A Typical Day with My Stepfamily

Cinderella's Bad Boy

“JUNG MINA!”

 

Instinctively, you covered your ears with your hands as your stepmother’s screech resonated throughout the entire house.

 

“COME HERE THIS INSTANT!,” she yelled.

 

You scrambled off the ground of the attic, where you practically lived, and ran to your stepmother’s grand bedroom.

 

Your stepmother towered in front of you, at the foot of her bed. She glared at you, sending shivers down your spine. Her presence in its entirety was intimidating.

 

“Would you mind explaining this to me?,” she asked, pointing to a large pile of unfinished laundry.

 

Shoot. I knew I forgot to do something today.

 

You eyed your stepmother and gulped. She was livid.

 

“Mother, I can explain,” you stated.

 

“Don’t you dare call me ‘mother’, you ingrate!” she yelled as she slapped you with brute force.

Though her slaps weren’t painful, her words cut through your heart like a knife.

 

“Ma’am,” you corrected yourself, trying to hold back tears.

 

“Go on,” she stated.

 

“Well, this week was exam week and-and I had a lot of work from school and you gave me alot more chores this week too,” you stated tearfully.

 

“THAT IS NO EXCUSE! YOU WILL GAIN NOTHING BY STUDYING IN SCHOOL! YOU ARE DESTINED TO WORK HERE FOR LIFE!” she roared.

 

“But, ma’am, I actually want to go to college someday and make myself a living.”

 

Another ear splitting slap could be heard. You broke out in uncontrollable sobs as your stepmother hit you over and over again.

 

“You will work here, and that is final. You will not go to college. You will only finish your mandatory studies. Now, finish this laundry. I made another list of chores for you to finish once you are done.”

 

You nodded and gathered her clothes in the laundry basket, then left. You could hear giggles from outside, and you knew that your stepsisters were probably watching your stepmother incur her wrath on you. You arrived with your laundry basket in the laundry room, and fell to your knees, crying. Another day with your harsh stepfamily. Another day having to listen to the harsh words of your stepmother as they slashed through your heart. All you ever wanted to do was please your stepfamily, and make them happy. All you ever wanted was a complete, happy, loving family.

 

 

Hey, guys. Just finished the first chappie of my first fic. Tell me how it is. I know its short. I'll try to make it longer next time! Kamsamnida!