The Plan

Hot And Cold

 

"Jessica, hey!" Sooyoung snapped her fingers in front of Jessica who's currently spacing out. Jessica underwent a huge change after the Luhan incident four days ago. Gone was the fun and happy-go-lucky Jessica and she was replaced by an emotionless Jessica who likes to space out. Basically, she became a zombie. She doesn't pay attention in class. The dark circles and shadows under Jessica's eyes also show that she hasn't gotten proper sleep. She has gotten thinner than usual. It was after school and they were waiting for Jessica's car.

 

Jessica snapped back into reality and looked at Sooyoung who was looking at her worriedly. "What happened to you? You've changed ever since-" She glared at Sooyoung. She told her not to mention anything related to what happened a few days ago. "-that did that something!"  She ignored Sooyoung and continued spacing out.

 

Sooyoung grabbed both of Jessica's arms and shook her. "Hey! I'm not leaving til you talk to me properly! Jessica Jung! Answer me!"

 

"Let go of me." Jessica forcefully removed Sooyoung's hold on her.

 

Sooyoung ran her hands through her hair, feeling frustrated. "Please… Talk to me. I don't like seeing you like this, Jessica. It's just a guy, okay? Snap out of it!"

 

Jessica suddenly stood up. "He's not just a guy, okay! You've never loved anyone for more than ten years only for him to humiliate you in front of everyone! Am I not allowed to be sad? Do I have to pretend that it's okay? Last time I checked this is my life not yours!" She yelled.

 

She heaved a sigh. "Jessica, I understand-"

 

"No! You don't understand! Stop pretending you do! Can you, for once, just leave me alone? I don't need your useless nagging!"

 

"Fine! If this is what I get for trying, then I'm outta here!" She grabbed her bag and stomped back inside the school. She found a tree and kicked it a few times. "I am so mad! Damn you Luhan! This wouldn't have happened if you weren't such a freaking bastard! I hate you! Die, Luhan, die!"

 

"So, you hate Luhan's guts huh? Did he dump you? What's your name?"

 

Sooyoung stopped kicking the tree and turned around. She saw two girls look at her interestedly. "My name's Choi Sooyoung. And ew, he didn't dump me. But he did humiliate my best friend in front of everyone. Anyway, who are you guys?"

 

The shorter of the two stepped closer to her. "I'm Kim Taeyeon." She pointed to the girl beside her. "This is Tiffany Hwang. We can't help but overhear your predicament and I think we have a solution. You want to teach him a lesson, right? Why don't you make him fall in love with you and then dump him after?"

 

Sooyoung wrinkled her nose. "What makes you think I can do it? Do you really think I can make him fall for me? I'm just an average girl!"

 

"You look like someone who won't fall in love with him easily. Of course, Tiffany and I tried making him fall for us but we failed miserably. But you, you look perfect for the job! And you have the most powerful motivation: hatred!"

 

Tiffany flashed her an eye-smile. "You want revenge, right? Revenge for your best friend and for all the other girls he humiliated."

 

Sooyoung thought it over for a few minutes. "I'm in." She smiled and shook hands with them.

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany squealed in delight. "Yay! Remember, Sooyoungie. The only thing you have to avoid is getting attached to him. Whenever you feel your heart soften up for him, remember the pain your best friend and other girls went through because of him. He looks adorable, but he's evil. You just have to hit his soft spot which we don't know yet. t's not gonna be easy, though. But you can do it, we believe in you."

 

"Uhm, thanks, I guess. I'm doing this for my best friend. She didn't deserve to be hurt by that Luhan."

 

"Of course she didn't." Tiffany gently squeezed her hand. "Don't worry, we'll help you."

 

"As long as you don't fall for him, everything's gonna be fine." Taeyeon winked at Sooyoung, reassuring her. "There's gonna be serious consequences if you fall for him."

 

"I won't, I promise. If I do, which is impossible, I'll do anything you guys ask me." She smiled at the two girls. You don't know what you've gotten yourself into, Luhan. You messed with the wrong person. You're going down.

 


Lame update :(