Beyond The Endearments

Beyond The Endearments

 

|01| Winter’s Warmth| Cho Kyu Hyun|

          I pouted at his direction when his cell phone rang and watch him picks it up in mere five seconds. Letting go of his hand, I heaved out a deep sigh and continue to walk without him. I slightly kick the thick bunch of snow with my shoes, pouring down my anger to the lifeless material. Call me selfish or what, but if you’re in my position, you’ll definitely feel the same way as me.

            First thing first; handsome, talented, and charming man named Cho Kyu Hyun is extremely insensitive. He has a melting voice, that’s true; he sang songs as if he really feels it, yes, that’s also true! But what he looks like in real life is different! Being his best friend for three years, I knew too well that he’s not a type of guy who acts aggressive in wooing ladies. He will act as if he has nothing toward you, and you’ll just realize it when he says the ‘magic words’.

            And being his girlfriend for two years, I know too well that he’s also not an aggressive type in showing his feeling. I understand, and I appreciate him for giving me space in our relationship, really, but at some point, I feel a bit lonely.

            “Im Soo Hyun,” I froze in place when he pulls my arm and makes me bumped to his body. I was dazed for a while, and my heart started thumping furiously.

            “Listen to me,” I glared at him, my face went hot by anger. My blood is boiling at his attitude. I’m glad that he ran after me when I walked away from him, but seriously, after he abandoned me for a call, he dared to speak in such tone…?

            “Let me go,” I sternly said, and then I felt his grip turns weaker.

            “I knew what you were thinking,” He sighs, softly held my cheeks after releasing my arm “But don’t get me wrong, I…” He huffs his cheeks, clearly nervous at what will he say next, “I just don’t want to rush anything…

            I still remember how you always tell me that you hate it when men kept acting as if you’re already theirs though you only met them for few weeks, and how you always say that you prefer to do things slowly, also about your dislikes about those who gave you too many attentions, and―”

            He stops in a sudden, and then looks away, rubbing the back of his head awkwardly. “Well?”

            “Just keep in mind that I love you,”

            World is literally spinning at the second he locked our lips together, burying me deeper into his poisonous charm. I encircled my hands around his neck only to let him dominating me with his intoxicating lips. The winter wind is blowing hard, but I felt nothing but passionate fixations for his touch, and warmth.

|02| A Bouquet’s Vow| Jung Yun Ho|

            Yunho’s eyes manifested a pure affection when he saw her, walking slowly, with a beautifully crafted bouquet on her grip, and white, elegant tube dress enfolding her enchanting figure. The edge of the dress lightly swept up the red carpet as she took a pause before she turned right; leaving small trail of yearns in his eyes.

            Another woman appeared before him. Her hand was encircled at an old man’s arm, and she was looking extremely beguiling in a white empire wedding dress. Her jet black hair is accentuated with diamond tiara, light curls of hair cascaded down on both sides of her face, emphasizing her captivating eyes.

            “Protect my daughter, Yunho-ssi,” The old man patted his arm, placing her daughter’s hand onto his. He insisted himself to smile, trying to act as casual as possible.

            “Today, in God’s bless, we’re all gathered to witness the Holy Matrimony of Jung Yunho and …”

            In a matter of seconds, loud cheers of crowd knocking his ear, flower petals hit his numb body, and soft touch upon his lips slammed his mind open. Everything happened so quickly. His gaze then capturing the sight of figure he loved the most for the last time. Her eyes met his, and she nodded encouragingly at him; lifting the bouquet of pink and white roses.

            His lips crooked into thin, sad smile. You don’t know how much I hope that it’s you and me whom stood under this holy vow of Wedding. He thought, but we both know it’s impossible, since we were born from the same womb, and live from the same blood and flesh. Albeit the hopeless wish, they had kept their own vow, a vow which breathed same words like the roses did; “I love you still and always will…”

|03| A Way to Adress| Lee Jong Hyun|

          “Excuse me,” He softly said, closing the door behind him and walked toward the white desk across the room. “Yes, what can I do―” She abruptly stopped when she looked up to the person who was sitting in front of her. “I’m sorry. I have to send this file to Chairman Lee…”

            He immediately grabbed her arm once she stepped out from her desk “Soohyun-ah, we both know that the President won’t receive anything until next two weeks,” He calmly stated, “But if you insist on giving him the file, why don’t you give it to me instead?”

            “Vice President Lee, I clearly knew that you are President’s son, but still, calling the employees with informal speech is inappropriate,” She retorted, giving him a consecutive stare at his eyes then at his hand that’s still on her arm “And holding one’s arm without permission is also not allowed, no matter what the reasons are,” Always witty, smirking, he let go of her arm and motioned her to go back to her seat.

            “Shouldn’t you ask anything?”

            “My apologies, what can I do for you today?” She flatly asked.

            “I need you to give me the report of last month’s expenses and if you don’t mind, Japanese Division’s archives.”

            “I have the report ready to print, but as for the archives, I hope you don’t mind waiting while I search it for you,” She stood up, and walked in to the door filled with shelves of maps and stacks of papers, ignoring him who was taking notice on her short, wobbly steps.

            “I’ll get it by myself, just show me where the archives are,”

            “No, it’s my job to do this,” She hastily rummaging the papers, letting its weight supported by her hands, forgetting the small ground she was standing at. She was pushed backward as the big stacks slipped downward, making her lost her grip and stumbling from the stool.

            She yelped in surprise when a pair of arms held onto her waist and pulled her down. Some of the papers which fell along with the maps hit the cold, tiled floor, and some of them were hitting his back. But he was too occupied at her safety to pay attention toward those ridiculous stacks of dead object.

            “Are you okay?”

            “I’m fine,” Her cheeks went warmer upon realizing the intimate distance of their bodies; she was about to stood up when she’s stopped by Jonghyun who then reached for her legs and took her shoes out, “Being persistent and being cocky is different,” he said after revealing the reddening bruise on the back of her foot. “Persistent is a quality to endure painful or difficult situation, and stubbornness is quantity of ego to hide your weakness,”

            Words were abandoned when he started massaging her legs, attempting to heal the tensed muscles. She looked around, to the shelves, the unorganized maps, then to the main door which was visible from the spot they were sitting at,

            “Vice President Lee―” She raised her tone, trying to remind him about any negative assumptions if someone caught them off guard. Ignoring her warning, he leaned forward till his face only few inches far from hers. With a very gentle movement, he kisses her ear, and lets out soft whisper,

            “I don’t think that’s a correct way to address your fiancé,”