Distance Between Us

Distance Between Us

“You know what… you’re just saying that because you don’t even know him…” a girl said.

“Oh yeah…?” A rogue fan said so…

“Yeah…”

“You know what… We’re just here in America… We are still not able to see our idols… but what I know is that HE’ll never fall in love with you…”

“And why is that?”

“Because…” “you’re just a fan…” she added.

The girl looked straight into the rogue fan’s eyes… “you’ll see…” she said.

 

The girl walked away and went to her classroom…

 

“Oi! Mizuki!”

“What?!”

“I know that we’re both fans… and I know that for myself that it’s just a very high dream that we cannot distinguish whether it can come true or not.” The fan said so.

“But I don’t believe in that… If you really want to reach that dream… you’ll have to work hard to reach it… And that’s what I’m gonna do…” Mizuki said… “I hope someday you’ll meet your idol… Jessica…” she added…

 

Then she walked away and went to her room…

 

Mizuki was a daughter of a pure Japanese father and a half Japanese, half-American mother… She was born and raised in America but she knows how to speak Japanese… He’s father is currently living in Japan where he works and she is currently in America with her mother. During her vacation during her last year in High school, her father brought her to Japan…

 

[Vacation in Japan, Summer 2010, Last year of High School]

 

“Otousan, how are you?” Mizuki said.

“I’m doing fine… How ‘bout you? How’s your mom?” Her dad replied…

“Well, she misses you so much… so do I…”

“Sou ka…” Mizuki smiled to her father… “Let’s go home first then I’ll introduce you to my friend’s son” her father added. Mizuki nodded in response.

 

They went home and Mizuki went to her room and freshened herself up… after that, her father and her went to her father’s friend’s house…

 

DING DONG

 

A guy which Mizuki cannot distinguish whether he’s handsome or cute opened the door…

 

“Ah, Tsukishima-san…” The guy bowed down…

“Yukito-kun… Konnichiwa~” Mizuki’s father bowed also… “This is my daughter… Mizuki…” he introduced.

“Konnichiwa” Yukito bowed to Mizuki… Mizuki bowed in response…

“Douzo~” Yukito lead them the way inside the house…

 

Mizuki’s dad went ahead while Yukito was walking side by side with Mizuki…

 

“So… you’re Mizuki… Your dad always talks about you…” Yukito started.

“Honto?” Mizuki asked.

“Sou dayou~ He always says that you get high grades… you don’t let you parents down and somethings more…”

“Sou ka…”

“Ne~ eru?”

“Nani ga?” Mizuki asked curiously.

“The very popular idols here in Japan is having a concert… my senpai is one of them…”

“Sou ka… What is the group’s name?”

“Hey! Say! Jump…”

“Sou ka… Ne~ Since I’m still here for the whole month, can we go to the concert?”

“Mochiron…” Yukito smiled…

“Do you know where we can buy the tickets?”

“Yeah~” “Let’s meet up with my senpai tomorrow… Oh, by the way, your dad will be on a business trip this month… that’s why you will be staying with us this month… you can stay on my room and I will stay with my sister…” Yukito added…

“Sou ka… how sad… even though I’ll be staying here in Japan for a while… my dad is not with me…” Mizuki’s face became sad.

“Daijoubu dayou~ We’re here… don’t worry… I promise you’ll enjoy this vacation…” Yukito said as he pat’s Mizuki’s back.

“Arigatou ne~ Yuki-chan…” Mizuki smiled.

“Yuki-chan…?” Yukito asked curiously.

“Ah, gomen ne~ I just came up with it randomly…” Mizuki apologized and covered her face with her hands.

“Iie… daijoubu dayou~”

 

They both went inside the house and sat next to their dads in the living room.

 

“Mizuki…” Her dad started.

“Hai?” She asked.

“You’ll be staying with them… we have a business trip this month but I cannot cancel your flight ‘cause you’ve been waiting for this ever since…”

 

Mizuki shooked her head.

 

“Daijoubu dayou~ otousan…”

“I hope you’ll enjoy your stay here… Mizuki-chan…” Yukito’s dad said.

“Arigatou gozaimasu~” Mizuki bowed.

“Oh… tell me if my son bothers you with his fandom ne~” He added.

“Iie… daijoubu desu~…” Mizuki smiled.

“Otousan…!” Yukito said.

 

The night ended with Mizuki moving her things to Yukito’s house and stay at his room…

 

‘Ah… Tsukareta…’ She said in her mind as she lied on the bed…

 

Suddenly, a knock was heard on the door…

 

“Hai… douzo~” She said as she sat on the edge of the bed.

 

Yukito entered her room…

 

“Are you fine here?” He asked.

“Hai~” Mizuki said and smiled at Yukito…

“Ja~ oyasumi ne~ We’ll go to JE tomorrow…”

“JE…?” Mizuki curiously asked.

“Hai… IT’s my senpai’s agency”

“Sou ka… what does it stands for?”

“Johnny’s Entertainment…”

“Sou ka…” She said as she nods.

 

“Ja~”

“Hai… oyasuminasai ne~ Yuki-chan…” Mizuki replied.

 

The next morning… Yukito excitedly went to Mizuki’s room calling out her name loudly…

 

“MIZUKI! MIZUKI! OKIRO!” He shouted loudly as he entered the room… “EH?!” he added as he saw Mizuki still sleeping…

 

He walked towards her and stared at her…

 

‘Chotto kawaii ne~ anata…’ he said to himself.

 

He looked at his watch and saw that it was almost time for them to meet with his senpai that’s why even though he wanted to let her enjoy more of her sleep he had to wake her up… that’s why he woke her up softly…

 

“Mimi…Mimi… mou okiro ne~” He said as he softly shakes her to wake up…

“Hai…?” She said as she rubbed her eyes for her to wake herself up.

“Okiro~ We still have to see my senpai remember…?”

“Un.” She nodded…

“You should go freshen up… I think he’s already waiting for us…”

“Wakarimaa…” She said as she slowly went to the bathroom to freshen herself up.

“I’ll wait for you downstairs ne~”

“Hai~” She said as she turns the shower on…

 

After a few minutes she finished freshening up and then she fixed herself and went downstairs…

 

“Gomen ne~ I’m so slow” she said as she ties her hair.

“Kochi~ Kochi~” Yukito said asking her to go to the dining room to have some breakfast.

 

Mizuki walked towards them and sat at an empty chair…

 

“Ohayo… Mizuki-chan~” A girl greeted her…

“Ohayo gozaimasu~” Mizuki bowed…

“That’s my little sister… Yurina~” Yukito introduced.

“Yoroshiku ne~” Yurina said.

“Hai~ yoroshiku onegaishimasu~” Mizuki replied.

“Eat up… I’ll give you a tour here in Japan…” Yukito said.

“Honto?”

“Yeah~”

“Don’t you want to come Yurina-chan?”

“Don’t ask her… she has a date with her boyfriend…” Yukito little sister.

“Onii-chan…!” Yurina said.

“Eh…? You have a boyfriend?” Mizuki asked…

“ah… hai… One of brother’s senpai’s friend…” she replied.

“Actually it’s my classmate… who happens to be a part of my senpai’s group” Yukito said.

 

After having breakfast they went to JE where Yukito’s senpai is waiting…

“Where is he?” Mizuki asked…

“He’s supposed to be somewhere around here…” He replied as he looked around. “Atta…!” He added as soon as he saw his senpai standing near at the entrance of the building…

 

They went towards him…

 

“Senpai…! Gomenasai ne~ for being late…” Yukito apologized…

“Iie… daijoubu~” his senpai replied… He saw Mizuki and looked at her…

“Konnichiwa~” He greeted happily.

“Un.” She nodded.

“Chinen Yuri desu~” He introduced himself…

‘Uwaaaahh~ I never thought I would see such a wonderful person like him…’ she told herself.

“Moshi-moshi…?” Chinen whispered to her…

“Hai…” Mizuki came back to her senses.

“Yoroshiku ne~” Chinen smiled.

“Hai…” Mizuki bowed.

“Namae wa?”

“Ah… Mizuki desu~ Tsukishima Mizuki… hajimemae” She replied respectfully.

“Ah… sou da…” Chinen faced Nishii… “kore…” He added as he gave him the tickets.

“senpai~ this is too much…” Nishii said as he takes the tickets…

“Daijoubu~ bring as many friends as you want… or if you want you can watch the concert over and over again…” Chinen replied.

“Senpai~” “arigatou gozaimasu~” Nishii added and bowed.

“Sore ja ne~” Chinen said.

“Hai.” Nishii replied.

“I hope to see you at the concert ne~ Tsuki-chan~” Chinen said as he faced Mizuki.

“Eh…? Ah… hai.” Mizuki simply replied without making eye contact with Chinen.

“Ja~” Chinen bade goodbye.

“O-o-kiosukete nasai ne…~” Mizuki said as she waved goodbye to him.

Chinen simply smiled in response.

 

Mizuki told herself that he may be the one she was waiting for.

 

“JA~ ikou ka…?” Nishii asked.

“Ah… hai… doko ataachi ikimasu ka?” Mizuki replied with a question…

“Hmmm…” Nishii response as he started thinking for a good place. “I know a good place for ice cream… want to try?” He added.

“Ii yo~” Mizuki smiled.

 

They went to good places…on their way home, they passed by a shop that sells JE stuffs… Mizuki stopped as she saw a large poster of Chinen Yuri.

 

‘Kirei… ano hito wa… Mou ichido… mitai… de ii yo…’ She said to herself.

“Ne~ Yuki-chan… ikou~ koko de” Mizuki said as she pointed to the shop.

“EH?” Nishii said. “Nande?” He added.

“Ano… anata no senpai… ano… ano hito no koto suki datte…”Mizuki replied with a blush on her face.

‘Doue? Do iu mi?’ Nishii asked to himself.

“ikou yo~” Mizuki said as she pouted when she saw Nishii not responding… “Daijoubu?” she added.

“Un~ Ikou~” Nishii nodded and led the way inside…

 

This is all where it started.  Mizuki became his fan and every time she flails around her room full of his pictures and posters… she fell in-love with him more.

 

[Back in the present]

 

Mizuki graduated in the course mass communication. She became popular from the stories she wrote and published even in her hometown which is Japan… Her father received a letter from an agency in Japan asking for Mizuki to work for them…

 

“wow…” Mizuki’s eyes’ sparkle. “we’re really going to Japan?” Mizuki added.

“Yeah~” Her father answered.

‘I can see him again…’ Mizuki thought as she smiled.

“We’ll leave tomorrow morning…”

“already?!” Mizuki was surprised.

“Don’t you want to…?”

“Iie. Daijoubu~” Mizuki answered and smiled.

“When we arrive there … wear your best dress… you will have a live interview…” Her dad added.

“Okay~”

 

Mizuki packed her things out and the next morning she and her father left for Japan…

 

“Let’s go… you’ll be late for the interview” Her father said…

 

They headed for the studio and Mizuki was amazed on the studio… Suddenly someone grabbed her and led her to one of the dressing room…

 

“C-Chotto…!” Mizuki pulled herself.

That person let go of her hand and faced her…

 

“Yo!” HE smiled.

“Yuki-chan!” She was also surprised. She hugged him tightly. “I missed you so much~” She added.

“okaeri~” He said and hugged her back…

 

Suddenly the door flew open…

 

“Sumimasen…” a girl entered the room.

 

They let go of each other.

 

“Hai…?” Mizuki asked.

“We need to start fixing you, Tsukishima-san…”

“Hai…”

“I’ll wait for you outside…” Yukito said and left the room.

 

After a few minutes later… she went out and sat beside the host inside the studio…

 

“Yoroshiku onegaishimasu~” The host bowed.

“Kochira kouzo desu…” Mizuki bowed in respect.

“WE’RE ABOUT TO START IN 3, 2, 1…” the director said.

 

“Minna-san konnichiwa~” The host started. “We are about to interview a popular writer not just here in Japan but also in America… She is now working at Otaku as a new writer… please welcome… Tsukishima Mizuki-san…” She added as everyone clapped their hands.

“Konnichiwa…” Mizuki stood up and bowed. She sat up again.

"Tsukishima-san, how is your life back in America?" The host asked.

"I'm doing good, I live there with my parents..." she answered.

"What did you do to publish your works here in Japan?"

"I found a company willing to sponsor the publishing here in Japan that's why I want to thank them..."

"douzo~"

"United Company thank you for the sponsoring for the publishment, this happening wouldn't be possible without your help." She said in English.

 

“Well, we heard from a certain someone that you have a crush in one of Johnny’s Entertainment’s idol…”

“Ah… hai…”

“Sono hito wa dare desuka?”

“Actually I started as a fan…he became my inspiration so I graduated and continued writing stories which attracts attention from the people…”

 

While she was talking… Chinen was already behind her listening to every word.

 

“Can you tell us who this guy is?” The host asked.

“Chinen Yuri-san desu…” Mizuki answered a tint of red was seen in her cheeks.

 

Mizuki was surprised when suddenly a bouquet of flower was in front of her.

 

“Konnichiwa~” Chinen said as he offered the flowers to her.

 

Mizuki was surprised enough that she stood up and bowed down…

“Iya… Daijoubu…” HE said and asked her to sit again…

 

 

“Konnichiwa Chinen-san…” The host greeted.

“Konnichiwa… minna-san… konnichiwa~” He said.

“Douzo~” the host said to Chinen offering him a seat next to Mizuki.

“Arigatou gozaimasu~” HE sat next to her.

“Well, how do you feel Chinen-san… that she said you were her inspiration that’s why she became a writer?”

 

“Well, I’m very grateful… And actually we already met before… She was my kouhai’s friend…”

“Eh?” The host was kind of surprised. “Idol’s from Johnny’s aren’t allowed to meet up with their fans alone… it may cause jealousy among the fans ne…”

 

“Ah… hai… demo… I was really supposed to meet up with my kouhai and he just happens to bring her with him…”

“Ah… sou nanda…”

“Hai…”

“Well, Tsukishima-san… how do you feel meeting Chinen-san here?” The host asked her…

 

“Actually… I was really happy to meet him again… but at the same time… I think my heart will jump out of my body because of nervousness…”

“Nande desuka?”

“I just think he’s sitting right next to me... it's a little too close for me…”

“Gomen~” Chinen apologized and scooted for a bit away from her…

“Iie…” Mizuki said as a blush was formed in her cheeks.

“The last time I met him was also my first time to know him… That was five years ago…”

“OH… so what do you wish now that you meet him again… and I heard that the new story you are going to make  is also based in a true story… and this story will be made into a movie with Chinen-san as the main character…"

“I hope we can get to know each other more…” Mizuki said as her cheek turns red even more.

“Kochira kouzo desu…” Chinen bowed… “Ah… I’m sure we’ll get to know each other more now that you’re the one who will write the story of the movie…” He smiled.

“Hai…” Mizuki smiled back.

 

“Well, thank you for the wonderful interview…” The host said… “Tomorrow… our special guest will be Johnny’s NEWS… see you guys tomorrow…” The host added.

“CUT!” The director said. “OTSUKARE SAMA DEA…” he shouted.

“Otsukare sama…” Mizuki bowed… “Otsukare~” Chinen said to her and smiled.

“Hai.” Mizuki replied. “So… see you tomorrow…?” Chinen said.

“EH?” Mizuki got confused.

“You’ll start work tomorrow remember?” HE said.

“Ah… hai… See you tomorrow…” Mizuki said.

“DO you have anyone with you?”

 

“Hai… Yuki-chan… Yukito wa koko desu ato… atashi no otousan…”

“Sou ka… Let’s go find them ne~”

“arigatou gozaimasu~”

“Ikou~” Chinen offered. Mizuki nodded.

 

They arrived at Mizuki’s dressing room and found her father and so as Yukito…

 

“Yuki-chan…!” Mizuki called out.

“Ah… mou owatta?” Yukito replied.

“Mm.” Mizuki nodded.

“Gomen ne~ I won’t be able to you home, Dad wants to meet me…” Yukito said and apologized to her.

“Eh? Daijoubu… I can go home… Dad is still-”

“Gomen… I need to meet up with my boss…” Mizuki’s dad cut what she was about to say…

“Eh? Ii yo~ I can go home by myself…” Mizuki replied.

“NO…! Chinen-san… can you her home?” Her dad asked.

“Ii desuka?” Chinen asked.

“Onegaishimasu~” Her dad bowed.

“Wakarimaa… Makasutte kudasai~” He said.

“Arigatou gozaimasu~”

 

They were left alone…

 

“SO… shall we go?” Chinen asked.

“Hai…” She shyly replied.

“Tell me more about yourself…”

 

“Well, I’m usually noisy around other people, only child… and somewhat spoiled…”

“Noisy…?” “How come you’re so shy around me?”

 

“I’m just not used to see you like this…”

“Eh? Don’t you want to see me?”

“Sou na koto nai desu… IT’s just that… I only see you in posters and pictures and now… I’m seriously nervous facing you…” Mizuki said.

"Sou ka... Ii yo~ Just be yourself around me... I can be myself around you too.."

"Hai~" Mizuki smiled. "Chinen-san...?" she asked.

"Ah, hai?" Chinen asked and looked at her.

"Can you tell me more about yourself?" She asked as she blushed with embarrassment.

"Hmmm... ii yo~"

 

"Honto desuka?"

"Mm." He nodded

 Maa.... Chinen Yuri, jukyusai, kaasan wa Chinen Miki, tousan wa Chinen Takahashi..."

"Nee-chan wa Chinen Saya desho~"

"Mm. eru~"

"Hai~"

"JA~ Tell me more about me, then I'll tell you things about me that you don't know..."

"Wakarimaa~"

 

Soon they arrived at the Train Station...

 

"Ah... we're here... I can take care of myself from here..." She said.

"Iie... You still haven't tell me what are the things you don't know about me... and I promised your dad that I'll you home not on your way home..." He said.

 

"demo...sore wa..."

"Ii yo~" He said and smiled.

 

The train arrived and there were so many people on their way home... They went inside. Chinen saw an empty seat.

 

"Mizuki... here.." He offered.

She nodded."Arigatou gozaimasu~" she said as she seated.

 

Chinen stood in front of her...

 

"Chinen-san... why are you standing right in front of me... there's so many people they might bump into you..." She said worriedly.

"Boku daijoubu yo~ It wouldn't be nice to have someone stand in front of you that

you don't know... I'll be fine" HE smiled at her.

 

She looked down and blushed and smile at the same time... It was like that until they were one stop away from Mizuki's stop. Almost all the other passengers were gone so Chinen had the chance to sit and he sat beside Mizuki.

 

"So... ready to tell me what are the things you know about me?" HE asked and looked at her.

"Eto..." She started. "Chinen Yuri, blood type:AB, suki na tabe mono wa gyoza desu, kirai na tabe mono wa eggplant. Joined Johnny's because you idolize Ohno Satoshi of ARASHI... studied at Horikoshi Gakuen. A(grade) STUDENT. sore dake desu~" She said.

"Sou ka..." He said.

"Eto...what kind of girl do you like?" She asked.

"Eh?" He asked back.

"gomen~ ika nai desuka?" She looked down.

"Iie...daijoubu yo~" He said and placed his hand above hers.

 

She blushed with the sudden touch. HE then realized that she was a bit uncomfortable so he removed his hand.

"g-gomen..." HE said.

"Iie... daijoubu desu~" She replied.

"nice..."

 

"Eh?"

"I like girls that are nice..."

"Sou ka... sore dake desuka?"

"Hmm... I like a girl whose outgoing, lovable, cheerful and simple..."

"Sou ka... ii na onna ne Chinen-san~" She smiled at him.

"Ah...Yuri te yonde kudasai ne~" He smiled back.

 

"Demo..."

"Iin da... ne~" He smiled again.

"wakatta Chi- Yuri~" She said.

"Ii ne~"

 

"Nani ga?"

"I've always wanted a girl to call me that..."

"Demo.. kaasan to neechan wa..."

"Ah... exemption...  you're the first to call me~" He smiled and looked at her eyes.

 

She looked down because she could feel her cheeks burning because of her embarrassment.

Soon they arrived at the last stop and they both stepped out of the train.

 

"We're here..." She said.

"So here's your stop... you know what... my house is close to here..." HE replied.

"I'll be going now... Sayonara..." She bowed down.

"Matte... I'll be with you... until you reach your home..." HE said.

 

A little later they arrived at the street where Mizuki's house was located...

 

"This street looks familiar..." HE said.

"EH?" She said and stopped while he continued walking...

"Ah... Yuri~ koko de~" She said and pointed her house.

 

HE stopped...

"Sou da..." He said and turned around.

"I LIVE HERE" They said together in harmony.

"EH?" She said.

"Koko..." HE pointed the house right in front of Mizuki's house.

"Koko...?" She pointed at his house.

"Mm." He nodded.

"I live here..." She pointed at her house.

 

"EH? Guzen desu ne~" He said and smiled.

"Hai...~" She smiled softly but in the inside her heart almost jumped out since the person she likes lives right in front of her house.

"So~ I'll see you tomorrow...?" He said.

"Eh?" She asked.

"You're starting tomorrow ne~"

"Ah... hai~" She nodded. "Matta aa ne~ Agency ni~" She said.

"Can't we go together?" he asked.

"EH? Ii desuka?" She asked.

"Mm." HE nodded.

"Hai~" She said. "Jaa~" She bid goodbye.

"Bye~" He waved at her and went inside the house.

"Bye~" She said and went inside.

"Tadaima~" Mizuki shouted...

 

No reply was heard.

"Sou da ne~ Otousan mada kaetekichatta~" She said and went to her room.

She change went to the bathroom and took a short bath, she changed into her pajamas and took a seat on her chair in her study table facing her window.

 

"EH?!" She stood up and placed her face closer to the window. "Y-Yuri?!" Her eyes widen in suprise.

 

Chinen's room was just across the street right in front of her room. She smiled and knocked her window thinking it might attract Yuri's attention even for a while and it did.

Chinen saw her and waved at her. She smiled and waved back to him. Chinen opened his window and so did Mizuki.

"Mada yasumi nai ka?" Chinen shouted enough for Mizuki to hear.

"Mada... desu~" Mizuki replied.

"Nande?" Chinen asked.

"Otousan... mada kaetekurenai desu~"

 

"Sou nanda..."

"Hai~" She answered. "Yuri wa? Nande mada yasumi nai ka?" She asked him.

"Ah... script wa yondemasu yo~" Chinen said showing her the script.

"Sou ka... ganbatte ne~" She said.

 

Suddenly Mizuki heard a knock on their door.

 

"Ah... Otousan ga kaetekimatta~" She shouted.

"Ah.. sou ka... mata aa ne~" HE replied.

"Hai~ Oyasumi~" Mizuki said and waved.

"Oyasumi~" Chinen waved back.

 

Mizuki closed her window and ran downstairs. She opened the door.

"Otousan... okaeri~" She greeted.

 

"Tadaima~" Her father replied. "I have a suprise for you~"

"EH? Nani?" Mizuki asked with excitment.

 

Her father step aside and she was suprise to see her mom in front of her.

"Ojamashimasu~" Her mom told her.

 

"Okaasan~" SHe said and hugged her mom. "Okaeri~ kaasan..."

"Hahah... Tadaima~" She said. "Mitetta ka?"

"EH?"

"Chinen-kun dayou~" Her mom told her in a whisper.

"Shhhh~" She told her mom.

"Ah... gomen... demo mitetta ka?" Her mom asked.

"Hai~ Jitsu wa... he lives across the street... even his room is across to mine~" She said excitedly.

"Ah... sou nanda?" Her mom asked

"Hai~" She said.

“Yokatta ne~”

“Mm.” She nodded and smiled.

The next day… Mizuki woke up and panicked.

 

“YABAI!” She looked at her watch and saw that it was already 8:30 in the morning. She was supposed to wake up by 6 am but it looks like that her watch didn’t rang at all.

 

She got up and took a bath, soon she was fully dressed and ready to depart. She ran downstairs and went to the dining room.

“okaasan~ iteki-” She got cut by what she saw.

“Ohayo~” Yuri greeted her. He was sitting in the dining room eating breakfast with her parents.

“Mizuki~ Hayaku tabenasai~” Her mom ordered.

Her father wasn’t speaking since he was really into his breakfast.

“Demo…Shigoto te…” She replied.

“Dame dayou~ Tabenasai~ Chinen-kun is still here… You can go with him..” Her mom told her.

“Okaasan…” She said.

“Ii desu ne~ Chinen-kun..?” Her mom asked Chinen.

Chinen nodded in response since his mouth was full of food. Mizuki smiled softly and sat beside Chinen. Her mom already prepared her plate.

 

 

 

Chinen and Mizuki arrived at the set.

 

“Konnichiwa~” Chinen greeted everyone in the set.

“Ah… Chinen-kun… konnichiwa.. Director desu. Kyoko Kyosuke… yoroshiku onegaishimasu” He greeted.

“yoroshiku onegaishimasu~” Chinen bowed down.

“A-ra… atashi no writer… Tsukishima-san… konnichiwa… Script wa kanpeki desu yo~” The director praised her.

“Arigatou gozaimasu~” She bowed down.

“Ishou ni ganbarimashou ne~” The director added.

“Hai~” Chinen and Mizuki answered harmoniously.

 

For a moment they looked at each other and gave each other a warm smile. Soon, the shooting started.

 

“HAI~ KATTO!” The Director shouted. “Kanpeki desu~ Otsukaresama” he added.

“Otsukaresamadea~” Chinen bowed.

“Ah, Chinen-kun… Otsukaresama desu~” The director bowed. “You have really improved your acting skills. We just had a shoot of your every solo cuts of the Movie.” He added.

“Arigatou gozaimasu~” Chinen replied to him. “Ano… This movie is about love, right?” He asked.

“Hai~” The director answered.

“I still haven’t seen who will be the partner will be.”

“Oh… That’s still a surprise.” The director answered with a chuckle. “Oh, by the way Chinen-kun. You won’t be having shoots here in the studio tomorrow. You can have practices for your group.” He added.

“Sou desuka? Arigatou Gozaimasu~” Chinen smiled feeling a little relief.

“Demo~” The director cutted.

 

“Eh?”

“Tsukishima-san will be here tomorrow to check the scripts.”

“Wakarimaa Kyoko-san.” Mizuki answered plainly and smiled.

“Ja~ Otsukaresama desu ne~ Tsukishima-san.” The director said to her.

 

Mizuki just smiled at him in return.

 

 

 

 

“Ah~ Tsukareta~” Chinen complained while he and Mizuki was walking around JE.

“Sou nandesuka?” Mizuki asked him.

“Sou desu yo~ I never thought acting would be this tiring… Hisashiburi dake desu~”

“Hisashiburi…?” She asked with curiosity.

“Ah.. hai~ I haven’t acted for the last 3-4 years I think.” He said.

“Sou ka… demo… tanoshi desuka?” She asked.

“Hai~ Meccha tanoshikata desu~” He said with a smile on his face. “I never thought you were this energetic and friendly during the shoot. Everyone was so enjoying your company.” He added.

“You think so?” She asked.

 

“Mm.” He nodded. “Even I enjoyed and is still enjoying your company~Teehee~” HE said playfully.

Almost Two Weeks passed since they met each other again and it seems like they are getting as close as ever.

 

“Ne~  Mi-chan~” Chinen called out while they were both lying on the rooftop of Chinen’s house. “Nani?”  She asked turning her head a little to see his face.

 

Mizuki had her head on Chinen’s left arm and they were both lying on the rooftop watching the beautiful sky above them.

 

“What can you say if…” He started.

“if…?” Mizuki asked.

“If I tell you that… I… like you…” He asked.

“Eh…?” She asked still a bit surprised with what he asked.

“Mi-chan…? Daijoubu desuka?” Chinen asked when he felt that awkwardness ate the whole conversation.

“Hai~ Daijoubu desu… Why did you asked that all of a sudden…?” She was still surprised.

“Datte…” He started. “Datte… that’s what I feel for you… Daisuki dayou… Meccha meccha daisuki dayou~” Chinen stood up which startled Mizuki.

“Yuri… nani attendayou?” Mizuki was still surprised of the sudden conffesion.

“Suki yo~” Chinen walked towards her and cupped her face and placed his lips on top of hers.

 

 

 

Mizuki’s POV

“Wow! It’s been a month since he confessed to me and more over I accepted him. We’ve been hiding our relationship from Johnny-san for over a month now. Wow. I still can’t believe it. Now I am currently dating the famous and lovable Chinen Yuri. I still can’t tell what he liked about me. That now I have the man of my dreams and I still haven’t thought of what will happen if he leaves me, if something comes between the two of us. Maa ne~ So far, I don’t think that will happen anytime now ne~”

 

Mizuki was in Akihabara not even wearing any disguise; she was over at a music shop looking for some cd’s she would love.

 

“Arigatou gozaimasu~” She thanked the cashier once she reach out for her purchased items.

She left the shop and looked around when suddenly a pair of hands covered her eyes.

“Dare~” She asked placing her hand on top of the ones which is covering her eyes.

“Guess who~” Whispered the person covering her eyes.

 

“Hmmm… Suki na hito…?”

The person smiled secretly. “Maa ne~”

“Yuri..?” He removed his hands on her eyes.

“Yo!” He greeted.

“Yo~ nande koko ni ka?” She asked.

 

“Betsuni~”

“Honto…?” She asked sheepishly because she knew Yuri would asked her parents where she would be and he would end up looking for her.

“Fine… Yes… I asked your mom…” He said embarrassingly and smiled.  “Doko ni iku no?” he added.

“JE ni… I need to meet up with the other cast. Kawashima-san will be waiting…” She answered.

“Ja~ Ikimashou ka?” He said offering his hand.

“Hai…” She said and held his hand and they went to JE together.

 

What both of them didn’t know was a paparazzi was following Chinen and that person ended up taking shots of Mizuki and Chinen walking on the streets of Akihabara hand-in-hand.

 

 

 

As soon as they arrived at JE… Mizuki went to the studio to meet Umika.

 

“Sorry for being late…” Mizuki bowed to her.

“Iie… Daijoubu desu…” Umika told her. “Ja~ Why did you called for me Tsukishima-san?” She added.

“Ah.. there has been some changes in the script for the finale…” Mizuki said.

“Sou desuka? Ja~ nani desuka?” Umika replied.

“Ah… we need Yu- ah.. Chinen-kun here… You guys need to practice the lines together…” She said.

“Is that so? Maybe I could call him out…” Umika offered.

“Ah…atash-“ Mizuki was cut off by the director. “Yes please Kawashima-san..” The director said.

“Tashikomarimaa~” Umika replied and went to get Chinen.

 

Mizuki was left jealous…

 

 

“Ano…” Umika entered HSJ’s dressing room. “Chinen-kun wa…?” She asked.

Everyone in the dressing room went ‘Ayiiieee’  because they thought that Chinen and Umika were developed with each other.

 

“Doue desuka?” Chinen asked as he exited the room.

“Ano… Tsukishima-san said that we need to practice the new lines for the finale of the movie…” She said.

“Sou ka…” Chinen replied. “Ikou?” He offered.

“Hai…” Umika replied and clung onto his arm which startled him.

 

They walked their way to the studio with Umika clinging onto his arm which everyone in the HSJ dressing room saw and thought that there was something between the two of them.

 

 

 

“We’re here…” Umika announced in the room.

Mizuki smiled to herself and when she faced Umika and Chinen with her clinging onto his arm that smile disappeared.

 

“We’re back Tsukishima-san…” Umika told her…

“I can see that…” She tried forcing a smile.

“So what are we going to rehears?” Chinen asked as he retrieves his arm and crossed it infront of his chest.

“So… here’s the new script… show us how you guys are going act that last scene…” Mizuki handed them copies of the script as both of them started to act.

 

ACT:

 

 

Umika: So… this will be the last time I’ll be seeing you ne~

Chinen: Sou dayou ne~

Umika: Sorry if it’s too sudden to leave… I just don’t want you to get in trouble…

 

Chinen: You know you don’t need to do this, right?

Umika: I know… I just want to…

Chinen: I don’t need it anymore if it will be the reason for losing you.

 

Umika: It…?

Chinen: Fame… I don’t need it anymore… I need you… You’re important to me.

Umika: But… I want you stay…  Here… In this Industry… That’s why I’m doing this.

Chinen: *hugs Umika*

 

While watching them  act… Mizuki can’t avoid not getting jealous.

 

 

Umika: Don’t worry… Fate will be the one to bring us together again… when the right time comes… *smiles*

Chinen: I love you…

Umika: *blushes* I do too…

 

Chinen saw that there was a kiss at the end of the script. He leans his face closer to Umika as she closed her eyes… their lips were inch away from each other when…

 

“CUT!” Mizuki shouted.

“Why? What happened Tsukishima-san? Is there something wrong?” The director asked.

“Nothing…Uhmmm…. It was perfect… Let’s save the kiss on the real shooting...” She replied.

“That’ll work too…” The director thought. “We’ll well start shooting next week… save your energy and maybe the both of you can practice those lines with yourselves even the kiss so we’ll be surprise…” he added.

“Wakarimaa~” Umika replied with a smile.

“Otsukare minna~” The director shouted.

“Otsukaresama desu~” Mizuki bowed.

“It’s been really nice to be working with you Tsukishima-san… You’re so nice and responsible… I hope to work with you again after our movie ne~” The director told Mizuki with a smile.

 

“Hai… Kochira kouzo desu~” Mizuki replied.

 

Meanwhile…

 

“The director said we should practice ourselves ne Chinen-kun… When should we start?” Umika asked.

“Maa~ Anytime…” Chinen replied.

“Sou ka… I’ll just contact you ne~”

“Okay…” He replied plainly.

 

Mizuki exited the studio and started to walk her way home… halfway on her way she heard someone calling her.

 

“Mizuki!!!!” She heard and saw Chinen running towards her.

“Doue?” She said plainly.

“You left without telling me…” He pouted.

“Sorry…”

“Doua? Nanka atta no?” He asked curiously.

“Hmm.Hmm..” She shooked her head.

“We may be…” He looked around. “going out for only a short time… but… I know you… I know when there’s something wrong.” He added.

“It’s nothing okay… It’s no big deal…” She answered.

 

She walked away and went home alone…

 

Mizuki’s POV

 

“What’s wrong with me? I know that he’s only doing he’s job… Aarrrggghhh~ I hate myself for being like this… I just feel so jealous of her… She’s so beautiful… so talented and she’s like the dream girl of every boy… *sigh* I HATE MYSELF!”

 

End of Mizuki’s POV

 

She soon arrived home…

 

“Tadaima…” She said weakly and with hint of depression…

“Okaeri~” Her mom answered.

She went inside her room and opens the light. She was surprised to see Chinen sitting on the edge of her bed.

 

“Yo!” Chinen greeted.

“Doue koko ni?” She asked as she closed the door.

“I’m worried about you… what’s wrong?”

 

Mizuki ignored his question and set her bag on her side table and took out the albums she bought this morning… Chinen released a sigh and walked towards her.

“Tell me what’s wrong?” Chinen said as he took the cds from Mizuki and placed it to the study table where all her albums were arranged and held her hands.

“It’s late… Go home…” She ordered.

“I won’t go until you tell me what’s wrong… Besides my house is just across yo-” HE was cut of by Mizuki.

“I WAS JEALOUS!” She said. “Okay… I said it… I was jealous this morning… I can’t believe myself of being jealous… and I hate myself for being like this… I so hate myself…” She added.

Silence filled the room for a minute.

“Now that you know… You can go home now.” She said and climbed on the bed and covered herself with the blanket.

 

Chinen smiled secretly and sat on the edge of Mizuki’s bed… he pulled the blanket enough to show Mizuki’s face.

“Ne~” Chinen said.

“Why are you still here?” She asked without looking at him.

“Come on… sit up…” He assisted her to sit. He looked Mizuki in the eyes…

“Nani?” She asked softly.

“Remember I confessed to you?” He asked.

 

“Yes…”

“Why did you think I was so sweet with Umika-san a while ago?” He asked.

“You… don’t like me anymore…? Or you just never liked me…” She answered.

“Silly Mimi-chan…” He leaned his forehead to hers. “I like you… You’re the one I like not her… I was sweet to her a while ago so she will feel comfortable in the Agency… The sweetness I showed her was just the same sweetness I share with everyone except to you… Because I’m way much sweeter to you…” He added and smiled to her…

“honto…?” She asked.

“Honto dayou~” He smiled. “Hora… Egao ga misete~” He added.

 

With that simple smile Yuri showed her… Her lips slowly curved into a smile.

 

“Saa~ boku kaero ne~” He said.

“Uhn…” She nodded.

“Oyasumi ne~” He said and planted a soft kiss on her forehead.

She then lied down and closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. He stared at her and soon his lips landed on top of hers and soon left..

 

When he arrived home…

 

Chinen’s POV

 

“At least I shared my first kiss with you… and not with her…”

 

End of Chinen’s POV

 

 

 

“Ohayo gozaimasu~” Mizuki greeted her parents cheerfully.

What only her parents did was stare back at her.

 

“Itekimasu ne~” She said and left home.

“Yo…” Chinen greeted in a low voice.

“Ohayo~” She greeted back. “Ishou ni ikou ka?” She offered.

 

The only did was nod. She entwined their fingers together and walked. When they were getting near to the Train Station, Chinen suddenly retreated his hand from Mizuki’s which left her confuse.

 

“Doua?” She asked.

“You go ahead… I forgot something.” He excused himself.

“Sou ka.. Ja… See you there ne~” She said.

“Uhn.” He nodded and faked a smile. “Kiosukete ne~” he added.

“Hai. Hai.” She smiled and left.

______________________________________________________________________________

 

She arrived at JE and greeted everyone but she didn’t received any replies from them. Not even once.

 

‘Chotto henka mo…’ She said to herself.

“Tsukishima-san… Johnny-san said he needs to talk to you…” Umika-san who happens to arrive early for her shoot for the movie told her.

“Wakarimaa.” Mizuki replied.

 

She headed to Johnny’s Office and when she entered the room… She saw Chinen was already there, everyone in Hey! Say! Jump and even the people from the set.

 

“Doue desuka?” She asked.

 

Johnny-san stood up and placed the newspaper on the table for her to see…

 

‘Chinen Yuri(19) caight walking in Akihabara with his now official girlfriend Tsukishima Mizuki (18)’ The newspapers says.

 

Mizuki’s eyes widen in surprise and looked at everyone in the room…

 

‘so that’s why they didn’t talk to me… Even Yuri avoids me…’ She said to herself.

“Ano…” She started.

“You have made a very BIG TROUBLE…!” Johnny-san said.

“Sumimasen…” She bowed and tears flowed from her eyes.

“My company trusted you… and YOU DID THIS TO US! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW BIG THIS TROUBLE WILL BE! FANLETTERS WILL BE FLOODING MY GATES AGAIN AND FANS WILL START A RIOT!” Johnny-san added.

“Honto ni sumimasen dea…” She kept on repeating.

“I have no choice now…but to give suspension to Chinen-kun…” Johnny-san said.

Everyone’s eyes widen in surprise…

 

“Demo… Johnny-san… Chinen-kun is a part of Hey! Say! JU-“ Yabu was cut off by Johny-san.

“I know that. You don’t need to remind me.. But I need to do this… And if it still continues… I think Chinen-kun will have to leave JE…” Johnny-san said.

“NO!” Mizuki said. “You won’t have to do that… I’ll LEAVE… You won’t have to see me again… Atashi… Amerika ni… kaerimasu…” She said as tears still fall from her brown orbs.

 

Chinen was surprised with what she said and grabbed her arm.

“Nani baka attendayou?!” He asked furiously.

“Johnny-san… Amerika ni kaetekimasu… Just don’t let Yu- Chinen-kun quit… He loves what he is doing… He makes everyone happy… Everyone’s inspiration… I will leave… You won’t have to see me anymore… Tell them… tell them I died… We can fake a car accident… NO one needs to know that I still exist… Just don’t… let him quit… I have no fans… not like him…” She said and ignored Chinen.

“Mizuki! YAMERO!!!” HE shouted.

“Excuse me…” She bowed and left.

 

Everyone in the room was surprised. Chinen on the other hand followed Mizuki…

 

 

 

Mizuki was running around the Jimusho still crying…

 

Mizuki’s POV

 

“I DID IT! I SAVED HIM! He doesn’t need to end up like his other senpais who got kicked out because of violations. Now all I have to do is leave… and… never … come back…”

 

End of Mizuki’s POV

 

“OI! MIZUKI! MATTE YO!” Chinen shouted in the hallway while running after her.

When he reached her. HE grabbed her arm and stopped her from running.

 

“What are you doing?” HE asked in between his breath.

“Saving you… “ She said.

“Eh? Saving me?”

“Hai… You were always the one to save me… Now it’s my turn…”

“I don’t need you to save me… I can handle that suspension… Even so… I can handle leaving this industy… I was the one who confessed to you anyway… remember?”

“Wakaru yo… demo… I don’t want your parents to be disappointed in you… I don’t want you to disappoint anyone… They need you…”

“And you don’t…?”

 

“I do… I need you… Even from the start you knew I loved you… And I will always love you…”

“Don’t do this…”

“I have to…” She answered. “You need this…” She added. “No one needs me anyway… No one has ever been inspired from a writer…”

“I do… I need you…” HE said in a soothing voice. “I need you… I love you…” He added and embraced her.

 

 

 

Chinen’s POV

“It’s already been 5 years since I saw her… Maybe I can’t see her… But I know that I still love her… Well, after she left… she never did… came back… Johnny-san did tell everyone that she died in a car accident… Even though it hurts me… Some were very happy to know about that car accident… they want her to disappear from the world… But she never did in my world. She still has my heart… actually she’s my heart… *laughs* Well… I’m already 24 now… I’m now in the right age to do things… Maybe I should call it LEGAL age… *sigh* How I wish I can see her again. Every night I pray to see her again… Every birthday wish I make was for me to see her again.”

 

End of Chinen’s POV

 

HE was walking on the streets of Akihabara that day… Earphones covering his ears, he was looking down not minding other people… When he suddenly bumped into someone…

“Itai!” Said the person he bumped into.

“Gomenasai~” HE apologized and stood up. He offered his hand and the girl took it.

“Daijoubu desu…” She smiled.

 

Suddenly he felt like he already met the person for a long time…

 

“Honto ni sumimasen desu…” He bowed.

“Daijoubu desu Chinen-kun…” She said.

“Ah… fan desuka?”

“Hai… Ichiban no fan desu yo…” She smiled.

He scanned her whole body. She was a little chubby, wearing glasses covering her beautiful and attracting brown orbs, she has a nice smile.

 

“Where are you from?” He asked.

“Amerika kara desu…”

“Sou ka…” HE said. “O-namae wa?”He added.

“Mizuki desu…”

“Mizuki… ka…?” HE said… “You know what… You have my girlfriend’s name…” He smiled. “Ne~ Don’t tell anyone about it ne~ I don’t want to lose her…” He added and smiled.

“So… You still haven’t forgotten about me huh…” She said.

“Eh?” He asked.

She carefully removed her eyeglasses and he saw the person he was waiting for for 5 years. A smile was shown on his face.

 

“Hisashiburi ne~” She said.

He couldn’t answer and just quickly grabbed her and embraced her.

 

“Dame dayou… You can’t… Paparazzi might see you…”  She struggled.

“I don’t care… I won’t let you go this time…” He hugged her tighter. “I love you… don’t ever leave my side again, okay?” He said.

“I love you too… Don’t worry… I won’t… I’ll always be here for you.” She replied

 

 

~OWARI~

 

 

[A/N] What a fiction :D One of my most favorite fiction of mine <3 Comment are loved