Chapter 1

When I First Saw You...

Every day, I caught the train home from Seoul Public High School to my stop in Busan. And every single day I saw the same blonde-haired boy sitting across from me. He has this beautiful, pale skin and strikingly blue eyes that seem too beautiful to be fake. I knew who he was, even though it took me a while to figure it out. Ren. A kpop idol. I wasn't a very big fan but still... Every few minutes along each train ride, I'd look up from my iPod just in time for me to his head eyes flick away hastily. I didn't know why he was looking at me, but every time he did, I'd feel this bright pink flush creep up into my cheeks. Every day was the same. Except today.

I was reading one of my favourite stories (Anterograde Tomorrow//don't read it unless you want to cry//) when I heard my stop called up. I shoved my iPod into my jacket pocket and used one of the interior poles to pick myself up and swing in the direction of the stairs. I jumped down past the four steps and landed safely on my feet in front of the door.

'Doors opening, please stand clear' the electronic voice chimed through the speakers as the two automatic shutters slid apart. My earphones were on rather loud as I stepped off onto the platform of the main Busan train station. I couldn't hear anything over the seemingly loud sound of EXO-K chanting in my ears, but that wasn't anything new. I shoved my hands in my pockets as I exited the train station and turned left onto the main road. I walked for about five minutes before turning off onto a street adjacent to my own. I let out a sigh and felt my shoulder fall as I yawned unintentionally. One of my hands sprung out of my pocket to cover my mouth. I don't like having adults see me and assume I have bad manners. After I reached my own street, I reached my front gate and reached to open it before I felt something tap be on the shoulder. Being as jumpy as I am, I squealed and turned around with wide eyes.

''You dropped this.''

His voice was like a sort of smooth velvet that you can hear. I looked down at his open hand to see my phone resting lightly upon his long fingers. Frantically I patted my back pocket. 'I swear it was there ten seconds ago' I thought in frustration as I awkwardly took my phone back from him.

''Thankyou.'' I managed after a few seconds of awkward silence.

''No problem. I'm Choi Minki..'' He said with a slight smile. He held out his hand in a polite gesture. I put my phone in my pocket and we shook hands like the social convention deigns us to do so. I bowed formally and smiled.

''I'm Lee Eun-hwa.'' I replied as I felt my cheeks flushing a darker pink than usual.

''You catch the main train from Seoul to Busan, yes?''

I nodded. ''Yes I do, but I've never seen you get off at this stop?'' I said inquisitively.

''Ah,well I thought, I might as well take a different route today. See, I have nothing to do this afternoon.''

''Oh really? What do you usually do in the afternoons?'' I felt my head tilt to the side slightly, but I didn't do it on purpose, it sort of happens when I ask a question.

''Hmm... Let's see... Dance practise, vocal practise, photo shoots, more dance rehearsals, song recording, uh, fansigns, concer-''

''Hey Minki? I think I get it.'' I held my hands up in a stop gesture and laughed.

''Sorry, I don't usually ramble on. I don't particularly get the time to talk to people apart from my band.''

''NU'EST, right?'' I smiled as he nodded.

''I think I have to go now. But I'll probably see you on the train tomorrow, right?''

''Of course.'' I grinned and watched as he walked away. Once he'd turned the corner, I opened my front gate, closed it behind me and ran to my front door. I fumbled through my jacket pocket for the keys, and when I found them, opened the front door and ran to my room.

'That was fun.' I thought to myself, as I pulled my homework out from my schoolbag.