Chapter 5

"You Can't Wear My "

 

          . . . The lights went out. Streaks of freakin lightning near the apartment are seen outside the windows. She can’t find a single candle with this creeping darkness. She’s not really afraid of the dark and thunder but who loves them anyway.

          Crap. Crap. Crap. What now? Noises of steel clinking are now freaking her out. I think it’s from the kitchen. Could that be Chunji? She tried to get out of her room. To keep her guided, she leans to the wall and headed towards the door. She hangs on to some of the furniture for balance. More noises now that the kitchen is near.

         She tried to see through every time the lightning strikes she just has to buckle up whenever it thunders. She could see shadows now faintly walking towards her location.

         “Chunji-ah? Is that you?”

         “Ahhh!” Chunji squealed. Alright, he didn’t really squeal. He maybe squealed a little.

         “It is you!” Seige carefully maneuvered her way to Chunji who is now on the floor shocked to death.

         “Don’t surprise me like that!” Chunji held on to his chest to calm his heart.

         “Sorry.” She rubbed his back to keep him calm.

         Instead of calming him, Chunji’s heart accelerated faster than it has before. Seige’s worried face warmed his heart. People sometimes make fun of him when they see him like this but instead of laughing Seige comforted him like a real family.

         “Thanks, I was just looking for a candle but I couldn’t find it anywhere.” Chunji looked around the room.

         “Me, too. I don’t know if my brother bought one. We never needed them until today.”

         “Maybe we should just use our cellphones for now and if this blackout lasts till tomorrow then we should definitely buy some at the groceries.” Chunji suggested.

        “That’s a good idea. Let’s pass the night together. I can’t seem to sleep with the thunder blasting in my ears.” Seige recommended.

        “Yeah, me either. Where do we hang out? Your room or my room?” Chunji queried.

         “My room, I’ve got snacks.” She beamed.

         They cautiously went to Seige’s room. With this dimness, it’s pretty much hard to find your way back. When they finally got there, Seige patted the other side of her bed and invited Chunji to sit.

        “Come here,” Seige sat in lotus position and opened her cellphone to provide light for Chunji.

         Chunji scooted next to Seige and they started munching on the snacks that Seige saved up. They talked pretty much about a lot of stuff and about their family. They talked about their favorites and their funny moments. They agreed on a lot of things and have several similarities. It was truly hard keeping awake especially if it’s almost two in the morning and still no electricity so they decided to just sleep.

        It was still raining when they woke up late in the morning. Chunji felt his right arm throbbing and going numb. He looked down and saw Seige leaning on to his arm like a pillow. Well, they aren’t cuddling or anything but for him to be just this close to her is enough for him. Her hair is a mess. It spread to an array of directions. He touched the tip of her nose and she unconsciously wrinkled it. He chuckled a bit.

Seige heard some snickering sound and opened one eye to see Chunji laughing at her.

“Hmmm, come on sleep some more,” Seige whispered still half asleep.

She leaned in closer and encircled her arms around Chunji’s waist. She burrowed her face in Chunji’s chest.

Chunji was shocked. He has never cuddled with someone before. Well, he did when he was still a kid with his mother. He blushed a little. He has never cuddled with a girl let alone in the bed. He wonders if Seige could hear his heart beating so fast.

They continued to sleep till noon. They woke up refreshed and a bit hungry.

“Let’s go wash our faces together.” Seige grabbed Chunji’s hand and led him to the bathroom.

“Do you do this with your brother too?” Chunji’s a bit curious. They sure are pretty tight siblings.

“Yeah, sometimes. Can I wash your face?” Lately her brother isn’t spending much time with her.

“Ah, okay. Can I wash yours too?”

“Sure, can I shave your stubbles?”

“Haha, I don’t grow out stubbles yet,” he showed off his perfectly stubble-free face.

Seige splashed some water on him. They played splash-me game for a little while before they get to wash each other’s face. Chunji’s face was flawless. She took her time rubbing the facial wash on his skin. She made sure she lathered his face with soap thoroughly. Chunji rinsed his face by himself and Seige dried him with towels.

“Wow, you really do have porcelain-like skin.” Seige commented as she his cheek.

“You’re no different, you have perfectly fair skin.” He can’t imagine any other person as beautiful as she is. He pinched her cheeks.

“Aw, that hurts.” Seige massaged her slightly swollen cheeks.

“Don’t you feel awkward doing things like this with me?” Chunji asked.

“I don’t. Besides you’re gay. I love hanging out with someone you feel comfortable to talk to. I love hanging out with you. Besides, my brother doesn’t want me hooking up with a guy.”

Aww. That seriously hurt. I am now gay. He felt pity in himself for not being able to prove himself as someone manly. I guess, Sungmin-hyung thought I was gay too. Maybe that’s why he asked a favor from me because hyung thought I would be harmless. But beyond that offending comment, keeping gay and having to pretend to be gay is so difficult especially now.

Chunji never knew that wet look on Seige could be so hot. Okay, exaggerating a bit but not entirely wrong. She looks so innocent with those pearly white teeth, fair-skin, cute nose, pink lips and wide chinky eyes. It took him a lot of energy just so he would not get an staring at her. Double cross that thought. Pretend you did not read that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*Gay stories like this are my obsession these past few weeks. I hope it’s not boring. I’m careful with choosing my words. As much as I want to put cuss and cool words, I can’t. It bothers me to the bones if I put curses in my writing. I’m a Catholic and my conscience won’t let me.  O.O