Meeting My Girl

Meeting My Girl (parallel story to Counting Down)

 

"Hyung, your cover!" Zelo pointing at my arm. I glanced down and in a breath.
 
00:00:00:09:38
 
"It's about time," Yongguk snorted and I felt the urge to punch him, but an overwhelming need to get into my car was a lot stronger. I bolted to the kitchen, grabbed my keys, and sprinted out the door.
 
"Good luck, Daehyunnie!" Himchan shouted as I sped out of the driveway. He sighed as Yongguk pulled him into his arms.
 
"Remember how we felt right before we were matched?" Yongguk murmured into his boyfriends' ear.
 
"Yeah, I do. It was terrifying," Himchan replied and pecked his lover on the lips before skipping back to the couch.
 
Meanwhile, I had managed to drive halfway into downtown before I was stuck in a traffic jam. Slamming my hand down numerous times on the horn, I felt a wave of panic wash over my body.
 
I HAVE to be somewhere RIGHT NOW.
 
My match is waiting for me just beyond this stupid traffic
 
"Screw this," I growled and cut the engine. I threw open the car door, severely denting the truck next to me, and took off running. Someone was shouting behind me, but I didn't look back.
 
I didn't care. 
 
It was like some divine force was leading me through the winding streets. I had no idea where I was, yet I turned corners, went past intersections, and through bushes.
 
00:00:00:03:12
 
When I looked at my time and saw that, it was like my body went into overdrive. My legs moved faster, and my breath was coming evenly.
 
Soon I found myself on a familiar street that I knew was downtown.
 
00:00:00:02:03
 
It's finally happening! I thought excitedly as I turned a corner, yet I immediately became nervous.
 
Whats my match going to be like? Will she like me? Is it even a girl?!
 
00:00:00:00:57
 
My breath, which was so steady not even two minutes ago, started coming in ragged gasps. I sprinted even harder when I looked at my time.
 
00:00:00:00:32
 
"I look like crap because of all this running! I wonder what my match looks like," I didn't even realize I was speaking out loud. I only do that when I'm extremely nervous.
 
00:00:00:00:10
 
My heart froze in my chest as I looked at my time.
 
00:00:00:00:05
 
FIVE SECONDS LEFT?!?! I AM DEFINITELY NOT READY FOR THIS-
 
00:00:00:00:02
 
I shot around a corner and, before I could stop, I crashed right into a girl standing in front of an ice cream shop.
 
00:00:00:00:00
 
You fell to the ground and I stood there in shock.
 
Is she... my match?
 
I looked at my number, saw it slowly fade away, and I looked back at you. You were breathtakingly beautiful in every way. Your cheeks were slightly flushed and your eyes were glistening with tears. 
 
"Hi," you whispered, "I'm ____."
 
"I-I-I'm Daehyun," I mentally smacked myself for stuttering,
 
"a-are you... my soulmate?"
 
You threw your arms around me, and I hugged you tightly back, feeling some tears well up in my own eyes as well. Your sweet vanilla perfume enveloped me and I pulled you closer to me.
 
"It's nice to finally meet you, Daehyun," you whispered into my shoulder, and I chuckled at how cute you were being.
 
"So, _____," I smiled when you looked up at me with huge doe eyes, "we should hang out sometime."
 
You laughed, a little tinkling sound like fairy bells, and I knew then why everyone was always so nervous before they met their match.
 
It's because your other half is perfect in every way.
 
And I had finally met my girl. 
 

Haii so here's the other part to Counting Down, I hope you guys weren't too disappointed

After a bajillion years I finally finished this fic :3

Give me feedback! Me no likey silent readers okie?

ENJOY COMMENT SUBSCRIBE AND ADD ME AS A FRIEND <3