Stop Following Me {Drabble}

Stop Following Me {Drabble}

 

I never wanted things to turn out like this. I always pictured us getting married one day. Maybe we would adopt a few kids and live a happy life until we grew old. I never thought that this would happen.

 

But, Hyukkie...please. Stop trying to follow me. I love you more than you could ever imagine, but you have to move on now. I'm not here anymore.

 

You have to stop coming after me, baby. I don't like seeing you hurt and in pain. I live in a nightmare each time you do this. You have to let me go.

 

 

Let me die.

 

There's someone right beside you. He hates to see you like this too. He loves you—never as much I do, no one could ever love you as much as I do—but he wants to take care of you.

 

I'll always be watching you. I'll never stop loving you. We'll meet again someday, but I want you to come find me after you've lived a full, happy life. So I'm asking you...no I'm begging you. Stop trying to come after me.

 

It's time for me to go. Remember me from time to time, ne?

 

Lee Hyukjae, I love you so, so much. That's why I need you to stop following me.

 

 

Wake up now. That brat better take good care of you, because if he doesn't, I'll haunt him for the rest of his life.

 

Okay, now I really have to go... I don't want to. Trust me baby, I really don't want to leave you. I love you too much, but I can't deny this any longer.

 

If I could win, I'd fight death for you, Hyukkie.

 

I'm sorry I made you cry.

 

 

I love you.

 

Hyukjae opened his eyes, tears slipping down his cheeks. I knew that he had heard my message.

 

I love you too, Hae,” he whispered quietly.

 

 

My chest constricted at his heartbroken voice. He moved slightly and noticed the brunette who was kneeling on the floor next to his bed and watching him intently.

 

 

Kyuhyun sighed in relief that Hyukjae was awake. He smiled, one hand absently tracing the bloody bandages around Hyukjae's wrists. He kissed Hyukjae's fingertips and caressed his cheek. “I'm sorry...I can't be him. But I promise to take care of you, hyung.”

 

I watched quietly from the corner of the room and sighed. It was time for me to leave. I was really going to leave him behind.

 

Fate is so cruel.

 

Don't follow me anymore, Hyukkie. Remember that I'll always love you.”

 

 

I was about to detach my spirit from this world when two soft and teary brown eyes met mine. I mouthed 'I love you' one more time before disappearing forever.

 

6/9/11