Zoophobia + Coulrophobia = Unicorn Explosions

Zoophobia
Zoophobia: ( final )
 
"Hey, Mandy! let's go to the zoo today!"

"No." Mandy rejected her best friend's request and turned back to her history textbook, pretending to read about World War II and about how people liked to kill each other for no apparent reason. "I have homework to do."

"But you never do homework, why start now?" Libbie whined. "Just go with me, pretty pleeeaaassseee?!"

"No." She answered again, not looking up. Having a friend over at your house could make you feel less lonely, but sometimes in could be just downright annoying.

Libbie pouted and her shoulders drooped as she walked away, sulking. Mandy sighed at the sad sight and put down her pencil. "Wait, Libbie, I was just kidding..."

There was no response as Libbie disappeared into the long hallway located in the middle of her house.

"Libbie? Where are you going?"

Again, there was no response so Mandy stood up and tiptoed over to her bedroom doorway, only to find Libbie going through her secret drawer full of secret stuff that were meant to, well, stay secret.

"Libbie! What on earth are you doing?!" She exclaimed, her eyes widened in horror at the mess that was beginning to spread across her room like some sort of disease.

Libbie ignored her and flung a box onto the floor. The lid popped open, revealing a bunch of chocolate bars, all sizes, flavors, and colors. "Mandy, if you don't go to the zoo with me, I'll eat your secret stash of emergency chocolate right in front of your eyes!"

"NEVER!!" Mandy cried, snatching her precious sugary deliciousness up from the floor. Libbie cackled an evil grin as she surrendered. No way was Mandy going to risk the life of her chocolate; Libbie was a stubborn girl that could do just about anything, if she had the motivation to do it. "Fine, I'll go with you. But just this once, for one hour only."

Libbie danced her victory dance and flailed her arms around like a Magikarp. "Yes, I won!!"

Mandy shook her head, disapproving of herself agreeing with the immature figure in front of her. There was a reason why she didn't like going to the zoo, and now she had to face the worst of all her fears...
 
 
 
 
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
 
 
 
 
"Stupid Libbie, stupid homework, stupid zoo, stupid everything." Mandy scoffed to herself.

The moment the two girls got to the zoo, Libbie had abandoned Mandy when she spotted a gummy bears stand somewhere and ran off, screaming, "SUGARRRRR!!" at the top of her little lungs. Now the poor girl was lost, all by herself, and she had no idea of what to do.

Seriously, who sells gummy bears at the zoo? Mandy asked to herself. Now she was all alone in a place where animals could break free from their cages any moment and go on a complete rampage and bite everyone's heads off...

The somewhat-not-sane girl continued along the stone path in the zoo, walking past giraffes and monkeys and seals and fish of all kind, not casting a glance at the animals and not really caring, because guess what? Mandy hated animals. Not literally animals themselves, but she hated how she was scared of them. She didn't know why though. She was just frightened by them.

Hugging herself with her arms, Mandy spotted a map of the zoo and walked over to it. There was a big star that said 'YOU ARE HERE' placed right in between the lions and the tiger cages. Sighing again, Mandy turned around to leave the area so she didn't have to face any scary fanged animals but she suddenly stopped in her tracks and gasped. That's when she saw him.

Him as in a fair-skinned boy with pouffy blonde hair that swept across his eyes and his lips curled into a faint smile and his gentle features that practically sparkled in the sunlight. His thin body was leaning against a fence that was surrounding a bunch of deers grazing the grass lazily.

Mandy stood there, staring at him with wide open for who-know-how-long, but she at least had the decency to close it and dart behind a nearby lamp post a while later. From there she continued to peek at the boy, still mesmerized by his stunningly beautiful visage.

Another boy ran up to him and tugged on his sleeve, whispering something into his ear before running off again. The tall blonde nodded and was about to follow the shorter boy when his eyes landed the girl hiding behind the lamp post. Mandy blinked blankly at him several times before realizing he caught her staring and immediately looked away and at the ground.

Crap, now he'll think I'm weird... Mandy freaked out. When she lifted her head up again, Libbie was standing right in front of her face. She shrieked and fell over backwards.

"Libbie, what the heck?!" She groaned, helping herself up. "Don't scare me like that!"

"Like what?" The best friend said innocently, holding onto a red balloon in her left hand. "You were just spacing out, so I wanted to surprise you."

"How very mature of you." Mandy rolled her eyes. "Where did you go? You like ditched me the moment we got here."

"Sorry about that. Sugar called." Libbie grinned cheekily. "We can go now, I've seen all the animals already."

"Finally." Mandy muttered, peeking past her friend's shoulder and to the nearby fence. To her disappointment, the boy had already disappeared. "Let's go."

And with that, Mandy happily sprinted out of the animal-filled tourist attraction and back to her beloved house, faraway from any living animal that would surely haunt her dreams tonight.
 
 
 
 
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
 
 
 
 
The next day, Mandy quietly shut the front door and tiptoed off the front of her yard. If she could escape without getting caught, she would remember to thank the gods every single day and-
 
"Mandy? Where are you going?"
 
Mentally cursing herself, she turned around. "Libbie, I'm just going somewhere nearby. It's not far."
 
"Where?" Her best friend asked, obviously curious.
 
Mandy stubbornly repeated, "Somewhere."
 
Libbie narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms. "Tell me or else your chocolate bars go bye-bye."
 
"Fine, I'll tell you." She sighed and surrendered again. "I'm going to the zoo."
 
"The what-now?"
 
"The zoo."
 
"Sorry, I can't hear you..."
 
"The. Zoo."
 
"Say it louder, come on-"
 
"THE ZOO. I'M GOING TO THE FRICKING ZOO, ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?!?"
 
"What? You're going to the zoo? We just went yesterday." Libbie's eyes widened. "And I thought you hated zoos."
 
"I do." She replied simply, telepathically telling her best friend to leave her alone so she could leave already.
 
There of course no chance of that happening. "Why do you suddenly want to go?"
 
"No reason," Mandy answered, finally losing her patience and walking away. "I have to go now, I'll talk to you later!"
 
She left a very confused Libbie behind, who was scratching bed head in confuzzlement. "Weird. I thought she was afraid of animals."
 
When Mandy reached the local zoo again, she hesitated to step inside the creepy place again but her thoughts drifted to the boy from yesterday and she entered the gates anyways. Yes, that boy was the reason she was going to the zoo. And yes, she is well aware of how lame that was.
 
Walking to where the deers were located, Mandy planted herself at the lamp post once again, which was a good distance away from any animal cages and spotted the boy from yesterday. He was talking to a baby deer who had ran up to him and was peering at him through the fence. The boy lifted up a finger and the deer's head as a smile appeared on his face.
 
Somehow, just watching this boy made Mandy feel content. The way he interacted with the baby deer was soothing, if that made any sense at all. And she had to admit, the boy was very cute too.
 
Feeling like a creeper, she looked down at her shoes for a second and looked back up, only to find the boy gone from his previous spot. She looked around frantically, wondering where he went and when she turned to her right, the boy's face was about an inch away from hers.
 
"Boo."

She shrieked again, banging her head against the lamp post.

"Whoa, sorry!" The boy said, his tone changing. "Are you hurt?"

Mandy winced and rubbed the back of her head. Even his voice was cute. "It's okay, I'm fine."

"I didn't mean to give you a heart attack or anything, I was just wondering why you kept staring at me." He explained. "By any chance... are you a stalker?"

"N-no, of course not!" She blurted. "I just... thought you were cute, that's all."

Silence.

Her eyes grew wide when she realized what she had just said and her hand flew up to cover . "Oh- I didn't mean- I just-"

"You think I'm cute?" The boy chuckled, eyes crinkling and lips curving upwards. "Thanks."

Mandy blushed and mentally slapped herself. Ermagod, I'm dying. Why must I be so utterly stupid?

The boy didn't seem to mind the girl's rather odd behavior and introduced himself. "My name Luhan, if you're wondering."

"I'm M-Mandy."

"Nice to meet you, Mandy." Even my name sounds so cute when he says it. Luhan cocked his head to the side and pointed behind him. "Do you want to join me?"

"Huh? Join you...?" Her eyes followed the path his fingers were pointing at and she immediately shook her head. No way was she going to join him to observe some deers, not even if he was the cutest guy on earth. "N-no, I think I'm good here..."

"Oh, come one, why not?" Luhan grinned and took her hand, pulling me over to the fence. Mandy began to blush, absolutely speechless at the stranger's actions, and tried to wiggle out of his grip.

"Luhan, I can't! L-let go, they're too-" Too late. Once he let go of her hand, she was already in front of the baby deer and froze on the spot. The deer stared at her and she stared back, not able to move a single finger.

Luhan moved beside Mandy and she noticed his height was much greater when he had to bend down. "Why are you so hesitant? Are you afraid of animals or something?"

"Me? N-no, of course not- AAAHHHH!!" The deer jerked its snout towards the girl and she screamed for the millionth time this week. Scrambling up onto her feet, she ran back to her beloved lamp post and hugged it, trembling in her tiny shoes. The blonde-haired boy seemed like he was laughing when he walked over back to the scared girl.

"Okay, so maybe I am a little scared of them." Mandy admitted. "Maybe I do have zoophobia. Is that weird?"

"No, it isn't." Luhan shook his head. "I'm just wondering why you're scared of them. I mean, animals are harmless unless you bother and anger them in some way."

She sighed. "I know, but I just can't help but freak out and run away every time I come in a ten foot radius of any kind of animal."

"What's funny is that you're standing in a zoo, where hundreds of animals dwell and live." He joked. "I must be really cute for you to come here on your own will."

Mandy grew red at his words. "H-hey!"

"Kidding, I'm just kidding." He told her the moment a young boy appeared by his side and tapped his shoulder. It was the same little boy from yesterday.

"Luhan, it's time to go. Practice starts at three, remember?" The boy reminded him and eyed Mandy weirdly. "Gege, who's she?"

"Sehun, this is Mandy, a friend I just made ten minutes ago. Mandy, this Sehun, one of my good childhood friends." Luhan introduced the two to each other, gesturing from him to her.

"Ten minutes ago?" Sehun raised his eyebrow, not approving of the fact that technically he had made friends with a complete stranger.

"Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that, right?" The older grinned.

The younger shrugged. "Sure, can we just go now? I don't want Kris-Gege to get mad at us again, like yesterday."

"Alright, I got it." Luhan nodded and turned to Mandy. "Come here at the same time tomorrow, okay? I have something in mind for your little fear of animals."

"Something in mind...?" The girl didn't get to answer since Sehun dragged Luhan away and out of sight. He waved to her before they turned the corner and she was left wondering what the heck was he talking about.
 
 
 
 
lalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalalala
 
 
 

The following day, Mandy practically ran to the zoo when it was time. For some reason, she couldn't wait to meet Luhan again. It was probably the first time a boy had shown so much interest in her.

Mandy arrived at the deers first this time, so she leaned against the lamp post, waiting for Luhan to come. Several minutes past before a white bear- a stuffed animal bear, by the way- appeared out of nowhere and was thrown at her face.

"What the-? AAHHH!!" Mandy took the stuffed animal and flung it away from her body, recoiling in fear.

"Whoa, you're afraid of non-living animals too?" Luhan exclaimed as he emerged from behind her, catching the bear. "Your phobia must be really severe."

Mandy stuck her tongue out at him. People were starting to look at them strangely but she didn't care. "That was mean, Luhan."

"I was just joking, you know." He reached up to ruffle her hair. "Now, tell me more about your phobia."

"About it?" Mandy tapped her chin, thinking about it. "Well, whenever I get near animals, my heart beats faster and I start stuttering, like yesterday for instance."

Luhan smiled. "Oh, really?"

"Huh? What do you mean?" Mandy asked.

"That doesn't sound like you're scared of animals. It sounds like you have a crush on somebody."

She blushed upon hearing those words. "W-what?!"

"You're so clueless and innocent, it's cute."

"N-no, it's n-not!"

"See? There you go again, stuttering." Luhan grinned, teasing her as he wrapped her fingers around the stuffed teddy bear, preventing her from letting go. "Just hold onto it, nothing will happen."

Mandy took a deep breath and fisted the soft bear, not letting go. She stared at the bear, actually giggling this time. "It's actually really cute, now that I look at it. All this time I thought bears were scary demon children."

"Well then, that's good." Luhan then pushed her towards the right, where the deers were waiting for his company. "Now, go make friends with an actual animal."

"A-an actual animal? W-wait a s-second, I'm n-not-!" Mandy closed her eyes shut, scared, when she felt a pair of warm hands on her shoulders.

"Don't worry, there's nothing to be afraid of." She heard a soft whisper in her ear. "I'm right here."

Mandy blushed, her heart rate speeding up. Why? Either because of the deers or of Luhan, she didn't know.

Putting her complete trust in him, she peeked open one eye and looked in front of her. The baby deer from earlier was staring at her and she froze, not able to move a single muscle. She had the usual urge to run away but Luhan was preventing her from doing so.
 
"See? It's not so bad, is it?"
 
"Y-yeah, I guess..." She nodded. Luhan took her hand and held it out for the deer to nuzzzle it's snout into her palm. Her stiffness softened at the cute gesture.
 
"I like visiting the deers in particular because they're really gentle animals. Deers are shy, harmless, introverted, and aren't aggressive. It's part of their charm." He explained and pointed at the baby deer. "His name is Lulu. I named him after me."
 
"Really?" Mandy replied, feeling rather daring and the mammal's soft fur. "That's really cute."
 
"Just like me, right?" He said again and Mandy grew even redder, if that was possible. The boy looked past the blushing girl's shoulder and his cheeky grin slipped off his face.
 
Mandy noticed this and took her attention off of Lulu and looked at where Luhan was staring off to. "Luhan, what's wrong?"
 
Her eyes scanned the crowded zoo and it took her a couple seconds to realize there was a clown near the lion's ages. The clown was creepy and scary, like all clowns are, and was blowing some balloons.
 
Earning no response, Mandy turned back to him. "Luhan, don't tell you're afraid of clowns...?"
 
"W-what? Me? Afraid of a m-measley c-c-clown?" He scoffed, body frame now tense and eyes still wide and on the clown. "Psh, of c-course n-not!"
 
Mandy smiled. "So, you have coulrophobia, eh?"
 
Luhan finally decided to start moving again and shook his head as she pulled him towards the clown man a few meters away. It was his turn to try and struggle out of her grip, run away, and hide down a well.
 
"Come on, Luhan! They're not that scary!" Mandy exclaimed, hugging the stuffed teddy bear. "You helped me get over my fear of animals, so now I'll repay you by helping you get over your fear of clowns."
 
"Nu-uh, I think I'm good." The frightened boy replied and Mandy chuckled to herself. Going to the zoo wasn't a bad idea at all. Who knew it was a place you could go and meet cute guys who were scared of clowns?
 
Well, apparently Libbie knew, because she was also at the zoo today and ran into Sehun, who also happened to be cute and frightened of guys in makeup and colorful wigs. They decided to become friends and eat more gummy bears together. The two were happily holding balloons and skipping around when suddenly they fell down a hole in the ground and landed on their faces. Soon after, they realized there was a unicorn lair underground and the two twin unicorns, Bloopie and Sparkles, woke from their 10,000,000 year slumber. They made the world explode into fairy sparkles and confetti and Luhan didn't have to face any more clowns ever again. The En-
 
-Oh wait, the only survivors were Lulu, the white teddy bear named Marley, and Lay. The End.
 
 
 
 
 

A/N: This is by far the longest chapter I have ever written, and I didn't even bother re-reading and editing it, OTL sorry if that was too rushed and butchered up and stuffs, I hope it was readable of course it wasn't you dimwitted unicorn I couldn't really think of any way to end it so there you go, I present you Lulu, Marley, and Lay. Hope it's satisfying enough after making you wait so long, LIFe_Is_BlissFul xD /runs away and explodes into fairy sparkles and confetti herself/

 

 

And upon the request of random peoples...

 

Luhan and Mandy did not die. They rode a shooting star to planet Mato and lived happily ever after with B.A.P. as their servants.

Except Zelo, cuz' Zelo's mine.