Silent Tears

Silent Tears

 

         Silence filled the cold autumn night. There was no sound at all. No cars were roaming the streets or couples walking on the pavement. It was all quiet. Usually people would be annoyed by the silence and would try to think of something to do but not her. Song Jieun, a young beautiful girl with rich brown hair, warm brown eyes, and clear milky skin, was use to the silence that surrounded her. It didn’t bother her at all. In fact, she would deal with this every day and every night.

            She wasn’t lonely; she was already married to Nam Woohyun, the only son of a woman she worked for at sweet delight café, but it didn’t feel like she was married to him. Wonder why she felt like this? Well, she doesn’t talk to him and he doesn’t as well. They are always in their own world, well to Jieun she thinks Woohyun is in his own little world. He doesn’t talk to her or look at her. It makes her wonder why they even got married in the first place. Well, she did agree to marry him because his mother had asked him to and she didn’t want to reject. Also, she was in love with Woohyun as well. Ever since she saw him she wanted to be his but thought that would never happen yet it did. When his mother asked her to be his wife she thought everything in her world would be amazing but that changed when they did get married.

            After they got married Woohyun didn’t talk to Jieun that much. Even though he rarely said anything to her besides that, she felt happy to be with him but that changed. Each day Jieun would get sadder sometimes even depressed. She wanted to have a happy relationship with Woohyun but it never came that way. Her heart aches in pain every time he doesn’t look at her. She cries every night when they are sleeping but he doesn’t hear her. She weeps silent tears.

            She sat at the kitchen counter drinking hot tea and reading a magazine. Jieun was waiting for Woohyun to arrive at home. Though Jieun knew Woohyun doesn’t look at her that much, she still has to complete her duty as a wife. Until he arrived, she won’t go to sleep. Her eyes darted at the clock. It was almost midnight. She was wondering where he was. A few more minutes had passed. Jieun thought about sleeping until the door opened. Her eyes looked at the person coming in. It was Woohyun. He came in taking his shoes off. Instead of heading towards Jieun’s direction, he went straight to their bedroom.  She was perplexed by his actions. She watched him enter the room. Halfway in there he looked at her.

            “You know” he began, “You didn’t have to wait for me. I already had dinner by the way”

            She gave a short nod. He went in the room. Her shoulders dropped and a pain was arousing from her chest. Her heart ached. She wanted it to stop. She got up then went inside their bedroom. Woohyun was taking a shower. While he was doing that, jieun changed into her night gown then fell on the bed. Her eyes wouldn’t shut. Woohyun came out of the shower. He slept next to jieun but his back was facing her.

             Hours had passed in the night and Jieun still hadn’t slept. Her eyes were stuck on Woohyun. Thoughts swivel in her mind. She always wondered why Woohyun even decided to marry her. Did he even love her? She always asked herself that every time. She felt pain upon her chest once more. Her heart was aching. She shut her eyes putting her clenched fist on her chest trying to stop the pain. She felt water forming in her eyes. She knew it was coming but she didn’t want it to. She wanted no tears coming from her eyes. It would make the pain worse. But it was too late for that. Tears were exploding rolling down her cheeks. Pain was getting worse. It hurt more than a knife going through her chest. The whole might she was in pain crying her silent tears.

            The sun’s rays hit Jieun on her face. She moved her hands above her eyes blocking out the sunlight. She woke up sitting on her bed. She looked to her side where Woohyun was sleeping. He looked peaceful. Jieun looked at his perfect features then went to the bathroom getting ready for work. When she entered the bathroom the first thing she noticed was her puffy red eyes. She knew this was all from the crying she had done. She just rubbed it off then continued getting ready. She dashed into the kitchen making breakfast the running to work.

            It was busy at the café Jieun worked at. There were tons of customers arriving; most of them were couples that made Jieun feel uneasy. While Jieun was working she noticed the couples. They were holding hands, laughing, hugging, kissing, and showing affection to each other. Inside Jieun envied them. She wished her and Woohyun would be like that. Sunggyu, Jieun’s best guy friend and co-worker, noticed Jieun eyeing the couples. He made his way over to her.

            “Hey” he said. She was startled by his appearance that she almost dropped the cup she was holding.

            “Oh Sunggyu you scared me” she was calming down.

            “Sorry. Didn’t mean to scare you”

            “It’s alright”

            “So how’s life with Woohyun”

            “It’s…alright” she looked at the couples.

            “I noticed you’re looking at the couples”

            “Oh um…yeah”

            “Jieun what’s wrong”

            “It’s nothing”

            “Jieun, I know you’re lying”

            “I’m not” but to be true she was lying not only to Sunggyu but to herself. There was something wrong but she didn’t want to say it. Instead she kept quiet about it. Sunggyu looked at Jieun worried that there might be something wrong.

            “Well, if there is anything wrong then tell me”

            She gave a little nod.

            “She you around Jieun”

            He left her then went back to work. After 2 hours everyone was already gone. Jieun left with Sunggyu. They walked along the road to their home talking about their day. Sunggyu covertly was trying to make Jieun spill out something she wasn’t telling him but it didn’t work. They arrived at their homes saying good-bye then parting away. Jieun entered her home. The lights weren’t . Jieun knew Woohyun wasn’t home and he wasn’t going to be home for a while. She decided to take a shower and loaf around. After a couple of hours, she wanted to sleep. She headed to the bedroom and slept. But, she couldn’t sleep again like the other night.

            Jieun began thinking about Woohyun. She wanted to know something from him. She wanted to know if he does love her but doesn’t know how to show his affection and if he didn’t love her then why did he agree to marry her. She always wanted to ask that but was afraid to.

           More hours had passed. Jieun slowly fell asleep but a noise woke her up; it was the front door. Her eyes slowly opened.

            Woohyun entered the house along with another person. It was a woman. She was skinny, had brown eyes, and soft light brown hair. The woman was gorgeous. Jieun watched the two.

            “That was really fun” smiled the woman.

            “It was” said Woohyun cheerfully.

            “I hadn’t had fun like that in a while”

            “Same here”

            “Well I’ll see you at work Woohyun”

            “You too Hyomin” he gave her a tight hug then she walked away.

            Woohyun came in their bedroom still smiling. He seemed happy. He went in the bathroom.

            Jieun witnessed the whole thing and pain came back again. He was smiling because he was with another woman and not here. She wanted to cry again but her tears were held back.

            Woohyun exited the bathroom then sat next to her on the bed. He was on his phone before sleeping. He was texting someone and sure seemed excited about it. She guessed it was the woman, Hyomin, he was with. Woohyun placed the phone on the small table next to him then fell asleep. Jieun felt like crying.

            At the café, Jieun was having a hard time focusing on work. There were too many questions on her mind. Who was that woman? Why was Woohyun smiling? Is he happier to be with that woman than her? Those questions roamed her mind. Also, the pain wouldn’t go away; it stuck on her chest like super glue.

            Jieun ruined many orders and received many lectures from her co-workers. Sunggyu witnessed everything she did. He was worried for her.

             Finally after 2 hours of working they had a 15 minute break. Jieun went to go sit at a table in the far corner. She dropped down on the chair. She had a headache the size of Texas. Sunggyu accompanied her. He brought her a cool glass of water.

“Didn’t get enough sleep?” Sunggyu asked.

“Not that much” she gave a weak smile.

“Is something going on?”

“No”

“Okay Jieun” his voice got louder “You have been feeling depressed and upset every time I see you and I do not like it”

“Sunggyu…”

“I know something is wrong and you need to tell me. Jieun I’m your friend and I’m always here for you”

There were tears forming in her eyes. She clenched her uniform.

“Jieun…” he knew she was about to cry.

“Sunggyu…do you know why Woohyun married me?”

“I-I don’t know”

“Do you think Woohyun loves me?”

“Jieun…”

“Please answer”

“I do think he loves you”

“Then why doesn’t he show it?”

There was silence.

“Sunggyu, I seen him with another woman yesterday; he looked happy to be with her”

He said nothing but listen to her.

“He doesn’t want me Sunggyu”

“Don’t say that Jieun”

“It’s true. If he did then…he would show affection and love but he doesn’t”

“He does want you”

“No he doesn’t. He had enough of me. In fact, I believe he didn’t want me in the first place”

“Jieun don’t say things like that”

She took in a deep breath. “I’m going early”

Sunggyu nodded. “Hope you think this through”

         Jieun grabbed her things. She told the manager she was leaving early. The manager was alright with it. Jieun left the shop. Sunggyu watched her leave. He felt pity for her.

        Jieun was walking fast in the cold wind. She tugged on her jacket trying to make her warmer.

       Something in the corner caught her eye. She turned her head to a restaurant and was shocked by the scene.

      It was Woohyun with Hyomin; they were at a restaurant talking and holding hands. Jieun couldn’t believe what she saw. Her eyes filled up with tears. She ran all the way home pushing away crowds of people blocking her way.

       She stopped near their home. She stared at their home. Her eyes were exploding with tears like a waterfall. She couldn’t  believe everything she saw. She knew he didn’t want her and he proved it by being with another woman. Jieun didn’t want to be near him. Her heart was filled with pain, anger, and depression. She decided to vanish, vanish from his life.  She didn’t want to deal with pain anymore.

      Jieun began running, running away from everything she had. She didn’t want to face it anymore. She didn’t want to face pain every single day. She wanted to run away from it and she was doing it. She wanted the silent tears to stop and they were going to.

     She kept running but didn’t know where she was running. But, the only thing in her mind was to get away from him.

      It was dark. She could see nothing but that didn’t stop her from running. There was a sound coming from afar but she didn’t even bother to look in the direction from where it was coming. The sound grew louder and there was a light coming towards her but she didn’t stop to look until the light was visible enough for her make out what it was. It was a car’s headlight. She knew she was running on an open road. She saw the car coming closer to her. She looked at the car then…everything went dark in her eyes.

      There was a sound of a person; it was a young man’s voice. He was talking on his phone and he sounded frightened and worried.

Jieun lied on the cold hard ground of the street. She didn’t move. In fact, she couldn’t move at all. She laid on the ground looking up to the night sky. She felt something rolling down her cheek. It was a tear; her tear. She was weeping but no could hear her. She cried a silent tear. 


Okay you might kill because the ending wasn't good and I want to kill myself for it too but btw she's not going to die and you're going to learn what happens in the sequel of it so don't hate me and I'm sorry if it's not what you expected but I'll try to make the sequel better.Also, I hope it wasn't confusing.

Thanks for reading ^^