Air-borne Love

Air-borne Love

 

It is your first time in Korea and you're at Incheon airport, waiting to catch a flight to Jeju-Do. You had some manga with you and you were reading it for time pass. The flight was delayed and you had nothing better to do than reading.

Even though you were a little nervous about your solo journey to Korea, the place and the people gave you strength. And somewhere in your mind, you knew that your oppas were there on this very land and maybe, you would even get to meet them.

B1A4 was going to have a concert in six days and you are going to attend it, for the very first time. Till then, you've decided to go sightseeing.

"What are you reading?" A shy voice reached your ears but even before that, a beautiful hand came from behind and took the book from your hand. You turned around and saw a pretty-eyed boy in a Blue and Orange T-shirt standing behind you. You could hardly see his face because he had a bandanna like mask covering half of his face. He must be very handsome, you thought.

"Ah, this one, I know this one. Do you like it?" He asked as he sat next to you.

"Yes, it's my favourite manga," you replied confidently.

“Oh, cool!” You could feel that he was grinning beneath the mask.

You sat around and chatted for some time and then it was time for you to board your plane. You said your goodbyes to your fellow stranger and went ahead.

As you entered the flight and settled down, the attendant came to you with a request.

“Ma’am, there’s an old lady in the first class compartment who wants to shift here. She’s sick and she cannot adjust there. She’s a little nostalgic or something and she’s adamant that she wants this seat. Can you please, just for this once, comply with us? We’re extremely sorry about this.”

“Oh, no. I’m okay. I can shift to the other class.” You were shocked at the request though. Who in their right minds would want to travel in economy class than first class?

You walked into the other compartment and settled down. There’s enough time for you to take a nap. You adjusted yourself and were ready for a nap. A gentle tap on your shoulder woke you up.

“Sleeping?” It was the same boy from before.

“Ani. . You’re here?”

“Of course. I was bored that’s why I called you here.” You gave him a quizzical look but he laughed and pulled down his mask.

“Omo. .. Gongchan oppa!”

“Wae. . surprised?”

“Very! You’re my bias! How will I not be surprised! I don’t know how to react! Aigoooo!”

“Ah, so I am your bias. I thought you’re the girl on whom I had a crush!” He winked at you. His naughty smile was somewhat innocent.

A drop of tear formed at the corner of your eyes.

“Omo. . Don’t cry my angel!” He held your face and wiped those tears. “Let’s see. If you stop crying and give me a big smile, oppa will be your personal tour guide at Jeju-do. How is that for a deal?”

“Oppa! You must be busy!” In your mind, you were jumping up and down.

“No. Not that busy. Why don’t you stay with me for a few days? I presume you’ll be coming to our concert? I’ll take you back as my special guest.” He winked again.

“I. . Oppa. . Why are you doing this?”

He gently cupped your head and brought it to his chest. You could hear his heart thumping rapidly. “Because of this. It’s telling me to not let you go out of my sight. So, please. Don’t go anywhere. Stay with me.”

“Oppa.”

“Shh.. Don’t speak .. Let me stay like this for some time.”

You started smiling, even though tears rolled down your cheeks. This was better than any dream.

“This is like a dream for me, Oppa.”

He looked at your face and slowly lowered his head to give you a sweet kiss. But he didn’t stop there. He pulled your face closer and gave your right cheek a nice bite!

“Ah, oppa! It hurts!”

“Still think it’s a dream?” He smiled devilishly at you.

“Ani. Oppa-yah. Please let me stay with you forever.”

Hearing this, he got up from his seat and started searching for something in his backpack. Finally he pulled up a chain with a ring on it. He took out the ring and gently slid it onto your finger.

“This is my mother’s. She told me that there’d be a time when I’d see a girl and my heart will tell me that it’s her. It’s telling me those words now. If this is a dream, let me never wake up. But for now, wear this and be my girl.”

The announcement came that the destination has been reached.  Gongchan pulled up his mask again and silently got out with you. As you walked outside the airport, the diamonds in the ring he put on your fingers shone in the sunlight and you knew that it was never truer than this. It was as real as it could get.