More Than This

More Than This [Drabble]

A/N: You guys might wanna check out this fanmade video of this songfic >.>  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K43hjuXwTrA&feature=youtu.be

 

 

 

--

 

He’s in love. I can see that very well in his glinting, lovable, beautiful eyes. And I’m happy for him. Really, I am. But there’s just something inside of me that’s screaming “No. Please. Just turn around and look at me. Look at me...instead.” now I’m wondering when I will ever get the courage to say those words.

 

Lee Sungmin, can you hear my silent screams? My subtle love? My unsaid confession? I hope you do Sungmin, because I’m dying inside.

 

[Yesung hyung! Kyu and I won’t come to the dorm tonight. Can you tell Ryeowook not to cook for us later? We’ll have dinner at this restaurant instead. Thanks hyung! Saranghae <3]

And there it is. That overwhelming pain I’ve been feeling since the time he said ‘yes’ to the maknae. When did it start? I don’t know. I don’t know anymore. All I know is that I want to throw it all away. My feelings, my desire to hold him, and my thoughts of owning him from his head to feet. But those are just too precious and I don’t have the courage to forget. I love him. I love him so much that when he told me that he likes Kyuhyun, I felt like I was about to lose something in front of my very own eyes and I couldn't do anything about it, or rather I didn't have the courage to. So I just smiled and said ‘I’ll help you with him.’ What the was I thinking? I should’ve told him ‘No. Sungmin, please like me instead.’ But no. I didn’t. Funny how I was the one who helped them to be together and I stayed quiet of my own emotions.

 

“Ryewook. The couple won’t go home tonight. You don’t have to cook for them.” I said looking oh so gloomy in front of the other members. I saw Ryeowook nod after looking at me sympathetically.

“H-Hyung…you can always just confess to him you know. He has the right to know about your feelings.” Donghae mumbled in the couch.

I smiled lightly, told them that I was just fine and that they didn’t have to worry. But who am I kidding? Of course I’m not fine. I’ve never been fine since they first started dating. And to add up in my pain, I became the President of KyuMin couple. Ha! Well, what do you know…I didn’t know I was the one who’s supporting their love. So much for my shipping feels huh?

 

---

 

“Kyuuuu~” I heard Sungmin approached Kyuhyun who was lazily slouching at the couch. Kyuhyun answered with a hum. I was eating at the kitchen but I could tell that he was smiling at Sungmin.

“Do you love me?” I almost choked while eating the ddeokbokki Ryeowook made. Oh my god what kind of question was that?!

“Of course I do! Come here. Tss..Lee Sungmin I love you. Arraseo?” I could sense that Kyuhyun was annoyed by the question. I myself would be annoyed as well if Sungmin would ask me that. I smiled at the thought.

When I walked up at the sala, I saw the both of them sleeping at the couch while tightly hugging each other, legs tangled and breathing each other’s scent. I swear I could hear my heart falling to pieces.

 

‘Sungmin-ah…I can love you more than this…’

 

----

 

“Hyung!” I saw Sungmin coming inside my room while crying. I gritted my teeth while asking him what happened.

“It’s Kyuhyun isn’t it? What the did he do now?” I could see him trying hard to speak but he couldn’t win over his sobs. I was about to go outside and beat the crap out of Kyuhyun when Sungmin held my hand. And my world literally stopped.

He shook his head first before talking slowly, still catching his breath. “I-It’s not Kyuhyun, hyung. It’s me. I’m so tired of getting jealous over those other artists who would go near him and y-you know? Flirt with…him.”

I sighed. I understand since they never really brought up their relationship to the public. And I feel sorry for them. I really am. So I his hair and brushed his fringe sideways to fully wipe the tears off of him. Then I hugged him while patting his back. I’m so hopeless.

“You know there’s this time when Kyuhyun came up to me?” I said. All smile painted on my face. This is the only thing that I won’t get tired of. Comforting him. Being the one who would make him smile after all his whimpering.

“Y-Yeah? What…did you g-guys talk about?” Still clutching to my shirt, he asked between his sobs.

“You.” He gently let go of the hug and looked at me with confusion.

“What? Why?”

I shrugged. “He asked me everything there is to know about you. He said since I spent more time with you before he came in to the group. He’s kind of a creeper actually. He even asked me whether you have a birthmark on your and all those kind of weird questions.” But I bet that question was already answered long after they confessed to each other.

“W-Wha- Really?!” He asked me half amazed, half confused. I nodded and abruptly stood up at the chair and patted his head once more.

“He really does love you Sungmin. No need to be insecure. You’re beautiful as you are and no one has the right to make you feel otherwise. And I’m sure as hell someone other than Kyuhyun is willing to exchange his life for you.” I said still smiling though deep inside, I really want to snatch him away right now.

He jumped to his feet and hugged me tightly, much to my delight. He left the room after thanking me and saying that he’s lucky he has a friend like me.

Right Yesung. You are a friend. A very very good friend.

 

But Sungmin…I can love you more than this…’

 

 

---

 

Tonight, I was the guest DJ in Sukira and I was entitled to choose a song and sing it live. Of course, what better song to describe my situation other than this song?

 

I'm broken
Do you hear me
I'm blinded
Cause you are everything I see
I'm dancing, alone
I'm praying
That your heart will just turn around

And as I walk up to your door
My eyes turns to face the floor
Cause I can't look you in the eyes and say

When he open his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won't feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
When he lays you down, I might just die inside
It just don't feel right
Cause I can love you more than this
Can love you more than this

If I'm louder
Would you see me?
Would you lay down in my arms and rescue me?
Cause we are, the same
You saved me, but when you leave it's gone again
And then I see you on the street
In his arms, I get weak
My body fails I'm on my knees
Praying

When he open his arms
And holds you close tonight
It just won't feel right
Cause I can love you more than this, yeah
When he lays you down, I might just die inside
It just don't feel right
Cause I can love you more than this

 

 

 

 

-------------------------

 

 

A/N: I was having a plotbunny. Spare me.