently before allowing him to sit back down on the bed.

Tomohisa lied down, closing his eyes for a bit. His world had stopped spinning but he really just wanted to go back to sleep.  He could hear Maki bustling in the next room. After a few minutes he heard the bedroom door opened again and the smell of something heavenly entered his senses.

“Ne Tomo, can you sit up? I have to feed you.”

That was Maki’s voice right? He slowly did as she said and rested back on the headboard. When he opened his eyes, it was to see Maki smiling gently at him as she held up a spoonful of what seemed to be chicken soup.

“Open up, I already know you like my cooking.” She said boastingly.

This  got Tomohisa smiling. He accepted the first spoonful. And then another came, and another and another…

“You finished the whole bowl!” Maki exclaimed like a proud mama. She wiped her hands and smiled at Tomohisa.

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Suzuka’s mouth was agape. Ryosuke and Mirai had just finished telling her what was going on and she was still surprised.

“You’re not joking right?”

“We wouldn’t be joking about something like that Suzuka.” Mirai said timidly. Ryouske was looking everywhere but at them. Looking all thoughtful as he always did.

“So what do you guys plan to do now?”

“I’m building up to it.” Ryosuke said, answering Suzuka’s question. He was still looking at the distance and was very much in his own world

Suzuka turned to Mirai who was silent as ever. “I know it’s hard for Ryosuke but don’t you think it would be hard for Maki-sensei too? You’ve got to tell her someday…”

Mirai sighed and looked at Ryosuke. He just looked so troubled.

“We’re building up to that Suzu-chan.”

=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=o=

Maki sighed as she stared at Tomohisa’s sleeping form. After feeding him and giving him some headache medicine, the man had fallen asleep once again. Now she sat beside him on the bed, wondering why did he have to drink that much. And she herself wondered why she willingly skipped work just to take care of him. Because you care about him. Her brain was talking to her again. Maybe she should stop lying to herself? Looking at Tomohisa, seeing him like this, just got her feeling all jumbled up. She was suddenly reminded of the times he cared for her. How he was always there. Literally she wanted to slap herself. Was this all it took for her to awaken from everything?

From all her thinking, she didn’t realize that Tomohisa was beginning to wake up.

“Ne Maki…” He groaned.

Maki sat up at that and moved forward. “Are you feeling better now?” She asked worriedly.

What she didn’t expect was Tomohisa to look frustrated.  The man closed his eyes for a second before looking back at her.

“Maki-chan, I know I’ve never taken a serious relationship but I wasn’t all that bad.” Why the heck was he telling her this stuff? But he continued anyways. “I’m not cut out for this. It’s torture.”

“Tomo what are you ta--”

Tomhisa tried sitting up only to get a few meters. Maki looked at him, wondering what his next move will be.

Sighing, the man chuckled slowly. “I guess this is what the friend-zone feels like huh? I have to stay away first Maki-chan, or else I won’t be able to stop myself anymore.”

Frustrate, Maki looked at the man. “Will you stop talking in riddles and tell me what is happening?”

Tomohisa bit the inside of his cheek. He chuckled to himself before turning to Maki. “Last night I got drunk because I was just so mad at myself for getting jealous. I felt like an idiot. And I was mad because I made you feel bad and I didn’t want you to be.” He sighed, scrunching up his hair. “And then you go and do all of this for me. You don’t make it easier for me either.” He said. He realized he was acting all dramatic with this stuff and bowed his head. “Gomenasai for all the trouble Maki-chan. I owe you.” He started to stand up, not caring that he was only in his pants when Maki also stood up.

She looked at him fiercely. “Look Tomo, I’m sorry you felt that way but I was troubled too! You have to give me some time.”

Her fierce demeanor shocked him as she continued. “But I think I’ve already decided Tomo.”

“Decided? About what?” Tomohisa asked, a little surprised.

The next thing happened shocked them both. Maki leaned up on her tiptoes and pulled Tomohisa forward before giving him the most passionate kiss he’d experienced in his life.

=================================================================================================================

AN: I'm back! I'm so sorry it's been too long T_T hope I make up with this chapter! any guesses what's happening with Ryosuke and Maki? :D comment please! and thanks for reading! love you all!