The Boy In The Iceberg

Avatar the Last Airbender: EXO Verison

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

-LUHAN'S POV-

Me and my brother, Kai, were out fishing for our food. I was sitting there watching him throw his spear into the water countless times, catching no fish whatsoever. If only I mastered my waterbending I would use that to catch fish.

"It's not getting away from me this time." Kai said, ready to throw his spear into the water, yet again at the same fish.

"Watch and learn, Luhan. This is how you catch a fish." As he said that I noticed one fish swimming by our boat. I took off my mitten on one hand hoping that I would be able to waterbend the fish out of the water. I  moved my hands in wavy motions until I saw water raise up with a fish swimming inside it. 

"Kai, look!" I yelled as I was holding the fish in a orb of water.

"Shh. Luhan. You're gonna scare him away. Mmm. I can already smell it cooking." Kai whispered as he his lips. 

"But Kai! I caught one!" I said as I brought it closer to him. As he was about to throw his spear into the water the back of it popped the ball of water making the fish dive freely back into the water. The water that was in the air now covered him. 

"hey! Ahh!" I looked as the fish dove back into the ocean. Kai turned around soaking wet with a very unamused look on his face.

"Why is it that everytime, you play with magic water, I get soaked?!" He said while clenching his fists. I rolled my eyes.

"Kya! It isn't magic it's waterbending! And it's-"

"Yeah yeah, an ancient art unique to our culture, blah, blah, blah.." Kai said, rather annoyed. I pouted and crossed my arms as I listened to his nonsense.

"Look, I'm just saying that if I had weird powers, I'd keep my weirdness to myself." He rung out his hair from the water. I rose my eyebrow at him.

"You're calling me weird? I'm not the one who makes muscles at myself everytime I see my reflection in the water." I chuckled at him.

He started turning around to look at me when our canoe got into a current. It led to a big mass of crushed glaciers. Kai was doing his best to avoid all the ice blocks in the water. I was screaming directions for him to follow. "Ahh! Go left! Go Left!" This brother of mine didn't listen and led us inbetween two pieces of ice. Before it crushed our canoe we managed to jump onto a leveled ice piece. I scooted towards the center of the ice so i wouldn't fall off.

"You call that left?" I said sarcastically.

"You dont like my steering. Well, maybe you should have waterbended us out of the ice." Kai said acting it out. He was really pushing my temper over the edge at this point. 

"So it's my fault." I stood up and glared at Kai.

"I knew I should've left you home. Leave it to a girl to screw things up." He said. This boy took it too far and I finally lost it.

"You are the most ist, immature, nutbrained-- Ah! I'm embarrassed to be related to you!" I yelled as I was flailing my arms. Kai looked up which a shocked and scared expression on his face. I continued yelling at him. "Ever since mom died, I've been doing all the work around camp, while you've been off playing soldier!"

"Ah... Luhan.."

"I even wash all the clothes! Have you ever smelled your dirty socks?! Let me tell you. Not PLEASANT!" I flung my arms behind me.

 

"L-Luhan! Settle down!" 

"NO! That's it! I'm done helping you! From now on you're on your OWN!" I threw my arms behind me. Then I heard a loud crack coming from behind me. I turned around and we both gasped. The glacier behind me completely broke and as it started falling into the water, it sent giant waves towards the piece of ice we were on. "Ahh!!" we screamed as the ice we were on got sent back. We grasped the edge of the ice so we wouldn't fall off. 

"Ok. You've gone from weird to freakish, Luhan..." Kai said bluntly. 

"You mean, I did that?"

"Yep. Congradulations." Then we both noticed something glowing from underneathe the water.

It grew bigger and bigger the longer we just watched. Soon a giant glowing blue iceberg flew up from the water beneathe. I slowly began walking toward it and gazed in amazement. I noticed a boy in there along with a big animal near it. I rose an eyebrow at it then the boy inside opened his eyes. 

I gasped. "He's alive! We have to help!" I took out Kai's boomerang he had in his jacket and ran to the iceberg this boy was frozen in. 

"Luhan! Get back here! We don't know what that thing is!" He yelled as he followed me from behind. I used his boomerang to hit the iceberg, hoping to break it and free the boy that was trapped inside. After 5 hits, a blast of air escaped the iceberg. I flew back into Kai's arms, then we just watched the large mass crack. As it broke, it sent a giant light beam straight into the sky. 

 

-KRIS'S POV-

As I was on my way to the Southern Water Tribe, I noticed a large light beam from afar. 

"Finally. Uncle, do you realize what this means?" I gestured to the direction of the light.

"I won't get to finish my game?" He said as he sipped his tea cup. 

"It means my search is about to come to an end." I said gazing at the beam. My uncle sighed. 

"That light came from an incredibly powerful source! It has to be him!" I yelled. He was still playing his Pai Sho. I don't really know whats with him and that game. Or tea...

"Or it's just the celestial lights. We've been down this road before, Prince Kris. I don't want you to get too excited over nothing." He said doing all these gestures with his arms. Pai Sho cards still in hand.

"Please, sit. Why don't you enjoy a cup of calming Jasmine tea? " Uncle Xiumin said. I turned back to him.

"I DON'T NEED ANY CALMING TEA! I NEED TO CAPTURE THE AVATAR! Helmsman head a course for the light!" I ordered.

 

-LUHAN'S POV-

Kai held onto me as the wind kept blowing. Soon, after it stopped we hesitantly looked up. Kai held up his spear, just in case. Both our eyes widened when we saw a boy, with a tattoo of an arrow on his head, step out of the iceberg.

"Stop!" Kai yelled as he pointed his spear at the boy. The boy stood up, then soon was about to collapse. I ran and caught him just as he was about to fall. I laid him down on my lap and Kai just started poking his head with the back of his spear. I looked at him kind of annoyed. 

"Stop it!" I yelled pushing his spear back at him. The boy groaned a bit and began to slowly open his eyes. He gasped. 

"I need... to ask you something." The boy said.

"What?" I responded.

"Please, come closer." 

"What is it?" I asked coming a little bit closer.

His eyes widened and he asked, "will you go penguin-sledding with me?" 

"Ah.... Sure. I-I guess." I answered and stepped back a bit. The boy seemed to float back up on his feet. This shocked Kai and he somewhat screamed a "manly" scream. He  pointed to spear at the boy.

"What's going on here?" The boy asked rubbing the back of his head.

"YOU TELL US! How did you get in the ice?! And why aren't you frozen?" Kai poked his side with the spear. 

"I'm not sure." The boy seemed very observant. We heard a growl coming from where the boy climbed out. He climbed back inside the ice.

"Appa! Are you alright? Wake up, buddy!" Me and Kai walked around and our eyes widened when we found a giant bison, asleep, with the boy struggling to wake him up. Kai's face on the other hand was a literal jaw drop with wide eyes. Once the bison was awake the boy's eyes lit up.

"Haha! You're ok!" The boy yelled then hugged it.

"What is that thing?" Kai asked, still holding his spear out.

"This is Appa, my flying bison." 

"Right, this is Luhan, my flying sister." I rolled my eyes at him. Then Appa started making these weird growling sounds and his nose was flaring. It looked like he was about to sneeze. 

"LOOK OUT!" The yelled while he ducked for cover. I was right and Appa sneezed. And where did all that mucus go? On my brother. 

"OHHH UGH UGH UGH!!!" Kai squirmed scubbing his whole body on the ice. 

"Don't worry! It'll wash out!" He said petting the bison's nose.

"AGH! ICCCKKK!!" Kai, the idiot brother of mine.

"So, do you guys live around here?" The boy asked us. 

"Don't answer that!" Kai comanded pointing his spear at the boy's face.

"Did you see that crazy bolt of light? He was probably trying to signal the fire navy." He explained.

"Oh yeah. I'm sure he's a spy for the fire navy. You can tell by that evil look in his eye." I said saracastically, walking towards the boy.

"The paranoid one is my brother, Kai. You never told us your name." 

"I'm s--ah-- ah Ah! Ah! Ah-CHOO!!!" He sneezed and sent him high in the air. He slid back down on the ice and looked at us as if nothing happened. 

"I'm Sehun." He introduced.

"You just sneezed and flew 10 feet in the air!" Kai said pointing upward.

"Really? It felt higher than that." Sehun said. Then it hit me.

"*gasp* You're an airbender!"

"Sure am!" Sehun said while nodding.

"Giant lightbeams, flying bison, airbenders-- I think I got midnight sun madness. I'm going home to where stuff makes sense." Kai said walking towars the end of the iceberg. Sehun broke the silence Kai had made.

"Well, if you guys are stuck, Appa and I can give you a ride." Sehun offered flying on top of the bison.

"We'd love a ride! Thanks!" I said, running to where I can get on.

"Oh no! I am not getting on that fluffy snot monster." Kai scoffed.

"Are you hoping some other kind of monster will come along and give you a ride home?" I asked as Sehun helped me on, "you know, before you freeze to death." I continued.

He was about to say something back then sighed. He managed to get on and was not very amused settling down on the back of the bison. 

"Ok, first-time flyers, hold on tight. Appa yip yip!" After Sehun said that, the bison slaps its tail on the iceberg as a beaver would do in water. It flew up in the air and belly-first landed in the water. "Come on, Appa, yip yip!" He said again.

"Wow~... That was truly amazing..." Kai said sarcastically, while leaning back on the saddle, arms folded across his chest. I scowled at my brother.

"Appa's just tired. A little rest and he'll be soaring through the sky. You'll see." Sehun said smiling.

"Why are you smiling at me like that?" I raised an eyebrow at Sehun.

"O-oh. I was smiling?" He said surprised.

Kai groaned, sticking his tongue out. I rolled my eyes at him as we continued our journey back to our village.

 

-KRIS'S POV-

I was looking off into the distance as we set sail for the Southern Water Tribe when my Uncle Xiumin came out. 

"I'm going to bed now." He yawned. "Yep. A man needs his rest. Prince Kris, you need some sleep. Even if you're right and the Avatar is alive, you won't find him. Your father, grandfather, and great-grandfather all tried and failed." He commented.

"Because their honor didn't hinge on the Avatar's capture. Mine does. This coward's hundred years in hiding are over."

 

-LUHAN'S POV-

We were still riding on the back of the giant bison. I crawled to the front of the saddle and leaned over. "Hey." I greeted Sehun.

"Hey. What are you thinking about?" He asked, kicking back on the head of Appa.

"I guess I was wondering, you being an Airbender and all... If you had any idea what happened to the Avatar." I said curiously. His eyes widened.

"Uh.. No. I didn't know him. I mean, I knew people that knew him. But I didn't, sorry." He apologized.

"Ok. Just curious. Good night." I said, crawling back to my original spot I was in.

"Sleep tight." Sehun replied.

 

-SEHUN'S POV-

I woke up from the sound of thunder and lightning and quickly sat up. I looked around and see that Appa was flying into a lightning storm. The winds were so strong, it was too hard to control the direction Appa was flying in. I screamed in fear, struggling to keep Appa up, when we crashed into the water. We floated up to the surface and Appa roared. I did my best to keep a hold of him. The waved were attacking us at all angles keeping us under water. My hand released the rope of the saddle and began to slip away from Appa. Everything became cold. Frozen.

"Sehun! Sehun wake up!" I shot up and gasped. 

"It's ok. We're in the village now. Come on. Get ready." Luhan said pointing behind her with her thumb. "Everyone is waiting to meet you!" I put my shirt on then she grabs my wrist and pulls me out the tent. 

"Sehun, this is the entire village. Entire village, Sehun." She introduced me. I bowed.

"Uh. Why are they all looking at me like that? Did Appa sneeze on me?" I said, looking down at my clean attire. 

"Well no on has seen an Airbender in a hundred years. We thought they were extinct, until my granddaughter and grandson found you." An old women spoke out. My eyes widen in shock, "Extinct?" 

"Sehun, this is my grandmother." Luhan introduced.

"Call me GranGran." She said with a blank expression on her face.

Kai came from no where and asked me,"what is this, a weapon?" He snatched my glider. "You can't stab anything with this." He examined it. I took it back.

"It's not for stabbing. It's for airbending." I opened it up, making him flinch.

"Magic trick! Do it again!" One of the little girls said to me.

"Not magic, airbending. It lets me control the air currents around my glider and fly.

"You know, last time I checked, humans can't fly." 

"Check again!" I said readying myself to take off.

I jumped in the air and glided around the sky. I felt so free. I havent done this in so long. I got a little cocky and crashed head first into a tower of snow. 

"OOF!" I groaned as I tumbled down to the ground.

"AH! My watchtower!" Kai exclaimed. I sat there covered in snow with my limbs popping out.

"That was amazing!" Luhan held her hand out and helped me up. We both looked at Kai who was trapped under a pile of snow that had fallen from the watchtower.

"Great~. You're an airbender, Luhan's a waterbender. Together you can just waste time all day long." He said as he got out from the snow and walked away.

"You're a waterbender!" I shouted in amusement.

"Well, sort of, not yet." Luhan replied.

"All right. No more playing. Come on Luhan, you have chores." GranGran said taking Luhan's hand in hers and leading her away.

 

-LUHAN'S POV-

"I told you he's the real thing, GranGran. I finally found a bender to teach me." I said happily.

"Luhan, try not to put all your hopes in this boy." 

"But he's special. I can tell. I sense he's filled with much wisdom." I looked to Sehun whose tongue was stuck on his glider.

"Thee? Now my thtaff ith thtuck on my tongue!" He muttered.

 

-KRIS'S POV-

"Again" My uncle said to me.

My uncle sighed. "Ahh.. No. Power and firebending come from the breath, not the muscles. The breath becomes energy in the body. The energy extends past your limbs and becomes fire. Get it right this time." He noted.

"Enough. I've been drilling this sequence all day. Teach me the next set. I'm more than ready." I demanded.

"No! You're impatient. You have yet to master your basics. Drill it again!" He sat down. I growled and did as he told. 

"The sages tell us that the Avatar is the last airbender. He must be over a hundred years old by now. He's had a century to master the 4 elements. I'll need more that basic firebending to defeat him! You will teach me the advanced set!" I commanded.

"Very well. But first, I must finish my roast duck. NOM NOM NOM."

 

-KAI'S POV-

"Now men, it's important that you show no fear when you face a firebender. In the water tribe, we fight till the last man's standing. For without courage, how can we call ourselves men?" I lectured, clenching my fist. 

"I gotta pee!" One said.

"Listen! Until your fathers return from the war, they're counting on you to be the men of this tribe, and that means no potty breaks!" I explained.

"But I really gotta go." I sighed. "Ok, who else has to go?" I asked them. All of them raised their hands. I facepalmed as i watch them walk away.

"Have you seen Sehun? GranGran daid he disappeared over an hour ago." Luhan said to me. I just shrugged.

"WOW! Everything freezes in there!" I see Sehun crawling out of the watch tower, I MADE. ME!

"Ugh! Luhan, get him out of here! This lesson is for warriors only!" I said about to walk away when I hear a "WEEEEEE~" coming from behind.

I ran to the scene. "Stop! Stop it right now! What's wrong with you!? We don't have time for fun and games with the war going on!" I exclaimed taking a spear in hand.

"What war?" Sehun asked clulessly as he slid down Appa's side. "What are you talking about?"

"You're kidding right?" I asked raising and eyebrow.

"PENGUIIIIINN!!!!!!!!!!!" He yelled then ran off to it.

 "He's kidding right?" I said as Luhan and Kai stared at him run off.

 

-LUHAN'S POV-

"Sehun?!" I called out. I hear a cute and familiar laugh coming from a distance.

"haha! Hey, come on little guy! Wanna go sledding?" He tried catching one of the penguins. I ran to him. "Hehe... I have a way with animals." He said then imitated a penguin. Sounds and moves. I giggled at the sight.

"Sehun, I'll help you catch a penguin if you teach me waterbending." I offered.

"You got a deal!" He said as he was being dragged my  penguin. "Just one little problem. I'm an airbender, not a waterbender. Isnt there someone in your tribe who can teach you?" He asked.

I turned around. "No. You're looking at the only waterbender in the whole South Pole." I looked down sadly.

"This isn't right. A waterbender needs to master water. what about the North Pole? There's another water tribe up there, right? Maybe they have waterbenders who can teach you!" Sehun suggested.

"Maybe. But we haven't had contact with our sister tribe in a long time. It's not exactly turn right at the second glacier. It's on the other side of the world." I informed.

"But you forgot. I have a flying bison. Appa and I can personally fly you to the North Pole! Luhan, we're gonna find you a master!" He said with a gleam in his eyes.

"That's-- I mean... I don't know. I've never left home before." I said, while playing with my hands.

"Well, you think about it. But in the meantime, can you teach me to catch one of these penguins?" He said, rather eagerly.

"Ok. Listen closely, my young pupil. Catching penguins is an ancient and sacred art. Observe." I pulled out a little fish and tossed it to Sehun. Within seconds penguins were surrounding the airbender.

Soon enough.... We went penguin sledding.

 

It felt so good to have some fun instead of staying at home and doing chores and stuff like that. Acting like the kid I'm supposed to be and not the motherly figure I usually am. 

"I haven't done this since I was a kid!" I yelled as we slid down the snowy hills. 

"You still are a kid!" He yelled back. We slid through an icy tunnel and then made a stop. 

"Whoa..." We awed as we see a big ship, stuck in ice.

"What is that?" Sehun asked me.

"A fire navy ship. And a very bad memory for my people." I answered him. Sehun began walking toward the ship. "Sehun, stop! We're not allowed to go near it. The ship could be y-trapped." I warned him.

"If you want to be a bender, You have to let go of fear." He said. I nodded and hesitantly walked to the abandoned ship. As we walked closer, the ship seemed to get bigger. We maded it inside the ship and began to explore its halls. It as dark and eerie. We passed many rooms which made the atmosphere even more creepier than it already was. We entered the a room with the seemed to be old weapons. 

"This ship has haunted my tribe since GranGran was a little girl. It was part of the Fire Nation's first attacks." I said as i looked around the old room.

"Ok. Back up. I have friends all over the world, even in the Fire Nation. I've never seen any war." He said while observing one of the weapons.

"Sehun, how long were you in that iceberg?" I asked, somewhat concerned.

"I-I don't know. A few days maybe." 

"I think it was more like a hundred years!" I said.

"What~? That's impossible! Do I look like a hundred and twelve year old man to you?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Think about it. The war is a century old. You don't know about it, because somehow you were in there that whole time. It's the only explanation." 

He fell back on his rear. "A hundred years. I can't believe it." He said, with a little sorrow.

"I'm sorry Sehun. Maybe somehow, theres a bright side to all this." I comforted him. His eyes lit up and looked directly at me.

"I did get to meet you." I gave him a smile. " Come on. Let's get out of here." I helped him up and we began to search for an exit. Considering how big the ship is I felt it was going to take us a while.

"Sehun, let's head back. This place is creepy." 

"huh?" He looked shocked. We both jumped when a gate shut behind us. "What's that you said about y-traps?" We gasped as steam came out from the old pipes on the walls. Then a big pop sounded from the ship. "Uh-oh."

Sehun sees a hole in the roof and picked me up bridal style and hopped out. "Hold on tight!"

 

-KRIS'S POV-

I looked through my telescope in the direction of where the flare was shot. There I see a boy who seemed to float to the ground with a girl in his arms. "The last airbender. Quite agile for his old age. Wake my uncle! Tell him. I found the Avatar...... As well as his hiding place.

 

 

To be continued....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*GASP!!!* Cliffhanger!!! Anyways how was the first chapter!? took me long enough to write. I hope the gifs helped with the constant changes in POV's! Anyways thanks to my subbers Seoul-Less, taoual, GritzKauerholt, Pencil-Insanity, xoxkiki, Xleiiya, and CandyX!!!! I'll update as soon as possible!! Saranghaeyo~~~ <3 *hearts to everyone!*