Expect the unexpected.

Expect the unexpected.

One night

Author’s POV

*groans in pain*

“Are you alright, my bunny?” Tae asked her.

“Yes, I’m alright. Don’t worry about me tae.” She then gave her a reassuring smile that soon fades away when she felt that pain again in her head.

“No, you are not alright, sunny... Please stop giving me smiles and saying you're okay when you’re not!” tae suddenly shouts and stands up. “I will bring you to the hospital sunny...I hope it’s not what i think it is.”

“Calm down, tae it’s just a headache... That’s all.” Sunny said to Taeyeon as she tries to calm the tense tae, she stood up to hug tae from behind but...

*THUG*

“SUNNNNNNNY!!!!!!!” tae screamed so loud that their neighbour’s could hear her.

She immediately kneels down and picks sunny up, carried her bridal style. Tae immediately went down to the kitchen while carrying sunny and getting the keys to her car.

Tae was just wearing her PJ’s and sunny was also in her PJ’s. She immediately opened the passenger’s side of the car and slowly adjusted the seat so sunny could lie down comfortably. After putting sunny down slowly, she ran to the other side and quickly got in. Little did she know that sunny was awake when she slammed the car door shut.

“Mhmmnhhng...” sunny managed to let out, before opening her eyes to see where she is.

Tae started the engine and stepped on the gas pedal quickly. Then she realizes that sunny was holding her hand that was placed on the side of her legs.

“Sunny ah, you are going to be okay... I promise you. I...I...won’t let the past happen again.”  Tae’s eyes got teary when she remembered what happened to her precious bunny before.

*FLASHBACK*

-3 years ago-

Taeyeon and Sunny was at the park, spending their time there and just relaxing.

“Tae! I want that ice cream, pweasee~|” sunny let out her aegyotic voice.

YAH ~ who couldn’t resist that cuteness tae said to herself. “Okay sunbun, I will get you your ice cream. Today it’s my treat since you bought me stuffed toy peas the other night.” Tae said and let a sigh come out.

“Tae are you okay?” sunny asked her while she gets the ice-cream from the old man when he finished the last scoop.

“Yes bunny nothing to be worried about, it’s just...I...uhmm...well need to get another job, a freelance artist perhaps.” Taeyeon said.

“Whatever you want tae.” Sunny said and meronged her.

Tae saw what sunny did and chased her around the park the two actually enjoyed, until...

*THUGTHUG*

Sunny slipped, she stepped on a rock and got out of balance and hit her head pretty hard against the rocky ground at the park. Her head started bleeding; Tae saw what happened and froze for a second and realized that sunny was unconscious... She immediately carried sunny and went to the nearest hospital.

“Doc, is she going to be okay?” Taeyeon’s voice cracked when she said the last word.

“She hit her head pretty hard, she was bleeding a while ago but we manage to take out all the blood there. But here’s the real problem ms.kim... we scanned her for other damages. What we saw can shock you; did the patient tell you she had a tumour in her head?” the doctor said calmly.

“tu...tum...tumour.” tae said stuttering and shocked on what the doctor said to her. She tried to process what the Doc said to her.

She gulped. “No, no she didn’t tell me anything .”

The doctor suggested to Taeyeon that they should remove the tumour in Sunny’s brain before it gets worse, sunny is still unconscious, and Taeyeon told the doctor that she will talk to sunny about this. The doctor agreed and gave Taeyeon time to tell sunny when she wakes up.

Not long ago, sunny woke up. She was confused; she asked tae what happened to her.

“Sunny you slipped on a rock and hit your head pretty bad against the rocky part of the park...it’s my fault sunny if I didn’t chase you, you wouldn’t---“sunny stopped tae’s word with a kiss on her lips.

“Enough tae, it’s not your fault. I slipped it’s an accident, Accident’s happen you know tae.” She gave Taeyeon her eye smile.

Taeyeon tried to compose herself after that kiss, she blushed yes but she has to tell sunny about what the doctor told her.

“Sunny... there is something you are not telling me.” Taeyeon blurted out.

Sunny’s smile suddenly faded. She was speechless as Taeyeon tells her what the doctor found on the scan. She was just staring at tae the whole time, she wanted to cry but she has to be strong. Sunny be strong for Taeyeon, sunny told herself.

“Tae... I... I... my head was hurting not once, last month. It’s been going on since the day that I went back from my meeting.” Sunny said.

“Why didn’t you tell me earlier, you know I could’ve brought you to the hospital earlier.” Taeyeon said her eyes teary again because she knows what this tumour can do, It can kill sunny when its not taken out immediately.

*KNOCKNOCK*

Taeyeon opens the door and the doctor came in.

“So Ms. Lee, are you going to proceed with the operation?” said the doctor.

“Yes.” Taeyeon answered before sunny could speak.

“Tae...” sunny said.

“LEE SOONKYU, I DON’T WANT TO LOSE YOU... PLEASE.” Taeyeon said emotionally. Sunny could only nod at tae’s action and words.

“Okay then let’s proceed to the O.R. immediately.” The doctor said as he was telling the nurse to get sunny inside the O.R. immediately.

 

(TO CUT IT SHORT KKKKKKKKKK. Sorry for the author comment here~)

 

2 hours passed...4 hours... 6 hours....

Taeyeon couldn’t take it she told herself that she could go crazy if something bad happens to sunny.

*DING* the RED LIGHT FROM THE O.R. changed into a GREEN LIGHT.

Taeyeon saw the doctor coming out. She immediately fix herself up and composed herself, trying to be calm and ready for what the doctor will say to her.

“Ms. Kim, Ms. Lee is fine now we removed the tumour on her head, before it can grow into a bigger tumour.” The doctor said to Taeyeon.

“Dr. Choi!! Oh thank you thank you so much.” Taeyeon said and hugged Dr. Choi tightly.

“You can visit her after a few minutes. I should be going now I have other things to attend to.” Dr. Choi said waving to Taeyeon who was so excited seeing her bunny again.

After 3 hours...

Sunny twitched her hand. She is conscious now... she saw tae is sleeping beside her, holding her hand. And saw loads of paper with tae’s doodle’s there. She knows that tae has been there the whole time. She smiled at the scene, she saw Taeyeon’s face. She’s so stressed and she cried a lot too. Sunny caressed Taeyeon’s cheeks. Then Taeyeon suddenly wakes up...

“BUNNY!!” Taeyeon shouted with joy. “You are finally awake...”*sobs* y...ou...you are so slow in waking up.”  Taeyeon said. “Aw tae, I’m here now aren’t I? I’m alive and kicking hahahahaha...I’m not going anywhere I promised you we will grow old together right?”

Little did sunny know that taeng got a gift for her, she bought sunny a ring. With a simple diamond on top of it. She puts the ring on and it fits Sunny’s index finger perfectly.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

“Tae...I’m going to be fine... I promise.” Sunny said while holding Taeyeon’s hand while Taeyeon is driving crazy just to get to the hospital.

“Shhhh... sunny ah save your energy please...” Taeyeon said as a tear escaped from her eyes.

Finally they arrived at the hospital. Tae barges in and asks if Dr. Choi (yes they became friends after that flashback).

“Dr. Choi! This is important, sunny... her head... the p...pain...it’s----“Taeyeon was cut off by Dr. Choi

“I fear that this will happen but I didn’t know that it will be this soon.” Dr. Choi said.

“What...what do you mean?” Taeyeon stuttered as she was trying to calm herself.

“Tumours, they are back stabbing sickness that can return once removed...”  Dr. Choi sighed and immediately told taeng to calm down. He told Taeyeon that he will do everything to save sunny.

IN THE HOSPITAL ROOM

*KNOCKNOCK*

“Sunny ah, are you still up?” tae’s soft voice is all sunny can hear.

“Yes tae, but I'm still not dressed in the hospital gown the nurse gave me, she said I should prepare for the operation tomorrow and wear this comfortable hospital gown.” Sunny said and smiled at Taeyeon.

Taeyeon frowned, sunny... Sunny’s face is not as red as before, not as rosy as her cheeks should be. Its pale... her smile is somewhat different from before... I can see the pain that she’s enduring. Sunny please stop being like that she mentally said to herself.

“Here, let me help you with that.” Taeyeon grabs the hospital gown that sunny put beside the table. She took of Sunny’s shirt and slipped down sunny's pajama after that tae slipped on the hospital gown that was given by the nurse to sunny.

After helping sunnt change clothes they both layed on the hospital bed and stare at the ceiling for a while. Hands intertwined they started to talk about their dreams on what they want for their future, Taeyeon said she wanted a beach house, so they could always go out at night time and stare at the stars from above and away from pollution. Sunny always wanted a dog, a puppy to adopt so she added it to their dream. Minutes passed... hours... they have been talking for a while now it’s already 11pm...

“Sunny” Taeyeon said in a soft voice.

“Yes?” Sunny answered back.

“Don’t go anywhere, don’t leave me alone please, we will grow old together right?”

Sunny pulls Taeyeon’s face closer until their faces are just inches apart, “Of course tae I promised you that haven’t I?”

After their conversation Taeyeon and sunny drifted to sleep even before they noticed it.

[Note: Sunny’s operation is 6am in the morning]

Morning came and Sunny was the first one to wake up, she set her phone on alarm 4 am, She took one of tae’s doodle paper and wrote something at the back. She wanted to wake up Taeyeon but she is too distracted on Taeyeon’s beautiful face. She leaned closer to tae who was sleeping like a baby, and then she said to herself she needs to wake Taeyeon up.

*TAPTAP*

Taeyeon was awoken by a tap on her shoulder. “Ohhhhh... it’s just sunny bunny... I won’t get tired of you waking me up. Heee” Taeyeon said smiling dorkily to her sunny. Taeyeon positioned her head on top of Sunny’s chest.

“Sunny, I want this heart to keep beating for me okay? I want you to come back lively as you used to be... okay bunny? Tae love you so much. I will be waiting my bunny.” Taeyeon said and gave a weak smile to her bunny.

“yaaah~ you are so corny, my taengoo.” Sunny said and let a smile creep out of her face.  “of course, it will Taeyeon. It will always beat for you.”

“Tae, I will always think about you when I’m inside the operating room, okay?” sunny smiled to her taengoo and kissed her forehead.

*KNOCKNOCK*

“Ms. Lee and Ms. Kim can I come in?” Doctor Choi said shouting from the outside.

“YES you may.” Taeyeon said

 "So we will proceed with your operation now Ms. Lee” Doctor Choi said.

“Well taengoo, I need to go my people is waiting for me in O.R. Heee” sunny said while her bed was being pushed by nurses leading her into the operating room, Taeyeon was holding her hand all through out. Before sunny could disappear when they entered the glass door into the operating room, she gave her best eye smile to Taeyeon and handed her a letter. “No no no Taeyeon, don’t read it until i get back from the operating room lively, okay? Promise me.” Sunny said while she smiled at Taeyeon.

“Oh alright my sunny. Please come back okay? Lively” and before Taeyeon can notice it sunny and dr. Choi and the nurses disappeared after entering the glass door.

Hours and hours past, and Taeyeon couldn't handle it so she called sunny and her closest friend. Jung Jessica and Im Yoona. These two are the closest friend they have.

Jessica was first to arrive. She was shocked when Taeyeon called her and told her the news that Sunny’s tumour was back. She immediately started to comfort Taeyeon with all the energy she can, Im Yoona was running through the corridor heading for the operating room, she found Jessica comforting Taeyeon and went beside them immediately.

3 hours passed it’s already 6pm since the operation started. Taeyeon was frustrated she was depressed, no one can make her feel better not even her closest friends. Then this is it... the moment of truth...

 

*DING* the RED LIGHT turned into a GREEN LIGHT. Which means the operation is over.

 

Tae saw Doctor Choi, came out from the operating room...crying? She approached Taeyeon slowly and said. “Taeyeon, I’m...I’m...S...S...Sorry.” He said while trying to calm himself and compose himself and trying to be a professional in front of the girls.

 

“NO! No...Noo...NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!” Taeyeon said shouting.

 

“Taeyeon, I did my best... but sunny... she...sh—her heart stopped beating and I...” Dr. Choi couldn’t continue and only said “...Your name...Your name Taeyeon... is what sunny said with her last breath, even before the operation started...She was always thinking of you Tae.”

 

Taeyeon barged in, opened the room. Saw her sunny there in the hospital gown, lying in the bed with her head with stitches and wrapped with cloth. She said to herself, “You are just sleeping sunny. Please tell me this is not true no no no no!” She started walking towards sunny, shaking her “sunny ah please, wake up, please sunny you promised me.” She put her head on top of Sunny’s chest “...her heart, i...it stopped beating, Sunny’s heart that once beat for me, calling my name, now gone.” She started to cry more and more until her eyes were red and puffy, she can’t take it. Sunny’s loss her two closest friends couldn’t do anything. They just stood there and watched Taeyeon because they know they won’t do much if they started comforting her, because it’s too fresh too painful.

Taeyeon trailed her eyes from Sunny’s face and gently caressed Sunny’s cheeks for the last time. And kissed her forehead. “You are still warm as I remember sunny...” she then trailed her eyes to Sunny’s finger, she grabs her hand and took of the ring she gave sunny 3 years ago, before Sunny’s operation. “All our dreams...all...our...dreams” *sobs* Taeyeon grabbed the ring and took a last glance on Sunny’s face. Before she stormed out of the hospital and get into her car. Before neither Jessica nor Yoona can grab a hold of her, she immediately runs fast. On her way to the parking lot, she got her keys and put the ring in her pocket, and then she felt something...a paper... she fished it out of her pocket and unfolded it. “Yeah this is the letter sunny gave me before entering the operation room.”

*unfolds it even more*

To taengoo~

I know that if you are reading this by now, I’m probably gone. I’m sorry Taeyeon ah. I love you so much always remember that and I will always do, taengoo I want you to live your life even without me, I know it’s going to be hard of course because you will miss your bunny so much. I wrote this letter while you were sleeping beside me earlier. I am so caught by your beauty taengoo, I don’t want your beauty to go to waste. I know you won’t forgive me for leaving you but in time taeng, we will see each other again. Okay? Not soon cause i want you to live your life more. Okay?

I will love you forever and if i didn’t make it I will watch you from above the stars like in our dream beach house, right? With my puppy. I love you taengoo.

-END OF MESSAGE-

That didn’t help Taeyeon though, she cried even more, her eyes got even more puffy and red and she can’t stand it. She’s blaming herself for Sunny’s death. For what happened 3 years ago, she started the car engine and drove out the hospital. With the gas pedal being stepped by Taeyeon with so much force, she drove up the mountain like curves, sunny and Taeyeon would always go there to clear their minds when something is bothering them, but this time Taeyeon didn’t stop.

 

She was fast approaching the cliff saying. “I will see you soon my sunny.”

 

 

END OF STORY

 

 

A/N :

*additional* THE 2 SONGS that i am listening while i make this fanfic is --

TAEYEON AND SUNNY - I LOVE YOU OST HEADING TO GROUNDS

TAEYEON - I LOVE YOU OST (ATHENA)

SO GUYS WHAT DO YOU THINK ? HAHA THIS IS MY 1st FANFICTION EVER! (made this in 3 hours) kkk

I was caught up and inspired by what happened to my Aunt when she was fighting cancer. This happened to her and my cousin can’t do anything so the doctor asked them if they want to continue but the machine is the only one keeping her alive.. yes sad story. I cried a lot too. So here you go.

the fact that she was also HAPPY and there is no trace of her pain in her face, but the next day she passed away. I love you, tita.

 

PLEASE LEAVE COMMENTS  and feedbacks~

 

Maybe some other time if i get to write another fanfic one-shot i will create one again ~ did i make you cry sunyeon, dandyugansters? Sunshiners and taengangsters kkk. If i get more upvotes and subscribers or requests i will do another one . Thank you for reading ^~^