Strange Girl With The Coffee

Through Moccona Coffee

There she is the girl who buys a jar of Moccona coffee each day. Why would you need a new jar of coffee each day? “What could you with coffee besides drink it?” I asked my older twin Youngmin. He stopped cleaning the coffee machine and looked at me. He started thinking for a bit. “Uhh… I think you can paint with it, I think I remember seeing a painting at an art gallery painted with coffee. That’s all I could think of. Why do you ask?” “It’s just that Mel is here again and I’m just guessing that she is going to buy some more” I told him. It was 2pm and it was the start of autumn so the days were still nice and warm. Mel finally came up to the counter. She was wearing a white summer dress that was about knee length with a small brown side bag. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjrVHZIXe5R6mGYL11gnH

 

 

“Can I have two of your richest chocolate cake and three Moccona jars” she ordered. “Three? Whoa you must really like the coffee” I gave her a smile. “Yeah I guess you could say that” I can see a tint of red one her cheeks. It looks adorable. Yeah she is beautiful; if only I could get a chance to talk to. “Can I walk you out?” I didn’t know why I said that I wanted to try something a little different today. “Kwangmin, manager said you have to lock up today since he needs to go somewhere and I’m going Mia’s house today” Youngmin told me. Of course he would ditch me for his girlfriend. Oh well. Mel nodded so I walked her out to the end of the block. “Can I ask why you buy so much coffee?” I asked her as we walked. She turned her head and gave me a smile and said “It’s a secret. But in time you will understand.” “Huh?” I was confused about what she means. “I think I can get home from here” she told me. “Oh ok. Be careful ok” I told her. “I will” she gave me one if her warmest smiles that melted me on the spot.

 

When I walked back to the café I noticed a piece of paper on the ground. It looked like it had been soaked with coffee. But I found the swirl pattern on it interesting. For me it looked like a really good art work; how the swirls could seem beautiful. I was walking slowly to behind the counter of the cafe then I notice in the corner of the paper signed Maloney that her real name. WACK!!! “Owww... What the hell hyung?! What was that for?” Youngmin wacked me across the head with a tea towel and it kills. “We don’t get paid to stand around and stare at the things our customers drop in the cafe” he told me. “How I find you weird young brother” he joked. “And you aren’t?” I defended myself. “No I’m normal” “You call ironing your underwear and sculling a can of condensed each day normal” I told him. He was about to open his mouth to say something but then he just went back into the kitchen. 

1330181-swirl-design-3.gif(onbrown coffee soaked paper)

It was 5 pm and the sun hadn’t fully set which left the sky and the atmosphere with a dark blue light. “Remember to lock up” Youngmin told me and left the front door of the cafe. I guess he can’t wait to see Mia. After he left I locked up the front door. I did a bit of sweeping and gathered my stuff to leave through the back door. After I locked it I the noticed something strange. There was a coffee jar with a candle in it I went closer and stepped into the ally and found that there were many more of these jars with candles in them stacked in a line leading somewhere.

moccona-candles.jpg&h=0&w=580&zc=1&q=92

mcsaatchmoccona300.jpg

I followed them into a quiet street and soon I was in front of an elegant apartment building.apartments.jpg

So I went through still following the jars up the stairs. The trail stopped so I got the idea that the person who did this was on this floor. I walked a few into the hall and saw two more jars also with candles in them on both of a door. I didn’t know who live here so I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. To my surprise Mel opened it. “Hi Kwangmin, come in” she said and let me in. Looking around at her apartment it looks so elegant like the ones you would see in France or England even though she has canvases and cups filled with paintbrushes everywhere.

king-street.jpg

“Would you like some coffee Kwangmin?” she asked me and I just nodded. So she passed me a mug of coffee and we sat on the couch in her living room where there were just two or three canvases. “So you paint with coffee?” I asked breaking the silence. “Yeah. It gives this different look to the canvas” she answered. “That one seems interesting it give it that feel that it’s a rainy day” I stood up to admire it. 

coffee art 5

 

“Is this why you come and buy coffee every day?” I asked her. She stood up and walked up till she was close to me. “It wasn’t only that, it gave me a chance to see you every day” whoa I’m really flattered that she would to that just to see me. Then I noticed a canvas with Pikachu on it so I went over to pick it up. “Oh, that, I was thinking of you when I did that” I can see her blushing. I placed the canvas down and went over to hug her. “Thank you for having the same feelings as I do” she stiffened but soon she relaxed and rapped her arms around me too. I broke the hug but she was still in my arms. “Kwangmin, I...” I cut her off by placing my finger on her lips. “Shh...I will be with you always” and soon our lips connected. I never knew that coffee would help me find someone like her.