Love conquers all..

Space

 

 

 

Everything is on its right place. Or so they thought.

 

 

They both didn't noticed it, but after years of believing that their love would suffice all the obstacles thrown at them, after years of struggling to make their relationship last.. They started treating each other nonchalantly, taking advantage of each other's presence. Jiyong started hanging around more often in his recording studio than in the apartment they shared. Dara chose to spend her leisure time with her members than to wait for Ji's return and welcome him with a warm hug. 

 

 

They both knew and noticed what was happening to their story yet no one took the initiative to correct it. And the makeshift fairytale they had struggled to make and work for five years, the fairytale that everyone around them envied.. started crumbling right in front of their very own eyes, with nothing else to do but just stare at the broken pieces it left.

 

 

___________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

Silence enveloped the two as they wordlessly ate the food Dara ordered from a take-out chain nearby. The clanking of the chopsticks on the plate was deafening yet none of them took the move to break it. And as far as they both can remember, this is the first time in two months that they both ate at their dinning table at the same time. The silence continued as they both finished their food. 

 

 

Dara stood up, with her plate and utensils on her hands, as she made her way towards the sink. She heard Jiyong sighed but she ignored it and continued her way to the sink to wash the plate she used. And when she was done, she turned around and saw Jiyong looking back at her. His eyes shows the tiredness he felt from his work, and most importantly, the tiredness he felt with the way things are going them. He advanced towards her, intending to make their relationship be back on how it was then.

 

 

"This couldn't continue on, D...." he whispered brokenly as he placed a soft touch on her arm. Dara looked up at him and smiled sadly.

 

 

She knows they need to talk about their problem and settle what it is between them. But there's a small part in her that says they needed a space. A space where they can think of their problem and settle what it is between them. A space where they think of the future they wanted.

 

 

Dara lifted her hands and cupped his face. She blinked away the sudden prick of tears that formed on the brim of her eyes. 

 

 

"I can't go on like this, Dara. I need us to be okay.." Jiyong said as he pulled Dara closer closer to him, greedy of the warmth that she effortlessly offer. Dara molded into his embrace as she hungrily roam her eyes along his features, as if memorizing every pore, ever line.

 

 

"I know, Ji. I know.." she softly agreed, enveloping the man in a hug. They stayed like that, savoring the intimacy they both craved. For how long? Nobody knows.

 

 

"I think we need some space, Ji." she softly whispered in his ear after a long moment being enveloped in his hug. Jiyong, though confused as to what space she is she is talking about, broke their hug and pushed her an arm away so they could have space.

 

 

"I mean space away from each other," she slowly said, every word breaking her heart. Jiyong looked confused for a moment before his brain registered what she had said 

 

 

"I...... W-why?" he stuttered, the fear of losing her slowly swallowing him whole.

 

 

"We just need to clear our heads, Ji..... We need some alone time for ourselves. We've been together for so long that we treat each other like a nonentity. We need to have that space so that it will remind us of how we were back then. We need it, Ji." she finished, a lone tear escaped her eye but wiped them away. She looked up at Jiyong and her heart broke seeing that unshed tears glistening his eyes. She doesn't want to do this but they needed this, a space.

 

 

"I..... I can't, Dara.. I can't lose you," he said.

 

 

"You're not going to lose me, Ji," she assured him.

 

 

"But.... But...." Jiyong hesitated as he closed the distance between them and hugged her tight once more.. 

 

 

"Please, Jiyong?" she whispered as she encircled her arms around his neck, pulling him to her closer than he already is.

 

 

It took Jiyong some time before he slowly nodded his head, thinking that she's indeed right. They both needed this space. With that, he cupped her face with both hands, his head slowly descending so his lips could meet hers. They both savored the feeling, their heart beating wildly inside their chests. They are crazily in love with each other, they know that. But there's just something that love itself could not cure. After a moment, they pulled out from their kiss and stared at each other's eyes. 

 

 

"You know I love you, right?" Jiyong said as he made slow circles with his thumb on her cheek. Dara nodded her head. 

 

 

"And I love you too, Ji.. But we need to do this. For us." she said then slowly smiled.

 

 

"Yes," he agreed. "We need this.." he added, "but bare in your mind that I wouldn't love you less even with that space between us."

 

 

"I know, Ji.." she said then enveloped him in a hug once more, tighter than she usually does whenever she would hug him.

 

 

They stayed savoring each others' warmth until both of them decided to call it a night. They both made their way towards their room, and together, they lie on their bed, cuddled up to each others' arm. Setting the thought aside that tomorrow, there won't be a Dara and Jiyong for the mean time. There'll only be just Dara and just Jiyong who'll somehow find their way back to into each other's arms. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Seconds, minutes, days, weeks and it eventually turned months. Just as they agreed upon, Dara and Jiyong lived separately for five months. And their busy schedules helped them to ignore their longing to be with each other once more. Jiyong with his Japanese album preparations and Dara with their upcoming comeback. They would still keep tabs on each other but they do it in their subtle ways.

 

 

With Jiyong in Japan and Dara in Korea, they can't help it but to miss each other more. And they had to admit that the five months they've been away from each other helped them realize things. First is that they miss each other terribly to the point that it drove them both to the brink of their sanity. Second is that they love each other and the intervening five months only only strengthen their love for each other. And last, they both know now, for sure, that they wanted to each others' partner.

 

 

Through thick and thin. Through sickness and in health. 'Till death do they part.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jiyong hastily walked the hallways of Incheon airport, eager to that place- the apartment they shared. He doesn't know why but something in him tells him that she's there, waiting for him to come home. A giddy smile can't help but to form across his lips as he envisioned her there, waiting patiently for him like how she does back then.

 

 

And he was not mistaken one a bit when he opened the the door and a goddess welcomed him with her radiant smile that melts every male population in Korea.

 

 

He slowly made his way towards her, his eyes never leaving her stature.

 

 

"Hi," he breathed his first word for her over five months when they were standing face to face with only an inch space between them. He smiled as she smiled back. There were no words uttered yet it felt like they have talked for hours now. They were just there, standing in front of each other, staring, smiling. Hearts beating as one. 

 

 

It was after a long time that Jiyong decided to lift his arms and slowly, gently, caresses her face. He missed her so damn much. 

 

 

"I miss you, Ssantokki," he whispered loud enough for her to hear. And in return, Dara smiled at him before wrapping her hands on his neck and pulled him to her. Their lips met, their heart soared. The loneliness they felt was immediately washed away when they both felt that familiar heart stopping kiss. The kiss that once started as a gentle one turned into a battle for dominance. Neither one them wanted to break their kiss but sooner or later, they need to because of the need for air. Jiyong started placing butterfly kisses all over her face when they pulled away from their kiss.

 

 

 

Dara smiled, unshed tears shone in her eyes as she wrapped her hands around him and enveloped him in a tight hug.

 

 

"I missed you too, Ji," she whispered near his ear. Jiyong hearing that from her, lifted her up in his arms and made his way towards their room.

 

 

Without much words said, they both know that they were back to how how they were back then.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They were lying on their bed, with only the sheets covering their ness. Dara used Jiyong's chest as as her pillow while her hands placed on top of his stomach. Jiyong's hand was drawing lazy circles on her bare shoulders as his other his other hand tightly wrapped on her waist.

 

 

"Jiyong...." Dara called.

 

 

"Hmmmmmm?" Jiyong responded.

 

 

"Don't ever eat out with someone you don't know, okay?" she said which made the man confused. He have no idea what she was talking talking about but when he racked his brain and remembered something, his eyes widens. His first instinct is to deny it, and deny is what he did.

 

 

"I've never done that. I've never done that with anybody," he denied while shaking his head. She doesn't need to know that because it was merely a dinner between two friends. It doesn't mean anything to him.

 

 

"Okay, I see.." Dara sighed then continued, "I'm just saying you shouldn't because you never know what might happen," she finishes as she looked at him through her lashes and and smiled.

 

 

"I didn't. I haven't done anything like that.." he said while back at her. Just with the way she smiles mischievously should've been his hint that she knew something. But he chose to ignore it.

 

 

"How about with Kiko Mizuhara?" she suddenly asked which made his eyes widens with surprise. And now knowing that she indeed knew something made him so guilty. He should've told her the first time she asked. And besides, he doesn't have to hide it from her because they didn't do anything aside from eating. He put up his apologetic face and opened his mouth to apologize for denying it when she beat him to it.

 

 

"You don't need to say sorry, Ji..." Dara, then pushed herself upward and planted a soft kiss on his lips. "I trust you.." she whispered against his lips.

 

 

"I love you," he said, cupping her face between his hands and looking at her with love-filled eyes.

 

 

"And I love you too," she replied. 

 

 

"Prove it," Jiyong said out of the blue with a smirk on his face. Dara looked at him with confusion written on her face.

 

 

"Prove? How?" she asked. Jiyong reached out for the pocket of his pants and got something there.

 

 

"Marry me," he declared and offered the ring he bought for her in Japan.

 

 

Dara can't believe what she's seeing right now. In front of her very eyes is the most beautiful ring she had ever seen in her entire life. And Jiyong holding it and offering it to her made it more precious in her eyes.

 

 

"Oh my god," she softly exclaimed as she clasped her hands on . She just stared at the ring and to Jiyong and after a heartbeat, she threw herself on him and hugged him really tight.

 

 

"Is that a yes?" Jiyong asked as he softly chuckled. Dara just simply nodded her her head continuously, tears falling heedlessly from her eyes.

 

 

"Hey," Jiyong entangled her arms on his neck as he made her face him. "Answer me," he said. He wanted to hear it directly from . That she'll be forever his. "Will you marry me?" he asked again.

 

 

"Yes, Ji. Oh my god, YES!" she exclaimed as she bit her lips when Jiyong reached for her hand and slowly slid the ring to where it to where it truly belongs, in her ring finger. Jiyong planted a soft kiss on her hand before looking back at her. He smiled and she smiled, with tears on her cheeks. Jiyong brushed the tears away using his thumb as he kissed her.

 

 

"I love you," he declared.

 

 

"I love you too," she replied.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

 

 

 

Yay!

There, all done now~

kkkkk ^_^

Thanks for reading, yeorubun!

Hope you enjoyed! 

xoxo