The Past

Reincarnation

In the past, in a village in South Korea lived you and only your mother. You loved studying. You always read books, you spend your break times in the library in short you loved studying. You are currently studying in typical high school temple. It a bit far away from your home, you still have to cross the hanging bridge, underneath it is a long river, and across the bridge is a pathway for old trucks to drive unto. You have a very good friend from your neighborhood, it was Woo SungHyun. He always picks you up from your house and you go to school together. Since you have a very few friends only, you and frequently hangs out together. But the big secret you have is that, you are madly inlove with him, and you couldn’t just admit it to him. You are not sure if he knows it already, because you cant obviously hide your blush when he hugs you tightly, and he always teases you for it. You really wanted to confess but you wouldn’t want to ruin your friendship with him. You tried avoiding him sometimes so you wouldn’t accidentaly confess to him.

“Ya! Park SeungHi! Wait up!” Someone called you from behind.

“SungHyun! Why? What is it?” You asked him.

“You’re going home already?” He asked you.

“Well, yes, I still have to study, our professor is giving us tests tomorrow” You told him.

“Aww, my SeungHi always studies!” He said and ruffled your hair. You blushed at his statement, the part where he called you “his”.

“Well, I have to!” You told him, taking his hand off your hair.

“Cant we take a walk? Before you study, because I know when you start studying I cant talk with you anymore.” SungHyun pouted.

“Pshhh.. Don’t use that face on me, it wont work..” You told him and turning your head. He was just silent there, you couldn’t take anymore and just agreed.

“Alright, I guess that wont take out too much time from my study time.” You said.

“Well, see? I told you it’ll work” SungHyun winked and put his arm around you. You suddenly blushed at his movement.  You and SungHyun went off to go to a nearby park. You two walked together talking about your studies. You and SungHyun became friends when he found you at that park you two are going to. You were alone at that time, you were so lonely because you didn’t have friend back then. Your neighbors are always teasing you because your hanbok is not high class like theirs. Until SungHyun found her and talked with her, they played and became friends, and that’s the time you started to like him but time passes by and you already started to love him. He was caring to you, thoughtful, kind and he’s almost perfect, until now. You and SungHyun finally reached the park.

“Ah~~!! Here we are!!” He sighed happily.

“Yay!!~~ Mind to push me?” You sat down at an old swing.

“Sure!” He went behind you and started pushing you gently.

“Ya, SeungHi, why are you always determined to study?” SungHyun asked you.

“It’s for my mom, I need to pass this university.. It’s the only university my mom can afford, I have to prove that even thought we’re not rich by money in this village, we’re still rich in knowledge” You explained.

“You know SeungHi, you are a very unique person, and I’m very happy we became friends” SungHyun told you.

“Me too SungHyun, I thought I’ll be forever alone.” You told him.

“Haha, not because you had a bad hanbok that time didn’t mean you cant have friends.” SungHyun tried to lift up your spirits.

“Yeah, anyways SungHyun, thank you.” You thanked him.

“No problem, I’m always here for you SeungHi” He said. Until he gave you a big push that caused you to fall down, but not too hard.

“Hey! What was that for?!” You asked him.

“Haha, you’re it!” SungHyun said as he ran.

“Hey you!” You held your hanbok as you ran after him.  You two chased each other for hours. You were having fun without realizing it was night already. You two laid down on the grass watching the stars. Both of you were panting and tired.

“I didn’t notice it was night already, I have to head back home” You were about to stand up but SungHyun pulled you down to lay down on the grass again.

“Please stay for a while” He asked you.

“Well..” You were thinking of it when SungHyun just hugged you. You can’t stop blushing.

“Please..” He begged. You nodded in his hug and he broke his hug. You just looked in the sky so he wouldn’t notice that you were blushing so hard.

“Oh, the sky is so pretty.” You said, you were looking at the stars.

“Yeah it is, I’m so happy I’m here watching it with you.” He said. His statement even made blush more. And then suddenly a shooting stay passed by.

“Oh look! A shooting star!” You pointed to the sky.

“Quick! Let’s make a wish!” SungHyun said as he close his eyes. You also closed your eyes and made a wish. After wishing, you also opened your eyes.

“SO what did you wish for?” SungHyun asked you.

“I’m not gonna tell you! It might not come true if I tell you” You told him.

“I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours” SungHyun tried to convince you.

“Aright then, I wished that I hope my family will be alright and that I will have an easy going life in the future. And now your turn.” You told him. He smiled at you and watched the skies.

“I wished that, You wouldn’t look for another man and just stay with me forever.” He said. You were shocked at his words. You don’t know what that meant.

“Uh, what?” You asked him confusedly.

“Park SeungHi, I…I have fallen inlove with you” HE told you. Your eyes widened. You thought you were dreaming. You just sat there shocked, with no movement.

“W-what? Y-you.. love me?” You asked him again.

“Yes, I do, and very much” He told you, as he held your hand.

“SungHyun.. I .. I don’t know how to react..I .. I just…I.. To be honest, I…I was waiting for that.” You looked away and blushed.

“Y-you were? Does that mean—“ He asked.

“Yes, I love you too SungHyun, since I met you.” You told him, not making eye contact. You were surprised when you felt a pair of lips touched yours, you just realized that SungHyun was kissing you. You just relaxed and kissed him too. You were so happy that moment. Finally he broke the kiss.

“I..I’m sorry..” He apologized.

“It’s okay, don’t worry” You told him.

“SeungHi?” He called.

“Yes?” You answered.

“C-can we be together?” He asked you. He was nervous and shy. It was your first time to see him act like that.

“SungHyun, I can’t say no to you.” You answered.

“Really?!” He was shocked and also happy in the same time. He hugged you so tight. You just hugged back and leaned against SungHyung’s shoulder.

“Come, I’ll walk you home.” He offered as he help you stand up. He held your hand and started to walk, you just held his hand too.  You enjoyed the walk back since it was a long walk still. Your hands locked with each other. When you reached home, your mom came running to you, worried.

“My daughter, where have you been?” She immediately asked you.

“I’m sorry I’m late my mother, I was just SungHyun” You told her. She then faced SungHyun.

“Oh SungHyun, thank you for walking my daughter home, would you like to stay for dinner?” Your mother invited SungHyun.

“Oh sure Mrs. Park, I’d love to: Both of you walked in. You helped your mother prepare the table. After preparing you sat down beside SungHyun.

“Alright, here you go, eat up children” Your mom said. SungHyun put some food on your plate. Your mother saw what SungHyun did.

“Oh thank you Sunghyun.” You thanked him. You faced your mother and decided to tell about your relationship with SungHyun.

“Mother.” You called her.

“Yes my child?” She answered.

“I..I mean we just wanted to tell you something.” You told her.

“What is it?” She asked you.

“Well, me and SungHyun are together now.” You told her.

“What?!” She was shocked.

“I’m wishing for your acceptance.” You asked your mom.

“I’ll promise not to hurt your daughter.” SungHyun said.

“Don’t worry. I accept you two. I’m happy for both of you. I hope you two lasts forever” Your mother smiled and stood up. She gave both of you a hug. So, you and SungHyun had a great relationship. He gives you nice hanboks and he also helps you in your studies. You two sometimes goes out to have some picnic. The whole university already knows about your relationship with SungHyun and they started to respect you. You already thought that your relationship with SungHyun will already last, but it was ruined til one day. It was your first anniversary and you wanted to give SungHyun a gift, it was beaded bracelet you made yourself. You asked him to meet you at the other side of the path of the old trucks. You were running while grabbing your hanbok. You didn’t want SungHyun to wait until you reached the other side of the pathway. You saw SungHyun at the other side.

“SungHyun! I’m here!” You waved at him. He also waved at you.

“Hey SeungHi!” HE also greeted and you started to run towards him when he shouted.

“SeungHi watch ou—“ That were the only words you heard before you felt pain in your side. And it all went black. When you ran towards SungHyun, an old truck was passing by and you didn’t see it. It hit you and you landed on the ground unconscious. Lifeless. SungHyun ran to you and held your lifeless body.

“No, SeungHi, don’t die, not today, not here!” SungHyun shouted. But it was over.

“Please SeungHi!! Don’t leave me!!” He sobbed. “SeungHI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” HE shouted.

After your funeral, he was so depressed. He planned too much. He planned too much for the future. And because of that he became depressed and so lonely. He missed you so much. He thought you and him would have a family and live forever together and die together. He was so lonely that he don’t even go out of his, go to school or even eat. And for that, not too long, he died because of starvation.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

This is the first part of the TWOSHOT~~~!

THE PAST.

Please Comment and Subscribe~~!

Image not mine.Credits to owners.