第1章 (Chapter 1)

Sixfold Love

JesYugo

Awkward, was an understatement. Every brush, every touch, caused Jesse and Yugo to flinch away from each other. The worst parts were filming the scenes. They had to work together as their characters, which meant quite a bit of touching. Even the hand shakes they had to do sent fire running through both boys. One, that they couldn't decide was good or bad. Breaks, however, were no better. Because of their lack of love lives, the members of the Bakaleya6 had developed a habit of always touching one another. So much so, that it was natural. At least between the six. And though no one talked about it, all six knew.

They knew Hokuto's constant gazes at Shintaro. They knew Taiga's glares directed at Juri and his blushes whenever his light-haired kohai was around. And they especially knew Yugo's and Jesse's awkward moments. The photo shoots consisted of them being overly close. They held hands, almost-kissed, and had a friendship a little bit far from healthy. Nowhere could they avoid each other. Especially since Juri almost always insisted that they have group dates. It really didn't help their social lives and Jesse and Yugo's predicament in any way whatsoever.
~~~~~~~
Taiga --> Juri

Taiga cursed himself for having such stupid reflexes. Anytime Juri was around, his face flushed. As if Juri's presence alone stimulated a relflex that made him blush. He couldn't help it. Juri's light brown hair and smiling face caused his knees to go weak. The flirty smile Juri seemed to always don, sent pleasant shivers up and down Taiga's spine. And it was pointless.

For all Taiga's infatuation with his coactor, it's not like Juri meant anything by it. Taiga's crush also happened to be a world-class flirt. He could whip out pick-up lines faster than you could piece the meaning together. Every cast member had been a subject of Juri's flirting. Whether it be boys or girls. Taiga tried not to be jealous. After all, Juri was perfectly entitled to flirting. There wasn't anything criminal about it and its not like they were in a relationship. Still, he couldn't help the slowed, saddened throbbing of his heart whenever Juri flirted with yet another person. Just like he couldn't help his heart's quickened pace whenever Juri flirted with HIM.

"Ne, Tai-chan!" The familiar voice broke through Taiga's thoughts. His heart immediately beat faster and he willed the blush away from his face, trying to clear his thoughts. Just when his face had cooled, Juri threw his arms around Taiga's neck from behind and his face burned again.

"Nanda?" Taiga struggled to keep his voice steady and sound irritated, which was a next-to-impossible feat. Juri leaned forward and whispered, "I need your help." HIs warm breath tickled Taiga's ear and half of him wanted to jump up and run away, while the other half wanted to immediately kiss his crush. Thankfully, he did neither. He let out what he hoped was an exasperated sigh and stood up, reluctantly removing Juri's arms from around his neck.

"Fine." Taiga walked away, and as Juri slung an arm around his shoulder, was unable to hold back a small, happy smile.
~~~~~~~
JurixTaiga

He loved him, he really did. He just didn't know how to show it. Juri wondered why he couldn't tell Taiga. Because of his own insecurities, he made other people insecure. Because he couldn't get a handle on his emotions, he hurt others'. As he walked hand-in-hand with his newest girlfriend, he groaned inwardly. Taiga was one of the sweetest people he knew, and the person he was hurting. He hated himself for it, but he didn't know how to change it. Juri could feel all his friends' eyes on him, but the only one he was really aware of, was one gaze. Out of curiousity, Juri turned around. Big mistake. The first thing he saw was Taiga's smile. It seemed perfectly normal.

Until Juri looked up and into his friend and crush's eyes. Sadness flooded Taiga's soft brown eyes. Eyes that always looked at him with happiness and kindness, were now filled with a sadness so deep, it hurt Juri's own heart. He turned away, tears prickling his eyes. Faintly, he could hear his "girlfriend" asking him if he was fine. Dimly, he could feel himself nodding and forcing a smile, all the while thinking that Taiga would have been able to tell immediately if something was wrong with him.

But then again, if he was with Taiga, there wouldn't be anything wrong with him. Outwardly, he joked and flirted with his girl-no, acquaintance. Thinking she was his girlfriend seemed to Juri as if he was hurting Taiga. Still, he couldn't seem to let go of her hand. Inwardly, Juri mentally cursed himself. For being such an idiot, such a... jerk. For not being able to tell the person he cared about most, his feelings.

"Ne, Juri-kun, I'm reallly happy you asked me out today." The voice of the girl sitting across from him broke him out of his self-scolding. She smiled at him and Juri forced himself to smile back. Through all this, he kept thinking about how pretty Taiga's smile was. When the girl took his hand, he remembered the feel of Taiga's hands whenever they touched him. When she leaned forward to kiss him, Juri imagined his lips on Taiga's and for once, a content and happy smile spread across his lips.

Suddenly, out of the corner of his eye, Juri saw someone very familiar walk the sidewalk. He immediately pulled away, startling the girl. Thankfully, Taiga chose that moment to look, and not earlier. Juri gave him a rather forced grin and waved. Taiga smiled, his brown eyes lighting up. The sadness was still there, but there was also a joy and contentment in Taiga's face, similar to the one that had come over Juri's own, not too long ago. Before he knew it, Taiga started walking towards them.

All of a sudden, Juri became flustered. He straightened his shirt and smoothed his hair, self-consciously. When Taiga reached their table, there was an awkward moment between the two boys as they looked at each other, blushes evident on their faces. Suddenly, gentle giggles could be heard. Both boys looked at the girl across from them.

She smiled at Juri. "I wondered why you were so distracted. Now, I know why. You should have told me, you know. We can break up." Juri and Taiga had no response to that. The girl stood up and kissed the two boys on their cheeks.

"I hope you two are happy. Juri-kun, care for him. As a final favor to me." With that, she exited, leaving two very shocked boys behind. A few seconds later, Taiga broke into a smile. "She's a nice girl." Juri also smiled, staring after who was his former girlfriend. "She is, isn't she. Still there's someone even..." Juri let the sentence trail off, looking shyly at his senpai. Taiga blushed, immediately realizing what Juri had been about to say. "Let's go somewhere else?" Juri asked tentatively. Taiga smiled through his blush and took his kohai's hand, making Juri blush as well.

They arrived at the park, and sat down on a bench. It was quiet for a long while. The pair sat, but didn't let go of each others' hands. Finally, Juri turned to the older boy. "Ano..." Taiga looked at him, making the words he wanted to say, almost impossible. "I-I... really-" Juri was cut off by cooing and whistling. The two looked forward to see the other four members of the Bakaleya6 nudging each other and smiling.

"Ignore them. Now, what did you have to say?" Juri turned back to Taiga and swallowed hard. "I really like you!" It came out more as a release of breath, rather than a sentence. Taiga looked surprised, then smiled warmly. "I love you too." Before Juri could protest that that wasn't what he'd said, Taiga moved forward and lightly pressed his lips to Juri's. And it was then that Juri couldn't care less about what he'd said.