Never Stop - 1

Never Stop

Kyuhuyn’s POV

Absentmindedly, he was drumming his slender fingers on the ledge of the plane’s window, creating a soft rhythm. He then stared out of the window and looked upwards, rays of sunlight falling on his face. He took in a deep breath and then exhaled slowly. He did not notice a tall man sliding into the seat next to him. The tall man placed his small pouch on top of a careless strewn bagpack and then placed his hand gently onto his knee.

Startled, Kyuhyun turned and upon seeing the tall man, broke into a small, slight smile.

 “Hi.”

The tall man then ruffled Kyuhyun’s hair and attempted to tuck in some stubborn strands neatly.

“It’s okay.” Kyuhyun titled his head and shifted a little away, getting closer to the half-opened window.    

The tall man smiled broadly and searched for Kyuhyun’s hand. His big one enveloping the small loosely, before he leaned back, waiting for the plane to take off.

Looking at their connected hands, Kyuhyun turned his head towards the window again, clearly his mind on something else.

 

Flashback – 6 months ago.

“Why?” Kyuhyun spit out a single word while his knuckles were white from grasping the handles of the cupboard.

“I am sorry, Kyu” Siwon pleaded while sitting at the edge of their bed.

“I did not ask for apologies, I just ask WHY?” the younger turned around swiftly after banging close the door.

Siwon sighed and combed his hands through his tousled hair. “I..it just that the schedules are crazy for the next few months and I am being signed up for so many things, I really overlooked this date.” He had hoped Kyuhyn would understand that sometimes things are really beyond their control.

“Why? Siwon? Why is it that I am always number 2 in what you do?” Kyuhyun asked, defeated, his back towards his lover. He cannot let Siwon see him cry.

 

Siwon’s POV

He was last to board the plane. Keeping a slight distance with the rest and blasting his earphones. He was not in the mood to talk to anyone. Except…

As he settled at his seat, he stared and then gasped lightly. With the sunlight drifting in and throwing light onto the reddish highlights of Kyuhyun’s hair, he was indeed a vision to behold. Pouting lips, earnest brown orbs and slightly red tinged cheeks, paired with a lanky frame. It is no wonder so many fansites are dedicated to him. He looked like an Angel. A snarky one that is.  

Siwon smiled warmly as he saw Kyuhyun stared out of the window, he was always excited about taking planes and loved to take a final look before take-off. Siwon leaned back and closed his eyes.

 

Flashback – 5 months

“Kyu, please…” Siwon tried pleading, both his knees on the floor as he faced his young lover, seated on the couch.

Kyuhyun drew his legs up and stared at him. Reaching out, he placed his trembling hand on the cheek of his lover of three years. Siwon leaned towards his touch, closing his eyes, breathing shallow. “Siwon, I am so sorry. We…I need some space…we are just not working out anymore…”

 

Kyuhyun’s POV.

Kyuhyun stole a look at Siwon from the corner of his eye. He looked so tired and worn out. But when he smiled, his dimples would be showing and it will instantly light up his face. And that face is the one he grew to love so much...

The big hand was clutching his tighter, trying to intertwine their fingers.

Kyuhyun feigned a cough, loosening his hand from the hard grip and covered his mouth.

“Are you okay?” his partner asked, concerned in his voice.

“Yes, Mi,” Kyuhyun replied with a half-smile, “I am just a little tired.”

Then he turned away and pretended to sleep.