Beautiful Goodbye

Two Songs

 

Baby My Love Beautiful – I love you
Just by looking at you, just by thinking of you, my heart races

 

Even in this moment when I’m looking at you, if I close my eyes, I miss you
Will you be able to understand my heart? Just like that shy day
You probably hated me sometimes, did you push me away sometimes?
But still, I’ll sing my heart to you, who stayed by my side

 

 

Woohyun closed his eyes. A ball pen in his hand, he took a deep breath as an effort to gain some kind of inspiration. He thought of his darling Inspirits and soon, a foolish smile started to creep onto his lips.

“Crazy fella.” He quickly opened his eyes at that sudden voice and like a reflex action, he folded the piece of paper as fast as lightning and kept it inside his bag.

“Kibum-ah!”

“Writing cheesy love letters to the fans again, Woohyun-ah?”

“No… Well, kinda. Don’t mind me. I’ll just stay here for a while.” He answered and without being asked, Kibum took a spot beside his friend in the waiting room.

“Is it that secret that you’re writing it in Shinee’s changing room?” Kibum suddenly paused and scooted closer towards Woohyun. “But hey, speaking about girls and love letters, what about Soyou? I haven’t heard about her for the longest time. You two still together?” He whispered, raising his brows cheekily at his close friend.

“Pft! Soyou?”

 

“Woohyunnie! You’re here!” He jerked at the sudden loud voices. Woohyun stood up at the sight of Jonghyun and Minho who just entered the waiting room.

“Hey, chingu. I think I’ll be going.”

“Yah, call me!”

Woohyun quickly took his stuff and left after greeting the Shinee members. Still holding the ball pen in his hand, his mind went back to what Kibum has said earlier about that particular lady. Soyou… How long had it been since he last talked to that energizer bunny? Well, it’s been a while, that’s for sure.

 

Suddenly, the heart machine halted when he tried to think about that concert. Was Sistar there too? He closed his eyes, trying to remember. He couldn’t recall anything about meeting Soyou or any of the Sistar members anywhere at the place that day or at the airport, so that probably meant that Sistar didn’t join this event.

Woohyun sighed in mild disappointment. Seeing her was so hard nowadays that he sometimes forgot about that special lady. She hardly replied to his texts and that made him felt more distant to her. But then, there’s this one thought that suddenly went to Woohyun’s little mind and that he made him felt somewhat scared;

Did Soyou ever forget about him too like he sometimes did?

 

 

***

 

The slender girl closed her eyes as soon as she plopped her body onto her comfy bed. Multiple CFs, interviews and such had made her body all sore. Good thing everything was over for the day and all she knew was she’s going to have a good night sleep.

                “Beep”

Soyou’s eyes flickered at the sound of her cell phone buzzing on her side table. She lazily got up and checked her phone. Her heart started to skip a beat when she read the content of the text message.

“Hey, Beautiful. Just wondering. Did you think about me earlier today? ^^”

She tapped the home button and noticed that there were like twelve other same messages with the same exact content like he just sent just now. A grin crept onto her tired face as she lied down back onto her bed, still clutching her phone tight.

But she didn’t manage to reply to his texts because she just immediately fell asleep amidst thinking of what to reply. Maybe she’s just too tired.

 

 

 

“Hey, you still have time texting him?”

“Well, he texted me, so I have to answer him, right? Unnie, Infinite just got back from New York. I’m just asking about their schedule because I still have to return Myungsoo Oppa’s handkerchief that he lent me a few weeks ago.” Dasom answered and quickly fixed her clothes. They had photo shoots in an hour and a radio show after that, so that explained why those two were so hasty in their actions.

“Excuses… I still wonder though. Did you drop the ice cream to your clothes on purpose the other day, Kim Dasom?” Soyou asked while applying some hand creams onto her hands.

“What are you talking about? I am not!”

Soyou just giggled in amusement when she noticed that Dasom’s face was getting redder. But suddenly, their girl conversation was cut off short when someone knocked onto their door.

 

It was Sistar’s manager, handing Soyou a piece of paper which contained beautifully arranged lyrics that she needed to study. Recording would start in a few weeks’ time and right after she finished with her makeup, she carefully read the written words on that paper, trying to get the brief idea of the song.

“Another song, Unnie?”

“Yeah, a duet. I didn’t meet the singer yet. But awe, the lyrics are so sad… I can’t wait to listen to the full version.” She chirped happily. Her singing career was getting brighter day by day. People were taking notice of her and her voice and that fact somehow gave a feeling of excitement to Soyou.

 

 

***

 

She hummed to the song happily while walking towards her waiting room from rehearsal before. Soyou was busy, very busy lately that everything that was stored in her mind was work, singing, fans and sometimes Woohyun. And when she thought of him during these past days, she would quickly text him, asking whether he had his meals yet or not. Sometimes he replied and sometimes he didn’t and when he did, the conversation would end up so quickly.

 

 

“Nice song.” Soyou halted at that sudden voice behind her and she quickly turned.

“Oh, Oppa. You shocked me for a bit just now.”

“Sorry. Nice song, really. I think I can sing right after you did.”

“Really? Easy to memorize, right?” She said and laughed awkwardly.

 

 

“Your faded photograph, the worn out silver ring, our old diary.” Her voice went out perfectly from her lips as she sang effortlessly to the song.

“Goodbye, goodbye my love.” He joined to sing with her and their voices then, blended together nicely that those two got excited and sang up until the final verse.

 

 

 

“Wow, haha… Seulong Oppa, it’d be so daebak if you sing the song with me.” 

“Yeah. Hey, this’s so random, singing at the hallway like this.… Okay then, I guess I’ll be going. Good luck for the performance and the duet too. I’ll look forward to the song.” The handsome man smiled and they exchanged good luck cheer before their groups would went up on stage later.

Her sight then followed the walking Seulong until his figure disappeared from view. But then, Soyou felt like her heart almost fell from her chest when she could hear a sudden loud sound of someone clearing his throat from behind her.

 

“Oh my! Woohyun-ssi! Since when you’re here?!” She exclaimed, hitting his arms but weirdly, Woohyun didn’t show any sign of usual happiness on his face.

“Why? Afraid if I would ruin your moments with that guy?” Soyou’s eyes widen at his question.

“What are you saying?”

“Now I know the reason. You’re trying to distance yourself from me since these past weeks is because of him, right?”

 

Soyou was puzzled by his question, his actions that didn’t make any sense to her. After a short thought, she finally could make quick answers out of his absurd questions.

“I think you should know better yourself, Woohyun-ssi. I’m just like you. We’re just busy and I think I don’t need to explain more. Think whatever you want about me and Seulong Oppa. It’s not like you and I are in a relationship or something.” Her words hit him hard on his face and he felt worse when Soyou’s figure quickly vanished from his sight.

He acted selfishly, again and rashly too.

 

 

***

 

Even in the moment of pain during our goodbye
Let’s never forget the memories we had together
I’ll take a step to you with my heart, I’ll protect you

 

Baby My Love Beautiful – I love you
Even if I close my eyes, at thoughts of you, my heart pounds and trembles
Baby My Love Beautiful – I love you
I’ll promise you that I’ll be with only you forever, oh loving U

 

 

“Unnie, I think I know what Woohyun Oppa’s trying to tell you.”

Earphone stuck to one of her ears, Soyou couldn’t help but smile at Dasom’s words and she quickly grabbed her phone. Time passed since the horrible incident and she ignored his texts for the longest time but listening to the song, Soyou’s heart was finally softened by his efforts.

 

 

“Kkanari-ssi. I get what you’re trying to say. Apology accepted.”

Woohyun jerked in happiness at the text message that he just received. It seemed like his efforts in writing the lyrics were not a waste after all. After days and sleepless nights pondering on the perfect words, he finally came out with the song; “Beautiful” just like the girl whom he loved the best.

 

 

 


*I think I gave Woohyun too many nicknames. lol I'm in hiatus but I just can'y help posting this >.< Listening to New Challenge and Soyou's duet aren't helping me studying. Instead, this oneshot came out. lol xDD Thanks for reading. I'm just so happy that Woohyun's writing his own lyircs and Soyou's getting more attention lately. I just love the duet that she just realeased with Hong Daekwang <3 lol And a random Loving U at the lyrics xD

p/s-I'm a little sad too at JunHara breakup. Poor them. I guess it's true that distance does break people apart.